• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Daiche Region and other Sprite Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been almost 4 months that I've been away. I've locked my last thread (as a reminder to myself as to what NOT to do ;D), and now I've started this new thread. Hopefully I'll have better luck here than there.

Anyway, I do have an excuse for not being online. It wasn't that I didn't want to be here, it's just that life mostly got in the way (darn schoolwork!), and the fact that I was working on a really big project, one that quite literally took me almost 4 months to complete.

It's basically my own fan region. I called it Daiche, and it's situated south-southwest of Hoenn. It's modeled in part on two real-life countries (flipped and juxtapositioned). Three guesses as to which ones ;).

DaicheInfo.png

Well, here it is, the labour that took me a whole lot of heartache, since I pretty much scratched it by hand. And I was foolish enough to try and do it Gen IV style.

I really hope y'all can read the lettering. I did it as big as I dared, otherwise they would not have fitted on there.

Going into it in detail won't happen until later. But what I can do is tell you I already have the maps for Hyakunen to Ishisokoumen already done up, and I'll be posting them as soon as I can (won't do it now, 'casue I'm afraid of being accused of double posting).

And I've just realized that the number of maps I will have to do will number at least 200. Why me? :'(​

That does look like a huge work. And it's pretty well done, I can't even tell what lands exactly were used in it. I'd take a guess, but I'd probably be wrong. But still, that's more than amazing!

That is a great looking map, im not too fond of some of the city names though :S Poison-Side? doesnt sound too great to live in.

hrm, I agree with Jeydis with the naming. I like the map. I can't scratch that good.

Also, another thing to note: Places in RED have a gym in them if you're making in the same style. :p

Hmmm? oh, yeah. Each of the red cities, besides Sennen no Toshi (Thousand-Year City), Tatakaisokoumen (Battle City) and the Sodai no Riigu (Grand League) all have gyms in them. Umisokoumen, Ishisokoumen, Dokusokoumen, Hisokoumen, Geneisokoumen, Koutesokoumen, Kuraisokoumen, Ryuusokoumen are the homes of the Wavebadge, Marblebadge, Toxicbadge, Flamebadge, Spectrebadge, Alloybadge, Duskbadge and Wyrmbadge respectively.

And Dokusokoumen is where they do research on toxins and poisons and they make most of the antidotes that get shipped all around the world (well, it has to come from somewhere). That and there are a lot of poison-type Pokemon living in the sewers. And it's very purple. Very, very purple.

Each of the town names basically embody the theme for the town. Like Arashisokoumen (Stormside), it rains 5 days out of 7. Tatakaisokoumen is the central hub for the Battle Frontier, the route leads to all the different sections.

Oh, and the two green ones, Hyakunen no Machi and Chuushin no Shuto are the beginning town and the capital city respectively, sort of what Pallet Town and Saffron City were.

And it did literally take me 4 months to complete. Since I was in an OCD fit and HAD to make every outline perfect. And I dithered for about a month on the stupid routes (there's 55 of them btw)

Anyway, I have Hyakunen no Machi's map and info here

HyakunenInfo.png

The dark patches in the grass are the hidden items. And no, there are no Pokemon to be found here, besides what you can find in the water. The pond is good for surfing and the grass is there for decoration, and the same goes for any town with grass in it.

Oh, and yes, the maps are totally my own work. I have this program called Advance Map (which most use for hacking "Oh, look. I have a lvl 100 Mew as my starter pokemon!"), but I only use it to make maps with. Then I take the 'raw' (which more often than not has errors in it, like the tree in the upper right hand corner. All that was there was the block for the curve of the lighter area. I had to cut and paste the base of the tree over it so it looked better. I do this to all my maps. If anyone is interested about the raws of each of my maps, just ask and I'll upload 'em so you can see the difference. What is going to be the most difficult is getting the houses and indoor places different each time.

For any one intrested, here's the Pokedex entries for the three starters:

Starterdexentries.png

I'm not exactly happy with Koutetsugyo's colour scheme, I had wanted his face colour to blend into the silver of his body more, but whenever I tried, it looked horrible, so I just left it as is. Koutetsuguo (which means literally 'Steel Fish'), is made from a Azurill, Whiscach, Roselia, and Aron.

Koorihiyoko will be familiar to those who know about my other thread, since his whole evolution line is set out there, but I changed his name from Sukoshihiyoko (which actually meant 'Little Chick), to Koorihiyoko, which actually does mean 'Ice Chick). He is made from an Alakazam, Starly, Psyduck, Metapod, Spearow, Oddish and Clefairy.

Chijobuta was difficult for me, but eventually I got the idea and made him. Naturally, his name means 'Ground Hog' and if his Pokedex entry reads similar to Diglett, I apologize, but there is only so much one can write about a burrowing Pokemon. He is made from a Sealo, Sirskit and Breloom (I basically took off about 80% of the Sealo, leaving only the upper head and mouth, then placed the Breloom body (after cutting off the tail and lowering it), then scratched in the neck, chin and arms for those who wanted to know) So 'technically', I have a partially scratched sprite. So happy.​

Wow, you've really planned this out. I'm loving your starters because they use a different system, which I didn't even know was out there, although personally I like the steel one the best.

The only thing I don't like is how you left the houses and lab almost exactly the same. I understand why on the outside, but you could have changed much more on the insides, like rearrange it to feel different. But other than that, I'm gonna be excited to see your world grow out. It'll be very fun to watch it grow.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Koorihiyoko is so cute, he'd certainly be my starter!

The world map is so well done! So is everything really, I can't wait to see more of the Region and the Pokemon that live in it!

Wow! Thanks y'all. And yes, Koorihiyoko was the first one I did, and I've also claimed him as my own starter as well. Just don't try to snuggles him. You'd get frostbite :p

Anyways, here's the first route. Yes, I know, most Route 01's are very simple, and just a way to get from the first town to the next. I don't buy that. If it is in a world, shouldn't it be a bit more interesting at least? So I decided to have some water and our first Undersea area.

Route01Info.png

And also, yes, I know, no new Pokemon. Well, I have my imagination already working full time to think up of original starters, so new region specific Pokemon won't come till later. Just be assured that there will be new Pokemon as well.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the Hidden Item is that slightly darker parch of sand beneath the little overhang of rock on the beach on the left hand side. It might take a bit to find it, but it's there.

Grrrrr...you have no idea just how irksome the Undersea area was. For those interested, here's the raw.

Route01UnderseaRaw.png

See the difference? Well, I had to do a complete palette change. That's 87,040 pixels (minus the Pokeball pixels of course). By hand. I thank all that is good and holy for Photoshop's Magic Want tool.

And I had that (insert censored adjective here) song (well, you really couldn't all it a song, it's more like a brain worm) in my head whenever I even THINK about the Undersea areas. For those who have played R/S/E, you know what I mean. That 'doolie dooooo, dooolie doooo, dolit duh dooo' that plays whenever underwater. And I had that song playing in my head for the entire time I recoloured the picture. Not even listening 'Strawberry Kisses' by Nikki Webster got rid of it. That's how serious it was.​

You still haven't answered me on whether or not this will be a game you are making. Because like I said, if it's not then this is really pointless.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Not really Electric Jay, it's not pointless if Charaefive enjoys doing this. Personal achievement is far more important than gain. We all have hobbies. I collect feathers, which would be pointless to anyone else, but I love finding them :p

I can't hug Koorihiyoko? Frostbite XD That is like the ultimate cruelty... make it cute but deny hugs :p

Great first route! The Undersea area looks perfect! I spotted the Hidden item, but I'd never have found it if you hadn't given the clue XD

I spotted the Hidden item, but I'd never have found it if you hadn't given the clue XD
Likewise, it took me a good minute with the clue... I suck :(

[quote author=charaefive link=topic=4572.msg66759#msg66759 date=1216428401]
new region specific Pokemon won't come till later.
[/quote]Do you have an idea of when, or is it just "later"? I'm intrigued :p

Ahahaha! Yaaahh...I do love doing these maps. I actually find a sort of perverse pleasure in creating my own world. It's like I'm a god, calling things into being with only my mind .

And to answer your question, Electric Jay, I would love to see this as a game, but as I am completely useless at scripting, programming and...well...whatever else is needed for creating a game, even a fangame, I don't see this being one in the foreseeable future. Still, once can only hope huh? And besides, if I do all these maps, won't it be easier in making the game, if these are already done?

Still, whenever I finish touching up one of my maps, I feel a great sense of achievement, and I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Sorta like when you are faced with a chocolate fountain (which my cousin had for his son's after-wedding party - not the reception, that was in London and we are in Australia). Three tiers of 50kg of pure Belgian nard, continually flowing in a fountain of glorious chocolaty goodness and........

And I guess you COULD huggles Koorihiyoko. But only if you get kitted up in full snow gear. You know, thermal underwear, mittens, jumpsuit, overcoat, trench.

And finally, once I get the three starter families, and finish getting the 6 Legendaries I have planned, then I will get started on all the other Pokemon specific to the Daiche region. Until then, I will be using the Pokemon currently found in the other games to populate the word.

Oh! And one more note, there are people in this world, but unless they are someone important, like Gym Leaders or the Professor (still have to finish his look and give him a name by the way (am toying with either Thistle, Willow, Beech, or Snapdragon - hey, it IS a plant!), I won't be putting them in the maps until later. There are meant to be about three people in Route 01, a Fisherman, who explains about the Dive spot, a Lad who explains about ledges and tall grass and wild Pokemon, and a Pokemart attendant who gives you a Potion the first time you speak to him.

Here we are, with another town. This cozy little town is the second one you come across. It has a small cave you can't actually get into until you beat the first gym, since you need Cut in order to get in. Once inside, you'll need Strength as well (from the fourth Gym) in order to get all the items.

KounenInfo2.png

The random treasure you get will be either a Nugget, Small or Big Pearl, Small or Big Mushroom and Stardust/piece or a Rare Candy. And when I say it respawns, it does. Some respawn daily (normally the berries), and some respawn weekly (normally the above mentioned treasures). If a Hidden Item does not have 'respawn' on them, then it is a one off.

And I did try and make the houses different, but there is only so much one can actually do with the palette set. And don't get me started on the Pokemart. Although, I did try and do my best with the Pokecentre. The bottom floor will pretty much stay the same in all of them, I might change the table and cushions around maybe, but what you see is what you get.

I got thinking halfway through making it, "Hey, I'm not intending to have a WiFi connection, so why the hell do I need WiFi link rooms?" So I decided to instead make the top floor a rest area. The right door is the male toilet/showers and the left are the female ones (please don't ask me to make THEM as well, just yet). After all, you've just tramped through a dirty route, full of grass and rocks and you've probably tried not to 'go' very often, since roughing it is nasty. What do you want once you are in a place with even the smallest amount of civilization?

Edit: Thought I might add about the Pokemon play area next to the loo's (for Pokemon less than 6' of course), where your lower level Pokemon, Pikachu, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Happiny etc...can have a time out and play around with toys and stuff (sorta like what you find in doctor's waiting rooms and stuff. Well, it IS a doctor's surgery anyways if you think about it.

Edit (Wed 23[sup]rd[/sup] July): Fixed the mistake with the Hariyama/Makuhita, don't know if it is showing there, but I did change it.

Wow, your maps are loverly! I haven't even tried making a map yet... >.> Koorihiyoko seems to be the favorite so far, it's cute

Here be the next Route. Compared to Route 01, it's reasonably simple, with just a surf area in the upper right corner.

Route02Info2.png

Yeah, yeah, I know. I said I wouldn't put in non-important people, but it looked kinda bare without the Trainers, so I put them in. You have 3 unavoidable battles (the Lad, Schoolgirl and Youngster). The others are guarding Items and such like. And the Tuber Girl and Boy are a double battle for those who want to know (and I'm guessing are the spawn of the Fisherman nearby as well :p)

Once again, the Hidden Item is on the sandy island. Cookie to whomever finds it first. And it's not behind one of the trainers either :D

After you have traversed the Route (being bombarded by all manner of savage fowl ;D), you will reach our first City, Umisokoumen (Seaside), which is home to our second Gym and Badge.

Edit (Wed 23[sup]rd[/sup] July): Fixed the Luxio mistake. He is now his proper species of Shinx.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think the hidden item is in the top corner of the sand bank you mentioned, below the grey rock and diagonally above the male tuber to the right. Meh, it's harder to explain than I though XD

Nice route, I can't wait to see the City! Just one thing, your map shows that Shinx is catchable, but the picture is of his second evolution Luxio.

I know it's kinda late but the very first map of the region you posted is quite impressive!!
I really like the routes too, and the idea of items that respawn weekly :D
My starter would be Koutetsugyo. I love ice type but not birds. (although Koorihiyoko is adorable) Plus, I also love your idea of changing the types of the starters, finally something other than water, fire, and grass.
One more thing, Oo the map of the second town, it had a picture of a makuhita, but it said hariyama.

Wooo! @Silver Magpie, you get a death-by-choc-triple-choc cookie! And thanks for y'all who pointed out my mistakes. I've changed the Hariyama to Makuhita, and the Luxio sprite to Shinx. See? This is why it's good to share with people. Y'all find mistakes I probably've never picked up on.

Well, here it is. The moment I know y'all have been waiting for. The first City.

UmisokumenInfo-1.png

It is called Umisokoumen no Toshi (Seaside City), so named because it's, well, on the shoreline. I'm pretty happy about the Running Shoes Voucher (need to get the Running Shoes in Hisokoumen (Fireside). I used one of those Tickets you get in...was it D/P or LG/FR? Ah well, can't remember. Then I had to scratch in the shoe. Six tries later and...voila!...I have a Running Shoe voucher. So happy.

I'm also happy with the Old Apricorn (which is a Key Item btw). You need it in order to get the GS ball, after you find a few more things first. I was in a real pickle, since there wasn't a sprite resource already ripped for me to use. What to do...what to do... I looked up 'apricorn sprite' in Google and I came across a Serebii.net forum thread by Coronis, who had done some brilliant re-vamps of the Jhoto trainers, leaders, and Elite Four, as well as some items, including the Pokeballs and Apricorns you can get in Jhoto. Knowing that taking someone else's sprites were wrong, I had to think up a different solution. I was looking at an Item Sheet for D/P from Spriter's Resource, and I said to myself "Hey! Some of these berries look as though they could be frankinstined to look like an Apricorn!" So I took the bottom part of a Shuca berry, and combined it with the bottom part of a Pamtre berry (flipped and rotated so it was now the top). Once the basic Apricorn was made, I then went about colouring them the right colours, Blue, Black, Green, Pink, White, Yellow, Red etc...and of course the 'Old Apricorn' colour.

Also, you can land on the bit of land behind the Gym. Otherwise, how else could you get the Pokeballs there?

Well, I would put this in a new post, but then I'd have a count of Double Posting which is wrong, so please bear with this (rather long) post. And bear in mind, as the Routes and Cities and Towns and Caves and so forth get further into Daiche, I'll probably be having either longer posts, or posts split in two (after someone else posts as well, so I won't be accused of double posting).

Anyway, here's the buildings.

UmisokoumenBuildingInfo.png

The Town map is available here. You talk to the guy in the front of the house (to be put in later), and after doing a good deed for him (don't know what yet), it'll trigger the appearance of the Town Map. And yes, there IS only so much one can do with palette one is given for the Pokemart. Deal. I did mix it up a bit for the Pokecentre. And finally I have clear female and male toilet/showers! Woo!

UmisokumenGymInfo-1.png

This is the final picture here. Just be glad I've done it this way. Otherwise you'd have it all in one piccy and it would be VERY difficult to see anything.

This is the Gym info. Oh! I forgot to mention before. This is the second Gym you fight. You need Cut in order to enter. And Cut is the HM received from the Ishisokoumen gym. This gym is based in part on the Cerulean gym, but I hope I've changed it enough to warrant it being a new gym. Just check out the actual Cerulean Gym in comparison to mine, and you'll see the differences.

The Gym leader here is called Delmar. It means 'Of the Sea' in Spanish. I was thinking about the Sprite I need for a Gym leader. All the other trainers I can use the sprites from D/P, but a Gym Leader has to be something special and one off. So I gave her a bikini top with two-tone pants and a blue choker and a long fingerless glove on her left arm. I also had fun doing her Overworld sprite as well. bloody two-tone pants

And by all accounts, the Psyduck will be replaced by a region specific water Pokemon as well, but for now, it's a Psyduck.

Edit (Sun 27th): Fixed the spelling mistakes for the Elixir, Incense, Field Ability and Azumarill. Ta @ LoN_Colossus for pointing them out.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. That is absolutely amazing. It looks like it should actually BE a Pokemon game, that's how detailed it is.

Very, very good job, I'll be watching this thread!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
*Dies a happy death*

The city is awesome, and well done on the Running Shoes Voucher, that's some good scratchwork! I like the Water Gym being out on that narrow strip of land, it just seems to make sense. I love the upstairs bit of the Pokecentre too!

*Runs around the deceased, saying 'Don't go into the light...how else would you see what's coming next..."* And besides, how else could you eat your cookie if you did die?

You know, I'm still waiting for people to try and guess which real-life countries I used as the basis for my region map. (Hint: think outside the box. I didn't use them as they are situated in the world. I did flip and rotate them around to get shape I wanted.)

Anyways, this isn't a sprite update, it's a 'me' update. Yesterday (which is Friday for those of you playing at home), I was coming down the hill which connects my TAFE campus to one of it's exits, and I fell over, twisting my ankle quite badly as a result. Mind you, I didn't know about that at the time. I just got up, trudged down the very long and steep hill to the bus stop and went into Ipswich to go to my next class in the Ipswich campus. Hfter class, I hopped on the bus going home, and walked home, (which is about 5 minutes from the bus stop near my house). I get home and lie down for about an hour and when I get up I nearly scream in pain when I place my weight on my ankle.

Right now, I have my ankle propped up on a chair to the side of my desk and I an feeling very sorry for myself. Don't worry, I can still do my maps, and Route 03 is coming (slowly), it's just I'm in an inordinate amount of pain as well.

Ah well, the only good thing is I now have a week off doing housework ;D. And I get waited on hand and foot. And I have a legitimate excuse to lay around doing nothing but playing my DS and Gamecube/PS2/Nintendo 64 (don't have the Wii just yet).​

Hope I'm not nit-picking, but a few spelling errors, and I'm sure you want these maps perfect :p

Elixir, not Elixer; and Incense, not Incence. (Items in Seaside City). Also, Field Ability and not Feild; plus, Azumarill and not Azumaril.

As I said, hope I'm not being pedantic but I'm sure you want them perfect :)

Which item balls are which? Assuming the ones behind the gym are the Incense and the Elixir, but just asking.

Found the hidden items too :D

May I just say that your tiling abilities are very good, especially if they are hand-tiled -- Which I have done more than enogh times to know how patient you have to be in order to do it, lol.

I also love your fakemon, especially the steel fish, it is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see more of your fakemon.

Keep up the good work and don't give up on this region!

You know, I'm still waiting for people to try and guess which real-life countries I used as the basis for my region map. (Hint: think outside the box. I didn't use them as they are situated in the world. I did flip and rotate them around to get shape I wanted.)

Meh, I'm probably not thinking outside the box and I'm probably just imagining things, but when ever I look at the region I think:
America + Canada X Weird Angle - Some parts. Yeah.
I do love the gym leader, her pants are awesome and you did a good job translating from the trainer sprite to OW sprite.​

Yay! @Rayn, yer mostly correct, it's Hudson Bay to be more precise, flipped 180 degrees, combined with the lower part of USA (New Mexico and Texas if I remember correctly), as well as the upper part of the Yukatan Peninsular, also flipped 180 degrees, with the lower part of the Yukatan Peninsular as the spit of land housing Hyakunen and Kounen.

Anyways, here's the next map. Route 03.

Route03Info-2.png

You have a LOT happening in this Route. You not only have the gamut of Trainers, but also a proper Undersea area (complete with it's own cave), as well as your first named Cave, Umishi no Doukutsu (you really can't count the one in Kounen).

The maps for both the Undersea area and Umishi no Doukutsu will come in later posts, I already have done them, I just need some more time to get everything ready.

To answer LoN_Colossus' question, the Old Apricorn is the one in the feild, and the Running Shoes Voucher is the one behind the fence. As a general guide, I try and name the Pokeballs and Hidden Items as they appear in the field. For instance, the first Pokeball, the one up the stairs and below the Rich Lady, is the Rock Shard, while the second one, the one just before the Cave entrance, is the Pokeball. Also, if there are any Pokeballs being 'protected' by field events, like Cut or Rocksmash, then they are in order of retrieval (Cut is first, since you get it first, the comes Rocksmash etc...)

Oh, one more thing, with the Random Pokeballs, there is a VERY small chance that you can get a Master Ball from them, but it has the same odds as finding a Shiny Pokemon (naturally, without chaining). Actually, come to think about it, there is a small chance that you can get very rare items, like Dawn or Dusk Stones, Masterballs, Enigma Berries etc...from any random Item event.

Basically, the TM Case is the archeologist's, he asks you to find it, but when you try and give it back, he says that he realizes he really doesn't need it, since he only has the one TM (Dig if you want to know), and gives it to you, since you are a "...Trainer on a journey. You probably will be encountering more TM's than I would."

The Berry Pouch is the Aroma Lady's (she is one of the first Trainers who actually moves around as well). She is looking for her lost Berry Pouch, and asks if you have seen it. When you try and give it to her, she says "Eww! It's all sandy and wet and slimy, and is that seaweed?! I think I'll let you have this one, and I will buy myself a new, prettier Pouch." Before the Berry Pouch, you could only hold a maximum of 10 berries at a time, but when you get the Berry Pouch, you can carry a near infinite amount of each. (It's sorta like it's a Berry black hole. It defies the laws of physics ;D)

Anyway, this is it for now. Next up will be the Undersea area (complete with cave). That was a total of over 200,000 pixels recoloured. By hand, as always. With the Undersea theme from R/S/E running around in my head for the better part of two days while I recoloured the maps. Gah! Brain worm much!​

Yay! I was right :D. I do like this route, it has a nice feel to it, and lots of skip-able items to get. And the random item idea is purty nifty. Though I could see myself saving and reseting to get a Masterball... or at least an Ultraball if it was Route 3... Actually giving the items people wanted to them and then they're like "Uhh...you can have it." seems pretty much like getting other key items in Pokemon games. Great work!​

Wow these maps are great. The three fakemon are good too. Also I'm wondering where you got that indoor tileset for the gym

Well, where to start? Hnnn...ok. The indoor tileset for the Gym pretty much comes from the Cerulean Gym. And before anyone says anything, no. I tried to mix it up as much as possible, but, heck. This is a Water-based Gym. What else am I meant to use for it? Pretty much all the Gyms will have roots in the F/R/L/G side of things, changed as appropriate to fit in with the style of Gym.

Oh, and a word on the Rock Shard before. They are collect-able Items, collect 5 and you can combine them, (using the machine specific to the Shard, which is found in City later on), to make rare Evolution stones, that evolve certain Region Specific Pokemon. They are as follows: Rock Shard (to become a Orestone), Sea Shard (to become Seastone), Poison Shard (to become Toxicstone), Ghost Shard (to become Lethalstone, which I might add is not as dangerous as it sounds ;D), and the Air Shard (to become the Featherstone).

And now for why we are here. The Route 03 Undersea map.

Route03UnderseaInfo.png

There are the usual suspects of Pokemon down here. Common, common. But it's only the third route you go to, so... And you get your first glimpse of a Seastone. And yes, it IS meant to be one word, but I really couldn't be bothered changing the piccy now that I've uploaded it.

And this is the Undersea Cave.

Route03UnderseaCavesInfo.png

This was originally meant to be one picture, but it was becoming too large with all the info I needed to put on as well, so I separated them into thier separate components, the Undersea area itself, and the Cave.

None of the Random Items respawn here. And they are the large oval shaped things here and there. For instance, the oval-shaped patch you first come across, in the little alcove, just after pushing the Strength Stone.

Oh. Hnn. Well. I've only just realized how useless the Rock Smash rock is. You can just hop off the water in the patch with the Pokeball. You don't need to use Rock Smash. Gah. I feel useless. Well, in my defense, it was 3 in the morning when I first made the raw, and when I went around tiding it up, I didn't see it. So, you can't blame me. It was an understandable mistake. Right?

Ne, ne, y'all understand right...?​

Whoa. Your maps are HUGE. Do you hand do them, like tile by tile, or do you have a program to do it for you? If you do, tell me what it is. I NEED it, lol.

Great job so far, keep up the awesome work.

Hnnn...well, 4pikachu4, I DO use a program, called Advance Map (as I said in an earlier post). As obsessed as I am with this project, I ain't THAT obsessed to hand-tile. I have a VERY short attention span and practically no patience whatsoever (my sister says I have the attention span of a gnat), and hand-tiling would be the fastest way for me to loose intrest in this. Seeing as how I don't want that, I use the program.

If you Google 'Advance Map', you should find a download site for one. Advance Map was actually created for Pokemon games (mostly for those who like hacking, but I really couldn't give a damn about hacking, since it takes all the fun out of playing). All you need is the program and a ROM of a Pokemon Game (either FR/LG, or R/S/E), and you can easily, in a matter of minutes, create a map from the tilesets already in the game. If you want to know more (since it has taken me almost five months to get fully used to the program), the you can contact me via e-mail.

The map for Umishi no Doukutsu is coming soon, so stay tuned in this channel, and I'll get back to y'all.​

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Why I haven't posted saying how awsome this is yet is beyond me. Your maps are simply beautiful and amazingly done. I can't wait for your next update to see the Daiche Region expand, nor can I wait for more fakemon. Keep up the good work ;D

Well, I've had this...rather dark...and twisted idea in my head for a while now.

I'm not sure if it's ok to put up, since it does have blood (and gives the impression of grievous bodily harm). But it IS the very first (note that people!), first sprite I have completely scratched from...well...scratch. And I did it pretty much in the 5 hours preceding this post. There are two, one with fangs and one without, I can't decide which one is better.

Cutethingskillfinal.png
Cutethingskillfinal-1.png

I called the piece 'Cute Things Can Kill', and it's basically my avatar character in her animal form, she's a half-fox, half-cat btw (note the ruff which represents her scarf, and the freaky spiky hair!), and I really do want to put it as my new avatar piccy.

However, since it might not be appropriate (since I'm sure there are young people who visit the site), I'd like to put it out first, as a trial run. If the moderators (in all their godly wisdom), deem it appropriate, and approve of it's use, I will be using it as my avatar. If not, then it'll go in the 'WOOO! First sprite completely scratched!' category, and just remain in this post.

Edit 14th August: I thought I might mention that a) Yes, the hand is meant to have three fingers and one thumb, b) My character's name is Squishy (my best friends and I named her last night), and c) She is part of a trio, the other two, who are my two best friends characters) are to come later (Snuffles has the body, and Squeak has the left leg).

That is supposed to be blood?

looks like red, well glop to me. XP

Goo job ^^ you should have seen my first scratched sprite. It's nowhere NEAR as good as yours.
The shading style is awesome.

I have to agree with Shado... it does look like glop. But the sprite itself still looks really good. I want to say that it's not graphic and blah, blah, blah, but I'd probably be proved wrong or something. I'm kinda squeamish, but that doesn't really bother me too much. I'd PM someone about it...
I think I like the one without fangs personally. Nice work overall.​

Hnnn...it's been a while since I've been on, the least of my excuses being that I had to completely scratch two new Items for my Daiche Region. The main reason is that my sister's boyfriend (whom she'd never met before, except on her MMORPG), was coming over from New Zealand, and we had a week of him here. Also because I didn't want to double post when I didn't have anyone else replying after my Squishy sprite (there's a lesson there folks, comment, and I'll give you more stuff more quicker...err...ok...that probably could be phrased better. Comment, and I'll be able to give you more Daiche Region at a faster pace. Yup, that sounds about right.

So, about my Squishy sprite, I've been doing some changes, the least of which giving her longer hair, and making the 'blood' (or gloop as some have called it ^_^), go away, and just having the circle of the cut-off arm. I have also been completely scratching from scratch (god, that sounds repetitive) a full 'human-like' sprite, of Squishy if she could anthropomorphise.

Anyway, enough about Squishy, this is all about the Daiche Region, since that is the reason I made this thread in the first place.

UmishinoDoukutsuInfo.png

Here be your first Named Cave (all the others before weren't Named Caves). This is the Umishi no Doukutsu (lit. Seastone Cave). It's entrance is near the begining of Route 03, and it's exit is in Ishisokoumen no Toshi. In order to get all the Items you need Rock Smash (for one thing in order to get IN the cave in the first place, and to go anywhere in it as well), as well as Strength and Surf.

You can probably guess that the Black Wool (which actually doesn't look quite as nice as the White Wool, but that is another story), and Black Glass are the two new Items. Scratched from scratch too, as I've had to do with all my original Items. Hnn...I might have to make some notes as to what the new Items are and so forth, mostly so I can remember and keep track of what each is...Note to self: make tables for new Items later.

Anyway, Black Glass, you collect enough pieces and combine it with enough Black Ash, and you can give it to a Glass Blower in another Town later on, and you can create a Black Flute, which either attracts or deters Wild Pokemon (can't remember which at the moment).

Black Wool is used in making custom Pokeballs. I mean, think about it. You have just have an Apricorn, and since a Pokemon lives in there, I'm assuming it has to be comfortable for them. So along with the Black Apricorn, (or any coloured Apricorn for that matter), you need enough of the corresponding Wool, as well as another two items, in order to get a Custom Pokeball. I'm thinking for the physics of it, that the Wool lines the inside of the Apricorn, and makes it nice and cosy.

The Hidden (hah!) Item, as most of you have probably guessed (not only is the reason for the Cave's name), is the blue spot in the rocky...thing...on the far right raised area, beneath the little water pool thing. Gah, it's difficult to explain. Ah well, I'm sure you'll find it. You get a Sea Shard, which respawns every week, however, if you wait five weeks and you'll get a full Seastone (since it takes five Shards to make a full Stone ^_^). Mind you, you have to have the patience to wait.

Well, I now have to create the three houses in Ishisokoumen no Toshi before I can make the Info Sheets for the City, so it may take a little while, but bear with me, and I'll have it up as soon as I possibly can.​

Status
Not open for further replies.