• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA: the flotsam lot

What Should Happen Next?

• Field trip!

• All-Schools (all schools in the area) competition

• VILLAINS

• Skills training (focusing on developing actually skills for quirks)

• More competition?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Well now Jack will remind you about how OP he was and still is. I apologize for whatever happens the next time you cross his path. Anyway I saw a Bnha ad when I clicked on the actual RP thread, so I guess we're sponsored, good job guys. Anyway, anyway I don't think skipping past the part where the dummy is finally made is necessary anymore, since I'll post soon now.
We can get sponsored on here? That's kinda cool ngl.
Is my character THAT forgettable?

*slowly and silently cries in a corner*
In my defense you were gone for a bit, unexpectedly to. So if it's anyone's fault it's yours. ._.

In my defense you were gone for a bit, unexpectedly to. So if it's anyone's fault it's yours. ._.
Well you can pretend you got sponsored at least lol, but I do find it funny how there was an ad for it and all that. Oh yeah, school started up not too long ago for me (late to the party) but it's my last year, so I doubt I'll be that busy. Still, if I don't reply like that, then that's why. @Hungry Badass I was wondering what happened to you.

@Mystic Zander yep- still open! Get a bio up and you'll be rolling (please excuse the lag time, but unfortunately you wint be able to respond until there is an opening to introduce your character) also make sure you check the character bios and dont make anyone too similar to what already have. Villain spots are also open.

@Captain Cardboard if its easier I can post and pretend like Kat already work her magic. I know its hard to get a post in sometimes. Or just tell me to hold my horses if you want to type something up, if you are planning please do so in a hurried fashion- no pressure of course.

Last edited:
I tried to set it up to make this go by quicker. Since Kishi gave away who has the dummy, the other team can quickly reach the target, then Seo and Camden can help out Asta. Kumori and Aurora can go help Zuron. So that would make:

Ciel, Kat, Fuyuki vs Zuron (1/2 Zuron ig), Aurora, Kumori
Kishi, Jack, Himari, Hoshi vs Asta Seo Camden

Well, a mix.

Running an 8 period day for my Junior Year
Stress with homework and sports
Summer being busy

But I'm back (finally) after 10 weeks of inactivity

JPSomeone

Well, a mix.

Running an 8 period day for my Junior Year
Stress with homework and sports
Summer being busy

But I'm back (finally) after 10 weeks of inactivity
I'm assuming your talking about high school which makes it worse. Now I know what to expect.

@IDKWhatUserNameToDo I know you just posted so I wasn't sure if you wnated to post again. I wad gonna wait on posting Zuron until Fuyuki froze him- but I underatand if you dont have enough juice to post again already XD. Would you perfer I have Zuron escape Kat's grasp, or I can post Zuron and just sorta auto Fuyuki to have her freeze him in my post. Also, how long would it take for Fuyuki to make Zuron's legs go numb. I may have he begun the freezing process, but then Zuron can smack Kat off and the real battle begins.

@Jekis Surprise! We may or may not have been plotting Jakob's death in order to explain his disappearance. Glad you're back- Zuron is in the process of stealing Himari, so have fun with that. I think the best course of action is to wait and then have Jakob jump in with the others once this activity is over.

It would be ideal to ping me when it's over, if that's okay! What would sound like a good dissapearance reason for Jakob? And what about Itsuki?

@Barefoot_Kittens
I understand that we kinda want to get this activity over with to get to the next one. Most of us want that, if not all of us.

First of all. I usually have a post with both both Kumori and Fuyuki in them with usually roughly the same amount of text, but I can break the pattern this time if you want.

Second of all. I can give you the permission to auto Fuyuki if needed or you think that I'm taking too long to post.

Also, how long would it take for Fuyuki to make Zuron's legs go numb.
I had to search "in what minus degrees (I'm referring to Celsius degrees) do legs go numb.
And basically after 5-ish minutes (maybe a bit more) in 0°C and you don't have the appropriate clothing for winter weather, symptoms of first-degrees frostbite start to occur (which includes Numbness) . Right now Fuyuki's hands are a deep blue color, so her hands are about - 15°C to - 20 °C. I'd say that it won't take that long if Zuron's only wearing jeans on his legs.

EDIT: I kinda skipped over which would I prefer I can see this go either way, or maybe Fuyuki could partially make Zurons legs numb before he frees himself from Kat or something..

Last edited:
@Jekis I'll tag you when it's over. We can say that Jakob was hurt bad enough that he didn't participate, or that he was just sorta in the background of all the activities. Itsuki will join in when the other new students do.

@IDKWhatUserNameToDo sorry if I sounded impatient. I didn't mean to be mean or bossy at all, I just wanted to do whatever was convenient for you. I'll let you respond first, you can just do a short 3-sentence post (nobody minds). I was just saying that if you can't respond (I often just can't muster a post when there isn't much to post about) I don't mind doing it. It's up to you, of course.

JPSomeone

I made Himari Akagi :''D
Oh, I thought since she deals with Lava, her hair would be in a ponytail, but if you'd rather it down I can change it

2bed5f8f-d295-11e9-aabf-21ded4e5a7ff.gif
That's some noice art stuff not gonna lie.

Also @Steel_Snek your last post XD puns about elements lol

JPSomeone

I tried to set it up to make this go by quicker. Since Kishi gave away who has the dummy, the other team can quickly reach the target, then Seo and Camden can help out Asta. Kumori and Aurora can go help Zuron. So that would make:

Ciel, Kat, Fuyuki vs Zuron (1/2 Zuron ig), Aurora, Kumori
Kishi, Jack, Himari, Hoshi vs Asta Seo Camden
Sorry for not responding, i can't find a way to fit Jack in any of the fights, or start one
This should help

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
In terms of catching up on this thread... I didn't read about the last three pages, can someone please tell me the ongoings of what everybody's doing?

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
@SwiftSwoobat (I'm not the greatest at explaining but here we go.)
Zuron's been whooped by Kat, Ciel, (And I think Hoshi was there? Idk...)
Camden and Asta are about to fight Kishi, Himari, and Jack will probably hop in later as well. Since you're part of the fight, I guess just say that you saw an attack or something (idk...)
Im fabulous at explaining, aren't I?
@JPSomeone
I just now saw this lol.
But yeah, there's Crunchyroll's ad for BNHA's third season quite often on this thread...
and since I just saw this as well, welcome back @Jekis !

JPSomeone

@SwiftSwoobat (I'm not the greatest at explaining but here we go.)
Zuron's been whooped by Kat, Ciel, (And I think Hoshi was there? Idk...)
Camden and Asta are about to fight Kishi, Himari, and Jack will probably hop in later as well. Since you're part of the fight, I guess just say that you saw an attack or something (idk...)
Im fabulous at explaining, aren't I?
@JPSomeone

I just now saw this lol.
But yeah, there's Crunchyroll's ad for BNHA's third season quite often on this thread...
and since I just saw this as well, welcome back @Jekis !
Naw your only second best. Your behind Idk, Barefoot, and Hallow.

Also just making sure Kishi, Hoshi, and Himari are on the same team while Camden, Asta, Seo, and maybe Jack are on the same team? I'm a tad confused.

Hey guys- I know we're getting hyped on this battle scene. But I think it's time to wrap it up- keep in mind that others are still waiting. Now that a real battle has begun- let's get someone to smash the dummy :D.

All confusion was solved for those who are just joining back in, correct?

So, I have been wanting to do some super hero/super power RPs recently and thought this would be a good place to start. Of course, there is a crap ton of stuff that has happened in this RP and I won't be able to read through it all. ^^'''

That being said, I would like to make a character, someone who has heightened primal instincts and goes crazy when provoked, but I'm not too sure whether we can have different species other than human here. Is this alright? I was just thinking of adding a werewolf or possibly a were dragon... who becomes a very small dragon and is actually kind of cute. xD Still dangerous and can't control herself when like that, but it is one of her quirks. Would that be okay, or would it be better to have a different kind of character for this?

So, I have been wanting to do some super hero/super power RPs recently and thought this would be a good place to start. Of course, there is a crap ton of stuff that has happened in this RP and I won't be able to read through it all. ^^'''

That being said, I would like to make a character, someone who has heightened primal instincts and goes crazy when provoked, but I'm not too sure whether we can have different species other than human here. Is this alright? I was just thinking of adding a werewolf or possibly a were dragon... who becomes a very small dragon and is actually kind of cute. xD Still dangerous and can't control herself when like that, but it is one of her quirks. Would that be okay, or would it be better to have a different kind of character for this?
Your hero sounds awesome! Unfourtunately onyl humans are allowed on this thread, but there is a strand of quirks (quirks are powers) called 'mutant quirks' which affect the physical appearance of a human. It would make her look like a werewolf, or part dragon. You can look up Tokoyami, Spinner, or Nezu for a better idea. I highly suggest you join :D.

Name: Drayda Nicholson
Hero Name: N/A (Will get one later)
Appearance:
  • Human: She is 5'00" (152.4 cm) and weighs 120 lbs (54.4 kg). She has dark skin, freckles, and short black hair with amber eyes. Despite her size, she is quite strong, her muscles being quite defined. There is also a little birthmark on the back of her shoulder that resembles a tiny dragon's head. Not a perfect rendition of it, but enough to give a good abstract idea. She wears tank tops and shorts with sandals. Her sandals are black, her tank tops range from a deep purple to black, and her shorts are always black. She also has a deep purple backpack.
  • Dragon: She becomes a black dragon with purple highlights and light purple spines, belly scales, and deep purple wing membranes. She is only 3'05" (104.1 cm) from draconic hand to shoulder and only weighs 70 lbs (31.6 kg) of scaly muscle. She is 4'11" (149.9 cm) from snout tip to tail tip and her wingspan is 4'05" (134.6 cm). She has a poisonous barb at the end of her tail, sharp spines from her head to the tip of her tail, amber eyes, sharp teeth and claws, and she has a very lithe appearance. Her spines can either relax and hug close to her body or tense them up so they point straight upwards.
Hero Costume: N/A (Will get one later)
Personality: She acts tough and can be arrogant, but she is super sweet on the inside. She has a no-nonsense kind of attitude towards pessimism along with being naturally curious and mischievous. She won't let anyone bring her spirits down and she is a generally optimistic person, which can make her seem slightly unrealistic at times. Once she gets friends, she is very loyal and protective of them. She has very strong emotions, which can cause her to transform a piece of her body on accident. As a dragon, she loses her human logic in favor of a very strong primal and instinctual urge to either protect those she sees or potentially hurt those she views as a threat. Whoever she was before is gone, so she tries to keep her dragon form under wraps.
Major Malfunction: She can't control her transformations, and she only transforms completely when she's under a lot of emotional or physical duress. This causes a lot of mental strain as she attempts to regain control and transform back to avoid her more primal side from hurting anyone or destroying anything. Since she can't control her quirk, she doesn't have a hero name or a hero costume and, even though she believes she can become a good hero like the ones who emerge from U.A. High, she has a fear that she will never become a good hero and will never control her powers.

Quirk: Mutant Quirk - Draconic Transformation
Explanation: She can transform her entire body into a dragon or just transform parts of her body. She can either turn her legs into dragon legs, an arm or both arms into dragon arms, grow a tail, grow sharp teeth, grow scales, or grow a pair of wings that are too small for her to properly fly, but are used for gliding and shielding. She only has some control over this and can only use them when she feels threatened. Once she transforms a part of her body, she starts to act more feral. The more parts of her transform, the more less human she'll start to act and the more animalistic she'll become. She can transform fully into a dragon, but only when under extreme emotional or physical duress and will lose herself completely. She is exceptionally strong and has heightened senses and agility when in this form, but she can't reliably control herself.
Setback: Due to her inability to control herself when she transforms and an inability to keep herself from transforming, she usually tries to hide this side of her and doesn't embrace this side of her for fear of hurting those she cares about. She couldn't go to U.A. High due to this major setback and due to her being a possible liability for the school and their students and staff in general.

Alright, now that this is done.... Question: What is the major thing that is about to happen and what is happening right now? My character can just be a transfer student from another school due to them having issues helping her trying to overcome her barrier of not accepting herself as a whole and being afraid of herself.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Oh yeah, I did some limits and other things on Seo's quirk.

First off, I made him less OP and focuses more on not being a hero, like he was supposed to be originally.

He can not overpower the animal he is, otherwise a Bombardier Beetle could do genocide, though it can't because it only repels predators. f he does that, he will need a cooldown, where he is completely immobile and cannot utilize any of the animal's key abilities.

Speaking of immobile, during the transformation, attacks will hit at least 2x harder (he sounds like a Pokemon by now...).

He has to learn more knowledge about the animal and have experience with animals like it before attempting the transforming into them, as turning into a chameleon wouldn't work without another lizard who loves living near trees, or another animal who can change it's colour.

If an animal has no bones, it will take an extreme amount of study and lectures to turn into it, as he would need to know how the animal moves without bones, it's defenses, and if it has no nervous system, that is impossible.

wait if Seo saw a dragon, that means dragons are real, he could turn into a dragon But that's just a theory, a Game Theory!