1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by Doctor Oak, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

I could use the poll option, but i'm too tired to be arsed with it.

Instead i'm simply asking what avatars you want to see on the site. Currently we have the pinball RS pics and animations as well as all 386 Ruby/Sapphire Sprites (with the three extra deoxys).

The avatars don't have to be Pokemon related but beware that any requests for Beyblades will result in your swift decapitation.

2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

No-one wants any new avatars then?

3. I guess, maybe, you could toss in the different FR/LG sprites as well.

4. I'm pretty happy with the rs pinball sprites myself, they give a uniform coolness to the av's. Are there any more?

5. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Gardevoir sprites are fine with me, but if you can, a Shiny Gardevoir would be nice.

6. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

7. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

*Taps Oaky on the shoulder*
    You'll be hearing about that from me when I get back home. As much as I love this picture (too pixelated) I'd rather use one of my own ;)

8. But Pixellation is trendy :wink: . Trust me on this one.

9. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

He actually speaks the truth. Pixel-art is the 'in-thing' these days.

10. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Not when I have better Raichu pictures. This one's going bye-bye ;)

11. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Feh!

I can't get my Buffy sprite up! Damn it!

12. I'm happy with my plusle sprite with the trendy pixelation. No new avatars is fine by me.

13. eh, I can't get my av to show up either. Time for a new one, rofl

14. You need some sprite avvys. Like trainer sprites? And hopefully you'll use some custom-made ones. :wink:

15. Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

*Laughs* If thats the case, you can use any of my custom trainer sprites.

16. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Yo, Gary! How'd you get your avatar to stretch that far? You didn't tell me that we have the wider range option! Now I really want my Tavern avatar up :twisted:

17. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

There's no limit seemingly.

18. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

Dunno if you used some speshal technique to get your avatar onto the site (special in the sense of you being the Pokecharms Person and thus having Powers over the site), but I couldn't get mine uploaded at all. Trying to upload it via the button on the edit profile page gave me several billion PHP errors (mainly about lack of permissions), and trying to upload it from an existing URL gave the impression it had worked (a "success"-type message got displayed), but nothing was there when I checked my profile again!

At the moment I have my avy showing up courtesy of the "link to off-site avatar" option, but it's a wee bit annoying... and if my site ever goes down for some reason, people reading some thread I've posted in might get errors depending on how their browser handles image loading. So, er... yeah.

19. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

I'm pretty sure Gary uploaded his to the main 'Charms site, then linked to it on the forums. It seems to me that the forums won't let anyone upload their avatars straight from their hard drives. Sure wouldn't allow me to :?

EDIT:

For anyone who wants free webhosting to upload pics, try out http://imagehost.biz
    It's totally free, doesn't delete inactive pictures, and gives you 350mb of space.

20. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

So that's what your problem was...

You guys should have mentioned you were getting permissions errors. I can fix that sometime soon.

21. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

It wasn't giving any errors, actually. The avatars just wouldn't show up when you viewed them in your profile or on the forums ;)

22. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably depends on your browser. I surf with Opera set to "medium paranoia", so faulty javascript and PHP shows up in very large letters. As a result, I pretty much never get spyware or viruses :).

23. Soooooooooooooo...............tell me again why I'm stuck with a stupid Alakazam avatar? :?