• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (Discussion)

Since all the RPer spots have been taken, should I make this Private/Closed? Spectating char's, tho.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m still attempting to work on my giant post since I’m as sick as a lil’ Neourk that can hardly even get out of bed as a result of being so pale.

*??? could be seen countering against someone’s argument, as he stands his ground and exposes their weak points and contradictions in their argument*

What is the info involving the gondolas. Like is there a guide taking them down there, and would it be possible to arrive via a Pokemon? Cause I'll probably try to head your way once I find a way to cross the raging rivers of Almia make it to that area.

Gondola is the lift that takes them up the mountain, but you’re allowed to climb or ride a Pokémon. Flying is faster, etc.

Edit: As far as I know there’s no guide until the stadium.

Last edited:
Also, the host is an NPC you all can use, until the battles. After my post, the host should be done trying to wrestle with the kids, so he'll be able to tell people where to go and what to do. The receptionist will give more detail as people ask questions. I'll make the bracket for the people soon.

I know we have a few inactive peeps, so I'll ping them here to let them know we are very close to battling and that I'll make tournament, unless you want to do the tournament randomization thing @Mr.Glaceon XD We have 32 battlers and 12 characters who will be battling (I didn't count Wally because his character sheet hadn't been made yet that I'm aware of). That means that 20 NPCs will be there to fill the brackets. You can automatically win against the NPCs, and battles will happen one at a time, so just make a large post glancing through, but also putting in some detail about what had happened. Every person will be against an NPC in the qualification round.

@Takumeme666420, I kind of know your situation, but are you able to battle at all?
@Top_Smug_, you alright there? Or were you just waiting on the RP to advance?
@Sukoku, you able to battle, yet? Or were you waiting for the plot to advance, too?

I think I got all the ones that were more inactive. XD

It's alright. I have college with 3 4-credit classes, two of them are online while the other one I have to leave on Mondays and Wednesdays for. Plus, every hour there I have to do around 3 hours a week. Basically 15 hours for one of my classes, and then the remaining hours on the other two online classes, plus Pokecharms, a job I work on the weekends for, and to put time off for myself and my boyfriend XD I don't know why I decided to make an RP with that much on my plate, but I'm doing quite well :3

Pretty Pichu - Sean (Battler)
Takumeme666420 - Danny (Battler), Serena (Battler)
Kibago - Scott (Battler)
vaultie - Atlas (Battler), Guzma (Battler)
Eis - Nina (Battler)
Ninian - Colress (Battler), Seven of Nine (Battler's Pokemon)
Top_Smug_ - Parker (Battler)
Mr.Glaceon - Maximus (Battler)
Ry_Burst - Ry (Battler)
Sukoku - Mike (Battler)

Cool :3 although, Ry and Atty, as well as Scott and Colress are battling each other instead of NPCs :/ I'll leave the brackets as is, but can I at least change where two of the four will be?

Atty is good being in section 5, but section 2, Kibago's character Scott would be paired up with Pichu's character Sean in only the very, very first round, which we want to avoid.. thats the only mistake i can see tbh.

i was actually hoping both Guzma and Atty could get decently far enough- if the bracket could somehow be arranged that she and Guzma could go far enough to have a battle together in the top 4 for a side, thatd be great actually. although I would have Atty win against Guz, I don't exactly envision her winning the entire tournament either.

of course i'd help organize a bracket sheet as well, but i was also kind of hoping to hear what everyone else wanted for their characters. that way itd be easier to pair up those who want to lose with those who want to win.

so ill say my preferences now: atty and guz make it to the top 4 for a side/top 8 overall, atty beats guz, she moves on to the semifinals for her side, but loses her semifinal match.

depending on how far everyone wants to see their character go and the amount of unused npcs, im sure we could all work something out.

If Colress/Seven aren't directly interacted with before I'm done eating (hour or two?) I'll probably progress them so that they go to register. I'll probably open-endedly imply Nina followed, but you can always not have her go along with it @Eis . Just so they're caught up/in the same general area as everyone else.

This has slowed down to a crawl, and my characters are juuuusssst too far away to reasonably interact with anyone. I give permission for anyone to bunny or fade to black or whatever to get stuff going again. XD