• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

D/P/Pt is now over, what next?

I had this discussion with a friend of mine, The Diamond/Pearl/Platinum series was/is brilliant. How the hell are they going to top it?

I'm at a loss to figure out what they'll come out with next. Although they constantly surprise us, I really can't think of what they'll do :/

I'd love to see a remake of G/S/C since they did LG/FR, but I know a few people are against this. That series is my favorite still, so I'd love it if they'd breathe new life into it :D

What do you think? Do you think they can top themselves?

Well, take into account all of the references to the Johto reigion in the D/P/Pt games. It actually seems that they are going for a G/S/C remake next, which will pleasantly please me. Secondly, if it happens, will they be adding the One Island, Two Island et cetera from FR/LG, as G/S/C do have Kanto in them.

ive read many articles about a remake.
I hope they do remake it.G/S/C was my favorite series
I just hope they add more stuff into like when G/S jumped from R/B/Y

I would really love a G/S/C remake, here come the but i would rather something new. If they were actually going to make a remake i would like them to remake all the games and put it into one.

So you start in pallet and go through all the other regions; Jhoto, Sinnoh etc.

Although this would be good it would be a long stretch to create and maybe wouldnt sell as good as something new and shiny.

I would totally love to see gold and silver remake. my dream when it comes to the PokeMon series is if they were to release a PokeMon game where it had EVERY PokeMon in it and all of the regions, i'm really not sure how you would work out the logistics of that but hey, a man can dream.

I think a multi-regional would be good,but YOU choose what region to start in.Better for all fans that way.And have a choice to be evil too, 'cause some of us do want to rule the world ;D

There's a big problem with the "all in one" Pokemon game. The biggest problem is that they wouldn't be able to fit all that data onto one cartridge yet and still have more stuff for you to do after. Then you have to deal with the whole G/S/C/R/B/Y time gap thing that is going on (depending on what region you choose, another will have to be redone). Then, if all the regions were to be combined into one, we'd be at level 100 by Hoenn, which would ruin the training aspect of the game.

And then after that, how could they top THAT game? I think breaking it up into pieces is better for their pockets.

Personally, I don't want a G/S/C remake unless they completely revamp everything, which would ruin it for a lot of other people. G/S/C was bland in my opinion. The levels shot up wildly at certain parts of the game, Kanto seemed rushed and as an afterthought and not a real addition, that generation of Pokemon didn't appeal to me as much, and the storyline was long, drawn out, and ultimately didn't go anywhere.

A big argument for a G/S/C remake would be that the batteries in the old cartridges are dying out and rendering playing those useless, so I definitely think that after D/P/Pt a G/S/C remake could be on the way.

I would think that they might try to make another game like pokemon Colosseum or Gale of Darkness, but mabey for DS this time. And if they did do that, they should have to make the game larger, and have more pokespots or grass to run through because only getting to use the pokemon you snag is annoying, even if there is a good variety.

I believe Pokemon Battle Revolution is that game, without the storyline part. Moving right along, an interesting thing i've been thinking. A game that has the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions in one. I know wierd, but it would be interesting.

Things would obviously change due too the major things that happen in the games. it be hard too pull off, but it would be able too fit on one cartridge probably

Well how would that work twinky? Things would change or would you just put the two games together?

I'm actually up for a Pokemon game that has two completely new regions, not one region and then an afterthought. I would like to see two new, completely fleshed out regions with a plethora of new Pokemon to capture and train. That would be pretty cool.

I say remakes of all the regions, including the anime towns that weren't in the games. I would love to explore some of those, including Alamos town. Randomly run into elite 4 members or famous people while walking around. Having the frontier facilities in the areas described in the anime.

Or maybe a game where you could be both a coodinator and a trainer, like Nando, or something. Compete in the Grand Festival.

A multi-region game sounds nice too.

I can go on and on, but meh XD

I'm not that sure with what's going to happen, but I think that the next game producers are screwed - You'll get my wave length if you have seen the Pokemon D/P clip from the newgrounds flash, 'Soopah Nintendo'.They state have practically used every idea for a legendary. I think they have also used almost every animal species for normal pokemon, and if they can make decent Legendary and normal pokemon, hands down to them.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(shrugs) one creation myth. Next wave of legendaries will probably have more alternative creation myths, more gods, demons, what have you. Maybe they'll start throwing up more localized legendaries, more specifically related to whatever new region they conjure up. Or maybe they'll do more forme abuse. The sky's the limit.

And they're faaaaaar from out of animals - there are still many, many animals they haven't done. As long as there is money to be milked from this cash cow, they will continue spawning more and more new species until they have enough biodiversity to choke an undead goat with. THEN we'll see.

Also, a GS remake has so many hints dropped about it by official sources that it's BOUND to happen. We'll just have to hope they actually make it worth playing. Unlike the original GS. >>;

All i know is they got a lot to work with in regions if you superimpose the pokemon maps on japan it only covers about 50%

were is some links to pictures of what i mean
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Pok%C3%A9mon_Regions.png/526px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Regions.png
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/grandbush/pokemonregions6pqcopy.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6720/pokemonregions6pq.png

also

Fiore is the setting of the game Pokémon Ranger. It does not appear in the Pokémon anime. Pokémon Ranger implies that it is located quite some distance from the other regions of the Pokémon world, although Sinnoh is believed to be the closest. It is a relatively small island region that is quite mountainous. There are four areas in Fiore, each named after the season it constantly experiences — Ringtown, Fall City, Wintown, and Summerland. Fiore contains 213 Pokémon that can be caught in Pokémon Ranger, but it does not have any Pokémon trainers. All of the people who live with Pokémon keep them outside of Poké Balls, much like pets.

Almia , is the setting of the game Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. It is far from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Orre. However, it is said to be the south part of the island that Sinnoh is on, which does not appear in Diamond and Pearl.

(gotta love wikipedia)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose an all in one region game would be by far the best. And to fix the aspect of the facts, your main mission could be to connect computers from region to region. You could start off in the region you like, beat it, and then store your pokemon on that region's computer. Then, you travel and start a whole new journey to a different region. When completed, you link the computers and go on to the next two regions. Once you beat all the regions and you link all the computers, you can access your pokemon anywhere (they should all relatively be the same level) and then news can come in that there's a bigger, better, and more amusing battle frontier available. Plus, you have the extra events from all the other games you can do, too. Revamps and a bit of changes would be required obviously.

So that in my opinion is what should come out, although it's quite impossible to fit all that data onto one cartridge, and it would take a terribly long time to do so anyways.