• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Castform weather wonders!

You won't believe what happened this morning! It was snowing all night last night and there's 6 inches of snow in my garden! I've also made 2 snowmen with my brother. The best part of it is...

NO SCHOOL!!!

;D Plus, it hasn't stopped snowing! But, I want to know what you're weather is like.
Is it sunny in America? Is it cold? Tell me!

Administrational edit: Usage of the Marquee tag is severely frowned upon. SEVERELY. Don't do it.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Most of England is snowed in - including here. It's mostly annoying - I have schoolwork that needs to be done. At school. Plus, my parents can't get in to work.

And, it's only going to get worse. It'll get colder as the day goes on - that snow'll freeze. Then it'll be lethal.

Unlucky. If I was in school, though I would have to be there from 8:00 to 5:30 :-\ I would have frozen. I think the snow will melt overnight.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I was only in university for an hour, but I've still been pelted with snowballs >> Leeds has much more snow than here anyway. All that's here is a lot of wet that freezes almost immediately (making for vicious snowball fights, of course).

Also, I heard there's more snow coming up from France, so it's not over yet...

I finished work at half four (I start at two and usually finish around six), we closed the shop at four.

My mother and father didn't go into work. For my father it's because people are insane drivers in clear conditions on the route he takes to work, so snow makes them positivly leathal. My mother's work was closed because most of the staff couldn't get out of their own drive-ways, which of course sucks for the four hundred or so students who had exam today.

All the schools, colleges and Uni's in my area were closed today as well. The snow pulled a number over on my town in particular as the last really bad bought of snow we had was roughly eighteen years ago. In Febuary.

Yeah, having hills is great for keeping the storms out, but when the bad weather hits it truly is an "Oh Shit" moment. Looks pretty though.

Oh yeah, it's started melting in the valleys for the most part though. I'm not too sure about what the weather will be like tomorrow, my taxi driver said it might get worse.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I had to go out filming in the snow. Made for some funky shots, but was fucking freezing. Can live without that experience again.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm Atlantic Canadian, so stereo-typically we're always covered in snow... even in the summer according to some people >> <

But anyways, today it's nice and sunny here with a considerable amount of snow on the ground. It's not the best for making snowman, though, because recently the temperature went silly and it rained briefly, then dropped again to freeze everything. It's effectively created a layer of ice over all the current snow.

Hrm... Should make for good sledding, actually. :)

Meet Leaning Jack:

leaningjacksmall.jpg

My sister and I made it, consider it my creation for today, he's about 6' 6'' or so. :p

He has now fallen over, though. Leaned too much maybe :(

meh, in the American south, we can has no snow :(

I went to North Carolina for the weekend and I there were flurries Friday night and I was really excited. It turned out to be nothing though because the snow didn't stick whatsoever. The next couple of days were sunny, thank goodness and the mountains were gorgeous.

Back in Atlanta, we're supposed to get rain today...(rain is the bane of my hair's existence right now). Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty and sunny with temperatures in the 50s...not sure what that is in the metric system. It's still a bit cool for my liking but at least it isn't in the 30s like it was a couple of weeks ago.

Meet Leaning Jack:

He has now fallen over, though. Leaned too much maybe :(

lol, LoN

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I live in northern Texas here in the US, and there was a bit of freezing rain here on Tuesday night (so that's about a week ago now). We had an unplanned early release on Tuesday, and no school on Wednesday. Well, being the easily amused person I am, I was playing with the ice all day. Maybe that's why I've had a cough for a few days now. It's sad; it snows at times here, but then the snow all melts by the afternoon. Or the ice. Frost. Whatev. XD

Though lately, we've been seeing pretty warm weather, all the way to the 70's F yesterday. And it just keeps getting warmer...

Bleah, in Idaho (northwestern US, deserty region) it did snow pretty good for Christmas break but for some reason I didn't play in it. But after December, it's just sucky and cold until the latter end of March. There might be sun or it could be cloudy, and it can be cloudy for a while cuz I live in a valley... But last year we did actually have a real snow day, it was amazing. *Is jealous*​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm in Sheffield (England) and we're completely snowed under XD

My brother went to school this morning, because it wasn't so bad then, but after lunch time Dad was send home from work and my brother left school early. I live in a quiet area, near the country, so there aren't many cars about, but I haven't seen one all day!

I hope it lasts for a while, too bad I work from home though :p

LoN, that snowman is awesome beyond words. 'Tis a shame he's fallen over though.

I'm in Southern California. where i live, it never snows, all we get is like 5 days of rainfall a year. The best we get is hail, whoch hasn't happened for over 10 years.
nice snowman LoN, hope it didn't give anyone a flying hug

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I wish it'd snow enough to go skiing... But no, it's pretty much gone around here now, with no sign of it starting up again tonight. Here being manchester, that is.

It's snowed so much where I live, it's not funny.

I hate snow because snow hates me and in turn snow hates me because I hate snow.

That aside, rain is amazing.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Ah, well, payback is only fair :p It's all gone here, too, so we had to go to school. It sucked.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's snowing again here at the moment, and supposedly it's gonna keep up all afternoon and just get increasingly worse. My family had to head to the next city over for doctors appointments, so there's a good chance they'll be stranded at my grandparents house tonight, lol.

I love watching fluffy snow falls. So peaceful and purdy~...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The snow that fell yesterday has now become an almost solid sheet of ice across all surfaces. It's very difficult to walk on. I live on the top of a hill, so it was rather fun trying to get home this evening. Going down wasn't so bad, funnily enough, but coming back up was almost impossible. I was so tired by the time I made it, from the 'one step up and two steps down' pace it took me forever XD

It's meant to snow again on Thursday, which I hope it does. I tried to make a snow gerbil today but the snow was too dry and wouldn't mold

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It snowed again quite heavily today, so I finally made myself a Snow Gerbil!

CIMG4969.gif

It looks a little mousy, and I couldn't find anything for eyes, but I like it anyway ^^
If I add eyes later I'll update the picture.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Hasn't snowed again here - it rained instead. My classmates all think we'll get another snow day later - but they're undoubtedly wrong :p

Well, from left to right we have:

slightlyleaningphilandhissidekicksk.jpg

My sister, Slightly Leaning Phil, myself, Skeleton Jack :p

Made this morning, in 4.5 inches worth of snow.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I got up, saw the roads were clear so went to work.

Where it then proceeded to chuck snow down until we got sent home.

The 15 minute journey too an hour and half,an hour of that was covering two miles worth of treacherous roads.

When we got home, someone told us that it hadn't really snowed there all day.

So apparently, I work in a snow bubble.

*cries* I ENVY you people! I never get snow down here! ;_;

Seriously, it was snowing a few days ago, but none stuck to the ground. I'e heard some people say they've never seen snow in their life down here. But other than that, it's unusually cold at the mom. It'll heat up like a furnance in the summer though.

Up here in Finland (the land that God forgot) we've had the following:

-10 degrees Celsius. Nice sledding/skiing weather, if the sun's up.

+3 degrees Celsius. Everything melted, nice wet snow everywhere, good for nothing in particular.

-3 degrees Celsius= everything froze= oh shit.

And that's the day's weather report from Finland.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Most of the snow has gone here now, but the bits that remain have become solid ice.

Now a lot of England has flood warnings

Well, Idaho's weather is like retarded. It doesn't snow after January except for a Valentine's Day snow (well, today's close enough anyways). Wasn't enough to affect anything though, except my friend's stuff fell into the snow and got all wet.​

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Ice! Ice and cold and chills, yesterday, anyway. It made my bus 40 minutes late. >> It's warmed up quite a bit yesterday, but it's still really cold in the mornings :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, the forecast for today.

It's supposed to go up to about +3, rain, then drop below 0 and lightly snow overnight. There will be barely any time for any of the water on the roads to evaporate.

In the words of my mother after hearing the report last night: "UGH! Why do they keep doing that?!"

I had to kindly remind her that mother nature isn't listening :p