• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Does it bug you when...

Does it bug you when the pokemon you want is the gender that you think it shouldn't be. Like a Luvdisc being a male, or a pokemon that looks like it should be male, is female. Like in one of the Anime episodes, there's a girl with the only female Mr.Mime, weird! And, stuff like that, does it bug you? And if there is something else that bugs you, post it here.

Just wondering, because it sure bugs me :D

What I find bugging is the two special abilities Bronzong and Bronzor have. They only have two true weaknesses (fire and ground) and they can either have levitate or fireproof which destroys one weakness or the other. And since the two (especially Bronzor) show up quite often in D/P, you will need to get fire and ground types early on (like chimchar as your starter and geodude from oreburgh tunnel).

Yeah, thats really true, Levitate bugs me, because lots of strong attacks (Something like; Earthquake) dosn't affect that pokemon that has levitate, and it's so easy to get beat up :p

Yea, but levitate can be useing in startgy to defet enemys quickly in double battles, and i hate seeing female charmanders and that famliy and a chicorica has to be a girl to me and heracros has to be a boy or else it freacks me out.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like, if you see a Chansey which is male, is a little disturbing, or if you see a male Combee, which evolves into a female-queen pokemon, but it's still male, is weird.

A male Jynx would not only bother me but scare me shitless. Frozen-nippled psychic crossdresser anybody? I hear tale that Will has a 5% chance of having one too.. Dunno if this is true or not.

Just as a fact Zepzune, Male Combee don't evolve. only Female Combee do. But gender this like that are freaky, but a Wailord breeeding with a Skitty boggles me though. How does Gamefreak get that idea?

ugh yea, that hyprding specis thing, i mean i unserstand a Charzard and a Salamance Bredding but a Sceptile and a Salamance bredding is like wtf?, and yea a male jynx is scary shit i would hate to ever even see one.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Lucky for you guys, neither Jynx or Chansey can ever be male - they'll always be female.

Back to the topic, I had a male Gardevoir on my Emerald version. It did bug me a little because having such a blatantly feminine Pokemon being male just makes no sense. This is probably why Gallade was created.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
but a Wailord breeeding with a Skitty boggles me though. How does Gamefreak get that idea?

O.0 And I thought Miltank breeding with Torkoal was weird.

The gender thing often bugs me. I was adamant that I wanted a female Espeon not so long ago - it took me ages to breed the perfect natured female Eevee. In my mind Espeon just has to be female. I've said it before somewhere else, but I could never have a female Charizard. Not that I can stand Mr Mime anyway, but having a female one would be awful too.

I also like to have balanced teams - three male and three female, though I'm not sure why. I don't mind having four males and two females though :p

Exactly these things bug me alot:
-Male Espeon
-Female Umbreon(not as much)
-Male Jynx
-Female Mr.Mime(What the......)
-Male Beautifly
-Female Dustox
-Male Kirlia

The gender thing doesn't bother me at all. I mean I prefer a female Chikorita but that's only because of the anime, not because male Chikorita freak me out. In fact, I think it's cool to have a male "feminine" looking Pokemon. The strongest Gardevoir I had in Emerald was a male named Will. Hm, speaking of which, I need to get a female adamant Gible from somewhere.

The thing that bugs me is how young your character is in all of the games. I don't much like playing as a ten year old so I have to use my imagination. And how the starters are only like 12% female. I mean, I know there's a purpose behind it but still. Why are some of the coolest Pokemon majority male.

Edit: Forgot one--day/night got started in G/S/C and I wish they made that the standard for all the games from then on. It bugged me no end to turn on the GBA games at night and see in bright and sunny at in the game.

I do see your point with that, and i know what you mean, shoudlnt 10 year olds have curfuee's or something. It also bothers me that they dont go to sleep, i mean okay i know it's a video game and alot of video games dont invole sleep or anything but it still bugs me. And also in R/S/E i hated that guy who would stop you from walking over the footsteps, because if i rember correctly most 10 year olds would not listin to him. I also think the female trainors dress a bit trampor and are a little to devolped to be a 10 year old.

Back to the topic, I had a male Gardevoir on my Emerald version. It did bug me a little because having such a blatantly feminine Pokemon being male just makes no sense. This is probably why Gallade was created.

I have one in Emerald too, I feel kind of bad for him though... I'm glad they have Gallade now but having a female Kirlia still bugs me, and I don't like how you have to use a Dawn stone to evolve Kirlia into Gallade. I think the males dhould just automatically evolve into it.

[quote author=kinu link=topic=4491.msg63627#msg63627 date=1213043655]
Yea, but levitate can be useing in startgy to defet enemys quickly in double battles, and i hate seeing female charmanders and that famliy and a chicorica has to be a girl to me and heracros has to be a boy or else it freacks me out.
[/quote]

What's wrong with a female Charmander? I have one! Or a female Heracross? I have three of them.

And why is it bad to have a male Chikorita? I have one through breeding. (I started off with a female Chikorita.)

I don't like male Kirlia, Gardevoir, Skitties, Delcatty, or Luvdisk because it makes me feel bad for them. I can't get it out of my mind that lots of Pokemon call them girly because they have a feminine form (or color)... Or in Luvdisks case shaped like a heart.

I don't like know why but I don't like it when Vulpix or Ninetails are male either... It just kinda bugs me...

Also I prefer male Emploreon, but alas I got a girl. Oh well, I can deal with it.

Other than that nothing else really bugs me. There's no such thing as a male Jinx, Vespiqueen, Chansey, or Miltank. And there's no such thing as a female Tauros...