• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Celeste's House of Lost Children

Larry grew more and more worried as he couldn't find Oliver even though he clearly heard him scream. "Demos, go search for Oliver inside some buildings. Hurry!" He said as he released the Gas Pokémon in the shadow of a building. Demos nodded and flew through multiple buildings as Larry stayed on the street, looking for the lost boy.

Oliver stood up, ready to charge at the door. He took a deep breath and ran at it full speed, as his arm and one side of his head slammed into the door as a loud snap was heard. " OW! OW! OWIE! " Oliver cried, clutching his arm as he saw blood leaking out. He used his other hand to feel his head, and he felt blood there too. He sat against the wall again, whimpering softly as he slowly passed out.

Chandler looked up from his book, worried that something disastrous had happened. "Surely, nothing could be as terrible as the events that took place yesterday." He reassured himself. Nevertheless, he accepted his shift to start watching the kids. Chandler remembered his plan to organize a pure-training schedule for the kids, this time seemed best as he wouldn't want the kids to worry about Larry's sudden departure. He began to rally the kids into the backyard as there was a spacious patch of grass there that they could use as a battlefield. "Kids! Follow me into the back yard! We're about to start your new battling class! Bring your pokemon!" He yelled out.

Once at the backyard Chandler took out Miltank from his pokeball. "Alright, kids. This world as you may know, has many bad people living in it. Sometimes, they wish to hurt others, such as little children like you. Most of the time, they use pokemon to attack, but luckily for you, you have pokemon as well! Now, who knows what to do if someone brings out their pokemon to hurt somebody?"

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova listened very closely to Chandler's lesson he really wanted to learn ho battle and become more stronger both physically and mentally. Nova clenched his fist ad grinned, Haiku could feel the energy he also slightly clenched his claws against Nova's hair so he won't hurt his hair. Missy grinned as she looked around at the other Pokémon. she laughed and thought " We can win against all of these Pokémon! "

DJ, who had been quiet for the rest of the morning. Truly he didnt unserstand what all the fuss was about with this mudkip, it was just another baby that needed help. They were busy as it is, it seems like that pokrmon was a simple waste of time.
As DJ crossed his arms and leaned against the door to his room and away from all the noise of the kitchen, the boy could clearly hear Oliver's scream.
DJ's eyes grew wide, the young boy sounded like he was in trouble. Real trouble, it was such a familiar cry to DJ.
"Rai..." DJ muttered as he watched Larry rush out the door, before Chandler invited the others into a training lesson. The boy then hutried back to his room and dug through his drawer before revealing the HM that Chandler had ealier given him, DJ pressed the small disk onto this pokemon forehead and closed his eyes. Suddenly, he felt the item being absorbed. DJ took a step backwards before rushing out the door and after Larry, Rai closing it behind them.
DJ, instead of running the same way as Larry, hedaing towards the Alley he had heard the scremaing from. "Ollie! Come on you big baby, I know you can scream- do it!" DJ urged to the shadows, praying the younger boy would hear him and respond.

There was no respond at first, but after about 10 minutes, he let out a small whimper as his body fell onto its side, hitting his head again as a loud enough thump was heard.

Demos floated through multiple buildings before finding Oliver in a room that wasn't really suited for a child. He grabbed a glass of water and threw it into the the face of the young boy to try and wake him up. It didn't seem to work and he grew nervous, was he too late? He left the building and flew towards Larry, ignoring the burning sunlight and got his trainer to follow him back towards the building. "TAKE DOWN!" Larry bashed his body against the door multiple times before bursting it open. "Oliver!" Larry kneeled down and checked for a pulse before recalling Demos and picked up Olivers body before running back towards the safe house.

Oliver's head fell to the side as he wasn't moving. He was breathing softly, and his breathing seemed to slow every minute. He had a cut in his head that had blood pouring out, and his arm was badly broken.

DJ put his ear up against the door and sighed of tleief. He could hear Demos and Larry, who obviously used the front enyrance to get to Oliver. The boy was safe, turning around to press his back against the door; DJ slid down the metal door's cold surface and sat on the floor. He wondered who would have qnated to capture Ollie. Maybe the same guy form the other day, or someone bad form Oliver's past, maybe there was soemone after the orphanage.
DJ huffed, whoever it was; he bet the man would be back again looking for Oliver. And obviously he knew where the boy lived. DJ cracked his knuckles before shrugging, it had been a while since he actually had to fight somebody, but bow he had Rai by his side. He was starting to get really annoyed with the lack of peace in his life, so the boy decided to wait for the return of Ollie's captor. DJ pressed himself against the building as Larry ran by him, he kenw he wouldnt be spotted. The sight of the small boys caused DJ to wince and nearly let out a cry; what a horrible thing to do to a kid.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Chandler responded supportively back to Nova. He greatly appreciated his enthusiasm. "Okay kids, I want you to get familiar with the moves your pokemon can use in battle. So I want you guys to practice them on Belle here to be your practice target. Don't worry about seriously hurting her, she was raised to be strong, and she can heal herself!" Chandler explained while directing the kids' attention towards the Miltank who was grinning and ready to try and tank the little pokemons' attacks. "Now hit her with your best shot!"

"Come on Oliver, stay with me!" Larry said as Oliver didn't really move except for his breathing, and that seemed to slow down. There was blood flowing onto his clothes, but he didn't care. He had to get Oliver to safety, and he didn't think the orphanage could keep him alive. A hospital was his best bet. He ran towards the nearest hospital, forcing every muscle in his body to keep moving no matter how much it hurt. He bursted into the first aid of the hospital, panting. "Can anyone help me? This kid is in severe condition!" He shouted at the people in the room.

A doctor walked over, taking Oliver from Larry. He pointed to a group of chairs and said, “Wait there. It doesn’t look to hard to fix, so it’ll take about 3 hours though.” He then walked into a room with some others doctors.

"Thank you sir, thank you." Larry panted and sat down on a chair, his hands shaking uncontrollably. Please, live! Live Oliver! His hand slowly made his way to his Pokéball and released Demos who was far from happy to be in such bright light. "Demos, go to Chandler and tell him what's going on. Go!" Larry said to his ghost Pokémon who flew away towards the orphanage, leaving the young man alone with his thoughts.

DJ was beginning to doze off, his head pressed against the hard metal surface of the door and Rai standing protectively over him. If it weren't for his opponent being so heavy-footed, the situation would have gone much worse much quicker. He was chuckling rather heavily, footsteps almost mimicking the laugh; and when the figure exposed himself from the shadows, DJ froze. The man was huge, he had bear-like feature's and the type of grin you'd imagine form the villain in a storybook. Any regular kid would be scared, DJ had never even known the word. Yet here was was, all that shelter made him soft, he was scared; and he hated the feeling of it.
"Oh, I guess it's my lucky day." The man, momentarily surprised by DJ, ended up simply chuckling as he knocked his knuckles on the door that he supposed his first captive was still in. "Hear that buddy, I got you a friend." the man yelled into the door before bursting into laughter and having to take a moment to catch his breath. The man's gaze shifted to Rai, who's body was charged with electricity for an offensive attack at DJ's command. The man gave a cocky smirk before taking a pokeball from his belt, "Now, Now. No need to tackle us. How about you make it easy on us; retreat you're pokemon don't make a noise, and nobody gets-"
"Hurt?" DJ cut the man off. "Hurt like you hurt, Ollie? I bet you told him the same thing. You're just heartless, nobody should ever have to listen to you!" DJ growled as he stood up and took a defensive stance.
"Ollie? Oh, you know the boy. That mean's your one of those Orphan brats down the road. Celeste owns you too, huh?" The man snickered teasingly. DJ gritted his teeth, biting back a response. "Then I bet you'd like to see your friend, huh?" the man smirked. DJ's glance shifted, what would the man do when he found out Ollie wasn't there. "Let me tell you. Now, I've owned this kid for a while. He just got lost is all. And now I own you too." the man said with a confident breath as he used keys drawn from his pocket to open the alley door.
DJ a link his shoulders slightly, then just as the man opened the door to the empty room, DJ commanded "Now!" And Elekid released his new attack. The shockwave vibrated down the alleyway, taking the man by surprise.
"Here's the thing kid. Nobody cares if you're gone. Nobody is gonna cry or feel bad if some stray brat like you went missing. Dont you see, I'm not hurting anyone- just cleaning the streets of unclaimed trash." The man smiled, but his eyes informed DJ that he was no longer joking around. Obviously, he had seen the empty room; and though Rai's attack stunned him, it was hardly enough to keep him paralyzed for even a minute. Turning his entire body, the man faced DJ and sighed. "Now, I've got to make up for that one- dammit." The man muttered as he wiped his large hand across his mouth.
DJ gulped, "Just leave us alone. We- they are stronger than you think. I'd stop while you're ahead." DJ said. The boy then took a step back.

(OOC: I know its long, sorry. Just wanted to thoroughly introduce the bad guy. Anyone can come to DJ's aid if they want to get some 'Mr.Bad guy's time. Otherwise, I'm just gonna have DJ escape next post.)

Oliver woke up, staring at the ceiling. “I’m...alive....? Wait, that guy....I’m going back!” He thought, not caring he was hurt. He opened a window and jumped out, running back towards the alley. Seeing DJ and the man, he ran up to the man, pulled his fist back, and punched him. That punch showed he was a heck of a lot stronger than he looked. “Look...leave DJ alone...I’m the one you want...” he didn’t notice what condition he was in. His right side of his face was wrapped in bandages, and his right arm was in a sling. He didn’t care. He would fight for his friend, and would die trying if he had to.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:

Nova noticed Larry and DJ as well as Oliver not being there.Nova wanted to make sure he was okay he excused himself and made Missy sniff their trace. He followed until they made it to a abandoned building " This looks creepy but I want at least want know their safe. " Nova looks around and sees the three figures and makes both of the, out but not the third. " Looks like their are in trouble, I got to help them quickly! " Nova thought quickly and made Missy turn into a middle aged man. " Okay act like your working with the man or something if he attacks you then quickly use protect after that I with make Haiku use Leafage, Go! " Missy ran all around the building and appeared out the corner, Missy let out the deepest sigh she can. She walked closer and make her self noticeable and gestured to the kids to act like she on his side

Demos floated quickly through the streets, aiming to reach Celeste's house. Since he feared the bright lights, he sticked to the houses and the rooms inside. Soon enough he found DJ and Oliver of all kids to be together with the same person that kidnapped Oliver. "Haunt!" The Haunter cried out as a ghostly ball began to form between his hands, his eyes filled with rage as he fired the Shadow Ball at the man.

Gigi was uncomfortable with the situation of battling. What if Sam got hurt? She wouldn't want to risk what was basically her only friend to be injured. It didn't help at all that many of the kids whereabouts were unknown. She's secluded herself from everyone else, finding a nice little hiding spot for her, Sam, and Myles.
"Are you feeling better, friend? Don't worry, I'll make sure you get lots of love, attention, and care... even if I'm not your old owner..."
She lightly stroked Myles' fin, scratching it to comfort him.

DJ was still shaking, as the large man approached him. "Spark!" DJ quickly commanded his pokemon. Rai sent out the attack, but it was easily evaded. Lukily, the man stopped; obviously he wasn't going to get any closer so long as Rai was charged up. With a huff, the man traced his fingers along one of the three pokeballs he had on his belt and it shot out a large fire type. "Magcargo!" the creature cried aggressively, causing DJ to take a step backwards. When the boy's back hit the cold wall, he clenched his jaw and looked desperately for an escaped route. Then, suddenly, the boy felt himself being capture. A set of large arms wrapped around DJ and squeezed him with more than enough force to keep the boy form escaping. Letting out gaping breaths, DJ kicked, but it was too no avail. He couldn't even see what was holding him.
"Bet you take back what you said now. I haven't even got started-" the man grinned as his Dusknoir squeezed DJ tighter, causing the boy to whimper slightly. Rai prepared an attack, just when Ollie arrived back at the alley. On command, Dusknoir dropped DJ; who fell to the floor panting; and returned to his master's side.
The man turned towards the other child, but he was just a moment too late as Ollie's fist was lodged into his gut. The man cringed, holding his stomach for a minute and sputtering out of surprise. It was only a stun though, and as the man stood upright; he laughed at Oliver. "You were a rat before. Now you're a zombie, even less wanted in this world." the man chuckled hardly at Ollie's condition and took a step back so he could watch both boys at once.
"You're so stupid, Oliver!" DJ yelled as he stood with the help of Rai. Perhaps not the best thing to say at a time like this. "Sometimes you've just gotta give up. Do you even have a brain in that tiny head of yours? You can't play damsel in distress and hero." DJ huffed as he positioned himself behind Rai. The man seemed all too amused with DJ's comments, but was soon to end it.
Soon though, the scene became even more crowded. The man looked up at another large, shadowed figure. "You here for business? If not, these brats are mine. Buzz off!" the man slurred his words, but clearly was edging closer and closer to exploding. The man placed one hand on his side, and gave a threatening glare to the people who surrounded him. This all seemed too suspicious. Then, another figure broke the silence. A ball was flung at the kidnapper, full speed; likely would've killed him if his Dusnkoir hadn't stepped in and intercepted with a shadow punch. The man contemplated his options, before he promptly returned both his pokemon. "I'll leave. You see, I'm claustrophobic and this is a bit too much. Attack me and you'll be sorry, or let me leave now and we all get out easy." The man said calmly as he took slow steps out of the alleyway. Of course, this wasn't over. But he wasn't ready for a battle.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
Nova:
Nova let out a sigh of relieve and stepped out. Missy turned back as soon as the man left. Nova grabbed the hands of both of the kids and firmly stated " We are going home now. " He walked with the other kids back to the house and let go. he turned around and crouched tp their levels. " Now why would you do that for huh. You made me worried sick "

DJ watched the man turn, walking away casually and whistling a tune as if he didn't have a care in the world. Eventually he was out of sight, but not out of mind. DJ was sure that the Orphanage's opposer would be back.
At being pulled away by Nova, DJ flinched at first, but figured there was no reason to struggle against the slightly older boy. "Don't lecture me." DJ huffed indignantly and crossed his arms over his chest. "If anything, you made the same stupid decision you are scolding us for." DJ pointed out. The boy felt all sorts of emotions. Upset, that he had actually made such a stupid mistake and rleieved that he had been rescued. He felt angry but loved. It all came out in a single teardrop that rolled down the boy's cheek. Rai let out a concerned mutter and strpped closer to his trainer.
Quickly realizing how much of a baby he must've looked like, DJ wiped his face and slowed his breathing. Ollie's words drifted in the boy's mind. Was it his fault that it had all happened. Larry had the situation handled, he shouldn't have let his own emotion got in the mix of the, already, problematic situation. "Sorry." DJ mumbled the bit under his breath before turning away as a getsure that he didnt want to talk about it anymore. He was nothing but trouble. At Least Nova could defend himself. And poor innocent Ollie just wanted to help. DJ had no excuse, he really was useless.

Ollie walked over to DJ, hugged him. “Thanks, you know, for coming. I didn’t think anyone would care, but you and Larry came to help. Thanks for that.” Oliver said to his friend.

Gigi continued to pet Myles in their little hideaway, making sure she wasn't ignoring Sam's needs either.
"Even if nobody else likes me here, besides Celeste, I'm happy that I have you to keep me company when I'm alone and scared... a lot of scary things have been happening lately... the incident from a few days ago... the kids disappearing recently... it's all too much for me... it scares me... what if I'm the next one to get taken away from everyone here? I wouldn't be able to do anything... I don't know how to battle... I don't know how to fight... no one would even notice I'm gone..."
She struggled to keep her composure, and as she went on with her rambling, she only started to pet Myles and Sam more nervously and quickly.

Demos grinned and floated back towards the hospital, his trainer had to be nervous by now. After the Haunter returned to the hospital, Larry left the building and ran towards the orphanage. Oliver escaped and got in a fight somehow, and he wanted to make sure the boy was alright. Soon enough he arrived and he knelt down next to Oliver and DJ. "Boys, are you okay? Demos told me you got into a fight!"

“I’m fine. Nothings broken, well, besides what was broken before.” Oliver said with a smile. But, the mans words stayed in his mind. “You were a rat before. Now your’re a zombie, even less wanted in this world.” Ollie shook the thought off and shrugged. “Wasn’t a fight really. I punched him in the stomach, and I stunned him, and it was funny!” He said with a small laugh, it was hard to get his spirts down.

"A fight is never funny, especially since you could have been kidnapped! We can't have that, no child should have to be at that risk." Larry was nervous, which was rare for the man. "Let's go home, okay? Oliver and DJ, stick close to me." He stood up and waited for the two boys to follow him back to the orphanage.

"And what about you two? What would happen with you guys if I got taken away? You wouldn't be with me, and I would be scared... more scared than you could ever imagine... I don't want you to leave my side, I'm scared that I'm going to be taken away, that I'm going to be hurt, that no one would even care that I'm gone... I... I... I..."
Panicking, she started squeezing Myles, and breathing extremely heavily, slowly but surely removing the scarf from her face. With it off, you could see it was covered in many scars and gashes that couldn't heal. She frantically held her head and curled into a ball on the floor, whimpering with every thought that came into her mind.