• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cooking

Image0320.jpg

...This was a triumph.

Image0321.jpg

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Image0322.jpg

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Image0323.jpg

Aperture Science.

Image0325.jpg

We do what me must because we can.

Image0326.jpg

For the good of all of us...

Except the ones who are DEAD.

*shot*

Okay, enough of the lyricspam. The Summer holidays gives me and my Mum loads of time to arrange stuff, so she decided to arrange a bake - off in her back garden. I decided to bake something myself, and what better than the infamous cake from Portal? I'm really happy with the results, and it got me wondering...

Have you guys ever baked, or cooked anything quite fancy for a party e.t.c.? Do you do it much? Has there been anything you've whipped up that received positive feedback, or generally came out well? Cooking for me has been quite a hobby, and I've been starting to do much more of it, especially if family are over and such, and I wondered if any other Charmsians were into it as well. Don't get me wrong - I don't think anyone here can't cook or anything, The thread is genrally more focused on cooking something a bit special - like a fancy dinner for several people, or a appealing dessert.

So yeah, fire away I guess.

Yeah I've been doing a lot this summer myself too :)

Mostly normal meals that we eat as a family, but a standout was the lamb shanks I think~

Well, I can't cook cakes or anything, but I can cook eggs (who can't?), grill steaks, and make a mean Vegetable soup or Chili :3 I've been trying to learn how to get a better tasting spaghetti though, as I just can't get that zesty, yet sweet and tomato-y taste. I can only get the spicy part ._.

I cook almost everyday because of my parents work hours. i made brownies for thanksgiving, my grandfather loved them. my grandma didn't get any. also i cooked an entire ham because my mom got home late from church.

I don't normally cook. In fact, I don't cook at all. I am infamous for my pancakes though, I sometimes cook them on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries for the family. Other than that, I should really start learning before I leave the nest.

Well, I guess I've only recently become as interested in cooking as I am; I've always helped around with the dinner or pudding or whatever, but now I've started making stuff without help. Because I'm a big girl now. c:

now I think about it, most of the stuff I make is for puddings o . o;

The first thing I ever made by myself was probably strawberry cheesecake. My mother helped around with some bits, but it was mainly me ~ I'd always helped with pancakes if my mum made them, but once she was busy so I made them by myself. Then I tried to get her to help me with the cooking bit because I knew I'd suck, but she insisted I done it, and it was actually pretty easy! So yeah, I make a mean pancake c:
I like making pastry! You've probably guessed seeing as I'm the pastry fairy, but yeah. Pastry's cool ♥
I've recently started making soup, too, which is fun! I made chicken soup last week and lentil soup yesterday. omnomnom ♥

SO NOW I'll go onto the cooler stuff that I have piccus of. aww yeeaaaah.

I made pavlova once! I'd never tried to make meringue before so my mum guided me whilst making dinner but it was super fun and I held the bowl over my head and I done lots of swirly bits on it ♥
Then when I cut it little bits snapped off so I put them in the cream and put strawberries in it and then ate it and it was scrumptious ♥
2mw5jfd.jpg

I like making bread. I made rolls with my dad.
ff78go.jpg

and lastly I am da bombbbb at making cupcakes. For like a week I made them non-stop. They were yummy and I had a cupcake birthday party and it was super cooool <33
This is what they looked like straight out of the oven:
2uj2vli.jpg
then with BUTTER ICING which is super nice, and fancymagical decorations (including little chicks) they looked like this!:
1z2ipoy.jpg
also I gave one of the chicks a jazzie hat c:
317a8b8.jpg
also, this is my favourite one:
34qpsg0.jpg

... yaaay picture spam 8D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to cook, some years ago I started helping my mom cooking, and now sometimes she lets me cook some meals and stuff. I haven't tried cakes but I will. I can cook pasta with the standard sauce or bologna, meat, eggs, pancakes, and box brownies XD.... and some more stuff.Cooking is so much fun:3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I occasionally make a mean shortbread biscuit, or thirty. Bitches love shortbread. I can also do cakes, but that's about it. My sweet tooth is insatiable. :p

Well, while I thrived in a cooking course not too long ago, my cooking reputation hasn't gone beyond fried breakfast and the odd batch of shortbread. The latter was delicious though '3'

I cook dinner sometimes. I can usually follow the directions in a cookbook and it turns out okay. So far the best is Waikiki (w/e) Meatballs. It's a much better alternative to one can of corn & tomato soup and a half pound of hamburger goulash. I've made chicken chowder before, but the chicken had no flavor cuz I didn't think about it. And I put some mango/orange/tangerine jelly on some porkchops and it tasted fine. And I love making me some hash.

As for deserts, I make brown sugar bars that I've been making with my mom since I was five. They're called "brownies from scratch" or some such because I couldn't get "brown sugar bars" out when I was that young XD. I also make cookies and cupcakes sometimes. And caramel popcorn too.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Despite being a girl, I can't cook anything. Minus rice and ramen and maybe baking some stuffs. |D

Okay, I can cook, as I found out a few days ago. But I usually don't, which could be a problem 2-3 years from now when I move out of the house.

The cake is a lie...D:

I can cook well enough. I can make pasta, bake bready products, make some things from scratch, and so on. However, advanced stuff (at least to me) such as souffles and pancakes are still beyond me. I can never pour the batter right so the pancake doesn't spread over the entire pan.