• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (Discussion)

Since all the RPer spots have been taken, should I make this Private/Closed? Spectating char's, tho.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's alright Taku. Do it when you have time. The show won't start without you. Once you are finally able to get on, I would suggest timeskipping yourself over to the stadium.

I'm probably going to be time skipping my character once I get back from a bit of work. Hopefully my little otter will not be causing too much trouble at the tournament.

*Candyman.EXE can be seen using Quick Fix to grant himself 250 temporary HP and 50% increased speed while following up with Confection Blast*

*Candyman talks to his operator while agreeing to use Quick Gauge soon to allow time to flow faster*

I might be making a giant post soon since I will likely be having some character interaction with a new character of mine that the RP Creator gave me permission to have. (After putting in his bio soon or a bit later of corse.)

I'm waiting for everyone to make a post that they are at the tournament XD I'll be controlling the host, who will guide everyone through on how to register specifically for this tournament. What is going to happen is that the host will give you all a paper or something to fill out what you have accomplished and what your team is going to be, as well as if they can swim or not.

tbh i equate most tournaments to big sports games. there'll definitely be food vendors around in that case, plus Pichu also mention therell be housing for those who are participating since im pretty positive all the battles wont happen in a single day. if its anything like how im doing mine, audience members can come and go as they please, but if youre smart youre likely to stay and watch to see how your opponent battles.

In celebration of the Liberation of the Tower held North of Peril Cliffs of the Almia Region, the people of this peaceful region decided to make a tournament to allow humans and Pokémon from across the globe to come together and either participate in friendly, yet competitive battles or spectate from the stands in our specialized elliptical stadium. We have cameras that view every angle of the battlefield and will be displayed on the Jumbotron over the battlefield, so the audience can view the battle if they are at the top of the bleachers or just can’t see. We have concession stands outside of the tournament to help feed and refresh tournament goers, as well as having the busboys from these concession stands walk around the bleachers to give people their refreshments during the battles.

The host will be there at the front doors to greet you all and help set up the concession stands. He’ll also help you register at the front desk if you need it.

There will be rooms for the participants to reside in, as well as refreshments in the tournament building, which is connected to the battle arena by a short, flexi-glass-covered hallway. The hallway will open up in the middle of the battle arena, which is where the battle participants will be expected to greet each other, offer some good sportsmanship, and then head off toward their side of the battleground.

Aside from residential rooms and the refreshment bar for both participants and viewers alike, there is also a gym to train up your Pokémon before the battles begin, a daycare for your younger Pokémon you decide to take with you, and a personal PokeMart and PokeCenter, as well as mock fields in the basement underneath the gym that are similar to the fields in the battle arena, which will change throughout the course of the battles held there by way of molecular hyper transmission only possible by the Psychic-Types who use this technique (and I mean the battle arena, not the mock fields underneath the gym. Those don’t change). To avoid bias in our Pokémon’s placement of obstacles, we don’t show them the placement of the Pokémon, nor when these trainers or Pokémon will battle, but are given a hologram to guide their ability, as well as knowing the location of the battlefield by heart to be able to change it so precisely. We encourage more evenly dispersed obstacles, but they might cause one side to be heavily or just slightly covered in more obstacles than the other side. If a Zoroark or some other Pokémon wants to change the layout of the battlefield, then they can, but the people who made the arena won’t be very keen on that.

Each stage will be decided randomly (i.e. by a random number generator; I will not change the placement of the stages in the list). The water stage will not be chosen if both of the participants Pokémon cannot swim. If the stages get destroyed, no worries! The stage can merely be reconstructed in another battle. Your Pokémon getting too wild on the battlefield and you’re afraid of them hurting the audience? Don’t worry! There is a special field/barrier protecting the audience (including the Jumbotron and cameras) from all attacks, similar to a permanent and electrically generated Protect.

Basically my first post XD

*a Zorua could be seen trickstabbing three pyros with a strafing matador stab with his australium knife while headshotting a scout pursuing him with the festive ambassador*

I’ll be having another giant post with a time skip since I don’t exactly want to get into every second of Scott with his Flygon flying towards the registering area.

Well... I suppose the time skip might be an order for the rest of us then. (Including me since I’m going to be attempting to finish up on my post and skip my character to go to the area.)

*??? could be seen using Focal Eye to slow his perception of time to 0.05x speed at the cost of his PP Gauge decreasing a lot while following up with Rebuttal Blade to counter an attack*

It is closed, but you can make spectating characters. If that's the case, then maybe I should leave it as Ask to Join... This is why I made a poll about it XD wasn't too sure.

It is closed, but you can make spectating characters. If that's the case, then maybe I should leave it as Ask to Join... This is why I made a poll about it XD wasn't too sure.

I'm already apart of the Tournament, but haven't posted yet. That's why I said, IC (In Character). I'm working on a post now, and I need to know for my post.

List of people battling in the tournament:

The RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/annual-almia-tournament-rp.19012/

See?

Last edited:
It is not invite only, I only summoned people who were interested in the tournament. You are free to post, since I did accept you and your character as a participant in the tournament battle.