• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Attention All Mods.

I'm pretty sure I'll get banned for this but here it goes:

I just saw a thread where someone got banned just for having bad grammar, tell me exactly how a forum is supposed to be composed of people with top notch grammar. I find it completely unfair that you would just ban a member for the simple fact of using "u" and "r". Not to mention other people get banned for the most insignificant things. You ban him/her just because it bugs you personally? It feels like a jail more then a forum.

But, that's just my opinion.

It stated in Stellarwind's explanation that it was a repeated offense, meaning he wasn't even trying to use good grammar. Remember, you should at least try to be considerate of other Charms' users and make your posts readable. Also, this probably isn't the right place for this topic anyway.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Zarazin already had one warning when he made that post too... So one even if only one warning was given for the repeated bad grammar, it is also stated that he had been making quite a few short posts... otherwise known as spam.

I'm kind of hoping this thread stays open... even if it does need to be moved.
It seems like a magnet for once warned n00bs to come and get themselves BanHammered for complaining... ;D
Good ol' entertainment...

The fact that this is posted in a Pokemon games discussion forum is not going to help your case either, Arrogance. You probably should have found a better place to file this complaint. I understand where you are coming from, I'm not going to say you don't have a point. But since the person was warned and did repeatedly use poor grammar AND spam posts that were short, they did sort of have it coming.

In fact I apologize for posting on something placed in the wrong area, but I just wanted to help get the point across.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Kekekeke, Michieru is right. This belongs in the site feedback forum. Check the forum descriptions next time. =D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Technically, you should have used 'than' rather than 'then'. If I were THIS much of a grammar nazi I would have shot you for this, but I'm not. Contrary to what you may personally believe, none of us honestly expect members to have 'top notch' grammar. We DO, however, expect them to speak English rather than n00blish, and not to post things that are like... three words long, as if they were in some kind of chat rather than a forum.

Ref: the Rules.

3. Please try to use ENGLISH rather than Gibberish. That means paragraphs, punctuation, spelling, grammar, and of course, no talking in ALL CAPS, for that is akin to shouting and is generally frowned upon. And it ticks the hell off out of some of us.

Most of Zarazin's posts had none of the above to the point of being unreadable without having to actually think WHAT that creature was saying. Plus, most of them were insipidly short. The fact Zarazin only had one warning only means that their offenses went unnoticed - which does happen sometimes. When a member breaks the rules, it causes me (at least) to look into said member's other posts and see if any other violations took place - and sometimes it DOES warrant an insta-ban.

If this was an isolated incident, I would have shrugged it off - but this was a pattern I've noticed in most of Zarazin's posts. And really? Sometimes, the best cure for SPAM is prevention. As a rule we DO stick to the warning three-strikes-and-you're-out system, but we DO reserve the right to ban people we deem 'beyond help' as we see fit.

Anyway, your name is quite becoming of you, Arrogance, for honestly, who are you to judge what "the most insignificant things" are? If people violate board rules, they get warned. Most people would see a warning and take it for what it is - a warning. If they made an honest mistake, they would do their best not to repeat it and adhere to the rules of the board from then on. If they however blatantly ignore the rules or act as if they haven't read them in the first place, then frankly, they are asking to be banned. Running this board and keeping some sort of quality is not as easy as you may think, and from my personal experience, if we didn't, we'd end up degenerating to the level of certain other boards which shall not be named - but I'm sure you all know who I'm personally referring to.

Also, as multiple people here pointed out (and Sem warned you for), the Pok