• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

A few blocks down Azumi's coughing rose again. She was barley able to hold on to Golurk, who noticed his trainer in trouble and flew down and landed in an alley. Grunts could be heard down the street, saying they saw something flying around. Azumi returned Golurk and hid in between to dumpsters, trying to hold in her coughing as much as possible.
The grunts could be heard getting closer. Azumi reached for Lucho's pokeball. Her coughing became to violent tho and she ended up curled up with her eyes closed. She was slowly fading away and the grunts could be heard getting closer.

'Alright. It'll help, trust me. I got a doctrant in Pokemon and Human nursing as part of my application for the special forces.' Zak helped Ray limp over to the elevator. He pressed the button for floor 2. When they arrived Zak gave Ray a healing salve that he found in the cupboards, bandages and a crutches to lean on. 'That should heal up nicely. Alright, we should probably go after Azumi. Noivern can quickly give us a ride and use her echolocation to find her.' Zak got up and called the elevator.

Azumi's coughing seized and the voices of the grunts faded away. She got up and walked to the street, there was no sign of anyone around.
"That was reckless. Flying on a giant statue around the city." Azumi said to herself. She looked around, it was difficult to escape the city now. But, her family might be in danger. "What would dad do?" She asked herself. She knew the answer though, she needed patience and take one problem at a time.
She began walking back to the cafe. Doing her best to avoid any grunts on the way. "I kinda feel bad for scolding Michael now... He deserved it though."

'Special forces!?' Ray thought to himself in alarm. 'For god's sake, the amount of times I clashed with these guys... The amount of trouble they caused me! And now I supposed to work with one of them? Pffft..." He clenched his fists.

But despite Ray's prejudices he had no time to waste, and so he took the supplies from Zak and uttered a curt thank you.
"I need something with more with mobility, though..."
Ray started searching through the cupboards and found a plastic walking cast; he applied the healing salve, bandaged himself up, and threw it on. The painkillers were starting to kick in, allowing him to work quickly...
"Alright, I should be good..." he said after taking a few steps. "This probably ain't gonna heal properly, but I'll worry about that later..."

Ray hurried into the elevator and they returned to the main floor.
"You take your Noivern, but I'm taking Typhlosion - I'm sure he remembers her scent..."
The napping fire-type starter leapt up off of the floor and rushed to Ray's side. He got on top of the pokemon and the two took off out the door...

Last edited:
"Don't rush."He told Ray from the roof."I can see her coming. But I'm surprised you wanted to save her.That is more of a Jodi thing to do."From inside of the cafe Michael could hear Jodi yelling"Thanks!". He got down from the roof and went in. He drank his tea and looked towards Ray." The one you should worry about is Otis.But still you wanted to go after Azumi."He approached Ray and whispered"Soooo,do you like her?:\=|: ".

Azumi was a few blocks away, the night released a chilly breeze and the buildings were beginning to turn off their lights. Every few steps she would pass by a citizen, who would avoid eye contact. "I guess being kept hostage in your home makes you distrustful." Azumi spoke to herself.
Her coughing acted up again, she sat at a nearby bus bench. The thoughts of her home and city being in the same condition would not escape her head. She had been here before in the past, there was always movement and life at any time of the day or night. Now, it was just dull and empty.
Azumi sighed and saw what seemed to be a typhlosion in the distance. "Time to apologise." She said as she rolled her eyes.

'Alright! Noivern! You're up!' The giant bat wyvern was released. Zak hopped on. 'Noivern! Let's go.' Zak and Noivern followed after Ray and Typhlosion. Not long after they arrived at Prism Tower. Noivern circled the top. Zak could see no one at the top levels. 'Noivern, let's land there,' He pointed to the spire at the top of the tower. 'Use your echolocation to locate Azumi.' Noivern started it up. Noivern gestured her head towards the direction of the cafe. 'She must be heading back. Let's go find Ray-' But he was cut off by a lightning strike from the bottom of the tower. It shook the tower and Zak fell right off the edge. But when he was a bout to hit the ground Noivern shielded him with her wings and caught him. When they slammed into the ground, Zak emerged but Noivern was hurt bad. Zak put up his arm to make her return. 'Noivern return- aaahh!' His shoulder was hurt badly from the impact. 'Oh crap. Ok. Sceptile, Lycanroc. I choose you!' The two Pokemon were released and stood their battle stances. Zak hear clapping from within the dust cloud ahead of him.
'Well done!' A voice said sarcastically. 'Well done indeed! I have to say, to use a pathetic Pokemon like that to save your pathetic self.' When the cloud cleared, a woman in a Tempest uniform emerged with a Luxray behind her and a Skorupi on her shoulder.
'My Noivern is not pathetic! And neither are these Pokemon.' Zak said.
'We'll just see about that. I am Evanine, Tempest Admin! And I challenge you to a battle!' She shouted and she sent her two Pokemon towards Zak.

'Sceptile! Use Volt Tackle on Oshowatt! And Lycanroc Accelerock on Luxray!' The two Pokemon darted forward in perfect unison and smashed into their opponents, propelling them backwards. Evanine was the next to make a move.
'Use Rain Dance Oshowatt!' What! Zak thought. Why would she use Rain Dance? But then the answer was clear. 'Luxray use Thunder on both of them!' And then it him. Thunder has no chance of missing it's opponents in the rain. And that Thunder was about to come down on Sceptile and Lycanroc.

Ray gave Micheal a hard flick on the forehead.
"Is it really that unusual to want to stop your injured friend from charging straight into enemy territory alone? If anything, I think you shoulda been a little more concerned... Besides, she saved my life back at the base - whether she intended to or not... - so I kinda owe her..."
Ray cleared his throat.
"Anyway I haven't forgotten about Otis, so don't you worry" he teased. "We can search for her as a group once we get ourselves sorted out..."

Ray spurred on Typhlosion and the two continued on to the bus stop where Azumi sat.
"S-sorry..." said Ray as he approached. "I shouldn't have brought it up... Especially while there's nothing we can do about it..."

"Hey! You didn't tell me if you do!"He was about to go after him,but he was cut off by the lightning."Woah!Zak!Eh,he's in the PSF,he'll be fine!"He went after the two." Hey,'Zumi,why do you look like you've been hit by Stun Spore?Maybe Ray could help you!"He nudged Ray over to her."Maybe Jodi could help me with ship names."He thought while smirking.

Azumi saw the two arrive, when a sudden down pour began all over the city. "That's odd, there were no clouds a while ago." She walked up to the two trainers while putting the hoodie from her coat on. She made a quick bow when she reached them. "Sorry about that, I panicked." She smiled to reassure she was better now. "Should we head back to the cafe? We need to find Otis and I'm sure that Zak guy could help."

"Well,Zak didn't know that I saw you,soooooo....he flew to the Prism Tower,and I'm pretty sure he got struck by lightning.Sooooo....my guess is that he's in trouble.And the clouds appeared after the lightning came soooo....he's attacked by someone.But,he's in the PSF,so he can handle himself.Let's go back and explore the tunnel!"He skipped towards the cafe,'cause he didn't like Zak enough to go help him.

"Michael wait!" Azumi called out as she walked behind him, trying to catch up. "I'll go with you to go get Jodi, but we have to go after Zak afterwards, he helped us out. Besides someone like him helping us makes our team stronger." She caught up to him and started walking along him. She looked back at Ray, "Come on slaking, we got work to do."

"Yeah,he might make our team stronger,but how did he help us?He's just a weird jerk who came out of nowhere.He might be in the PSF,but his safety is none of my concern."He said cold.He started skipping faster,to avoid Azumi's attempts of convincing him to save Zak.

"Ugh....fine. I'll do it.Just because your cough makes me feel uncomfortable.I'll go prepare Jodi."Michael ran to the entrance and said" 'Odi,get ready.We're going to save the weirdo."He packed his backpack,got Blaziken ready,and he and Jodi waited for the adults to get ready."What happened to Zak?" "We'll find out soon."

"I wouldn't mind if his name was Mr. No Legs."Michael said harsh."But now that we're talking about him,I have a question.Since you saved eachother,I was wondering if you....like him?"Michael said while wiggling his eyebrows.

Last edited:
Azumi laughed at the question "That's silly. I don't have time for such things." She got out a few full restores and hyper potions, "I have 3 full restores left and two hyper potions. I only need one of each, you guys can take the rest." She placed the items in her bag and layed back on her sit.
"So you and Otis huh?" Azumi asked Michael with a sinister smile.

Ray caught up to the rest of the group and he noticed Micheal whispering to Azumi in a mischievous manner. He sighed and thumped the boy on the back of the head as he walked by.
"I think you watch too many soap operas, kid. Besides, shouldn't you be worrying about... Otis??? " Ray joined in on the teasing.
At the same time he took the full restore that Azumi had laid out and started applying it to Typhlosion.

"What??!! Are you for real?!"Michael yelled while blushing with a Scolipede red."That girl can do what she wants,'cause I don't care!And you just said that you don't have time for this!And weren't your leg giving you a hard time walking??!!"He quickly went outside and waited for them to head out,to avoid any more teasing"Why do they think that?It's stupid!"

Azumi laughed and walked outside. "Ok guys, to prism tower." She released Lucho, who began flexing his muscles. "Walk with me Lucho, I need a bodyguard." Lucho squacked in agreement. "Michael and Ray, you guys have faster ways to travel. Go ahead while me and Jodi catch up. Don't do anything reckless please." She looked over at Michael in that last sentence. "Everyone ready?"

"Alright, Mikey-boy, let's hit the road!" Ray hopped onto Typhlosion (who was pretty much his steed at this point) and took off toward the tower.
As he got closer to the tower the rain became heavier and heavier until it became clear that Typhlosion wouldn't be a very effective choice for this fight... When Ray arrived at the scene of the battle he sent out Dusknoir and Corsola.
"Corsola, use Light Screen! Quickly, to shield Zak's pokemon from the Thunder!"
As much as Ray hated the PSF, the man had been nothing but kind to him so far... and so he felt obligated to help him out.

The blast would've hit the two Pokemon directly. But Corsola's light screen saved the day. 'Oh hey guys welcome to the party! Lycanroc! Sceptile! You guys ok?' Both nodded. 'Alright then let's continue! Sceptile use Leaf Blade on Luxray!' Sceptile leaped forward, scoring a direct hit on Luxray, since it was recharging. 'Now quickly leap back!' The Admin grimaced. 'Your action is useless. Your friend will only be weakened by your compassion for him.'

"Nice one, Corsola, now use Head Smash on Oshawott!"
"CorSOLAAA!!!" the coral pokemon took on the aspect of a mighty boulder and charged head-first toward the small otter...
At the same time Ray gave Dusknoir a covert signal to use Shadow Sneak, and the ghost-type rematerialized behind the Luxray and attempted a surprise attack...

Last edited:
Oliver coughed up some blood, trapped by pieces of the wall. When he dug himself out, he looked around for Ray, not seeing him anywhere. "Did he....forget about me....?" He whimpered, standing up wobbly. " Hey, you lost kid...? How are you out of your cell? " A guard asked Oliver, who looked up at him confused. "Never mind that, let's go." The grunt said, pulling Oliver into a nearby cell, throwing him into it, then slamming the door. Oliver began crying, he was so upset. He was bruised, scratched, and lonely. " Mr.Ray.....he'll come back....he'll remember.....he has to.... " Oliver whined, curling into a ball.

Azumi and Jodi walked through and ally when two grunts cut them off from both sides.
"I got the one in front of use, you take the one back there Jodi." Azumi said as Lucho stood in front of Azumi in a fighting pose.
The grunt sent out a Hitmonlee. Azumi took a deep breath, "Hone claws!"
Lucho began rubbing his claws together, making them look more sharp. The enemy Hitmonlee got bigger using bulk up. "Acrobatics!" Azumi called out. Lucho ran and began doing flips and jumping off the walls. The enemy Hitmonlee started using mega kick but Lucho's acrobatics allowed it to dodge and strike the enemy in a swift movement. The Hitmonlee growled and took his fighting pose again while Lucho landed with a perfect backflip in front of his trainer.
"Stay alert Lucho, we don't know what they are capable of." Azumi told her Pokemon as she examined the situation.

'Alright let's see you take on us you Tempest freak! Lycanroc! Stone Edge!' Giant rocks shot out of the ground and shot the two Tempest Pokemon into the sky. Evanine shouted her saving move.
'Luxray! Use Wild Charge! Catch Oshowatt with your attack and dive down to Lycanroc! Boost it with Aqua Jet Oshowatt!' Luxray zipped forward and caught Oshowatt. They zoomed down.
'Alright Lycanroc! I think it's time to bring out our secret weapon!' Zak's jacket sleeve slid down to reveal a Z-Power Ring. 'Alright! Let the fury of the ground beneath you explode! Use all your power to rock this world! USE! SPLINTERED! STORMSHARDS!' Lycannroc was filled with might and his green eyes began to glow. He raised himself on a giant rock ledge and pointed rocks began to lift and point at Luxray and Oshowatt. Lycanroc howled and front flipped off the ledge. 'NOW!' Zak shouted, and all the spikes came crashing down and Lycanroc with them. But when the smoke cleared, the two Pokemon and their trainer were gone. 'Lycanroc, Sceptile. Return.' He looked down at his two Pokeballs. 'We'll find em' guys.' He whispered. 'They're out there somewhere.'

(Also congrats on #500 post everyone! Woohoo!)

Last edited:
Michael was about to follow Ray when he saw a Furfrou."*gasps*Cute!"He and Blaziken followed the Pokemon,but after 3 corners,they lost it."Awwww,dang it!I wanted to complete the collection of Furfrou!Ugh,let's go back." He got up on Blaziken as he jumped in the air,towards the Prism Tower.But when he saw that everybody was safe,he said."Oh,you're fine.Sorry,I was followin-I mean,I made sure that Otis wasn't near by."He went towards Ray an griped his sleeve"Hey Ray,what's a Soap Opera?You said that I watch too many,but I don't know what it is..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jodi got panicked as he saw the two grunts.She sent out Dragonair and said"Use Dragon Breath,then use Dragon Tail!"Dragonair floped on the ground and let out a powerful Dragon Breath,then rushed and jumped into the air,as his tail got green,ready to hit Hitmonlee.

(OOC:Yay!I was the 500th post!:))

Rey returned Dusknoir and Corsola since the Admin appeared to have retreated for the time being.
"Glad that's dealt with..." he sighed in relief and wiped some sweat off of his brow. He turned to Micheal and answered the boy's question:
"Well... Soap Operas typically go something like this:

'Dennis, how could you!?'" he said in a ridiculous high-pitched voice...
"'I had to Clarice! It was the only way!" he responded to himself in an exaggerated man-voice...
"'Dammit, Dennis, I never want to see your face again... BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!'"
"'That's all well and good, Clarice... But unfortunately, I LOVE YOUR SISTER!' Dun dun duuunnn!"

Ray realized he was getting too into this and making a fool of himself, and so he cleared his throat and regained his composure.
"Y-you see? They're just melodramtic TV shows, really... You'd probably like 'em..."

"One more time! Acrobatics!" Azumi yelled out as Lucho swiftly dodge the incoming attacks and slashed Hitmonlee. The enemy fell unconscious and Lucho stood there doing victory poses. The grunt returned his Pokemon and fled.
Azumi continued along until reaching prism tower, where she saw Ray doing some weird voices and faces.
"Wow the pressure is really getting to you huh?" Azumi said as she walked pass him.
She walked up to Zak and asked him, "So what happened here?"

"Yeah,probably."Michael said to Ray as Azumi was walking past them and Jodi was studying the Prism Tower."Ray,could you sent out Totodile?I noticed it disapeared from Azumi's house so it's gotta be with you.His health matters to me.He's really cute,and I want to take care of him.Because he looks like the nicest out of the injured,except for Azumi. Sorry,but your....well,you.So can you please let me see it?Please,please,please,please!!!"

Ray didn't even bother trying to explain what he was doing when Azumi walked by... Then he heard Micheal's inquiry.
"Actually, Azumi, wait up! What did happen to Totodile and that kid? Errr... his name was Oliver, I think... I was trying to save him, y'know! But then you came in and caused a scene - I mean, I'm not trying to be accusatory or anything, so don't get me wrong... but, that is what you did... - ANYWAY, after that I lost track of them both in the ensuing fray..."
Ray was concerned: he was the only one who knew about Totodile's criminal origins, and he didn't want the pokemon to get into any unnecessary trouble... Also, what had happened to Oliver?

Azumi looked back at the two trainers, "My 'scene' allowed us to destroy their main server." She turned away from them, you can tell she was bothered. "The kid and totodile...I sent them back home with Arcanine, I can't confirm if they made it though. Knowing Arcanine they most likely did." She looked over in the direction of her home. "I wish I could go and confirm, I'm sure dad is ok but I worry about everyone else." She sighed while staring of into the dark sky.

"Wait,what??'!!"Michael said shocked."You got someone else into this mess?Ugh,you two are the absolute worst!!"Michael was furios with them.He marched towards Ray and slapped him,he gave a death glare to Azumi and stormed off in the direction of the cafe.Jodi called out to him"Michael! Wait-And,he's gone."

"You destroyed it all right... But me and Totodile were actually planning to-" Ray stopped himself, realizing that he was on the verge of revealing some incriminating information about the pokemon... He was getting a little hot-headed. Seeing that he had offended Azumi, he took a deep breath and calmed down.
"S-sorry, I'm just frustrated about my leg, and I'm taking it out on - OW!" that's when Micheal walked up and slapped him, storming off toward the cafe...
"Did you teach him that?" he grumbled to Azumi. "And he says he's never seen a soap opera... Pffft." Ray rubbed his cheek.
"Anyway, we should probably follow him." He looked over at Zak. "I'm game to check out more of that underground 'lab' place..."

Last edited:
Azumi began to walk towards the cafe, as she walked past Ray she shot a glare at him and said, "You and totodile we're planning to?" She continued to walk, frustrated that once again he was hiding something. Lucho snikered at the situation and walked behind Azumi proudly.
Azumi grabbed Jodi's hand and began walking with her.

"Ugh,I'm stuck with idiots!And Jodi."Michael thought angry.Blaziken landed right next to him."Blaze..."She said,trying to comfort him."Yeah,maybe I overreacted.But now I won't!"Michael said smirking.He got up on Blaziken's shoulders and they ran into a different direction.Michael thought cheecky"If he really cares about this group,then he'll come look for me.If he doesn't,I won't give his PokeBall that I found in Aldous' office."Blaziken stopped right at the top of Prism Tower."Huh,I think I can see my ranch from over here!They won't ever think that I went the other way around,and that I'm above them!"