• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Danganronpa: Cold Steel (Discussion)

How should the daytime/nighttime system be edited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not like there is an ultimate gangster in the room

i feel attacked

also WOW sorry for being so inactive?? stopped getting notifications for this thread, didn’t have time to play much with the trial (i just moved into a new house and had to unpack and get situated at a new school and such, yadda yadda yadda)
so i apologize for my inactivity (...again), i’ll make a huge effort to be much more present in the next trial ;w;;

Alright, most of the votes are in. We're still waiting on three more people, but at this rate the execution should be able to run later today.

If you haven't already, please vote here (with your character's name, who you're voting for, and whether you'd like to keep it anonymous or not) or via PM.

Sent Hoshi's vote. Sorry for taking so long.

Will we be posting a 'voting' post or just assumed all characters inputted their votes and continue to... the execution?

Converse..... that's a nice way of saying we're giving the condemned a chance to either emotionally fall apart or lash out violently. Somehow I don't see a lot of our candidates going quietly. Might regret not choosing anonymous on this one.

...what happens if there's a murder during a trial?

that wouldn’t be too efficient.. considering the point of murdering is to not get caught and it’d be in front of everyone lol

but i can see that happening. or at least a fight. one of our more violent characters (parker, ralph, ophi..) getting the most votes and lashing towards someone, yelling at them and accusing them of voting for them and maybe getting a hit or two in?
too easy for me to imagine.

...what happens if there's a murder during a trial?

A murder during the trial… ah… well…

Like Seq said, that… really wouldn't be great for anyone. Someone dies pointlessly, there's no chance to get away with the crime, and I have to figure out how that mechanic would work.
For all intents and purposes, that would result in the killer for that particular round getting off execution-free. Granted, that would make the murderous character a prime target for any future killings, or potentially just a scapegoat for the next trial.

From an OOC standpoint, if your question boils down to "Will two executions be run during one trial," the answer to that is no. I can't stop you guys from murdering each other at any point during the trial, but I'd prefer if you didn't. It just ends up being unnecessary character death, which I'm trying to avoid for the sake of keeping the overarching plot on track.

Correct. Assuming the vote comes out to be incorrect, you won't get to know who the actual culprit is. The culprit will then have to get away with one more murder to win the game.

Of course, the culprit can confess to their crime, or someone can figure out who the culprit was later and vouch for everyone to vote in their favour in the following trial/try to take matters into their own hands. There's also the chance that no one will know who the culprit was until the roleplay is over. Quite honestly, there's no way to determine how exactly the future chapters will play out.

I’d like to think that, after whoever got the most votes is executed, Monokuma stands before everyone and tells them if they made the right decision. Not revealing the culprit, but telling them if they executed the killer or not.

For example, say Ophi gets the most votes (no relation to the roleplay, just figured it’d be easier to use my own character) and is, obviously, executed, and Monokuma announces that “Ophelia Morales.... was not Honoka’s killer.”

And everyone gets all tense because shit we killed the wrong person.

The votes are in! The results are… well, you'll just have to wait and see for yourselves. In the meantime, sit back, relax, and enjoy a beverage of your choice. I'll edit the totals onto my previous post shortly.

The official votes have been posted! This wasn't really the result I expected, but here we are.

…Who's the unlucky student, you ask? Well, who would I be to spoil the fun in the discussion thread. I'll let you guys check it out for yourselves.

EDIT: Reminder that the notion of Punishment = Execution has not been dropped yet, although I wouldn't doubt that some characters have put two and two together based upon the current circumstances.

Last edited:

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Not really. He said he would vote Ralph because he believed in Hoshi.

But to be honest, I didn't expect it to work. I thought that my vote would be pointless. Also, Paeon was obviously being framed so Ralph really didn't stick his neck out for him.

But at this point, Paeon feels guilt.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Ralph said that if anyone wanted to vote for Paeon, vote for Ralph instead because he was that confident, and then Paeon, the very person he was defending voted for him. That’s sticking his neck out

*acts shocked*
What a turn of events
I find it funny that Ryuu and Arata had voted for themselves
This entirely. I cried out in shock at this so that I startled my husband (the explanation of which did nothing to help the matter).

And OMG, I didn't expect that many people to vote for Hoshi. I still don't even understand the trail of clues followed to accuse her, other than some circumstantial evidence. ...ah, nevermind. Guess it doesn't matter now though...

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
And OMG, I didn't expect that many people to vote for Hoshi. I still don't even understand the trail of clues followed to accuse her, other than some circumstantial evidence. ...ah, nevermind. Guess it doesn't matter now though...
Well, those were my character votes. But shhh, the actual characters in the rp don’t need to know that. What convinced my characters were Jason’s explanation. It might be pure coincidental but it seemed to add up.

The laundry clothes grouped together were Jane, Parker, Paeon, Honoka, and Hoshi. If the ‘PA’ were diversions, that would take out the first three. Honoka is dead that would take out her too, leaving Hoshi as the remaining ‘culprit’. The handwriting issue, i was a bit iffy with that. A linguist studied announcations and words and phrases of a variety language, which doesn’t really extend to handwriting. BUT the laundry thing got my characters so shook that my characters voted for her lol.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Man, just like Paeon I'm so confused.

I still don't know who did it and now I feel guilty... One thing I need to know, who killed Honoka? Because I'm pretty sure Paeon's going to be going through some shit soon.

ophi’s just confused on the whole matter.

ophi, now that it’s too late: wait

in percy’s drawing he perfectly replicated her handwriting and the entire scene???? is nobody gonna mention that???

ophi, bc shes sure someone smarter would’ve noted that if it were important: haha nahhh.

hah, i actually thought everyone had noticed, but i didn’t have time to do anything other than read the posts, so i couldn’t have ophi point it out in a post of my own..
oh well~!

I still don't know who did it and now I feel guilty... One thing I need to know, who killed Honoka? Because I'm pretty sure Paeon's going to be going through some shit soon.
If no one figures it out by the time the roleplay ends, I'll tell you guys (as well as give a potential means of finding the solution to the first case, which I guarantee will warrant commentary ranging anywhere from "Oh, that makes sense" to "How the hell were we supposed to figure that out?"). Until then, the culprit of the first case remains a mystery.

As for Percy's drawing, Percy is noted to have a photographic memory on his bio, so presumably he could've replicated it with a 1:1 accuracy as stated by Shen. Everyone seemed… pretty wrapped up in the current debate though, especially considering the body had become pretty much irrelevant at that point. So unfortunately, Percy's art—and Percy—went unnoticed.
…That seems to be a running theme so far, doesn't it.

Little does everyone know, the reason Jason voted for Paeon was because he wasn’t 100% sure who the killer was, so felt it would be unjust to put someone to death, so he took a calculated risk and “abstained” in his own way by voting for someone he knew nobody else would vote for

This trial in a nutshell
Everyone: We have no fucking idea what's going o- Oh noooooooooooo, Raaaaaaaaaaaaalph, pleaaaaaaaase don't leaaaaaaaave us
Ralph: gets executed
Everyone: ... Okay so we all agree to never talk about this again right???