• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Character | Creation (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

...it seems that doesn't work for me either. Think you might be able to copy-paste a paragraph or two into a spoiler here on Charms? That'd be the easiest way to handle it.

Have you tried opening them into a seperate tab? They are links so...lol.
Here's the examples in text form.
Mina paused for a moment. "It's a gift from an old friend of mine, who got me outta my rut, I guess you could call it. I was barely thirteen when I got 'em from him. I've developed one heck of a sensitivity t' light, so these help with it..." she smiled a bit, the memory she had was entertained for a brief moment.

Mina slowly pressed a key on the piano, and it reverberated through the room. She put her hand to one of her ears, and when the sound stopped, she sighed. "Piano works..."

Mina shrugged, and strolled out of the room. "Let's pick...this one," she opened the door to what appeared to be a master bedroom. There was a bed, queen sized perhaps, with its blankets strewn about the room, and the dressers were in shambles, with clothes dumped on the floor everywhere. "Whatta wreck..."

Most of these were made with a text limit, by the way. :(:'|

Cool! Should I wait until it says I'm an approved roleplayer on the thread itself, or am I alright to just go on ahead? I know this is probably a really dumb question. :(:'|

I just saw the list at the top and thought I should wait, terribly sorry if that's not what you meant. I'll get to work on the paragraphs / reply right away, then!

Oh hey you finally responded! xD
But this kinda puts me in an awkward position. I was going to bring in plot, but Marvin's in the Blank so it wouldn't affect him. I want everyone together for when it happens.

Shoot, alright. Once I'm free to respond again (which will probably be in a little while, since I only have a recoloring to work on), I'll take Marvin out so he can be used.

Oh, and Jackie goes have a tail, BTW. She's basically a pastel calico cat gijinka. :p

Good.
Nah, it's fine. If you can finish up Marvin's stuff in the Blank in one post, though, that'd be awesome!
Oh BTW I think I've placed Jackie and CN in a bit of an awkward situation...

Yep.
If you need to, it's fine if your next post is just Applejack's side of the story. It'll allow me to give CN some more character development (having him react to a situation he wasn't prepared to be in).

Ahh, I guess I'll wait too for everyone to get out of the Blank so the plot stuff can happen then! (Sorry that I've been dead, that's honestly what I was waiting for!)
:'|

Well, I feel like I should have signed up on this roleplay earlier, since I just found out about it! Sensing the latest posts, I think that it'll be best for me to also get moving like a lil' shark that's after some prey. Yes, I know... these characters are very, very young! I also have attempted to add in my own, typical explanation for the stats; be aware that for some of them, there may be multiple interpretations, so I made the explanation of what best fits. There are also extra information points for specific situations, so be sure to read some to get an idea of what I feel like these stats represent! (Free cookies for the people that knows where I took inspiration from for my characters!)

Name: Her name is Luia Rodro.
Appearance: Standing at a typical height of 5'3", Luia has a skinny build and fair skin tone. She has brown eyes, short, black hair and some small patches of freckles on her nose. She wears a blue, short sleeved camp shirt, tan, long sleeved trousers and black, lace-on boots. She carries around some pencils and a notepad in her pocket in case if she wants to layout her imagination.
Personality: Luia is often reserved when it comes to social encounters, as she tends to favor being isolated when it comes to her works. She may seem like a mouse at first, but she can be more than just a friend if given some time and space.
Skill: She is both a writer and artist, but she is slightly more proficient in the field of writing.
Characters: Nolan Loiv and Oliver Loiv.
Extra: PICKLEFISHLIPS!

Name: His name is Nolan Loiv.
Class: Fighter
Sub-Class: Mechanical
Appearance: Being at a short height of only 2'4", Nolan has brown, beady eyes, pale skin tone and frizzy black hair. He has a big nose, modest ears and pale black eyebrows over his eyes. He wears a sky blue plumber's hat that has the first letter of his name on the front side that is also encircled by a small, white, circular area to make it stand out. He wears a one piece, dark blue overalls with two frontal pale yellow buttons, which are worn over his long sleeved, uncollared sky blue shirt. He has on pale blue sneakers which have straps for fastening them since he does not know how to tie his shoes yet. He carries around a brown, leathery satchel that contains basic items such as pocket change, medicinal items and his hammer that he often uses in battle and dealing with certain obstacles.
Personality: Nolan tends to be rather stubborn when it comes to dealing with authorities, since he always likes to have things his way. He can be rather impatient when attempting to communicate with other people, since he cannot really talk yet. He is often known for taking risks, since his slight bravery can often times lead him to trouble when it comes to dealing with situations. He can be a crybaby when it comes to dealing with emotions, since he has a hard time coping with them. He can also be silly at times, since he likes to put his hand into his mouth when no one is looking.
Powers: He has a lot more strength for someone his age and he is also able to manipulate machinery to fight amongst him.
Skills:
  • Shaker Edge (Nolan spins around and hits the enemy with brute force. Deals Physical-Based damage; may also inflict Confusion or even Dizziness if timed correctly.)
  • Giga's Rush (Deals Physical-Based damage on random targets, hits 20 times and may also inflict Fragility if timed correctly.)
  • Mechonis Abvoca (Nolan takes in a deep concentration to summon his Mecha-Bot friend. Summons an ally that can attack with its mysterious energy that is contained within its metallic blade. Properties change depending on what envionment this skill is used in.)
  • Total War-Cry (Nolan encourages the party with his leadership and power. Increases allies' ATK, SPD, SKL, and MAG by 50% for three turns.)
Special: Relentless Upheval (Nolan smacks his mallet on the ground with a supersonic force, as the ground erupts into pillars of steaming water! A two-turn attack that deals moderate Earth-based damage to all enemies on the first turn and then deals massive Water-based damage to all enemies on the second.)
Stats: (See below for more information.)
ATK (Attack): ★★★★ 5 (Attack measures strong a character is. The higher the number, the more damage the character will deal with physical-based attacks.)
DEF (Defense): ★ 1 (Defense measures how much damage a character can cushion off. The higher the number, the less damage the character will receive from incoming attacks.)
SPD (Speed): ★★★★★ 5 (Speed measures how fast a character is. The higher the number, the sooner the character can react in a given turn. It also enables the character to flee from battles with ease with having higher speed.)
SKL (Skill): ★★★★★ 5 (Skill measures how a character's dexterity is. The higher the number, the more room the character has for messing up when executing attacks. It also enables the character to solve puzzles with less effort with having higher skill.)
MAG (Magic): ★★ 2 (Magic measures how strong a character's concentration is. The higher the number, the more damage the character will deal with magical-based attacks.)
TEC (Technology): ★★★★★ 5 (Technology measures how vast a character's ingenuity is. The higher the number, the more effectiveness of items will become. It also enables the character to work with more complex machinery with having higher technology.)
INTL (Intelligence): ★★ 2 (Intelligence measures how smart a character is. The higher the number, the more window the character has for making critical decisions. It also makes the character less likely to choose a faulty decision with higher intelligence.)
Extra: He was created at the same time that Oliver was created.

Name: His name is Oliver Loiv.
Age: Like his twin brother, he is also only 12 Months old.
Class: Mage
Sub-Class: Spiritual
Appearance: Standing at a short height of 2'4", Oliver has red, beady eyes, fair skin tone and frizzy blond hair. He has a big nose, modest ears and moderate black eyebrows over his eyes. He wears a violet plumber's hat that has the first letter of his name on the front side that is also encircled by a small, white, circular area to make it stand out. He wears a one piece, light blue overalls with two frontal dark yellow buttons, which are worn over his long sleeved, uncollared violet shirt. He has on darkly violet sneakers which are simply slipped on since he does not even know how to use straps like his brother does. He carries around a tan, leathery shoulder bag that contains basic items such as pocket change, medicinal items and his magician's wand that he often uses in battle and dealing with unreachable objects.
Personality: Oliver is meek and has a timorous outlook when it comes to having to deal with others. He is rather speechless when it comes to communication, since he fears being harassed if he slips up with his silly voice. He often attempts to avoid any potential problem that he can, since he despises having to go over to the authorities; especially if he is in any sort of trouble. He can be very silly when no one is around, as he likes to sometimes put his hat into his mouth that helps comfort him.
Powers: He is able to unleash various spells and also summon spiritual beings to help him out in battle. He can also somewhat manipulate some objects around him with some effort involved.
Skills:
  • Magician's Duocasting (Oliver executes two spells that can range from simply dealing elemental damage to healing off HP and status conditions.)
  • Mightily Fortification (Oliver quickly deploys a magical barrier around his allies to protect against incoming attacks. Increases DEF by 75% and grants slight resistance against status conditions for three turns. Also bestows the effects of Perseverance, which allows the character to survive all incoming attacks on that turn with 1 HP left; should the attack(s) normally KO them in typical circumstances.)
  • Phantoms' Herring (Oliver summons some spiritual ghosts that help stall the enemies' attention away. Summons three allies that will divert all attacks towards them. Lasts for three turns or until too much damage is taken from the summoned allies.)
  • Forsakened Aerovapor (Oliver assaults the targets with a huge field of mysterious, malevolent energy. Reduces SPD and MAG by 75% for two turns and may inflict Petrify.)
Special: Corrupt Miasma (Oliver readies his dark anger that he had bottled in, as he quickly forms a field of malicious, puzzling, purple energy balls around all his targets that explode on contact. A two-turn attack where the user charges its attack first, then unleashes its attack on the second turn. Deals slight Dark-based damage and may inflict one or more of the following: Blind, Mute, Torment, Slow, Poison, Petrify. All status conditions inflicted from this special attack will last for five turns.)
Stats: (See below for more information.)
ATK (Attack): ★★ 2 (Attack measures strong a character is. The higher the number, the more damage the character will deal with physical-based attacks.)
DEF (Defense): ★ 4 (Defense measures how much damage a character can cushion off. The higher the number, the less damage the character will receive from incoming attacks.)
SPD (Speed): ★★★★★ 5 (Speed measures how fast a character is. The higher the number, the sooner the character can react in a given turn. It also enables the character to flee from battles with ease with having higher speed.)
SKL (Skill): ★★★ 3 (Skill measures how a character's dexterity is. The higher the number, the more room the character has for messing up when executing attacks. It also enables the character to solve puzzles with less effort with having higher skill.)
MAG (Magic): ★★ 5 (Magic measures how strong a character's concentration is. The higher the number, the more damage the character will deal with magical-based attacks.)
TEC (Technology): ★ 1 (Technology measures how vast a character's ingenuity is. The higher the number, the more effectiveness of items will become. It also enables the character to work with more complex machinery with having higher technology.)
INTL (Intelligence): ★★ 5 (Intelligence measures how smart a character is. The higher the number, the more window the character has for making critical decisions. It also makes the character less likely to choose a faulty decision with higher intelligence.)
Extra: He does not seem to like the real world since he feels very awkward with his small size.

Name: Kari Nolan

Appearance: Short blonde hair, peach skin, and hazel eyes. Often wears a pink T-shirt under a light blue jacket, jeans, and royal blue tennis shoes.

Skill: Both writer and artist

Characters: Sierra

Extra: Picklefishlips
Name: Sierra

Class:Animalistic

Appearance: She is the size of an average adult cat and has the appearance of such. She has black fur and yellow-green eyes. Her bangs cover her left eye and are streaked with purple, blue, and green

Powers:Can communicate with animals

Skills: Rapid Swipes (Sierra rapidly and repeatedly swipes at her target)

Special: (Takes a lot of energy, max of one per character) Storm Fury (Summons a storm cloud that Sierra can control and manipulate freely, can send out an electric blast or downpour of rain, whichever Sierra wishes

Stats (overall max of 25, max of 5 per stat):12 ATK(attack):3, DEF(defense): 2, SPD(speed):3 , SKL(skill): 2 , MAG(magic): 2 , TEC(technology): 0 , INTL(intelligence): 3

Extra: Was Kari’s second character

Name: Psycheress

Class: Mage

Appearance: Has the appearance of a girl that has long hair that goes down to her shoulders, as well as red eyes. She wears a long purple dress, a pink choker, and purple dress shoes.

Powers (Optional): Ability to create illusions

Skills: Hex (Curses the enemy to be unlucky in battle against her), Illusionary Chaos (Uses illusions to drive the enemy mad or insane)

Special: Night Night (Makes the target fall asleep and either have a dream or a nightmare depending on what she has in mind)

Stats (overall max of 25, max of 5 per stat): ATK(attack): 5 , DEF(defense): 5 , SPD(speed):3 , SKL(skill): 0 , MAG(magic): 5 , TEC(technology): 0, INTL(intelligence): 5

Extra: Was Kari’s first character

Last edited by a moderator:
Another young woman started to walk down the gravel path as well. A seemingly nervous Espurr clung to her shoulder. "I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck but instead its you that's the nervous wreck. Take it easy Gloria." Aquarius said. She gently patted the Espurr's head. Gloria looked up at Aquarius and cocked her head. As they passed the statue of a lady with a bun, Aquarius paused to read the plaque. She spotted a boy with a Cubchoo and a young woman with a Pawniard further up the path. 'At least I don't have to endure the awkwardness of being the first one here this time.' she thought.
Gloria heard the tune of Luck be a Lady and lifted her head up. "Espurr?" she said. Gloria's head gently bobbed up and down as she listened to the music. It seemed to have calmed the Espurr down a bit. 'I wonder where that's coming from?' Aquarius thought. She glanced at the girl again. 'Maybe from her?' Aquarius wondered. Gloria changed her position so that she was sitting on Aquarius's shoulder. The Espurr pointed to the girl with the Pawniard by her side. The girl seemed to be humming to the tune, so there was a good chance she was the source of it. Aquarius smiled and rubbed her Pokemon's head.

31st century- moments ago.
Lady Lightning stood across from Inteligente 5. "Are you sure that you want to go back in time to get help in the 21st century? Because that makes us look pretty desperate." she said. "We are desperate Lady Lightning." Inteligente 5 replied. "You don't need to have a 12th level intellect to see that." retorted Ghost. The girl, who was a descendant of the hero Ghost from the 21st century walked over to the two. "And its not a terrible idea." Lady Lightning sighed in response to what Ghost had had to say. "Fine, but try not to take too many with you, in case we're ambushed while your group is gone." Inteligente 5 nodded. "Psyche and Inflataboy, your with me." she said. The two heroes who she had named stepped forward. A panel on Inteligente 5's arm slid open. She hit some buttons on the keyboard. Something that resembled a crimson ball of light big enough to carry at least seven people in it appeared in a flash of light. A panel slid opened on the ball. Inteligente 5, Psyche, and Inflataboy stepped in. The panel slid closed and then in a flash of light the three heroes were gone. The sphere, along with the three heroes, ended up in the 21st century near the location of the first hero from this era. Psyche, Inflataboy, and Inteligente 5 stepped out of the sphere. "We're here." Inteligente 5 announced.

Well, usually my description of turns in an action RPG based combat would be either a certain amount of actions or most likely a set amount of time that has passed.

The other thing is that I'm assuming that time always passes by even if said character doesn't do anything in combat.

Also as another note, I may introduce more characters, but I might need to tone down the powers of their moves since their skills and even specials can inflict questionable damage and have some pretty harsh status conditions it also inflicts upon. (There will also be a nice theme song for all four of them that alludes to something special and hidden.)

1) FYI by Action RPG I mean a system like Xenoblade Chronicles or Tales of Vesperia.
2) Yeah, in most RPGs it's called "Do Nothing".
3) As long as they're not TOO OP.

Oh, if you guys are still up for doing this, I'll share a dub of the first chapter of the comic this RP is based on.
Don't have to watch it, though - just keep up with the RP, if you can.

Name: Star Hestelian
Age: (Be reasonable with this - don't be, say, two years old.) 19
Appearance: She has jet-black hair which has a purple streak running across the right side of her hair. She wears a small, grey shirt along with a pair of black jeans and blue trainers.
Personality (Optional): She is a shy, reserved person
Skill: (Writer, Artist, both, none) Writer
Characters: (Max of five for balance's sake)Blank.
Extra: Picklefishlips is not autocorrected.

Name: Blank
Class: (Fighter, Swordsman, Mage, Animalistic, Morphological, Mechanical, Spiritual) Mage
Sub-Class (Optional): (Fighter, Swordsman, Mage, Animalistic, Morphological, Mechanical, Spiritual) Mechanical
Appearance: Blank looks like a cyborg, and he holds a grey staff. He looks like a cyborg, but he has no legs. Instead, he floats.
Personality (Optional): He is cold-hearted and reserved.
Powers (Optional): He can disappear and reappear right behind people to startle them.
Skills: (Max of four per character) Blank Strike(this move strikes the opponent without appearances of weapons or Blank), Piercing Gaze (Blank stares at the opponent, showing them their fears. This can cause opponent's defence to fall from amount ranging from 1 - 4) and Healing Wave (heals all allies in battle and also heals opponents by 5%)
Special: (Takes a lot of energy, max of one per character) : Cybernetic Fuse : This allows Blank to Fuse with another creation, increasing his stats by the amount of the other creation stats.
Stats (overall max of 25, max of 5 per stat): ATK(attack):5 , DEF(defense):2 , SPD(speed)3: , SKL(skill)4: , MAG(magic):3 , TEC(technology): 5, INTL(intelligence): 3
I will introduce another creation later during the role play and information about that creation will be posted here.