• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Crazy Japanese Traders

some people are greedy bastards. it's part of life.

also, i tried offering a hacked (lvl 27) deoxys of mine, that i had gotten in a trade. it didn't work. gamefreak/nintendo is cracking down on hackers, but they have yet to fix the cloning glitch that lies within, from what i can tell.

so, basically? ask for a 9- deoxys if you don't want someone to trade you, or if you need to do a trade evo or something.

so, basically? ask for a 9- deoxys if you don't want someone to trade you, or if you need to do a trade evo or something.

what if you havent seen/owned one?

on another thought, there is some guy trading away tons of legit lv100 metagross and shiny machamps for stuff in the lv50s and up...oh wait, thats me...nevermind.

but really, these mostly japanese guys are asking for trades only a n00b would do, such as someone with a lv23 shedinja asking for a lv100 palkia. i mean, i understand someone with a stunky asking for a glameow, but seriously, who is stupid enough to trade away stuff like that unless its a shiny that they must really want

but as there are greedy people,there are generous ones, I offered a just caught lvl 24 ghastly for a piplup, and some girl gave me one holding a Master Ball,same with chimchar, there are people there who wants to take away the best pokemon that a noob can have,but others may want to enhace new trainers to make them be stronger,...or something like that

(Found someone trading a lvl 1 Pidgey for a lvl 45 Deoxys xD)

I think it's the Greater Fool Theory in action. It was real popular before the great Stock Market crash, and it generally stated that however much you paid for something, there's always someone else willing to pay even more for it (i.e., someone stupider than you). Unfortunately, it was when people started to doubt this theory that caused the crash in the first place and started the Great Depression.

My other guess is that these people are out of things to trade for, and so they're going for broke. Anything they actually need, they can probably negotiate in forums like this one, which you can't really do in the GTS.

By the way, if you find a level one male Piplup by the name of James Bond offered by a trainer named Minnie in hopes of getting a Mismagius (at least, until midnight PST), you may be pleasantly surprised to note that it knows Aqua Ring. ^_^ Enjoy.

I make a point of just ignoring the "LV 100 DEOXYS PLZ" crowd whenever possible. Ugh. :<

Really... I am surprised at what other people are willing to trade for. Pawning off my excess Natus and Shroomishes has got me things I would never expect to get. Starters, Feebas, she-Combee, Munchlax, etc.

Of course, I try to soften the blow of trading stuff for level 1 critters by never specifying the level or gender (unless necessary for evos) I want. Plus my breeding extras usually have egg moves, so I hope that's helpful to them.

I remember putting a Bidoof for trade to see I if I would get a Deoxys...
It didn't work. XD
But some of the names people give these guys are twisted... I got a Bagon named "Suwucide" once. >_>

Otherwise, I've asked for the following
Crandidos for Bonsly
Crandidos for Misdreaveus
Combee (Male) for Bagon

And I've traded for the following
Poliwhirl for Umbreon

Okay, I know, I mean, 2day, I searched for a heracross male lvl nine and under and some of them wanted Deoxys, Jarichi, mewtwo or mew lvl 100 for it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

One thing about Japanese trading.

I was really excited because I got a Japanese Bulbasaur. It was unique, having its original name.

Then it evolved.

Guess what? The name CHANGED from Bulbsaur's japanese name to Ivysaur's english name.

I was not happy.

I was really excited because I got a Japanese Bulbasaur. It was unique, having its original name.

Then it evolved.

Guess what? The name CHANGED from Bulbsaur's japanese name to Ivysaur's english name.

I was not happy.

Ouch.

On topic, my friend actually managed to trade off his level 1 Male Torchic (Althought it did know Baton Pass) for a shiny level 32 Skitty. (He wanted the Skitty to breed, but now it's part of his team)

Yeah sometimes im looking for somethin simple like a bidoof, magikarp or kriketot but they whant all sorts of legendary Lv. 100. that freaking make me mad >:(. Ohh and has anybody noticed that lots of people have recently been asking for MEWs Lv. 9 and under that really makeme angry.

Then it evolved.

I was not happy.

Maybe because you had the English game so if you get Fushigidane and it evolves then its named
in English.So if you get a hitokage it will evolve to the name Charmeleon

Japanese traders always want mews 9 & under for some reason. English traders not so much. I mean I traded my Vespiquen for a lv. 100 shiny latias from some person. I never look at the OTs location because then I might miss a good trade. Like the time I missed a Shiny Dialga for a lv 40 & up Mr. Mime, which I had.XD

They want lvl 9 and under Mews for the cloning trick.

Theres a way to make the GTS clone your pokemon. But the downside is that its useless if someone trades for your Pokemon.

Level 9 and under Mews DO NOT EXIST UNLESS HACKED, so the GTS won't let you trade one even if you had one.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

Then it evolved.

I was not happy.

Gah! The same thing happened to me when I brought my Buizel over from my Japanese Diamond to my English Pearl. Suddenly, it went from being called ブイゼル to being called FLOATZEL. Argh! I hate the all-capital names! Fortunately, in this case, my character on the other cartridge was the Original Trainer, so I was able to change the name back. (Now, she's simply called Flo - rather unoriginal, but I don't know enough Japanese to give her a proper name.)

Sorry that you couldn't do that with yours :(.