• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Darkrai event

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Right. As you should all know, there is currently a Darkrai event going on in (some parts of) the UK. It's been touring since 6th August, so I'm surprised there isn't more information online. All I can find is the list of towns and some generic waffle from the shop it's happening in. Shouldn't there be SOMETHING on either www.nintendo.co.uk or www.pokemon.co.uk about it?

Anyway, my life is currently crazy, so I have absolutely no time to go myself. This means I have to give my DS and cartridge to my mum to go tomorrow, and she knows NOTHING about how either the DS or Pokemon works. So if I'm supposed to enter some kind of mystery gift code, I'd quite like to do that tonight.

Has anyone reading this been to the UK Darkrai event already? What did you have to do to get the Pokemon?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I went to the Hanley event. The Darkrai is received via wireless Mystery Gift from a DS-lite unit somewhere inside the Woolworths store - it wasn't too hard to find in the event I was at, as it literally had a massive "Download Darkrai here!" sign nearby. Once you find the DS-lite that is giving out the gift, select Mystery Gift on the startup screen, then select "Get via Wireless." There should be quite a lot of staff members there for the event who will help out as well.

baratron

Staff member
Did you have to do anything special to the cartridge first? e.g. go to Jubilife TV Center and talk to the man on the second floor?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The Jubilife thing basically activates the Mystery Gift function on your cartridge. You can't receive Mystery Gifts until you've done that, but once you've done it, you can receive as many Mystery Gifts as you want. To activate it:

- Go to Jubilife City's TV station, and go to the third floor.
- There will be an interviewer somewhere on the third floor. Find him/her, and input the following:

EVERYONE HAPPY
WI-FI CONNECTION

Your Mystery Gift is now activated. Bulbapedia says that when receiving gifts via wireless from an event or from Battle Revolution, you'll be able to receive these gifts without having done the Jubilife interview at all, although since Bulbapedia is a Wiki page and therefore free to edit, it may not be true.

I'd completely forgotten about this event, damn my short attenti.... ooh something shiny!

Regardless... The closest one to me is actually tomorrow... Im tempted to go, but bearing in mind I have a darkrai and don't really care about getting an official one I may just not bother, as I actually have to work and such, are there any special moves on this darkrai or is it just in a cherish ball?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It's an ALAMOS Darkrai, so it will have the moves Roar of Time and Spacial Rend. It will also be holding an Enigma Berry.

baratron

Staff member
OK, thanks King of Lucario. Hopefully you are right about the Jubilife thing, because I spent 15 minutes wandering round the TV station and couldn't find an interviewer who takes more than one word at a time. Either I suck, or I haven't done something else that the game thinks is important. Also, my friend has managed to save his game in a ridiculous place (middle of Stark Mountain) and I can't Escape Rope out of there because he's got some girl with red hair with him, and you can't use Escape Rope if someone is following you. Gah!

[size=8pt]I should hasten to say that I am not actually crap at Pokemon when I have been playing it recently. That is important. Apparently I haven't touched Pearl since January, which explains a lot.[/size]

Also, RLRL should go to the event in the morning to help my mother cope with my DS :p.

Is there another Darkria event in America anytime soon? I can never seem to be in time for events no matter how hard I try, is there a site with lists of event schedules?

The Official Website tends to do some updates of events there. Nt all, but most of them.

Also, grave-digging is frowned upon here. Please check the last date of posts before posting.

Warn'd, Lock'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.