• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Celeste's House of Lost Children

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Celeste:

Celeste just finished with the paperwork for the new children she leaned back in her chair and sighed
" I didn't know starting this will make me do this much paperwork. " She took a sip of her Tea she got up and started making breakfast for everyone even her staff. She yawned and set the food on the table and when to the kids rooms " OKAY EVERYONE TIME FOR BREAKFAST" She screamed

Nova:

Nova just kept on laying down quietly so no one will notice but Haiku started pecking at his head. Nova sat up " Why can't I just sleep like for a month that would be amazing.." but he got up and put on his everyday clothes Haiku sat on his shoulder taking a mini nap, Nova took out his sketch pad and started drawing on the dining table

While Celeste was busy rallying the kids for their meal, Chandler was dilligently settling everybody's plates and utensils up on the family dining table with assistance from his Cinccino, China.
He noticed that Nova was the first one to arrive and despite wanting to make small talk with the child, Chandler reminded himself that Nova is better off being immersed in their sketchbook.
After his task was completed he was surprised to see that Celeste had made him a plate as well. He handed it to China so she could have some first while he walked towards Celeste and approached her thinking of the perfect way to flatter and thank her at the same time.
"You made me a plate! You shouldn't have, isn't taking care of all these kids enough? Not for you it isn't I presume, you're amazing for doing all this work so early!" He stated in a soft bantering tone.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Celeste:

She noticed Chandler and smiled " Oh it was nothing!, I just wanted to thank you for your really hard work! " She began to place everyone's ration of food and started eating herself she was very hungry after all the paperwork she had last night. She wanted to take a year long sleep but she can't do that because she has kids to take care of.

Chandler had duties of his own to take care of as well, so he hastily and yet immaculately finished the breakfast that China had left for him. (This of course doesn't bug him in the slightest as China is cleaner than most adults Chandler knows)
While the Children were waking up and eating, Chandler and China began to make all the vacant beds in the kid's rooms and tidied up the slightest messes in each and every one of them. And for the kids who have yet to change or bathe, the duo prepared their clothes for the day.
Knowing he had some free time before the dishes needed to be washed, Chandler laid on the Sofa and began to read one of the books he's bought rather recently titled "Parenting For the Parentless" Despite not being as loved by the children as compared to Celeste, Chandler wanted to be the best father/brother figure he could to these kids as his mom was a great role model for him. He hasn't been completely opened up too yet but he sure has made progress and was willing to work hard on learning to raise the children. And China, despite not knowing how to read, snuggled in with Chandler, staring intently at the book as if she was.

DJ released a groan as a yell, woke him up with a start. Having to take a moment to regain his breath, DJ blinked his large eyes; adjusting to the light; before looking down at Rai, the elekid beside him. The young boy ran a hand through his messy hair before shooting his arms put wide and stretching- "Warm bed vs Waking up late, these are the challenging options I was forced to choose from when I decided to stay." DJ sighed, the boy then swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood.
DJ exited his room in sweatpants and an oversized shirt, Rai following just 2 steps behind the child. DJ walked into the dining area to find out he wasn't the only one who had actually woke up as prompted. He sort of scoffed at Nova, who's head was in his doodle pad; as usual. Wondering where everyone else was, DJ popped his head into every room. Muttering a comment about everything her saw, DJ noticed Chandler on the couch. The boy, no longer interested in eating, now stood just infront of the couch.
"What are you reading?" The boy questioned with the best uninterested voice he could muster. He hismelf coudlnt even read the title. "Is it any good?" DJ asked and placed a hand on Rai's head by his side.

Chandler shifted his focus away from his reading, genuinely surprised that DJ actually wanted to talk. Of course Chandler hid this joy behind a neutral stare and a subtle grin towards DJ. He decided there's no real reason to lie, and DJ was usually never really too interested in Chandlers life, anyway.
"It's a book about parenting." Chandler explained, "Honestly I'm surprised you're interested, wanna read it together?" Chandler asked hoping to have a bonding moment with the small child.

DJ scoffed at Chandler's response, narrowing his eyes in thought before scrunching his nose with a grunt. Fairies, dinosaurs, astronaut; it understood- but who would want to read a book about parenting? At the older male's offer of reading together, Chandler stared for a moment before shaking his head and stating bluntly "No thanks, sounds boring." Whether the boy was avoiding creating a bond, or he was truly bored already, or he was simply hungry; he certainly didn't mind rejecting Chandler so frankly as he turned away with a shrug.
Facing the wall opposite to the couch and Chandler, DJ paused. Then, without turning back to face Chandler, DJ asked "Why?" with a sigh. "I mean you could certainly use a few tips, you are a bit sloppy." DJ made sure to slip in an insult as proof that he really didn't care. But he turned slightly to look over his shoulder, still waiting for a response to his previous question. It was strange of DJ to be so curious, let alone ask questions- but the boy's overall personality didn't differ as he interrogated Chandler.

Carl sat up drearily in his bed and said in a slurred voice: “I’m uuup” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a strange looking reddish grey ball, with a mischievous grin on his face. It has his latest and greatest prank: The Pepper Grenade. He was planning to detonate the curious little explosive while everyone was eating breakfast. The grenade would explode 5 seconds after pulling the pin Unfortunately for Carl, as he was walking down the stairs, mind full of childish ambition, he tripped and tumbled down the stairs clumsily, accidentally pulling the pin right before faceplanting on the cold hard ground.
“Oooh....This is bad, isn’t it?”

Chandler didn't take DJ's response too hurtful as he was fully aware of the boy's attitude towards everything. Chandler has grown accustomed to the thankless job of being a caretaker for kids with troubled pasts. In fact, Chandler was actually more happy than grumpy over the fact that DJ asked "Why?" He guessed even with DJ's attitude all kids his age are curious over things.
Before Chandler could even respond he heard a commotion near the staircase followed by loud "Puff" sound. Chandler's instant thought was that Carl pulled another one of his stunts again. He looked over to see the rambunctious kid covered in pepper along with the floor and stair case. "China, you know what to do." Said Chandler Calmly as China proceeded to wipe the mess with her tail then rinse it by using aqua tail. Chandler smiled and looked over at what appeared to be a failed pranking attempt by Carl and said "Well now, I suppose you would like to be cleaned up as well? Or would you rather eat breakfast covered in all that?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec woke up slowly, did Celeste have to be so loud, he looked around the room for Ginger. He found her hiding under the bed, right up against the wall. "Come on Ginger it's OK now I promise" Ginger walked out slowly and climbed up Alec and lay down on his head. Alec was dressed and awake now so decided to walk down stairs. He saw Carl at the bottom of the stairs among a cloud of pepper, Ginger sneezed as Alec lent down and held his hand out to Carl, "hey, you alright", he smiled nicely as he said this and kept his arm out to help the boy up.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova eventually finished his sketch and decided to see what all the commotion was about near the steps, as he walked near the corner he saw Carl covered in pepper " Nope... " He walked to the living room to see DJ standing near the wall. Rowlett pecked at his head as kind of like a sign to go talk to the boy. " Fine... ". Nova walked up to DJ and said " Hello Dj how is your day so far? " He asked

Celeste:

Celeste woke from her little nap to see what happened in the staircase, Carl must you be so mischievous?. She helped Carl up and politely asked for China to clean him up. After she asked he said " Thirty more minutes till we start to learn!" She said, She turned towards Alec " Thank you for trying to help I really appreciate it!

Seeing as how Celeste was already coming to help Carl, Chandler went back to the couch to resume his reading until he got to a new chapter that brought him some sort of epiphany. The book elaborated on the importance of safety for fostered kids, stating "The last thing a kid would ever want is to go through the same trauma they suffered before. For a kid to be happy, they must be in a secure environment."
Chandler started to think about how safe all the children really were with Celeste. He knew that she loved the kids enough to sacrifice herself for them, but he wondered could she stand the chance in the event of an invasion? A house full of mostly small kids and weak rare pokemon make preying on this place easy for criminals. If someone came in with a strong pokemon, it would be up to him a Celeste to defend the kids and that can't be achieved with a Pokemon like China. Chandler has never taken a fondness to the idea of becoming a trainer as a kid as his father left him and his mother to go pursue being a trainer. "But maybe these kids could learn how to defend themselves. There is definitely potential for them to be strong battlers!" Chandler started to think of organizing a training schedule for the kids, as the backyard was pretty spacious. After washing the remaining dishes, Chandler walked up to Celeste before he inquired "Hey, Celeste? Could I speak to you about something important for a minute?"

Carl grinned weakly: “Thanks guys. Now as a token of my gratitude, I’ll show you all something spectacular!”
The others groaned, as Carl’s idea of spectacular usually involved large explosions and such.
He then motioned to his partner in crime, Hop and the Hoppip instantly glided behind Carl and turned on its side. The green propeller on Hop’s head started to spin quickly, blowing the pepper off of Carl’s body, and covering the entire bottom floor like black confetti.

“Ta-dah!”

Chandler merely let out a sigh in reaction to being interrupted by Hop's stunt. Chandler viewed the whole situation as just another typical day with Carl. The mess on the floor was no match for China's sweeping tail. Chandler shifted his focus from Celeste to Carl only to chuckle a bit and say "Well I guess you answered my question. I appreciate the gift but I'm sure the breakfast is already well seasoned enough!" He spoke humourously while eyeing and smiling at Celeste.

Last edited:

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Celeste:

Celeste sighed, " Carl you know better! " She threw out a Pokeball and the Pokémon that came was a Pidgeotto, " Pidgeotto clean this all up! " Pidgeotto nodded and used razor wind efficiently and after put all the pepper in a little glass jar. " Celeste turned towards Chandler " You wanted to talk to me about something? "

Last edited:
DJ huffed as his conversation was interrupted. He already had a suspicion as to what the noise was, he didnt even look towards the door as Chandler rushed past him. "Idiot..." The young boy muttered, quickly covering his nose as the peppery sensation spread into his room. DJ turned his head as Nova entered the room, rolling his eyes before glaring at Nova as if challenging the boy to come closer.
Though it seemed his Rowlett had convinced the boy to create some kind of conversation, DJ did his best to shut it down. "Better before you arrived." DJ repied snarkily, "Even better before that clumsy clown arrived." the boy added as he brushed past Nova in order to gesture towards Carl. DJ huffed at Celeste's reminder that lessons would soon start, with a groan the boy looked back at Nova before shoving his hands in his pockets and walking towards the dining area to eat his breakfast.

Last edited:
"Oh.... yeah! Right." Chandler responded back to Celeste with the slightest hint of a flustered tone.
"I was going to say that I think we should organize a training schedule for these kids so they can learn how to defend themselves in case of an emergency and for when they go to the outside world as well. I know that you would do all you can to make them safe, but they need to be able to fight back as well. I.. I mean we wouldn't want to lose you." Chandler caught himself quickly and surpressed his urge to blush
"It could be like my own program for the kids so I could get closer to them. You wouldn't have to do anything extra. All I need is your permission to do it, of course."

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Celeste:

Celeste though about it for second then replied " That would be amazing!, Not only it shows how to protect themselves but they bond better with their Pokémon, and maybe we could do tournaments to see who improved the best!. Go for it! "

Nova:

" Well that was very rude of him " Nova shrugged and walked to his room before lessons to stare at the rock he found yesterday " Such a weird rock " he stood up and played with Haiku until lessons

"Thank you so much for supporting it!" Chandler responded cheerfully. He knew that the kids were going to start their lessons soon which gave him ample time to go out to the market and get all the supplies and pokemon he needed to get started. Before heading out the door, Chandler stood idle and thought to himself for a minute when and idea popped in his head.
"I'm heading out to the market!" He yelled to the others, "If anyone wants to come with and skip your lessons for today, you're more than welcome to tag along!"

Upon heading the words: “Skip lessons”, Carl jumped up and exclaimed excitedly: “I’m going with you, Chandler!”

This was perfect! Carl could skip lessons and restock on his prank supplies! Carl despised lessons, because when instructed to battle, he could never manage to land a single hit on the others. Hop also looked relieved, as he was not looking foreward to another day of getting smacked around by the other Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova sprang up and ran down stairs " I want go take me! " Nova hasn't been outside much since he had been taken in. " Please, Please, Pleaaase " Nova always wanted to go to the market and see all the Pokémon and items ever since he was younger. " I'll be super good, I promise! "

Chandler was pleased to see the usually quiet and reserved Nova become so eager and willing to go outside. And not surprised that Carl was also thrilled to accompany him. Although Chandler was slightly conflicted on taking Carl on a trip that has a sole purpose on preparing Carl for an entirely battle-focused type of activity. He knew that Carl never enjoyed battling and that he despised that aspect of his lessons whenever it was mandatory. Nevertheless, Chandler didn't have the heart to tell Carl that he was going to battle more.
He looked at the two young boys and before opening the door looked at them and said, "Now I trust that you two young gentleman won't get into trouble when we head out, am I right?" He asked semi-seriously with a grin.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

" Of course mister Chandler! " Nova was so excited he couldn't wait to go to the market and maybe even get a new sketch pad because his old one was full from the last sketch he did earlier he put of his shoes and stepped out side and breathed in the fresh air, " Lets go! " he jumped excited

Celeste:

" Okay you three be safe!" She said right after finishing the lesson she prepared she got up " Okay every one lesson time lets go!, were learning about abilities! "

Chandler headed out the door accompanied by Carl, Nova, and China. His plan was to go to the department store to get a surplus of healing and battling items while letting the kids pick whatever they want, then going to the ranch to buy some pokemon to help with training, and ending it with a trip to the cafe to let the kids get a treat and to pick up something for Celeste. Chandler has always been accustomed to having a clear set plan and routine for everything in his life, he was just as nervous as he was happy to have the kids around because he didn't want them to get themselves lost or hurt. He called a taxi and made it to the department store in 5 minutes. He gave both of the kids 1500 pokedollars (same worth as 15 bucks) and explained to them, "I'll let you kids go buy whatever interests you! Just make sure you meet me back at the entrance in 15 minutes. And for the love of Arceus, please stay out of getting into trouble. That goes double for you, Carl!" Chandler stated following it with a chuckle.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova felt like the richest person in the world. He never had so much money in his hand before and now he gets to spend as much money he gets to. " Thanks mister Chandler. " First Nova went to buy a new sketch book with a Mewtwo on the front. Then he decided to get a Zorua pokedoll he really wanted this Pokémon but thought he could never get one. With the remaining money he bought a snack for him and Haiku

Chandler didn't take long to find just what he needed. He stocked up on plenty of potions and revives. He also picked up a book covering the in-depth guide to training and battling. He ended up finishing with 10 minutes to spare so he settled himself on a bench near the front of the department store and began to read. Chandler began to think about what Carl would say upon finding out what he has bought, but he figured that he would be ultimately more happy considering he had the freedom to buy all the pranking supplies.
Chandler turned to China and said "I hope those kids get here soon. If they do we get ahead of the schedule!"

Carl smiled in delight: “Thanks a bunch man! I’ll be sure to spend this money wisely”

He winked at Chandler and started heading towards the store. He came out holding a bag full of red-hot Spelon Berries. He gave one to Hop and said: “Try one!”
Hop took a bite, immediately regretting it, as it was so spicy, it made him shoot a jet of flame in the air. “Wow Hop, it’s like you can use Flamethrower now!”

Chandler observed the items both of the kids chose to buy. Nova seemed thrilled to get a variety of new things which made Chandler feel happy. And Carl was laughing over pranking his own pokemon with some spicy berries. Which again filled Chandler with some delight. " I guess I'll have to make sure you don't sneak those in my food! You two ready to go to the ranch now?" Chandler questioned as he packed his items into his backpack.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova nodded he couldn't wait to see all the Pokémon at the ranch he could sketch as many as he could before they had to leave this will be a great opportunity to know more about Pokémon and what they look like other than his rowlett

Chandler called for another taxi which took him and the children to the nearby countryside. The sunlight radiated through the blue, cloudless sky. The bright greens of the pastures were so appealing that Chandler himself stuck his head out of the cab's window to have a better view.
The ranch itself was a decently sized field containing a couple of stables for pokemon owned by a family. Chandler was friends with the family and frequented the ranch often in his youth as it was the most fun he could have without having to spend money. The Family mainly sells Moo-Moo milk and other pokemon products, but they do also sell pokemon themselves.
Once again, Chandler permitted the children freedom to roam once more, he figured it would be a nice way for them to learn about new Pokemon and have fun in a safe environment. Chandler knew well which pokemon he was going to buy, a miltank. But seeing as how excited the kids were, he decided to spoil them.
"Alright you guys, I really shouldn't do this. But if you two can both agree on it, I'll allow you to bring one pokemon home for the whole family! Now go have some fun while I talk to the Henderson's!" Chandler said in a mature but joyous tone.

Last edited:
Carl was overjoyed at this: “You’re the best, big bro, thanks so much!”
He then turned to Nova, and said to him eagerly: “Hey Nova, what Pokémon do you think are going to be there? Personally, I hope to see a Smeargle.”

Carl had been fascinated with Smeargle ever since he was little. By painting, it could mimic and instantly learn any move that it saw. With its infinite arsenal of moves, anything was possible!

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alec had walked out of the house when no one was looking, he hadn't wanted to go with Chandler, but he did want some fresh air, he walked to the market where he saw a stall selling intriguing gems and fabrics, there was a pretty scarf that he thought would suit Ginger so he told Ginger to create a distraction, she walked to a stall where a Raichu and a Dugtrio were situated, she threw a pebble at the Dugtrio who turned quickly and Ginger motioned to the Raichu blaming him, the two Pokémon started to battle. The nearby stall owners all turned to watch the fight, so Alec reached out and grabbed the scarf, he knocked a rock from the stall causing the owner to turn and see "OI STOP THIEF" he cried giving chase, Alec ran with Ginger at his heels, he ran not looking where he was going and ran straight into Chandler.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova looked around to see all the Pokémon, he saw Miltanks, Pidgeys, and much more!, " I really hope there's a Zorua I love that Pokémon!, Lets go check around and see if there is one! "

Nova is jumping up and down from excitement!

DJ crossed his arms over his chest as he heard Nova and Carl become rather excited about exited their small, safe home? "Why would anyone want to go out there?" DJ muttered bitterly as he pushed his fork through his breakfast with a sigh. As much as he complained, the boy had to admit- this was the best home he'd ever stayed at. Once introduced, DJ never once thought about going back and living on the street again; or leaving the house at all. With a huff, DJ gave his food to Rai; who was an endless pit when it came to anything except pokefood, then the boy dumped his plate into the sink. "Yay!" DJ sarcastically commented on the topic which Celeste had planned to be the lesson of the day. The boy swayed slightly with thought before suddenly his eyes grew wide, "There's one more-" he muttered. For someone who didn't care, it was rather observatory for DJ to notice that the youngest of the children was still missing.
"Yeah right, I'm not gonna be the only one who has to suffer today." DJ muttered under his breath as he walked past Celeste, waving his hand as if gesturing for her to give him a couple more minutes. DJ walked towards Light's room, standing outside for a moment before walking in. Of course, the boy was sleeping. DJ looked at Rai before shrugging, "Thundershock." the young boy instructed as he pointed at Light. With an eager grin, the Elekid charged a bit of electricity through the room before aiming a light shock at the sleeping child; DJ then peered over the bed and scoffed.

Chandler had recieved his new pokemon at a discounted price. He began making his way out of the stable, clutching a pokeball in his hands that contained his new miltank. He was about to call the Nova and Carl to come back to the gates only to be completely startled by Alec hurdling into him. "Alec!? What on Earth are you doing here? Did you come here by yourself? Are you Okay?" But before he could receive an answer, Chandler soon noticed an old man running towards them with an angry look on his face. Chandler's worry only grew but he told himself to remain calm.
"Alec, get behind me!" He said while intently staring at the approaching man.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Light was in a deep sleep until he got shocked from the thudershock, "whaa" light said immediately as he get zapped from the attack, he fast stood up and tried to see if spark did it.
Spark, who slept near him, didn't seem to be awake from the electric attack that was before.
Light looked around in confusion, "what just happened?" He thought to himself as he keep looking around to see who did it, "usually spark waking me up with his jolts but this time he still asleep" he thought and decide to dress up before trying to understand what happened.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Celeste:

She looked around, she noticed Alec wasn't here. She looked about ten times and didn't see him anywhere. " Oh Arceus please let them all come back safe " She felt uneasy, She remembered when her child had ran away and never came back. She thought of going to look for him. she had take care of the others she only had to hope that he would run into Chandler

Nova:

Nova held his Zorua in his arms he looked up and saw the old man chasing Alec, " Haiku, Leafage! " Haiku reacted and hit the old man dead on. He stumbled " St-Stay away from my family... " Nova Stuttered

Chandler didn't even get the chance to converse with the man as he got struck down by Haiku's Leafage. All the old man could muster was a groan as he remained still lying down with his body covered in leaves. Chandler thought quick on how to react to the situation. He was proud of Nova for being brave, but also thought that the action of straight up attacking might be too rash. Ultimately, Chandler did not want to deal with confrontation right now so he left his business card by the old man and to assure that he would lay there for a while, instructed China to use Sing to lull him to a sleep. China went up to the old man's ear and sang a lullaby so that it would affect only him. Chandler knew that they would have to leave as soon as they could.
"Carl!" Chandler exclaimed, "We're going to leave soon! Come back to the entrance!"
He then turned to Alec unsure of how he got himself in this predicament, "Now, young man. Would you like to explain yourself?" He directed towards Alec with a Frown.

"You broke the record for laziest pokemon." DJ said impatiently towards Light, who obviously didn't notice him. With a simple huff, DJ turned towards the door, waving "Get ready for lessons, I'm tired of waiting." the boy bluntly commanded the younger child as he walked away. DJ looked down at Rai, still buzzing with electricity before he arrived into the same room as Celeste. She seemed uneasy. She couldn't imagine what had gotten the poor woman so upset, though he pretended not to notice as he waited silently by the door. DJ went over the day in his head, could it have been Carl's prank that upset her. She should be used to those by now, but maybe she was allergic to pepper.
After a moment, DJ blew out a puff of air. Alec was missing, the nicest boy in the house- tended to be way to optimistic, DJ always found that to feel rather fake. "He'll come back. We're not babies you know." DJ commented bluntly, out of nowhere, towards Celeste.

Carl ran back excitedly with his new Smeargle, Picasso. He ran up to Nova and exclaimed: “WOW NOVA, THAT WAS SO COOL! Who knew that your Rowlet could use such a strong move!”
He turned to Picasso and said, “Hey buddy, Sketch that leafage attack”
Picasso twirled its tail and glowed with green light. Then it pointed at the sky and fired a brilliant leafage attack, exactly like Haiku