• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Current and Dream Teams

P

Pokestar

The Cards show it all. My advice, Always have a grass, fire, water, and flying. I've never lost to an elite 4 yet with a team with the 4 types.

MyKantoCard.png

MyJohtoCard.png

MyHoennCard.png

MySinnohCard.png

MyUltimateAllRegionTeam.png

I accidentally replied to a second post for teams,its locked so i'm just gonna put my team here (not sure if thats alright)

My Diamond Team is...

1-Empoleon-Darandel (i cant remember his nickname well atm)
2-Pachirisu-Dacani
3-Leafeon-Auetl
4-Mesprit-Tanami
5-Lucario-Taskani
6-Latias

(second names are nicknames)

Also as an additional thing i didnt note in the other thread,my team is all in their 60s.After i get my firered pokemon to 100 i plan to start leveling em again (Leafeon ironically is being made to be a fire pokemon partner in team battles >.> )

Well Im not much of a Fan of many of the new pokemon. It could be because I havent yet got my Daimond Version (which is the one im getting!) Lol.
If I had to chose an all Sinnoh new team, it would be
Empleon- Because it looks the coolest, and I love the color blue, and water is my favorite elemental.
Luxray- Looks awesome and I need a thunder anyway.
Chingling- I ALWAYS have a cute baby pokemon, and I loved Chimecho, so this is the one for me^^ Since thats what it will evolve into, and my Chimecho (nickcnamed Duo for some reason) rocked the house during the elite four (should be called five since you always battle someone at the end anyway)
Electivire- Because its uber strong and its a third evolution and I could use some thunder/fighter moves anyway.
Froslass- Because its so adorable, and ice moves will help me alot.
Cherrim- Because its cute, and a grass type, and I want to have a somewhat balanced team!

But, since thats only if I had to have all Sinnoh Pokemon, the ones I will always love are
Persian- Because it rocks! Has uber strong normal type moves, and is the best and alpha strongest normal type pokemon to me. Also it is my most favorite!
Absol- Its super strong with lots of good darkness moves!
Milotic- I think its the strongest water/dragon that isnt a legendary is that right? Well anyways, its beautiful, majestic and wicked hard to beat, I like that!
Minun- Because its adorable, and I needed a thunder, and there where none really around for awhile, so I opted for Minun because Blue and Yellow are my favorite colors XP And despite its size, mine rarely ever dies. Unless against something unfavorable..like a groundtype.
Gardivoir- Its extremely strong and the psychic types come in handy alot! Especially against the strong fighter type pokemon!
Wooper- Because its adorable, and you learn real quick with all the HM moves involving water, you need more than one water pokemon o.o lol.

Just see my sig

Weavile aka Manyula
Roserade aka Rosario
Gastrodon
Gardevoir
Infernape
Luxray aka Neji

This is my dream team. This team (replacing Gardevoir with Azelf) defeated the Elite Four the first time.

Currently I'm trying to get an all-Sinnoh, never-before-trained-by-me team on (English) Pearl (for the playthrough) which I'll enjoy training enough to play the game...right now I just arrived in Sonoo Town (ummm...Floaroma Town, or something, I can't remember the English names). I decided to get Karanakushi (...Shellos?), since it was one of two Pokemon I saw that I'd never seen before on Diamond...oh, and Pachirisu, just cuz. So this is my team now (I can't remember the nicknames, they were nonsensical ones all starting with "t"):

- Moferno
- Shellos
- Pachirisu

I think I wanna get Drifloon, which means I'll be playing on Friday...my Moferno (Turo) is already at level 20, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, here is a proposed final team right now, all off the top of my head:

- Infernape
- Gastrodon
- Pachirisu
- Drifblim
- Bronzong (Bronzor was the other Pokemon I saw in Diamond)
- Abomasnow

Does that look okies? I dunnos. It'll probably depend on what I see when I play. :3

From what I recall, my Saphire team was something like this:
Blaziken
Shiny Sceptile
Swampert
Salamence
Bannete
Raichu

I was OCD about getting all the starters, and I was in love with the Treeko line's shiny form. I remember the team working out just fine on the game, but when transfered onto Colliseum...Ah, beaten in the first battle. But I still love my team all the same.

My team and dream team is my trainer card,they're all some of my favorite pokemon and so far nearly all of them are 80 on the dot :)

i'm also training Mewtwo for battle tower,since i think he may be allowed (i'm guessing only event Pokemon are banned?)

The Cards show it all. My advice, Always have a grass, fire, water, and flying. I've never lost to an elite 4 yet with a team with the 4 types.

Seeing this for the second time,i'd like to say that all that really matters is variety.I have NEVER had a grass pokemon up until diamond (and even then not until after beating the elite four).They've always seemed ok to me,but i never found them to be too powerful of attackers.

Fire while i always use as well,most of them are limited movewise and have many weaknesses (especially with the many powerful water types)

Water is awesome,but of course theres always other options.It too has the weaknesses of a powerful and popular sweeper (electric)

and flying i cant really say no to,just cause HM Fly is SO useful.I'm not really saying that the advice is bad,its very good.But what really matters is to just have variety.Especially in later games.Back in the day dark steel and fighters were pretty weak in comparison to other types.But now that diamond has come in these types are FAR more powerful than they were then,now able to be a huge threat even to their weaknesses

yeah that's true
it's usualy best to have one legendary in your team
and by having a bunch of legendaries in your team it defeats the purpose of it well, it being legendary
it kinda takes the fun out of it
and to Skyler
Yes my emulator works, but you have to have a fast comp for it to work

Personally my rule for legendaries is...if you like em,use em.

Seriously,the game makes it so you should be attached to your pokemon.I know its a game but its nice to pick pokemon just because you like em.I would take mew if it had base stats of 10.I also use a pachirisu in my diamond team.While its not the most popular of pokemon to use because of low bases,i've given it plenty of work and he's excellent utility as well

Current Party is in the sig.

I really don't have a dream team, seeing how every team has it's own weaknesses, and none is perfect.

S

skyler

well i may not have my dream team but in saphire i did some modifiing to effect

Blazkien LV100
Moves:Blaze Kick,Sky Uppercut,Cut,Rock Smash

Sceptile LV 100
Moves:Leaf Blade,Vine Whip,Cut,Quick Attack

Swampert LV 100
Moves:Dive,Mud Slap,Hydro Blast,Surf

Kyogre LV 99
Waterfall,Sheer Cold,Rest,Ice Beam

Swello LV 100
Moves: Fly,Ariel Ace,Steel Wing,Wing Attack

Dragonite LV 87
Moves:Fly,Hyper Beam,Solar Beam,Wing Attack

My dream team...

Ooooh, I'll have fun with this...

Spiritomb: Much like Sableye, DRK/GST types have very few weaknesses, and would make an awesome Hypnosis/Dream Eater dude!

Parasect: For when you think, "Man, I wish this speedy Pokemon would slow down", Effect Spore plus any moves like Sleep Powder is a welcome line to any team.

Wailord: IT'S MY BABY! Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Water Spout has never failed me! Plus, it's HP is insanely high, not to mention it's Attack and S. Attack.

Zangoose: Not super powerful, but it will do. Crush Claw is one of my favorite moves coupled with Swords Dance. Nice Speed as well so you can put the hurt on early.

Bastiodon: CRAZY Defence all around, and face it: Every team needs a Steel-Type. Though I could put Metagross instead *sigh* lifes full of choices.

Gallade: A Fight/Phychic-Type? *drools* Possibilities are endless. Nice Attack and S. Defence. A Gardevoir with Attack...nice!

It has Weaknesses, as Skoo said earlier.

But hey, That doesn't mean I won't have a..."Side-Deck" of Pokemon, lol

Mrrrr...I've had some time to play Pearl (English) today, so here's my current team (just got my second badge, defeated Jupiter, and traveled down Cycling Road):

Trainer (f): Tira
-- Moferno (m): Turo
-- Pachirisu (m): Tir
-- Shellos (f): Tashi
-- Buneary (f): Tary
-- Drifloon (f): Tuwa

(And my naming theme this time around? Nonsensical names all beginning with T. 'Tis fun. :p)

I'm thinking that for my last slot...hmm...I don't really know. :p In the PC I have a Machoke and a Misdreavus, but I don't think I really want them, seeing as I already have a fighting-type (Turo) and a ghost-type (Tuwa) on my team. I kind of went crazy today on the Underground (first time down there when the stuff in the wall was showing up in the section I was in), and managed to unearth a Shield Fossil. I just dropped it off at the museum, so I may add a Shieldon to my team.

Either that or Snover. Or maybe...umm...Glameow? I've suddenly started to luvvvv Purugly, though I may wait to get one on the "Opal" or whatever the inevitable third one will be. Other possible final team members: Cherubi, Burmy (if I can find one), Bronzor (this one has a high chance of getting the final slot), or Hippopotas (it's...so...cute!).

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm probably going to go with Shieldon or Bronzor, maaaaaybe Snover. ^_^;;

(And just so nobody expects me to say it: I have no dream team. I've tried time and time again to form one, but I just can't think of six "dream" Pokemon. All I can say is if such a team existed for me, it would have a Persian on it. :p)

I have a Wi-Fi team ready, but I need to train it (my TC). But my true dream team would be this:

Giratina
Palkia/Dialga
Empoleon
Lucario
Drifblim
Electivire

Yay. Dats my team!

My team on Pearl right now is:
Torrterra
Espeon
Flygon
Staraptor
Luxray
Lucario.
I'm hoping to transfer a Totodile from one of my GBA versions. I'll probably trade out Staraptor or Luxray depending on the situtation.

My current team is in my sig. My fave pokemon in one team. Just wish I could fit tyranitar or lopunny somewhere on the team, since they're another 2 of my faves.

Infernape (Blitz) - I always choose the fire starter, and this is no exception; I'd change it for a Blaziken in a heartbeat though.

Roserade (Juliet) - Didn't like Roselia much in R/S/E since every NPC seemed to have one. But seeing as I caught a budew in the beginning I realised it's strengths (and beauty).

Rotom (Plasmite) - Most unique pokemon out there, simple as. Least pokemon you'd expect someone to use and most people don't know how to deal with it. (Electric type that's immune to ground is always a plus)

Sharpedo (Davy) - Pirate symbol and it's dual type doesn't hurt either.

Chatot (Jak) - Chatter is one unique move, and the fact it learns Hyper Voice saved me a lot in double battles. (Pirates parrot too.)

Gardevoir (Chelsea) - What can I say? Fell in love with the pokemon since R/S/E, it's a good looking alakazam and I can live with the fact it's one type only, since I like it so much.

I prefer not to use legendaries since they're overpowered and disallowed in competitions anyway. (Although I would love to use a Jirachi)

Before beating the Elite Four, my team consisted of:

Empoleon - Kinda wish I started with Chimchar. The steel type seemed to hurt more than it helped...
Staraptor - Fast and strong. Totally awesome!
Lucario - Actually, this one was still in the training stages at the time...
Roserade - Great against Bertha. Also took down Cynthia's Milotic fairly easily with Toxic.
Weavile - Used a little, but was sort of overshadowed by everyone else...
Mismagius

After the Elite Four, when I could FINALLY breed Eevees and import from other versions, my team consists of:

Staraptor - Carried over from teamA, because he's that good.
Lucario - Still in-training, but is turning out awesome!
Jolteon - Because I always use Jolteon! Has great speed and special attack power!
Vaporeon - Sort of my replacement for Empoleon...
Flareon - I also use Flareon a lot...
Gardevoir - She was great in R/S/E, so I'm using her again!

I have most of the games, (8 to be exact) so I'm only going to post my fave teams.

Leaf Green:
Mewtwo, Blastoise, Charizard, Flygon, Articuno.

Diamond:
Luxray, Charizard, Articuno, Haunter, Empeleon.

I usually save my sixth spot for the Pokemon I'm building up with exp. share. Yes, I use legendaries. :p

My current D/P team...

Kazza the Abra
Starry the Starly
Hedj the Shinx
Dixie the Chimchar
Derp the Bidoof
Phantom the Budew

I will be keeping Hedj on my team and evolving her into a Luxray, will probably swap Kazza for one of my twin Gardevoir on Sapphire later. And... um... I don't know what else yet. XD

Playing Leaf Green, Pearl, AND Emerald at the moment (x_x;;) so I'll list all three.

Leaf Green: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Jolteon, Hypno, Marowak
In RBY and GSC, and FRLG, I like all the starters. Well, I do in RSE too, but not all on the same team, because I like some other early-game Pokés. Anyway, I just used Raichu on my last play, so this time I'm using Jolteon. Also I like Hypno more than 'Zam and I already have Venu so I didn't want Eggy. And Marowak is just my favorite. ^_^

Emerald: Swampert, Shiftry, Breloom, Manectric, Grumpig, Typhlosion
Swampert's my favorite water starter period. Shiftry and Breloom are my two favorite grass-types, and Shiftry's an awesome Chlorophyll-er anyway. Manectric's the only good electric Poké in Emerald IMO (Electrode has sucky special attack and Magneton's 4x ground weak). I've been wanting to use Grumpig for a while since I usually have Gardevoir, and he's actually pretty decent. And I know it'll take a while before I can get Typhlo, but he's my favorite fire starter.

Pearl: Vespiquen, Lucario, Infernape, Gallade, Gardevoir, Vaporeon
Vespi is one of the few bugs I like and a pretty decent tank (Heal Order/Defend Order is kind of nasty o_O). Lucario looks, and IS, raw awesome. Infernape saved my arse against Lucian's Bronzong and he's a flaming monkey, he pwns. Gallade and Gardevoir are two of my favorite Pokémon and are pretty versatile. And finally, Vaporeon is my third-favorite Eeveelution (after Leafeon and Jolteon), and I really needed a Water-type.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm replaying FireRed, and THAT team is:
Charizard, Hypno, Raichu, Marowak, Cloyster, and Hitmonlee.
Other than Charizard and Raichu, I've ever really used any of them and that's what I got for in replaying.

In Diamond, I have 2 distinct teams, the pre E4 team, and the post E4/ PBR team:
Pre E4: Empoleon, Luxray, Kadabra, Hippowdon, Honchkrow, and Rapidash (only fire in available if you don't chose Chimchar.

Post E4/ PBR team: Empoleon, Blaziken, Alakazam, Lucario, Luxray, and Tyranitar.

Kazza the Abra
Huh, small world. I got an Abra named Kazza off of GTS a while back.

FR: I still have yet to beat Fire Red. XD Diamond distracted me. My FR team at the moment consists of Charizard, Dragonair, Marowak, Golbat, Raichu, Vaporeon. Change Dragonair and Golbat to Dragonite and Crobat, and that's my dream team. I'm not taking this playthrough very seriously, since I'm just looking to beat the game and migrate everything, so I get to have half my roster be flying-type. Yaaay.

EM: My brother got stuck on the E4 so he just gave me his game. Hoo boy. His roster: Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Aggron, Rayquaza. :/ Again, this was pretty near to the release of DP, so I took on the E4, then used that team to go around catching whatever I could. (Which doesn't seem to include legendaries. *fistshake!*)

DP: The team I took in to the E4 consisted of Torterra, Lucario, Floatzel, Luxray, Honchkrow, HM slave. XD My metagame team keeps changing, so all I really have to show are a pile of level one hatchlings. I have a Weavile fully raised up, Vaporeon, Breloom, and BP Scizor in the works, and now I'm trying Aipom and Leafeon. Indecision ftw.

Huh, small world. I got an Abra named Kazza off of GTS a while back.
It's from an in-game trade. :p I couldn't be bothered camping outside Oreburgh Gate trying to catch my own, so I caught an extra Machop and traded it for an Abra. Thank Bast it had a decent name as well, haha!

As far as team planning goes, thinking it over more...
Infernape, Ludicolo, Luxray, Bibarel, Lucario, Gardevoir sounds like a good team to try out as soon as I'm done with the E4. I've got Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, Normal, Steel, Fighting and Psychic covered in there.

My team (only have 7 badges so far, about to catch palkia..)

-Lv 45 Gyarados male
Surf
Hydro Pump
Bite
Ice Fang
Item: Splash Plate

-Lv 45 Infernape male
Fire Blast
Rock Smash
Flame Wheel
Mach Punch
Item: Fist Plate

-Lv 45 Staraptor Female
Fly
Take Down
Aerial Ace
Defog
Item: Wise Glasses

-Lv 46 Luxray Female
Thunder
Bite
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Item: Magnet

Lv 45 Roserade Female
Magical Leaf
Cut
Mega Drain
Giga Drain
Item: Big Root

Lv 46 Graveler Female
Strength
Rollout
Rock Climb
Earthquake
Item: Iron Ball

Recenty completed, I have:

Kamik/Torterra
Michiko/Milotic
Tomoyo/Gardevoir
Damien/Houndoom
Tsubasa/Salamence

I also have a bunch of "pet projects" (random pokemon I felt like raising and did) as I call them.

B

bl00d555

my current team are all level 100

i have a blissey

magmortar

milotic

gyrados

gengar

and a drapion

My current team is in my signature.

My dream team is:

Darkrai

Salamence

Froslass

Electivire

Infernape

Oh, yeah...and Mudkip...I always have to stick that cute thing in there... :D

Hi all, I'm a first-time poster, and I thought this would be a good place to start. ;D
I'm currently playing FireRed (was a HUGE fan of Gen I), and even though I plan on playing Diamond or Pearl my FireRed team (a redux of my Red team) will always feel like my team.
So here we go....

Charizard (m) (starter)
Type: Fire/Flying
Ability: Blaze
Item Held: King's Rock
Moves:
- Flamethrower
- Blast Burn
- Dragon Claw
- Fly

Scyther (m)
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Swarm
Item Held: N/A
Moves:
- Double Team
- Cut
- Slash
- Sword Dance

Nidoking (m)
Type: Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point
Moves:
- Thunder
- Thrash
- Toxic
- Megahorn

Lapras (f)
Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Blizzard

Raichu (f)
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Item Held: Amulet Coin
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail

Kangaskhan (f)
Type: Normal
Ability: Early Bird
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Mega Punch
- Hyper Beam
- Reversal

my current team on pearl is: dragonite lvl. 100, kingdra lvl. 100, flygon lvl. 100, altaria lvl. 100, salamance lvl. 100, and garchomp lvl. 100

i havent got D\P yet or battle rev but my emerald battle frontier team is this:
snorlax- high hp and defense lv 58
swampert-high atk lv 61
sceptile- highest speed lv 59
magmar-burning sp. attack lv 58
flygon-best attack lv 58
magneton-hardest defense lv 60
if you find any way to improve my team, let me know.
i always like my team well-balanced.

i beat the elite four on emerald with these pokemon:
blaziken lv50
slaking lv50
swampert(i traded from my pokemon sapphire) lv49
absol lv46
sceptile (pokemon ruby) lv46
aggron lv43

Update to my team....

Charizard (m) (starter)
Type: Fire/Flying
Ability: Blaze
Item Held: Charcoal
Moves:
- Flamethrower
- Blast Burn
- Dragon Claw
- Fly

Scizor (m)
Type: Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm
Item Held: Quick Claw
Moves:
- Slash
- False Swipe
- Sword Dance
- Iron Defence

Nidoking (m)
Type: Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Toxic
- Megahorn

Lapras (f)
Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Water Absorb
Item Held: Mystic Water
Moves:
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Physic

Kangaskhan (f)
Type: Normal
Ability: Early Bird
Item Held: Silk Scarf
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Mega Punch
- Hyper Beam
- Return

Raichu (f)
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail

All Lv. 100 (the honest way :p)

My Current team:

Empoleon:Female, level 77, Empress.
Staraptor:Female, level 69, Sitsumo
Palkia:Genderless (duh), level 80, Payasumo
Floatzel: Female, level 65, Fritzumo
Pachirisu:Female, level 68, Puccasumo
Loppuny: Female, level 63, Lilsumo

Dream:

Empoleon:Female, level 77, Empress.
Staraptor:Female, level 69, Sitsumo
Arceus: Genderless, level 80, Atsumo
Palkia:Genderless (duh), level 80, Payasumo
Manaphy:Genderless, level 80, Manasumo
Cresselia:Genderless, level 80, Cressumo

Team used to beat E4:

infernape
roserade
gyarados
luxray
steelix
haunter

Not very good, so I'm working on my dream team.

infernape
ludicolo
drapion
magnezone
snorlax
garchomp