• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dodongo Dislikes...

A

Anonymous

Hello fellow Charmsians ,I've come bearing gifts created this topic to discuss those things in your games that make you wanna punch through a wall with a sledge hammer.

For me ,I hate it when in Poke'mon when I'm catching a legendary Pokemon , I end up using around 35 Ultra Balls then just for the hell of it ,I use a regular Poke Ball ,it catches it ,wasting 35 or so Ultra Balls.

I absolutely hate it when your Pokemon rival appears at the worst possible moment! Best examples are Silver at the Elite Four and Barry at Hearthome City.
*Throws DSi off bridge.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Alexander Onyx said:
I absolutely hate it when your Pokemon rival appears at the worst possible moment! Best examples are Silver at the Elite Four and Barry at Hearthome City.
*Throws DSi off bridge.

Bianca and Cheren. EVERY TIME THEY APPEAR. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Slipped fingers have cost me battles, lives, etc. Whether it be accidentally choosing the wrong move/item in an RPG or accidentally hitting the wrong button in a platformer... I hate it when a single slip up costs me dearly when it was completely out of clumsiness or not paying attention. XP

(Does this count for the topic...? I have no idea what "Dodongo" means :X)

I remember playing Reach for the first time, and I kept looking at my knees while running because of my lack of non-Nintendo controller clumsiness. XD

A

Anonymous

Linkachu said:
Slipped fingers have cost me battles, lives, etc. Whether it be accidentally choosing the wrong move/item in an RPG or accidentally hitting the wrong button in a platformer... I hate it when a single slip up costs me dearly when it was completely out of clumsiness or not paying attention. XP

(Does this count for the topic...? I have no idea what "Dodongo" means :X)
Yeah it counts. The idea came from The Legend of Zelda on NES , where there's a boss called a Dodongo and there's an old man who tells you the hint "Dodongo dislikes smoke".

And the slipped fingers thing goes for me too , in my Pokemon White , when I want to catch a pokemon and press the "Bag" button ,I sometimes accidentally press the power button on my Dsi. WHY DID NINTENDO PUT THE POWER BUTTON SO CLOSE TO THE TOUCH SCREEN?

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bad controls. This pisses me off so much it alone decides whether I'll like a game or hate it, to the point where I approach control setups with the mentality of "if it isn't perfect, it's terrible." When I input a command into a game, I expect that command to be performed the instant I input it. If the game instead waits for a moment to perform the command, decides only to input the command whenever it feels like it, or (even worse) does something completely different to what you put in (despite knowing you put the command in correctly) then that game is utterly doomed to be abysmal in my eyes no matter how good everything else may be. Only two games have gotten away with dodgy controls and still remained fun for me: Gears of War and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the latter barely so.