• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I could use the poll option, but i'm too tired to be arsed with it.

Instead i'm simply asking what avatars you want to see on the site. Currently we have the pinball RS pics and animations as well as all 386 Ruby/Sapphire Sprites (with the three extra deoxys).

The avatars don't have to be Pokemon related but beware that any requests for Beyblades will result in your swift decapitation.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
"Meangreen said:
I"]

Those are all the RS Pinball Portrait Sprites there are sadly. There are some original Pinball Portrait Sprites from the original game but they don't really compare.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
No-one wants any new avatars then?

*Taps Oaky on the shoulder*
You'll be hearing about that from me when I get back home. As much as I love this picture (too pixelated) I'd rather use one of my own ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yo, Gary! How'd you get your avatar to stretch that far? You didn't tell me that we have the wider range option! Now I really want my Tavern avatar up :twisted:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Dunno if you used some speshal technique to get your avatar onto the site (special in the sense of you being the Pokecharms Person and thus having Powers over the site), but I couldn't get mine uploaded at all. Trying to upload it via the button on the edit profile page gave me several billion PHP errors (mainly about lack of permissions), and trying to upload it from an existing URL gave the impression it had worked (a "success"-type message got displayed), but nothing was there when I checked my profile again!

At the moment I have my avy showing up courtesy of the "link to off-site avatar" option, but it's a wee bit annoying... and if my site ever goes down for some reason, people reading some thread I've posted in might get errors depending on how their browser handles image loading. So, er... yeah.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm pretty sure Gary uploaded his to the main 'Charms site, then linked to it on the forums. It seems to me that the forums won't let anyone upload their avatars straight from their hard drives. Sure wouldn't allow me to :?

EDIT:

For anyone who wants free webhosting to upload pics, try out http://imagehost.biz
It's totally free, doesn't delete inactive pictures, and gives you 350mb of space.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
So that's what your problem was...

You guys should have mentioned you were getting permissions errors. I can fix that sometime soon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It wasn't giving any errors, actually. The avatars just wouldn't show up when you viewed them in your profile or on the forums ;)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Probably depends on your browser. I surf with Opera set to "medium paranoia", so faulty javascript and PHP shows up in very large letters. As a result, I pretty much never get spyware or viruses :).