• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Chilled to the Bone (15+) [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

Name: Cyrin "Rin" Desol
Personality: Usually alone, but really enjoys the company of other people. Sneaky and cunning, loves her Pokemon more than anything. Doesn't have a family, and is typically hanging around Po Town, but leaves when she can. Smokes a lot out of habit and has a couple tattoos. Loves the rain and is often seen on the roof of the Skull Mansion, just thinking about her
Appearance: Has very long light blonde hair that has bright cerulean ombre tips. Has emerald green eyes. Around 5'7, has long muscular legs and pale skin. Has freckles on her cheeks and plump lips. Has a curvy body in "all the right places" and a tiny waist. Typically wears a low cut black tank top, white jean shorts, and black vans shoes. Wears a mystic water necklace.
Affiliations: Team Skull
Position: Higher up Grunt, not an Admin
Backstory: Was orphaned as a child, and never received any real love. Came to Team Skull when she was about 16, and they took her in as one of their own. Longs for a real relationship, but instead has hooked up with a few guys in hopes of finding that feeling she's been craving.
Pokemon: Mimikyu (Ami), Typhlosion (Cinder), Luxray (Kovu), Dragonair (Lyré)
Positive Traits: Loving, intelligent, brave, a terrifyingly excellent liar and determined when you get to know her
Negative Traits: Self-destructive, fragile, lone wolf, irritable
RP Example: Cyrin woke up with a sharp gasp, completely soaked in rain. She had fallen asleep outside again. She was laying on Lyré, who hadn't fallen asleep at all. She sat up, and looked around cautiously. She contemplated going back to her room to change out of her soaked clothes, but she decided she'd stay for a little longer. Lyré bent over Cyrin's body, trying to keep her from catching a cold. Though it wasn't very cold outside in Po Town, she knew she was easily susceptible to getting sick since she used to have a really weak immune system. "Lyré, i appreciate it but I'm soaked from head to toe." She smiled, gently stroking the long dragon before putting her back in her Pokeball. She opened the back door to the Mansion, and ran to her room before anyone could notice her. She closed the door, and let out a long sigh. She ripped off her soaked clothes, and changed into some dry ones, then stopped briefly to look at herself in the mirror. Her long, blonde and blue hair was completely soaked and her makeup had run down her face all the way down to her chin. She looked like a complete mess, but what was new?

Last edited:
@rubyrowlet looks good, aside from one thing: you mention Cyrin joined at age 13 and is currently 17, but i just want you to be aware that, as mentioned in the first post, Guzma's Team Skull has only been around for about a single year. unless you mean the old team skull, run by the previous Kahuna before Nanu, but bear in mind the old team skull and the present-day skull run by Guz are probably pretty different.

i personally headcanon the old skull wasn't so much a "gang of misfits", moreso a group of adults that directly opposed many of the traditions in Alola and the power of the Tapu's. i can see the old kahuna approving of the megamart being built on Bulu's land, but as we all know, Bulu ended up striking back.

sorry if i went into a bit of detail there, i just wanna make sure i straighten things out ^^

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Name: 'Crossbones'
Appearance: Medium height, large black hoodie with skull and crossbones on it, white skull mask, long black trousers and black gear, darkened hair.
Position: Admin (He leaves the team prior to SuMo USUM)
Backstory: Noone knows his true name. He just showed up randomly one day to help Team Skull against a police raid. The police forces were depleted thanks to him and the Skull Grunts invited him into the Team. Records suggest that he seems to have been from Malie City, but deeper investigation haven't provided any other information. He took up a home in Po Town after it was captured. Grunts tried to find out who he really was. They tried to take his mask off. This was unsuccessful, as Crossbones wiped out his pokemon every time. He proved to be a very skilled battler. He defeated all of these grunts and this caused attention to be drawn to his rank. He became an admin as he rose through the ranks. He is definitely a feared person.
Positive Traits: Powerful and strong Pokemon battler, smart, logical, thinks always about advancing his career
Negative Traits: Selfish, stubborn, brutal, little care for those around him, edgy
Pokemon: Alolan-Marowak, Alolan-Persian, Alolan-Raticate, Alolan-Muk, Lycanroc-Dusk
Sethr'ra took out his twin scythes as Morgan approached him. "Morgan!" He shouted. "We don't have to do this, you know!"

"You propose a peace deal, yet you continue to take your weapons out. How stupid!" Morgan shouted. The skeleton had his short staff in his hands and black ripped rags. He raised one of his boney hands. A green bolt hit Sethr'ra and Sethr'ra went flying back.

Sethr'ra struggled back up. He saw that one of the scythes was in the soft mud beyond him. Morgan picked it up. "This weapons is mine!" He roared. "You are no longer the Reaper! Give in!" Morgan fired several more balls of necromantic energy at Sethr'ra. Sethr'ra dodged them then jumped as high as he could into the air. He appeared behind Morgan and slashed him with his other scythe. Morgan parried the next few attacks with the other scythe that was in his clean hand. The two dueled for what seemed like hours. Eventually, Sethr'ra was able to summon skeletons from a nearby grave to distract Morgan. Morgan stumbled as he dropped the scythe. Sethr'ra looked as the weapon became stuck in the deep brown soil. But a hand touched the rim of the blade and it was not Morgan's. Sethr'ra looked up at the hooded fellow who had picked up the scythe.

"Who are you?" Sethr'ra asked. "Give that back!" Sethr'ra's twisted face gazed upon this dark soul.

"This blade...I recognise it." The voice that came from the hooded figure was dark and cold, like a whisper. The man looked down at the body of Morgan, who had fallen into the mud. "It is mine." He said, confidently.

@rubyrowlet looks good, aside from one thing: you mention Cyrin joined at age 13 and is currently 17, but i just want you to be aware that, as mentioned in the first post, Guzma's Team Skull has only been around for about a single year. unless you mean the old team skull, run by the previous Kahuna before Nanu, but bear in mind the old team skull and the present-day skull run by Guz are probably pretty different.

i personally headcanon the old skull wasn't so much a "gang of misfits", moreso a group of adults that directly opposed many of the traditions in Alola and the power of the Tapu's. i can see the old kahuna approving of the megamart being built on Bulu's land, but as we all know, Bulu ended up striking back.

sorry if i went into a bit of detail there, i just wanna make sure i straighten things out ^^

Not a problem! I can definitely change that part. Am I in?

Name: Dylan Sage
Appearance: Dylan has smooth, black hair and a slightly tan skin tone. His eyes are chocolate brown, and he stands at 5'9, weighing in at 142. His regular apparel consists of a basic tee of any solid color paired with either black jeans of khakis, with a pair of dark grey sneakers. A pair of black, rectangular glasses sits on his nose, and Dylan has a black backpack usually slung over one shoulder.
Affiliations: N/A
Position: N/A
Backstory: When Dylan was young (10 to be exact), he moved from his hometown in New Bark Town to the Alola region due to his father finding a job in the area. He received a Rockruff as a gift from his relatives who had lived in Alola, until it was stolen by a Team Skull Grunt because the boy lacked the battling skills to resist. Since then, Dylan vowed to put an end to Team Skull's schemes and trained to no end, honing his battling skills with his new team that he raised, starting with a Cyndaquil sent to him by Professor Elm in condolences.
Positive Traits: Dylan is quite determined, and it becomes quite difficult to sway his mind once it has been made up.
Negative Traits: Because of his experience with Team Skull, Dylan tends to go overboard with anger, leaving him vulnerable to lack of reasoning.
Pokemon: Ignis [Typhlosion (M)]; Casimiro [Ampharos (M)]; an Egg carrying a Rufflet
Other: N/A
Dylan Sage,
It is my great pleasure to announce that you have been one of few to be accepted to the prestigious Luvendale Academy, a university dedicated to teaching only the world's
best Pokemon Coordinators. Upon entering the campus, please make your way towards the main building, where you will receive your schedule, list of clubs you may be interested in joining, and more. All of the necessary documents will be handed to you upon entry in a manila envelope. Have fun, and once again, welcome to Luvendale!

Best wishes,
Headmaster Devan Sanders

Dylan grinned as he folded up the letter and placed it into his back pack before slinging it over his shoulder. He looked up and saw the large auditorium with LUVENDALE ACADEMY printed in bold letters on the front. Dylan opened one of the large double doors and stepped inside, finding an empty seat near the middle of the auditorium and sitting down. He ran a hand through his hair, smoothing the sleek black strands that had gone elsewhere. Dylan checked his watch and saw that the time was 9:47, which meant that the orientation would be starting in approximately 13 minutes. He grinned once more and leaned back in his cushioned seat, thinking, Yeah. It's gonna be a good year.

Approximately 14 hours before...

"Congratulations, my son," Dylan's mom gushed over the phone. "We're both so proud of you!"
"Thanks, mom," Dylan replied, smiling as he sat against the wall on his dorm room bed and looked out the window, marveling over the city lights and evening sky. "How's your street magic going along?"
"Oh, it's going just fine. Your father and I actually performed for the Opelucid City mayor himself."
"Drayden?" Dylan whistled in surprise. "That's great."
"It really is. Now, enough asking about us, you have a big day tomorrow! Organize your things, dress up nicely, which I know you always do, and get some rest! I love you!"
"Love you too, Mom. Tell Dad I said hi." "
Will do! Bye."
"Bye."
Click.

Please let me know if there's anything I can fix; I'd very much like to join this RP!

I have an idea for an original character I could rp as! A former ice-type trial captain/kahuna who served as the chief of Alolan police alongside Nanu. He could have left Alola before the events of SuMo/USUM. The original police headquarters could be on Mount Lanakila and Tapu Village, and then they would be destroyed prior to the games as Team Skull attacked them/the Tapu destroyed them! The reason why Nanu is still around could be because he made a deal with Team Skull hence why his police hut is outside Po Town and why he doesn't do anything to stop them except letting the player character through in the events of the Pokemon games! I will post a form soon detailing all of this.

Okay, so my conspiracy theory just blew up. I think I have theoretically created what actually happened.

Name: Police Chief Justice
Appearance: Fairly old, but not too warn down for a man of his age, plump, wears a large blue suit and coat, with a blue hat and a black beater around a metal belt.
Affiliations: The Police/what remains of the police by this time.
Position: Police Chief-He is the leader of all millitant police in Alola. His superior is Nanu, who gives him orders from behind the scenes. With the help of other high ranking officers and Looker's original advice, Justice reluctantly follows him.
Backstory: Justice was originally born to a family on the foot of Mount Lanakila. His father was an ice type Kahuna of Ula'ula, who stepped down, giving the role to the unknown one who would set up the original Team Skull organisation, but he was completely unaware that this man would go on to set up the organisation. His father gave him an icium Z crystal and trained him in the mountains. Justice became part of the local guard after his father died, which then became a small local police force. He also became an ice-type trial captain. As part of the trial, trial goers had to go through a series of battles through the caverns of Mount Lanakila. He became the leader after doing many heroic acts to save the people of Alola and was well known enough in the areas. He became aquainted with Looker at a party in Sinnoh that he was invited to with all the other police chiefs. When Looker came to Alola, he helped set up an OFFICIAL police force. At the head of the police force were two very skilled men: Nanu and Justice. Nanu was more of a personal friend to Looker. Looker worked here for many years and Nanu was in control of the police. Justice had the loyality of the actual policemen and women on his side. Though he served Nanu, he became increasingly suspicious of him. For many years, Justice commanded the police force at several bases across Alola. Things went spiralling downhill when Looker left. The two major ones in Tapu Village and Mount Lanakila were successfully attacked by Team Skull grunts, as they took over the island. The Kahuna who set up Team Skull actually commanded Tapu Bulu to destroy Tapu Village, hence the reason why it is so destroyed (although he also had a falling out with Tapu Bulu hence the reason it would destroy the village with Team Skull grunts in it). Justice escaped this. He helped drive Team Skull into Po Town. But this was all apart of the great plan set out by the Aether Foundation, whom he supported and did not know of the President's intentions. When the Aether Foundation put the great wall around Po Town, Justice was pleased and Skull came to a truce. Under Guzma and the reformed group, they started attacking again. But there was an internal enemy within the police. Suddenly groups of police started to be disbanded. Justice was blamed, but he continued to fight for, well, justice. After this RP, Justice's story will involve a falling out with Nanu and then Nanu taking control. Nanu's true intentions were to help Team Skull in his master plot, hence the reason why he's all alone watching them in that police station in the games. In finding out the plot, Justice rallied against Nanu, but none of the police officers would listen. Nanu had a grip over them and told them basically to leave Team Skull alone and flee to other islands. Justice still called for the police force of Alola to rise up, but noone heard his rebelion, as Nanu and Team Skull tampered with the TV footage Justice had made addressing the public. Knowing that noone would ever know of Nanu's corruption and other conspiracies, Justice left Alola, as he was cornered into one position. He left his icium Z crystal in the caverns of Mount Lanakila and resigned his role as trial captain. Nanu became a corrupt and sad soul as a result of it.
Positive Traits: Logical thinker, strong, strong leader. He would have been a stronger leader than Nanu, if he had been successful.
Negative Traits: Ironically, he is not that cool in a crisis. He can be a bit too controlling at times and forceful. He is actually very unwilling to do an agreement with Team Skull, so he often has the Stigma that all Team Skull members are bad, even if they are not doing anything bad.
Pokemon: Crabominable, Alolan-Sandslash, Alolan-Ninetales, Weavile, Glalie, Froslass (A bunch of other ice type pokemon)

@Glûk the Bard i appreciate the level of detail youve thought about this, but I guess I should clarify the actual backstory and what happens, based completely on IN GAME dialogue.

-Team Skull was originally formed by the unnamed Kahuna, prior to Nanu.
-The Original Skull was formed in retaliation of Alolan Traditions. The Kahuna abused his spot of power after being chosen by Bulu as the Kahuna. Tapu Bulu was not aware this would happen, and by the time the Kahuna had already begun forming Skull, it was too late.
-Eventually, Tapu Bulu retaliated, destroying and disbanding the Original Skull, The Thrifty Megamart (Which is now Acerola's Trial Site), and the Tapu Village as well. Despite the Tapu Village's initial good intentions, Tapu Bulu overlooked them in it's rage and destroyed most of the area.
-After the older Kahuna's death, Nanu was unwillingly appointed as the new Kahuna of Ula'Ula island.
-Guzma ran away from his home on Route 2 after failing to complete his Trials and become a Trial Captain.
-Though he was too young at the time to be a part of the Original Skull, he simply took inspiration and rejuvenated the team in his own name. He made himself leader and appointed Plumeria as an admin.
-Guzma's Skull has been operating for about a year now, and It is approx. 5 or so months until the story of SM/USUM Takes place. In two months, Lillie will flee Aether with Nebby, and then three months after that, the MC comes to Alola and begins the actual storyline.
-Nanu knows Looker from his older days as an Interpol Agent. Although I imagine Looker has not been to Alola in quite a while, Nanu has kept up with the man and knows of Anabel and Emma through Looker.
-Let me be clear when I say: Nanu does NOT have any darker intentions. His story is complicated, but he, in no way, is a bad person or has darker intentions. He likely has PTSD from his time as an Interpol, as well as a good chance of depression. He's just an old man stuck with the title of Kahuna.
-Nanu overlooks Po Town because he's fully aware of what Team Skull is capable of. He makes no move to "stop" them, since he knows 99% of the current Team Skull is just a bunch of kids with nowhere to go. Compared to other organizations such as Team Rocket, Team Skull is not a threat. However, he is more or less not aware of their cooperation with Lusamine and other Aether Paradise members.
-Likewise, not ALL of Team Skull is aware of the fact they're working with Aether. Only Guzma, Admins, and certain higher-up grunts are aware.
-Speaking of Team Rocket, the anime has also recently confirmed that Nanu and Giovanni know each other. Take that with a grain of salt.
-Once again, Team Skull is not a huge, mafia-like organization. It's run by a 23-Year Old man who likes bugs. 99% Of Skull is just misunderstood kids who view themselves as failures, there's no actual criminals. While it's entirely possible for characters in the RP to deal with themes of abuse, drugs, etc, it's completely unrealistic for Team Skull members to start suddenly whipping out guns and having a police standoff.

With that said, I hope EVERYONE takes the time to read some of the points here I've made. I want everyone to keep in mind only about 20% of this is headcanons, a HUGE chunk of this is all based on text from the actual games, both SM and USUM. While I enjoy the flexibility of an open RP, just please try not to go overboard and OOC, okay? If you have any other questions, PLEASE feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to clear things up.

@Glûk the Bard i appreciate the level of detail youve thought about this, but I guess I should clarify the actual backstory and what happens, based completely on IN GAME dialogue.

-Team Skull was originally formed by the unnamed Kahuna, prior to Nanu.
-The Original Skull was formed in retaliation of Alolan Traditions. The Kahuna abused his spot of power after being chosen by Bulu as the Kahuna. Tapu Bulu was not aware this would happen, and by the time the Kahuna had already begun forming Skull, it was too late.
-Eventually, Tapu Bulu retaliated, destroying and disbanding the Original Skull, The Thrifty Megamart (Which is now Acerola's Trial Site), and the Tapu Village as well. Despite the Tapu Village's initial good intentions, Tapu Bulu overlooked them in it's rage and destroyed most of the area.
-After the older Kahuna's death, Nanu was unwillingly appointed as the new Kahuna of Ula'Ula island.
-Guzma ran away from his home on Route 2 after failing to complete his Trials and become a Trial Captain.
-Though he was too young at the time to be a part of the Original Skull, he simply took inspiration and rejuvenated the team in his own name. He made himself leader and appointed Plumeria as an admin.
-Guzma's Skull has been operating for about a year now, and It is approx. 5 or so months until the story of SM/USUM Takes place. In two months, Lillie will flee Aether with Nebby, and then three months after that, the MC comes to Alola and begins the actual storyline.
-Nanu knows Looker from his older days as an Interpol Agent. Although I imagine Looker has not been to Alola in quite a while, Nanu has kept up with the man and knows of Anabel and Emma through Looker.
-Let me be clear when I say: Nanu does NOT have any darker intentions. His story is complicated, but he, in no way, is a bad person or has darker intentions. He likely has PTSD from his time as an Interpol, as well as a good chance of depression. He's just an old man stuck with the title of Kahuna.
-Nanu overlooks Po Town because he's fully aware of what Team Skull is capable of. He makes no move to "stop" them, since he knows 99% of the current Team Skull is just a bunch of kids with nowhere to go. Compared to other organizations such as Team Rocket, Team Skull is not a threat. However, he is more or less not aware of their cooperation with Lusamine and other Aether Paradise members.
-Likewise, not ALL of Team Skull is aware of the fact they're working with Aether. Only Guzma, Admins, and certain higher-up grunts are aware.
-Speaking of Team Rocket, the anime has also recently confirmed that Nanu and Giovanni know each other. Take that with a grain of salt.
-Once again, Team Skull is not a huge, mafia-like organization. It's run by a 23-Year Old man who likes bugs. 99% Of Skull is just misunderstood kids who view themselves as failures, there's no actual criminals. While it's entirely possible for characters in the RP to deal with themes of abuse, drugs, etc, it's completely unrealistic for Team Skull members to start suddenly whipping out guns and having a police standoff.

With that said, I hope EVERYONE takes the time to read some of the points here I've made. I want everyone to keep in mind only about 20% of this is headcanons, a HUGE chunk of this is all based on text from the actual games, both SM and USUM. While I enjoy the flexibility of an open RP, just please try not to go overboard and OOC, okay? If you have any other questions, PLEASE feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to clear things up.
Okay, let me break down...This is flawed, if you hadn't put the lore in the original post. Here's why:

-Is this SuMo or USUM? Some characters, suh as Gladion, drastically change some of their intentions later on but this is fueled by changes that occur at the start of the narrative, which is also fueled by changes before the games
-The Kahuna is UNNAMED. And we have no details about who came before. My character I had created had a father who was the kahuna before this kahuna. But there is also strong evidence in the games to suggest the Kahuna was Nanu or was someone relating to Guzma.
-I said nothing about anyone knowing about the Aether Foundation plot
-There isn't even a specific time period
-Nanu and Looker know each other. Nanu is the chief of the police. He has to do something about Team Skull. And they're not just a bunch of kids with weak pokemon. They are the reason why Ula'ula fell into chaos and they become pawns of the Aether Foundations' plot in the games.
-Why is it that there are police stations around Alola with no apparent leader to give them orders-Nanu is just chilling in his little station OUTSIDE of the Po Town? It's in Nanu's character to be cool and not give a damm about anything. In the games, he leads you to the Team Skull lair knowing you will be successful. Then he doesn't seem to be suprised when Guzzlord appears and the whole save the world initiative doesn't bother him. He doesn't care. That's not realistic for you!
-Nanu is a psychologically broken man. We see this with his obssessions for things, such as the alolan meowth horde in his own workplace. There are no policemen in there!
-There needs to be some kind of explanation for the break down in relations on this island at least
-The icium Z was left by a former ice trial captain on Mount Lanakila. This is one of the only Z crystals in the games you get from NOONE. That's really saying something, if it's a forgotten typing in the game, or maybe it is, what's more, a hidden message? The Kahunas that left their z crystals are done with alola and had something to do with Alola's past.
-There is so much to uncover I believe, from the games. We are not told enough. Nanu's theme is extremely mysterious and suspicous. He is a dark type Kahuna, so it's obvious he would have darker intentions. We have never had a dark (in Japanese-the evil type) gym leader before. That's saying something in itself! And the fact that, in the past, evil team organisations have used dark types amongst their ranks...really I would have to disagree with you if you thought Nanu WASN'T the secret TRUE leader of Team Skull. I'm sorry. That's how I feel and it will never change.
-The stuff told to us in both the anime and the games are very vague still-it's open to interpretations and noone's opinion on the matter is correct.
-The anime lore and the ingame lore have been drastically different in many many cases. Do not judge the game's lore by what they tell you in the anime. The anime goes on a tangent!
-I never said anywhere that Team Skull WAS a mafia organisation. I never said anything about guns or drugs. When I put that battle idea in my character's form, it is a battle as in the Skull grunts were using Pokemon to attack. This is the world of Pokemon! There is no need, whatever the RP may be, to have real life weapons, when you can just use an Aegislash as a sword instead. And as for if they did use guns, I still don't see what you mean. In real life in what is known as the United States of America (have you heard of it?) random gun crime is a thing, where people kill each other on the streets for no reason at all.
-The Aether Foundation wall around Po Town is most likely a containment policy to keep Team Skull in.

There's my rant. I hope you like it. I had to get things off my chest. I am like that. If I don't say anything, it just builds up and gets worse. What I am saying is that there is very little to go off of and we can actually bend what we've been told in several ways since some of it contradicts.

wow listen just

youre thinking way too deep into this man

it's not that hard to go off of in game dialogue, really. like i just wanted this to be a casual RP honestly, lmao.

1. Considering this is PRE-STORYLINE, it doesn't MATTER if it's SM or USUM. We aren't gonna roleplay the storyline, this takes place BEFORE what happens in the games.
2. "strong evidence in the games to suggest the Kahuna was Nanu or was someone relating to Guzma" What evidence?? Nanu is ex-interpol and Guzma is just some kid from Route 2. There's no evidence whatsoever mentioning that the Kahuna before Nanu was related to Nanu or Guzma.
3. "And they're not just a bunch of kids with weak pokemon. They are the reason why Ula'ula fell into chaos and they become pawns of the Aether Foundations' plot in the games." Ula'Ula isn't in chaos. While Lusamine does take advantage of Guzma and uses Team Skull as fodder to distract everyone from her actual plans, Team Skull IS just a bunch of weak kids. That was the entire POINT of Guzma forming Skull again. Take in failures like himself, and rebel. Did you not see the quote from Bulbapedia on the very first post? They're not a threat. They really are just a bunch of punks.
4. Like. Sorry but if you think Nanu is "evil" then I'm afraid you're wrong about that. If Nanu was secretly leading Team Skull or whatever like you say, I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of mention of it or whatever in the games. But there wasn't. He's just an old guy that likes cats because he's depressed and lonely. Take it from someone with actual depression.
5. The wall was there BEFORE TEAM SKULL TOOK PO TOWN. It has ALWAYS BEEN THERE. The Original Po Town was likely a "gated community" sort of deal, hence why there's a giant wall. It likely housed the royal Alolan family (See: Guzma's Bedroom/The Throne Room), which only now Acerola, who's an orphan, remains of the lineage. With her father dead, it was likely that Po Town already was falling into ruins by the time Team Skull came around. The wall isn't there to keep Team Skull in, it's to keep intruders out, and Guzma clearly saw that as a perfect place to house his little gang.
6. Don't treat me like a dumbass. I don't appreciate the sarcasm. I don't care if you're "just like that", I'm trying to clear things up because I actually played the games and understand the lore provided. Honestly, if you don't like the way I'm operating, feel free to just drop out.

I WILL open up my own games and I WILL take screenshots of NPC dialogue to further back up my own claims. I'm literally going by what's established already.

Wow.... Just wow....

Wasn't expecting to see this...

But I will have to go with Vaultie on this one. What it seemed like from your point of view seems to be based on theories that can't be proven right or wrong, unless the games state this either explicitly or implicitly. Plus, it's been said at the beginning of vaultie's post that this is Pre-SM/USUM. Literally gave a time for you to go off of and you either didn't read it or forgot when explaining such a backstory to an RP you ARE JOINING and NOT MAKING. While it is great to build plot with the creator of the RP, there are just some liberties you can't take because the RP creator had made up the plot themselves and want to keep it at a certain setting. Hell, she even said it was before the games, so this RP will take events before the games and will take events from the games (whether implicitly or explicitly stated from the games about the past), and the anime is hardly anything to go off of since they are so different and commonly has mistakes or have different mechanics (like Light Screen being used in different ways than in the games, etc.)

The most informational site on Pokemon is Bulbapedia, and they have stingent rules to keep everything correct. Since this lore is taken straight from the games and a little bit of Bulbapedia to keep everything consistent, then the RP creator kind of expects it of everyone to follow the same deal or just follow along or study up. I would. If you really want to make changes and the RP creator doesn't want to accept your changes, make an RP with your headcanon. Not the end of the world. XD also, if you want to make a point, uncalled for sarcasm doesn't help your case and just makes you seem more like an asshole. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the Internet, so this just seemed like you were being blatantly rude for no reason. Pretty sure many countries have rampant gun crime, including where Vaultie lives (with an exception of Switzerland), so your sarcasm was not needed at all.

Also, you explicitly said that Tapu Bulu was COMMANDED to attack. Um... The Tapus are supposed to be practically telling the Kahunas what to do or at least have the Kahunas try to appease them, the Kahunas have no hand in commanding them to do anything. The Kahunas don't own the Tapus.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, no one commands the Tapu. The Tapu are very particularly and notably doing their own thing. The Kahunas serve as liaisons between the Tapu and the people of the island, negotiate on their behalf if you will, and do have some form of a bond with the Tapus - but they sure as frick can't command them.

And in all honesty, any and all involvement of Legendary Pokemon - in backstory or otherwise - requires staff approval that you did not bother to request and so I'm afraid I'm going to have to veto the entire thing.

Incidentally, as this is Vaultie's RP, she has final say on how the plot of this particular storyline goes (within the boundaries of the Pokecharms RP forum rules, of course!), and if she tells you that your personal headcanon does not mesh up with her RP... well, yeah. You're going to have to accept that and drop it - or take it to a different RP that does mesh up with it (provided of course that it also follows the RP forum rules).

Last edited:
Yeah, no one commands the Tapu. The Tapu are very particularly and notably doing their own thing. The Kahunas serve as liaisons between the Tapu and the people of the island, negotiate on their behalf if you will, and do have some form of a bond with the Tapus - but they sure as frick can't command them.

And in all honesty, any and all involvement of Legendary Pokemon - in backstory or otherwise - requires staff approval that you did not bother to request and so I'm afraid I'm going to have to veto the entire thing.

thank you! I was trying to get across that although the Kahunas have jurisdiction over the police force/mayors/etc, it's only because they're the most in touch with the Tapus and need to have the final say in what should be done in order to avoid another Tapu Village/Thrifty Megamart situation. Kahunas listen to the Tapus, not the other way around.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think the misconception might stem from the cutscene in which Hala encounters Buzzwole/Pheromosa and Tapu Koko shows up to battle it. Could be easily misread as Hala commanding Tapu Koko in battle as a trainer would, but I feel it's more supposed to be read as Hala battling alongside the Tapu - at most providing advice and some direction, but not actual commands (as though ancient capricious fae-beings with the power to level entire villages would actually take orders from a human, anyway!) There's mutual respect and I'd imagine the Tapu might take their chosen Kahuna's suggestions into consideration, but it's definitely not a trainer-pokemon relationship. *nods*

@rubyrowlet i hate to call you out like this, but could you please pay a bit more attention to the setting and where each character is? ^^

Gladion + Dahlia are in Paniola, and I saw your edit that you're now in Paniola as well. That's fine, but Dylan isn't in Paniola. He's speaking to the two NPC grunts currently with Kale, who are all right outside of Po Town.

i don't mean to be rude, I just don't want other roleplayers getting confused as to where everything is taking place.

Name: Akiaria "Akia" Kamra
Appearance: She has long, curly blue hair with mocha skin and a Skull admin outfit but it is blue with teardrop markings. She also has teal eyes with a tidal wave tattoo on her arm. She has a shark tooth necklace aswell.
Position: Admin
Backstory: Once a young girl, she loved Pokemon. Especially water-types. After a while, she stole a person's Vaporeon. This feeling felt good. She started stealing more, more and more. She then joined Team Skull, promoted to Admin alongside Plumeria and other Admin pals.
Positive Traits: Water-type Specialist, Swimmer, Mastermind
Negative Traits: None, besides being Team Skull of course.
Pokemon:
Bruxish, lvl. 29
Floatzel, lvl. 30
Sharpedo, lvl. 32
Other: N/A
RP Example:
She'd look at the picture of the water-type Pokemon, Kyogre. "That would be cool to steal.." She chuckled as she walked away with her Floatzel. She would feel the rain. "The rain feels like heaven to me." She'd walk off into the distance.

a couple things here:

1. could you elaborate on what a "Mastermind" is, exactly? What traits would that entail?
2. you've got to have some negative personality traits, and being in Team Skull doesn't exactly count, given that this RP revolves around them.
3. do you think you could write a bit more for an RP example, like a paragraph or so? posts consisting of 1 or 2 lines of RP text aren't encouraged on charms.

Status
Not open for further replies.