• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cryptopokeology

OK so i got the idea from the front page of the website were it says "cryptomon"

So i've made some some cryptomon :D

Vassie.jpg

Vassie

This ledgendary beast is Reported to be seen in lake Valor,

Poksquatch.jpg

Pokésquatch

This ape like pokemon is rarly seen in eterna forest, it is said to be the missing link

PastoriaFrog.jpg

Pastoria frog

this pokémon was only seen on two occasions, on one of those it was reported to have a wand which produced sparks.

Oreburghdemon.jpg

oreburgh demon

A small, almost alien pokemon was seen running over the cycle bridge and another time in oreburgh mine.

Mothmon.jpg

mothmon

This pokemon is reported to be seen around after disasters and few reports have ever been made.

CelesticDevil.jpg

celestic devil

This pokémon was reported to be born by a human 100 years ago! it's foot prints have been seen all around shinoh.

CanalaveMonster.jpg

canalave monster

One reported was ever filed of this pokemon in canalave, 12 people reported it at the same time, it is said to be an alien visitor.

The pokemon are based on:

Nessie
Bigfoot
Loveland Frog
Dover Demon
Mothman
Jersey Devil
Flatwoods monster

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wowso!!! I love thise fakemon! They're awesome! I really like Vassie! And your names are pretty clever. Oreburgh Demon..... lol. I don't care if anyone else doesn't think it's funny, I do.

wow, your splicing and recouloring is very good, though i can tell most of the bases, but i really like it, and you can shade decently

btw, i like pokésquatch best, keep up the good work

Ahaha. These are clever. :'D

(If you do one of Batboy I will love you forever. XD)
can i have a decription of batboy pleaseeeee?

And now introducing:

pokcabra.jpg

Pokécabra

The town of Solaceon lives in fear of this creature, it is said that it comes from a cave to the east and feeds on the blood of the pokémon in the day care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy
He used to be the golden child of supermarket tabloids, basically. XD

And that's a very lovely Goatsucker, by the way. Nice job blending Sableye and Sneasel.

lol those are excellent cryptopokemon :D I luv them... Although some of them look somewhat plain with just 2 shades, try 3 or more, or add strange patterns, since they are Fakemon. I'd like to see you try and do a Rod, or is it "can't see...?" Now all we need is an Extraterrestrial Trainer named Ross Wellington. ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
...... Ross Wellington? What the....

Pokecabra scares me. No, not how it looks, but the description. Feeds on the blood of the Pokemon in the daycare.... *shudders* At least it's not real.... OR IS IT!?

it looks weird with the wings the same color as the skin, it just creeps me out (as does everything else like that)

[quote author=Shiny_Eevee]
...... Ross Wellington? What the....

Pokecabra scares me. No, not how it looks, but the description. Feeds on the blood of the Pokemon in the daycare.... *shudders* At least it's not real.... OR IS IT!?
[/quote]

it does seem kinda scary when you read the description, though it is a really good sprite

Ok so i made 2 new pokemon not crypto pokes but my 2 first ever scratched ones so here goes :)

Bellrung.jpg

Bellrung

Evolves from chimecho

Ghostpkm.jpg

Jack-o-flash

I like Bellrung. Chimeco needs an evo. It always bugged me that Chingling was so cute, but it evolved into something so useless.

And the pumpkin Pokemon is pretty sweet, too. :V But if it's a jack o' lantern with a candle on it, you could totally call it Candlejack instead of Ja

Wow thanks guys ;D and yeah i was kinda stuck on the names so i just put down the first things that came to mind lol

I'll try to do more

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I like Vassie and Bellrung.

I'm not sure "like" is really the right term for the Oreburgh demon, Canalave monster and golBATBOY. They're well-done, but too scary to like! ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
For some really wierd reason, golBATBOY reminds me of Gollum from The Hobbit. I don't know why, but he seems to be the picture in my mind every time Gollum is mentioned, except my mental picture doesn't have wings.

And, as for some of your other sprites...... I REALLY like Bellrung, it's really cool. I don't know why, but it looks cute in a way..... maybe it's the colors or something.....

dang, that is some awesome spriting, its a shame pixelchu hasnt noticed, because if those arent stolen, then that is some of the best spriting on the site...ive always wanted a water type with a steel cannon on it...

edit:well, M_E, considering that is one of my favorite pokemon, i didnt overlook it, i mean like a water/steel type, not just a water type that can learn steel moves

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
OHMYGOSHIT'SAWHALEWITHORISSTUCKINATANKRUNFORYOURLIVES!!!!!!!!!!

Ehem..... no down to business....

Read above. It's the AWESOMEST SPRITE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!! I WUFFLES IT! *hugs without permission*

Yes, I still hug sprites.

Well, KoR, maybe you should check Generation 1, Pokemon #9. ;)
(I don't mean that in a smart-ass way, just saying)

Anyways, back on topic, I really enjoy your sprites. Reviews:
Vassie: Interesting. It's quite well done, but something about the head seems off. Maybe I'm just too used to that being a Lapras, and with a horn.
Pokesquatch: Simple, but gets the image across.
Pastoria Frog: Very interesting. It's greatly sprited, though.
Oreburgh Demon: Scares me. Not AAHHHH! scary, just the appearance. But good spriting there.
Mothmon: Well, it's fairly good. Nice job there, too.
Celestic Devil: It looks great, well done, but its just weird. But hey, not all myth-creatures can look nice.
Canalave Monster: I need one for Halloween. I'm planning to scare people this year (like a few other years), and it's not scary looking, but it could be very scary to just show up. I like it.
Pokcabra: It's freaky, but nicely done, like many others. Can imagine that thing being some part of the main storyline in Sinnoh. Chasing it down, catch it or defeat it indefinately, otherwise it'd just revive.
Golbatboy: This thing scares the hell out of me. Beyond reason.
Jack-o-flash: That's nice, it looks like a halloween decoration of sorts. Again, useful for frights, it could just look like an ordinary decoration then start moving.
Bellrung: Wow, that's really good. I like it, dunno what it is about it, but I just want one. Maybe it's because I go through "phases" where I like a certain Pokemon, and Chimecho lasted a long time, and I still like it, just not as much.
Quizzit: Could imagine these being annoying in that one round in the Trick House. It'd be interesting.
And finally...
Warhale: That's awesome. I could imagine training one of those for a long time. It's really nicely sprited too!

I will be watching, as I have always been. Waiting to see more.

WOW! thanks alot guys ;D im gonna try a provo for warhale and i'll keep you all posted when it's done :p
Update:

here it is the prevolution of warhale

boomhale.jpg

BoomHale

water/Steel

ok so i'll put them togeather with dex entrys

boomhale.jpg

Boomhale
water.gif
/
Steel.gif

sea.gif

When 2 or more of these pokemon group together it is called a fleet.

BoomHale---lvl.34--->WarHale

warhale.jpg

Warhale
water.gif
/
Steel.gif

sea.gif

Vicious battles are waged out in the open seas between fleets of these huge pokemon, using their powerful water cannons.

boomwhale is cute, i love the sparkle in the eyes, and i could imagine warwhales battle in the open sea pretty easily, but i cant imagine it without smoke coming from the cannons...which doesnt happen underwater...but still, they both kool...and congrats on a page 2

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
See Kingie's post. I agree with everything he says, even the battles and smoke coming out of the cannons part....

I must say, I wish those were real Pokemon. I would love to train them..... and I can almost imagine a Boomhale crying for some odd reason.... maybe it's because of it's babish-cute expression I see....

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
WOW!!!! I always wanted a Rocket Pokemon! YES!!!

Now, if only it was colored black with a red "R" on it's back..... ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Heh heh.... that could be one of Giovanie or whatever his name is's Pokemon.

Now.... how would you evolve Electrode into Joltasile? Light Stone?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Hint, hint* ;D

Here you gooooo :D

JoltassileR.jpg

It's like a Pokemon version of Bullet Bill. Feels rather Voltord/Electrode-ish. I like it XD

Warhale and Boomhale are probably my favourite two thus far, but a number of these are interesting creations. Nice take on the "Cryptimon" name ^^

Warhale, Boomhale, Bellrung and the electrode evo you created would most certainly be on my team if they were real.

I have to agree with Linkachu, it really is like the pokemon bullet-bill; but not in a bad way at all.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

I guys sorry i havent posted in a while i just been busy with work and school and stuff but i have throw togeather another pokemon.

Sludj.jpg

SLUDJ!

Muk evo ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wow.... a lot of Pokemon Evolutions here, but I must say, they go very well into the line of the actual Pokemon itself. I really like Glutton, and Sludj looks like a chef that has a Voltorb stuck in him. Is it a voltorb, or just a plain old Pokeball?

it's a voltorb ;D

my 1st starter

waterstarter.jpg

im unsure of a name yet :-X lol

and much thanks to shiny eevee for all the feed back.

p.s. I [glow=green,2,300]DO[/glow] take requests people :D

I love these things. In all my time of being on Pokecharms (or being a rarely on member of Pokecharms as the case more recently may be) I have never seen such creativity and amazing spriting ever(On Pokemon sprites.). You're creatures are worth that of near gamehood.