• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [RP]

"Woah! I haven't seen that Pokèmon before!" Sedna exclaimed as her dark red eyes followed the poison Pokèmon, in pure awe as it chased after the Lopunny. "Amazing...!"

Mawile was pleased to find out just what kind of Pokèmon this trainer had and happily returned to Sedna's side.

"That's so amazing! I don't have very high patience for losing battles... so I rarely have to rematch. So far, I only had to rematch one gym leader in Sinnoh. I hate - hate - HATE losing!" Sedna pouted as she groaned to her emotions contempt. Afterwards, she rose her eyes back to the trainer she was now feeling awe for. "I can't believe you've battled so many people! I was pondering a battle to get a feel for Alola... but your experience really proves that I'm leagues below you!"

Mawile watched the ordeal going on between Salazzle and Lopunny. In amusement to see a potential battle, Mawile placed her two hands on her chest and waited to see what was going on.

"I'm so jealous you have family that have met Trainer Red! I grew up hearing about the legend of Red - trainers going to the very top of the mountain and leaving it with no healthy Pokèmon! Trainers and Gym Leaders fell before him with his awe inspiring Pikachu! He's the reason why I want to be the Champion of the Sinnoh League! You see, I also battled against Cynthia when I was first starting off. When I lost, she suggested that I try the coordinator events in Hearthome City and after I made my first victory, she gave me an Eevee egg. From there, I--" Sedna cut herself short as she snatched a pokeball from her side, hidden behind her shirt. After placing it in her hand, she tossed it up in the air as it cracked open and exposed the Pokèmon inside.

A Glaceon appeared in front of Sedna, looking up at her with a curious expression.

"This is Glaceon, the only proof I have that I know who Cynthia is~" Sedna said with a giggle.

Pyros smiled quite big as he found that she was idolizing him in a way. He chuckled, happy to give his information to her if she ever wanted. He was a walking Pokedex after all. 30 years of experiencing Pokemon really puts a hole in your brain for all kinds of Pokemon knowledge. Pyros suddenly noticed the Mawile leave his leg. He chuckled, noticing that the Mawile had left. Well, then.

"That is a Poison- and Fire-Type Salazzle. They aren't usually found anywhere, but are found when a female Salandit gets trained enough. Salandits are usually found on Akala Island, right before you get to the Fire Trial on Route 8 and in Wela Volcano Park. Salazzles are very... Well, promiscuous Pokemon, and can make any male Pokemon and any male humans fall for them by just creating a strong and very pleasant pheromone. Of course, it gets a little awkward when her trainer is male...."

He had flashbacks to when she had first evolved and Pyros had to stop himself from following Ennewt around like a lost puppy. Arceus only knew what kind of prank Ennewt would pull, now that she was out. He then shook himself out of it and replied some more.

"Hey, and I hated losing, too. The only way to stop yourself from losing is to learn your mistakes and try again. It never hurts to try again, even if it makes you seem too hopeful for your own good. And I'm only leagues above you because I'm 30, and I'm guessing you're... What? 13? 14? You still have a lot to experience, and I'm hoping you find lots of it to help you and your Pokemon grow."

With that, he noticed the Glaceon and smiled towards it. He listened to her doting on Red and Cynthia, and he just chuckled. It was pretty cute, he wasn't going to lie. He got out of his seat and knelt down, giving Glaceon his hand, so that the Pokemon can sniff his scent and accept him so he can pet it. Kyukon jumped from her seat and nuzzled the Mawile playfully. Pyros decided to speak again after she was done.

"Well, that's pretty cool! That could mean that Cynthia sees a lot of potential in you, especially in the contests. I could definitely see you winning a contest. Your Glaceon also looks really well-groomed and well-taken care of. Your Mawile, too. You seem to be a fine Pokemon trainer, so I thank you for being kind and loving towards your Pokemon."

Last edited:
Sedna smiled at the sight - her Mawile making friends so easily and quickly after moments of being in a whole new region. Her eyes lit up when she saw her Glaceon smile at the man and lick his hand nicely.

"I guess that makes sense. Cynthia may have taken shine to me but... She's so busy that I rarely get to get advice from her. You, however, seem full of it! Is there anything you can tell me that might help me in my Elite Four Challenge!?"

Mawile took the playful hint to heart and bounced up and down in excitement. However, she tends to get carried away with her large mouth protruding from her back side and this was likely going to be no different.

Kyukon had played roughly before with Pokemon literally covered in scythes (aka a Bisharp and a whole band of Pawniards). Kyukon just got into a playful stance and bounced around in a circle, wagging her nine, glossy tails. Kyukon nudged Mawile's chest playfully and made an adorable sound while pawing the cute Pokemon.

Pyros smiled warmly and pat the Glaceon's head, getting behind the ears. He knew most Glaceons loved being pet behind the ears, so hopefully, this was no different. Plus, he knew that Glaceons typically didn't like to be pet on the icy dangles that drape from her icy crest on her forehead, but loved being pet on the icy crest itself. He decided to go for it and scratched the boundary between the icy crest and the icy fur, and rubbed a thumb on the icy crest.

Pyros thought for a moment, lost in thought as he pet the adorable Glaceon. He then came up with a few ideas. "You can do what I did, and research about the many strategies the Elite Four use and then make up a strategy that best suits you and your Pokemon to counteract their strategy. They're smart, so they will know if you have done your research, so they will try to switch it up a bit. If that happens, go with your gut and trust in your Pokemon, and have your Pokemon trust in you. What also helps is using code words you can teach your Pokemon, so your Pokemon can do a specific action or a series of specific actions that would leave your opponent confused as to what you are doing until it is too late. You can also just try to wing it and depend on luck, but that is what I've tried and it obviously doesn't work too well against the Elite Four. Normally, I can go right through a Pokemon's defenses with speed and power, overwhelm them enough to get them to panic and cause the Pokemon to attack and ignore the orders made by their trainer. Although, since the Elite Four's Pokemon are smart and calm enough in battle, overwhelming them to the point of blind and deaf panic wouldn't work. Of course, that has worked for me really well in other battles, but probably not so much with you if you tried to use it. I suggest you find a style that best suits your Pokemon and yourself, and go for it. A tourney like this can really help you learn, and especially so if you happen to lose. Instead of wallowing in your defeat, you can remember what you had done wrong and then work around that."

Last edited:
Atty couldn't keep sitting and just watching any longer. The fact that the two talking had brought up Cynthia, of all people, gave her a bit of excitement she just couldn't control. With her plate finished, she left her money and tip for the waitress to pick up later.

Ruby hopped up, scrambling onto her small trainer's shoulders, now at the same eye level as her as she peered around with her feline-like eyes. Atty mentally prepared herself, trying to put on a more professional sounding air and act her age. She cleared her throat, walking up to the table, though it was becoming a bit crowded with all the Pokemon, even looking like some were ready to start a fight. If theres one thing she could count on, though, it was that all her Pokemon were exceptionally well-trained.

"Um- Excuse me!" She politely butted into the conversation, hoping her presence wouldn't be an annoyance. "I couldn't help but overhear you all talking about the upcoming tournament, and leagues and Champions and that sort of stuff... I just wanted to introduce myself, since I'm going to be apart of it as well. My name is Atlas- Most just call me Atty, though. I'll be representing Mistralton City, since that's where I'm from, and uh... Oh! This here is Ruby."

The Weavile gave a mewl in response, greeting the trainers and their Pokemon with a toothy grin.

Pyros took a moment and paused, standing back up after petting the Glaceon. He smiled and introduced himself, as well. "Hello, Atlas. My name is Pyroshu, but most call me Pyros. My Kantonian Ninetales' name over here is Kyukon. I'll be representing Mt. Moon, since I live North of the mountain range. You also have an adorable Weavile. Nice to meet you."

Pyros was so distracted, that the waiter came back with all of Pyros' orders. Every malasada in a box except for two. He took his and Kyukon, and gave it to Kyukon, who took a moment to stuff it in her mouth, savor it for a moment, then swallowed while hardly chewing it, since it melted in her mouth. She then went back to playing with Mawile. Pyros also took a bite of his spicy malasada and thought for a moment and asked the man if he could also give him a mythic malasada. The waiter nodded and left. The waiter came back moments later to give Pyros the mythic malasada.

Pyros smiled and gave the man quite a lot of money, even managing to pay Shiori's bit of food, too. He told Shiori that he was paying for his food, and he turned back to Atty and her Ruby. He first asked if it was alright for Ruby to try a piece of the mythic malasada. He offered a mythic malasada for her Ruby to try, since he figured Ruby hadn't had one, yet. He was pretty sure the flurry of flavors and colors would surprise the Sharp Claw Pokemon.

Last edited:
"Oh, sure!" Atty leaned forward, allowing Ruby to do the same and grab the treat. "What do we say, Ruby?"

Ruby was just about to bite into the malasada when Atty reminded her of her manners, the weasel looking back up to Pyros. She gave another meow-sounding sound, her way of saying thanks, before sinking her teeth into the Mythic Malasada. Even though she had just ate, there was no way the Pokemon could turn down as something as yummy as this. Her tail flicked in joy, devouring the confection almost too quickly.

"Thank you for that," Atty smiled at Pyros, appreciating his kindness despite just meeting him. That seemed to be a common theme in Alola, though, with most everyone she met being very hospitable. "Not to sound like I was eavesdropping, but I could hear you two talk about Cynthia over here. I've had the chance to meet her in person quickly a couple times, and she's a pretty big inspiration to me. I actually named my own Garchomp after her... That's not creepy, is it?"

"Hey, you hungry?" She told her sylveon as she was reading while walking and she had bumped about 7 persons "sy-sylveon!" The sylveon replied. She looked at another book which is about alola and said "Look! Malasadas! My favorite!" She liked this because her father gave her once. She put her book in his bag and ran to the nearest malsada store.
She tripped at a trainers digglet and once again sent flying, and falling to 3 trainers talking. one of them has a ninetails, and one of them has a weavile "uhm, hello..." she went down the table and wiped her skirt "deja vu. I am veeeery sorry about that. I can be a bit of a clumsy person. I am Maxene Nial Vogel. The daughter of the castelia city's mayor and also the one representing it. Alola!" Then she smiled

Last edited:
When Sedna had begun talking about Red, Shiori couldn't help but to let out a little laugh. His uncle always told a funny story about when he had encountered Red. Snapping out of the memory, Shiori continued to watch the conversation between Pyros and Sedna. There was something about the way he talked that reminded him of someone...

Raza, on the other hand, was watching the antics of the other Pokemon in the shop with a slightly bored expression. Shiori's Xtranciever chimed, and he looked down at the watchlike device in his wrist. It was his director, Jean Pierre. The man that had given him the role of Marine Knight Gyarados in the Order of the Dragons movies!
"Excuse me, I gotta take this call." Shiori said to everyone, then got up from the booth and walked out of the restaurant with Raza following him. The two nearly bumped into a girl with a slyveon on their way out.

"Bonjour, mom ami! How eez eet in ze Alola region?" Jean asked in his thick Kalos accent. Shiori couldn't help but to smile.
"It's pretty nice here. A great vacation idea, if I do say so myself." Shiori said.
"Wonderful! I have just received news that the package you asked for has been dropped off at your hotel room." Jean said. Shiori smiled again, then looked excitedly at Raza. This time, even Raza smiled at her trainer's visible excitement.
"Thanks, Jean. This really means a lot to me." Shiori said. The director shrugged.
"Eet eez, eh, no problem! Just try not to destroy eet, okay?" Jean said. He signed off, and the Xtransciever went dark.
"Nice!" Shiori said to Raza, giving his disguised Zoroark a thumbs up. Raza smiled, and gave her trainer a thumbs up back, then the two walked back into the Malasada shop.

As James saw the Lopunny preparing to launch a dizzy punch he let out a sharp whistle. Then seemingly the Linoone vanished not a trace of it was left in the seat before it appeared next to James and Pyros. The small Pokemon had reared its head back preparing a shadow ball. James absently waved it off as his Pokémon cancelled it’s Shadow Ball.
“Well it seems that some people have trouble controlling their Pokemon. Lucky my LInoone is one of the fastest of its species,” James said while looking toward the Lopunny’s trainer in disappointment.
“Did I hear that someone wants to challenge Cynthia for her title. Well get in the line then cause I’m going to be the Sinnoh Champion,” James stated proudly. “The trainer know as Red is a monster on the field just like Pyros says . I know from first hand experience. During training I had visited Mount Silver and got stuck in his cave during a blizzard. I had challenged him to a battle while I waited out the storm and needless to say he destroyed my entire team using his Snorlax,” James told everyone.

Last edited:
Sedna perked up at Atty's words and eyed her. Since she didn't get along with females very well she didn't say anything at all from the get go.

Mawile, on the other hand, halted playing with the Ninetails to say "Hi," to the Weavile again as she approached the dark-and-ice type Pokèmon.

"Ma! Wile!" Mawile chirped as it seemed really happy to be around the Weavile.

"Okay, Glaceon, return." Was the only thing Sedna had said during this ordeal.

After Glaceon returned to it's pokeball, she looked up at the most recent words towards her.

"You're also trying to be the Champion of Sinnoh!? Oh boy..." Sedna whined, disregarding the section about Red.

Ruby continued to play along, giving a "mrrp" sound to the Mawile as she waved down from atop her trainer's shoulders.

Atty, however, noticed Sedna eye her, quirking an eyebrow at the hostility that came off from the young girl. She wasn't being that annoying, was she? She listened in on James' story, speaking up after he had finished and Sedna had also thrown her comment in. "As much as I idolize Cynthia, I don't plan on becoming a Champion anytime soon, believe me. It's not that I don't think I'm skilled enough, it's more like... I'm afraid of what would happen if I DID somehow win. The attention and responsibility just sounds like too much. Besides, I'm still missing the eighth badge from Sinnoh, anyways..." Her train of thought was interrupted when another young female- quite literally- fell into the scene, introducing herself as if nothing was wrong.

Still, it was good meeting someone else from Unova. Atty could only give a warm smile, introducing herself as well. "Atty. Nice to meet you, Maxene. I'm glad to hear you're from Unova, I was beginning to think I was the only one."

Pyros listened to what was going on. He watched as Shiori left to take a call, probably some important business offer, and there was some tension created when Atty joined the conversation. He guessed that Sedna wasn't exactly too fond of females, as she was really bubbly with him and Shiori. He also joined in, agreeing with Atty about not wanting to be a champion.

"I agree with you, Atlas. I don't want to be a champion, which was why I turned down the offer in Unova and Hoenn, even after the unofficial battles. They asked me if I wanted to beat them in a more official match and I declined. I would if I had the same freedom of running around the regions and not having to be pestered by young trainers, who think they have what it takes to beat me when they've only got a couple of badges, as well as not having to be pestered by business offers and crime syndicates and expected to follow trends and such. I'd rather not have such a large following of people as well, since I don't want my family to get hurt by the popularity rise. My brother is already quite popular on PokeTube as a gamer, same with my sister. She goes by Merciless Medic, and my brother goes by Zap Man. My brother has quite a bit of subscribers, and wherever he goes, he has people recognize him by his mannerism and voice. It gets quite scary, as we've had people stalk us home and try to take our Pokemon and our items before. We decided it was best to stay away from public eye."

He knew that maybe it wasn't a good idea on saying the names of his siblings out loud in a shop, but most of their audience comes from Kanto and Johto anyway. It wasn't like anybody from Alola would've heard of them, and if they did, they were quite modest about it. His reverie got interrupted when a young girl arrived, and introduced herself as Maxene. He had no idea how many times he'll have to say his name, but it was getting a little ridiculous. He introduced himself again, still retaining the same flair he had when he first introduced himself, but his patience was growing a tad thin.

"My name is Pyroshu, but you may call me Pyros. Nice to meet you and your Sylveon, Maxene. My Salazzle over there is Ennewt, and my Kantonian Ninetales over here is Kyukon."

Last edited:
"Unova, huh? Interesting..." Sedna said quietly to herself as she pondered with a finger over her lips. She needed friends and although she disliked women from childhood, Atty felt different. So, she decided it was time to be friends.

"I'm sure you heard my name already. But, I'm Sedna. It's nice to meet you, Atty." Sedna said with a half smile - not sounding nearly as energetic as she was when introducing herself to Pyros but definitely not lacking emotion in her tone.

Mawile hopped back over to the Ninetails and attempted to climb onto the back of Ninetails while checking out the mass amount of tials the fire Pokèmon possessed on its body.

"Mawile!" Mawile exclaimed in fascination. Mawile really only had her large second mouth to compare to a tail so when she discovered the numerous tails, she was in awe.

Kyukon let the Mawile climb on her back and fanned out her tails so the Mawile can get a better view. Funny thing was, Kyukon isn't much as a harbor of grudges, so anyone she likes could touch her tails without a curse being set upon them. She let one of her tails slink across the Mawile's head and let her play with her long and soft fur. She smiled brightly, mainly because she loved it when smaller Pokemon used her as a ride.

Pyros gathered his boxes of other malasadas and whistled sharply. Zarda, his Charizard, flew down to the nearest window, and he stuck out the spicy malasada for her to eat. She stuck her head through the window and gingerly took the offering from Pyros. She then let it sit in her mouth after she chomped it, reveling in the spiciness before swallowing it whole.

Last edited:
Sedna went wide eyed for what felt like the one hundredth time today.

"You have a Charizard!? No way!" Sedna exclaimed as she followed Pyros. Rarely had she seen a Charmander much less a Charizard coming down from the sky. "What kind of other Pokèmon do you have?"

Meanwhile, Mawile was enjoying herself way too much, and out of enjoyment itself, her large mouth accidently bit down on Ninetails's Tail that Mawile was allowed to play with. Instantly, Mawile began apologizing frantically.

Kyukon yelped a little, and looked back to see the Mawile apologize profusely. Kyukon felt bad for the Mawile, so she nuzzled her to to tell her it was alright, and chirped to tell her that she was fine. Zarda looked at this adorable girl and she immediately fell in love. She looked like an adorable little doll. Pyros saw the look in Zarda's eyes when she saw Sedna and he laughed out loud, his hearty laugh booming throughout the area they were in. He had to explain himself, surely.

"Well, it seems that Zarda already has taken a liking to you, Sedna. Zarda, this is Sedna. Sedna, this is Zarda, my birth Pokemon. In my family's culture, a birth Pokemon is a Pokemon that was born on the same day as the trainer, and that meant they were destined to be together. Zarda is my age, 30 years old. She's too experienced to be allowed in the tournament, so she's my ferry around the regions. She acts like a mother, and so I'm guessing that she thinks of you as an adorable little girl she can take care of. I don't know why she is so motherly, as she had never had children in her life. She's probably getting to that age where she starts treating everyone like her children. That could be why..."

Zarda waved a claw at Sedna, growling happily. Pyros then asked: "Do you want to go outside and see her? She's taller than the average Charizard mind you. They're supposed to be five foot seven inches on average. She's well above that... Eleven inches to be exact."

Last edited:
Shiori walked over to Pyros and Sedna, still very excited. He couldn't keep a smile off his face. This tournament was really going to be a throwback to his past. He couldn't wait until the tournament.
"This tournament is going to be fantastic!" Shiori said to Pyros. Glancing over, he noticed Sedna.
"My apologies!" Shiori said to Sedna, his more eccentric behavior beginning to slip back in. He gave a deep, dramatic bow. "Shiori Fujimoto, at your service."
Raza shook her head, but couldn't help but to smile at her trainer's happiness.

Pyros saw that Shiori was all smiles when he came back in. Something must've happened on the call to cause him to be extremely happy. Pyros agreed ecstatically about the tournament. He then decided to spill the beans that he knew him from somewhere, since it was really bugging him. "Hell, yea it will! Also, one more thing... You seem familiar. One of my sister's friends... Angel, was it? Yea, Angel said she saw you and became one of your friends in some tournament a long time ago. Are you really him? If so, you've grown quite a bit since then. Nice to finally meet you."

A couple of his Pokemon really wanted out of their Poke Balls, since they sensed the delicious aroma of malasadas near their confines. They wiggled about to let Pyros know that he needed to leave the shop soon, so his Pokemon don't cram the space they were in. Even though the cafe was quite spacious, it wasn't advisable to have such large Dragon-Types in the room.

Last edited:
Shiori's eyes widened, and even Raza perked up and looked at Pyros.
"What...?" Shiori said, surprised. "You know Angel?"
Shiori smiled again, ran a hand through his hair, then let out a laugh.
"Dang... And here I was nervous about being recognized as an actor. Ah, whatever! Yea, that's me!" Shiori said. He rubbed his chin and thought back. "Dang, that was... How many years ago? My last tournament anyway. How's Angel doing?"

"Wow! You two know each other?" Sedna said as she placed a hand on her hip. Her left hand went to forming a peace sign over her forehead - outwards with a wide smile. "It's very nice to meet you, sir."

Mawile cuddled up to the Ninetails in a desperate attempt to remove any pain that may or may not have been caused by the big mouth of Mawile.

Pyros chuckled happily and nodded toward Sedna. He then gave Shiori a very dramatic thumbs up, something that would now befit his personality. "Hell, yea. She's doing fantastic. After she lost in the tournament, she has been touring around the various regions and teaching people and their Pokemon how to dance, and teaching people that Dark- and Fairy-Type Pokemon aren't all that bad, as well as teaching people about Showcases from Kalos and Z-Crystals and trials in Alola if they ever do want to venture there. When I told her that I was going to be leaving to a tournament, she said that she wouldn't be surprised if a friend of hers was there, and she sends you a hug and a smile. Same with her Zorro and your Shaza. She was thinking about coming along, but she got quite ill right before I left, so now she's crashing at my family's ranch," he said with such enthusiasm, that the shaking of the Poke Balls at his belt caught him by surprise. He looked down and saw that his Pokemon were trying to leave for the malasadas. He chuckled and offered Sedna, Atty, and Shiori, as well as everyone else who wanted to follow him. He was going to keep his Pokemon a secret, but he decided that these people were nice enough. "Do you guys want to head outside? I bought a bunch of malasadas for the rest of my Pokemon and they all want out... Problem is, they are all wayyyy to big to fit in this dinky little cafe."

Kyukon told the Mawile it was okay over and over again, hoping to cheer up the Mawile. She curled around the Mawile in a protective, yet soft cream colored ball and licked her on the cheek, allowing her a cuddly blanket of warmth to rest in before the tournament.

Last edited:
"We should get outside. I haven't gotten to experience much of the Alola sun!" Sedna agreed, looking at her Mawile which was cuddling up to its new best friend. "You poor girl. Come on, Mawile!"

Mawile groaned and hopped out of Kyukon's grasp, catching up with Sedna who swooped her up into her arms.

"Aren't you just a cutie?" Sedna said with a giggle. Mawile followed with a smile.

Puff nearly pinned that darn Raccoon. And then he got picked up from behind by a pair of scaly arms. All the darn people here were messing with his hearing! Anywhere else, he could've heard this thing approach. And then? The Linoone dashed off. All for naught. He was going to get that runner one way or another, but not while constricted in the arms of some reptile! He began thrashing around in his captors arms, as if to say "let go of me!"

June continued to scour the restaurant for Puff, intercepting a glare from some tough looking guy meant for Gerald. Well, tough was more of a inference- the guy was just fairly tall. In any case she didn't need anyone glaring at her trainer. Though considering that guy was glaring, it only could mean one thing- that guy put the dots together that Puff was Gerald's. Oh Arceus above, he probably was squaring up for a fight right now! She quickly hurried off in search of the rabbit, leaving behind her trainer. "So you said you wanted to try the Mythic, right...? June?...Puff?"

It was then Gerald realized both of his Pokemon had gone. Crap, He thought to himself. I better go get them.

June was about to give up and let Puff find them on his own when she spotted him...being constricted by a lizard Pokemon. She couldn't even really be mad at it- she would definitely do the same thing in their situation. So, she gave the Salazzle a friendly smile and gestured to Puff, willing to take him off her hands. And the Lopunny had his eyes darting back and forth between his scaly captor and definitely angry Delphox "friend". How could this get any worse?

"Oh, there you are June! You too, Puff."

Yeah, yeah. It could. With Gerald on the scene, there really was no winning for Puff.

"I see you found a, uhhhh...friend there Puff." Gerald had to admit he still wasn't too acquainted with many Pokemon, especially from Alola. If he recalled correctly, it was Salandle or something? It wasn't the sandcastle that stole lives, so he was pretty okay with it for now. "Nice to meet you, lizard friend. I see you've met my Pokemon already..."

Ennewt looked up at the trainer and nodded toward him, smiling and hissing in greeting. She waddled over to Gerald and practically handed the fussy rabbit to him. Pyros looked over and saw that his Salazzle finally found the trainer the Lopunny belonged to. He took a moment from Sedna and Shiori and waved his hand toward the friendly man and his Lopunny. He walked over and had to stifle a chuckle. He finally managed to say something amidst his own giggling: "Hey, there. My Salazzle was making sure your Lopunny wasn't going to get himself into any trouble, especially when I caught the Lopunny try to hurt a Linoone. Don't worry, no one got hurt, right Ennewt?"

Ennewt smiled and hissed up at her trainer. Oh, she would love to cause him some embarrassment right now, but not when she was holding Puff the Male Lopunny. Pyros introduced himself. "My name is Pyroshu, but you may call me Pyros. My Salazzle's nickname is Ennewt, and my Kantonian Ninetales over there is Kyukon. Also, the Charizard you see peering through the window is Zarda. Your Delphox and Lopunny look very well taken care of, and despite your Lopunny's brash behavior, they seem pretty well-behaved. I could just feel the anticipation for the tournament emanating from your Lopunny," he chuckled a little at that, and then continued. "You are going to have quite the competition. These people over here and the man with the Linoone will be competing in the tournament, too. By the way, before I get carried away and walk a bit outside, what's your name?"

While Ennewt was giving Puff to Gerald, Kyukon was whining a little when her new best friend left her side. She tailed behind Sedna, following her as she wanted to stay close to Mawile. Kyukon nuzzled into Sedna's leg and cooed up at her, obviously wanting to stay by her side for a little bit longer.

Last edited:
Sedna raised her eyebrows at the sudden feeling of a Pokèmon nudging her legs. She also noticed that Mawile was trying to reach off of Sedna's grip. In a swift motion, she spun around and crouched. Mawile squeezed out of Sedna's arms and jumped in joy, ready to play around once more with Ninetails.

"Don't get yourself into trouble, Mawile. I'll be right here with Pyros if you need me~" Sedna said.

Mawile turned back to Sedna and rubbed up against her trainer with the large mouth. In a fit of giggles, Sedna waved goodbye to both friendly Pokèmon and tailed behind Pyros in the conversation he was engaging in with the Trainer responsible for the Linoone - Lopunny situation moments ago.

"One malasda please!" Maxene said to the cashier "you will join the tournament right?" the cashier replied "yeah. im the representative of castelia city." the sylveon tugged at her skirt. it seems like its saying 'i want one too.' "oh can it be 2 masadas? thanks." then she walked into their table and sat waited for their food.she read and read more. until she got their order.

"Well if Pyros is going to show his Pokemon why don't we all show each other our Pokemon," James told everyone.
He gave a sharp whistle to signal Linoone to crawl up to his shoulders. After the Pokemon got comfortable on his perch James made his way towards Pyros and the door.
"Well what are guys waiting for let's go," He called as he exited the cafe and waited for the rest of the trainers outside.

Seeing and hearing what James had said, Pyros thought that might be a better idea, considering that everyone would know his team and he won't know anybody's if James hadn't suggested that. Pyros whistled in a low pitch and he could hear Kyukon whining about it. Pyros just chuckled and told her that she could play with Mawile outside. Hearing this, Kyukon's ears perked up and danced about happily. She started to wag her nine tails and playfully nuzzled Mawile. She then bounded for the door, acting like she was leaving, then bounced 180 degrees and was now facing Mawile. She wanted Mawile to follow.

Ennewt, after giving Gerald his Lopunny back, stretched her feminine body and would forego embarrassing Pyros until they make it outside. Ennewt slowly strutted her way outside, taking in the Alolan air and the sun on her scaly, yet smooth skin. She then went around the Malasada shop and had found Zarda, still sticking her head through the window. The Salazzle hissed at her in greeting, which scared the poor Charizard. Her head hit the top of the window, and then she was holding it when she pulled it out of the window. She looked over to see Ennewt and she greet her with a friendly growl. Ennewt told her that maybe they should head toward Malie Garden. Hearing that Pyros was also going to be heading outside, it only made logical sense, since his Pokemon can get a little rowdy, and this town was probably not prepared for that. Zarda stomped towards Malie Garden with Ennewt by her side, as they chatted about random female Pokemon things.

Kyukon heard what Ennewt and Zarda were talking about, and she thought that Malie Garden would be a good idea. She wanted to go there, since there was more space to play. She gekkered toward the Mawile (gekkering is a common way of talking whenever foxes are angry or playing, and it sounds like ack-ack-ackawoo-ack-ack. Guttural chatter strewn with yelps and howls, gotta love it), communicating to her that maybe they should head to Malie Garden and play, and that she was guessing that Pyros will be there.

Jackson realized he was spacing out but he was brought back to reality when he heard the word tournament several times within a couple of minutes. He quickly rushed out of the malasada shop before turning towards Malie Garden, he was starting to feel a small bit dizzy. His awkward trot turned into a jog and then into a run. He had run so fast that his pokeball containing Markov, his Machamp. He soon reached the edge of the entrance and slid into it as fast as he could.

"Seems alright to me!" Shiori said as he put on his sunglasses and made his way to Malie Garden. The actor thought that it truly was a beautiful place. Reaching onto his belt, he took out two of his Pokeballs and tossed them into the air. In bursts of red light, a Quagsire and Braviary appeared. Raza waved at the Braviary, who nodded in return. Shiori, on the other hand walked up to his Quagsire. "Now, Quagsire, I need you to listen to me. No Ice Punch. Got it? No using Ice Punch on people."

The Quagsire simply stared back at it's trainer, it's derpy expression never changing. Shiori sighed, then walked over to the stream in the park and took out two more Pokeballs from his belt. He pressed the buttons on the Pokeballs, and two more Pokemon appeared in flashes of light, a Milotic and a Gyarados. The Milotic made a light tone and nuzzled her trainer.
"Aw, thanks!" Shiori said, petting his Milotic back. Raza ran over to the bridge above the stream and, much to the surprise of Shiori's Gyarados, jumped on to the sea serpent Pokemon's back. The disguised Zoroark smiled and patted the Gyarados' side.

Mawile followed suit with the Ninetails, hopping onto it's back for transportation. Sedna giggled from behind her grin and ushered herself and everyone they were traveling with - out of the shop.

Once she made it outside, she grabbed a pokeball from under the overhang of her shirt. In a swift movement, Sedna casted her pokeball up into the sky. "Torterra! Come on - out~"

In a red burst of light, the Continent Pokèmon appeared before her, the large green tree on his back rustling with the cool breeze.

"Terrraaaaa!" Torterra exclaimed with energy as Sedna approached her powerful grass and ground Pokèmon. In a soothing motion, she placed her hand on Torterra's face, stroking between his eyes gently.

"We're going to explore with my friend Pyros - and his Pokèmon! I want you to experience the sun. How about it?" Sedna asked with a smile. She watched as Torterra nuzzled her gently and agreed completely

"Terra..." Torterra agreed as he ushered himself alongside Sedna, catching a glimpse of the people and Pokèmon in his surroundings.

"Oh, uh, thanks!" Said Gerald as he took his Lopunny from the Lizard Pokemon. Puff had now gotten over his initial anger and now sat disappointed and bored in Gerald's arms, wearing a scowl on his face. The lizard Pokemon's trainer came on over, and seemed friendly enough, introducing himself and his Pokemon- The Salazzle, not Salandle, named Ennewt. Less important, he told him why Puff had been held in the arms of Ennewt. To stop a fight, which didn't exactly surprise Gerald or June. At least no one was hurt. "Well, thanks and sorry for the trouble. It's a thing he does..."

The trainer continued on, introducing himself as Pyroshu. Which was a weird name, all things considered. What parent saw him and thought 'we should call him Pyroshu!'...Then again, his name was Gerald...Along with Pyros talking about his own Pokemon, named Kyukon, Ennewt, and Zarda (Looks like he inherited his parents naming ability) but also complimented Gerald about how well behaved, if not a little reckless, Puff and June were. Now he wasn't about to be ruder over some odd names, and certainly not after the compliment. "Well, it's nice to meet you Pyros! My name's Gerald. My Lopunny here is Puff, and the Delphox over there is June." June smiled at Pyros, as Puff did a half hearted wave.

Apparently the competition would be tough ahead, and Gerald didn't doubt that- Tournaments like this always attracted crowds of skilled trainers. The Geosenge festival in Kalos, the "tournament" at Jinko Island...Just kind of a thing Tournaments did. "I mean, yeah. That's what happens at Tournaments? I'm sure that Linoone will come back and bite us for what just happened...But hey, if it was easy, it wouldn't be much fun for us or the Pokemon, huh? Well, have a nice day Pyros, see you at the tourney! I still need to order our Malasadas..."

And with that, Pyros left. Suddenly the Malasada shop seemed a lot less packed. Huh. Well, Puff needed to be dealt with. "Puff, come on. I know you have issues, but I really need you to not start fights. Not yet. Please?" Puff huffed a bit, but nodded. "Thank you. Now, those Masaladas..."

Atty had noticed the trainers begin to disperse, leaving the malasada shop and clearing up space. Having nothing better to do before the opening ceremony, she figured it would just be best to follow the others for now, hoping she wasn't too much of an intrusion. "Hey, I'll come with! I'm sure all my Pokemon could use some fresh air."

The Gardens were also decorated appropriately, as Johotian-inspired lanterns were strung about, flags waving in the gentle wind. Many tourists were out and about, enamored with the calming aesthetic of the well-kept Garden. Sunlight reflected off the water, and Atty watched as the others began to send out their Pokemon. She could already tell there seemed to be some type favoritism with some of her fellow competitors. She noticed that Pyros, with both a Charizard and Kantonian Ninetales, seemed to be experienced with Fire Types. On the other hand, this other guy, Shiori, seemed to have a team mainly compromised of Water Types.

Atty let Ruby off her shoulders, the Weavile jumping down into the soft grass with a light thud. She plucked two balls from out of her bag, one an Ultra Ball and the other a Net Ball. With a burst of light, her two Pokemon were sent out alongside her Weavile, ending up towering over both her and their own trainer. Both a Garchomp and Golisopod stood where there was once empty space, stretching out their large figures. "Alright," Atty spoke up, moving over and giving the Golisopod a pat on her left gauntlet. "Since you two are the biggest, I figured you girls could use some time outside."

She was met with friendly reception, as her Garchomp gave a throaty noise of content, flashing a toothy smile and stretching out her scythed arms. The Golisopod, however, seemed a bit more clingy, hunching over her giant frame to affectionately nuzzle her trainer.

Sedna noticed the Garchomp and Golisopod and gasped. She remembered seeing Cynthia and her Garchomp when Sedna watched a battle on T.V. To see a Garchomp that WASN'T under Cynthia's control felt weird but - that wasnt all.

Of course, she had never seen a Golisopod before, or even heard of it until now. The towering appearance made her smile - it was amazing to see a new Pokèmon.

Torterra paid mind to the Garchomp but mainly did what Sedna did - watched the Golisopod.

Since she hardly knew the Trainer and especially despised females, Sedna did her best to avoid any conversation and continued her business, petting Torterra as they walked together. Glaceon decided to hop on the back of Torterra, scaling the tree and hiding out into the leaves.

"She must be a powerful opponent..." Sedna mumbled quietly to herself. "Someday I'll have to battle here. I hope so, anyway."

As James entered the Gardens he plucked a friend ball and three luxury balls off of his belt and tossed them up. As the pokeballs hit the peak of the throw four pokemon popped out. A strong looking Lucario was the first pokemon to appear growling a greeting to its trainer. Appearing next was a black in color Greninja that took a standing stance with its arms crossed. Followed, a Raichu with a glossy orange coat cried its name as it sparked its cheek pouches with electricity as it appeared. Then, a beastly roar was given as James' mighty Hydreigon as the pseudo-legendary materialized from the luxury ball and announced its presences to everyone around. Finally, Linoone scurried down from its place across James' shoulders and settled next to Lucario.

"I figured all of you could do with some fresh Alola air after being cramped in your pokeballs all day," James said. His pokemon all gave cries of agreement before going to mingle with the other pokemon. James stood still and grasped a dark ball on his belt before placing it back on to his belt deciding that the pokemon in the dark ball had better stay in its ball. Especially after what had happened last time the pokemon was let out in public.

"Hey Atty. That's a pretty strong Garchomp and that Golisopod looks in pretty good condition too," James called to the girl as he observed her pokemon.

Pyros had finally made it to Malie Garden, his Salazzle and Charizard waited for him to come in past the entrance to the garden. Kyukon finally made it while bounding about happily, with the Mawile on her back. She made it to Ennewt and Zarda and began to nuzzle the Mawile and craning her neck to nuzzle Mawile's chest with her snout.

Pyros threw all of his Poke Balls into the air, and out came four Pokemon. Out from the bright red and white emissions, was a Chandelure, a Turtonator, a Salamence, and a Haxorus. Pyros introduced all of his Pokemon to everyone who cared to listen and gave each of his Pokemon their preferred type of malasada once he introduced them. "This is Chandela, my Chandelure; Nokus, my Haxorus; Boko, my Salamence; and Baku, my Turtonator."

Each of this Pokemon roared when they left their confines, except for Chandela, who immediately hid behind the towering Haxorus, the second largest Pokemon Pyros owned. Chandela ate his malasada gently and carefully, while the other three Pokemon messily ate their malasadas. The Haxorus had a friendly demeanor and patted the poor Chandela, who was quite scared from seeing everyone. Although, seeing that there were no Ghost-Types in the area yet, he slowly came out of hiding. Even though mostly everyone looked friendly, he liked Sedna more. He rushed over to her, and studied her and her Glaceon and Torterra. He waved his wavy black chandelier branches and spun around happily, greeting Sedna's Pokemon. Something had appeared from the corner of Chandela's eyes though, and it was an abandoned Poke Ball. He rushed over to it and picked it up, accidentally releasing the Machamp, known as Markov, which belonged to Jackson, who had ran off earlier. Whoops.

Being his shy and fearful self, he hid behind the large Torterra, despite having the type advantage. He hid his eyes with his chandelier branches and quivered. Pyros sighed and shook his head. Battling any one of these Pokemon is going to be rough, especially when Chandela will be running away from most of them. Hopefully he'll be better off when he realizes there is a battle, since his demeanor does change a bit.

Last edited:
The head of the Garchomp perked up when she heard James call in her direction towards her trainer, the hammerhead blinking in curiosity at his Pokemon and the others that were appearing before her very eyes. Her attention was momentarily caught by the amount of dragons that Pyros had sent out, but she was quick to turn away to groom herself and go back to stretching.

The Golisopod, however, continued to share affection with Atty, who clung to the large isopod in return, hands stroking over her smooth, hard shell. "Ah, thanks!" Atty called back to him, giggling a bit as the purple-colored feelers tickled her cheek. "This ones Flower, she's my most recent and super affectionate! And that's Cynthia," She jerked a thumb back to the Garchomp, who was now stretching in a similar manner to a Persian or Delcatty, giving a yawn and showing off her sharp maw. "I've had her since Sinnoh, and decided to name her after the Cynthia that everyone actually knows."

Ruby, actually being felidae, ran over next to Cynthia, mimicking her stretching patterns and flicking her tail in enjoyment, peering around with thinned pupils at the other Pokemon that were being sent out.

Nokus looked about and saw the Garchomp peer in his general direction. He stomped over to her and cocked his head to the side, wondering if she was alright with some light-hearted chitchat. He began to talk about how he was really excited for the tournament in a series of gruff grunts and slight growls. He then asked her in his own Poke-tongue if she felt like she was ready to battle. Pyros looked over to see the gigantic isopod practically becoming a large doll snuggling her trainer. He spoke out to Atty, saying: "Your Golisopod is pretty cute!"

Baku had waddled away from most of the commotion and hid himself, trying not to cause too much attention to himself and also protect everyone from getting close to his back. There would be an explosive confrontation if they ever got too close. Boko on the other hand had waddled over on his stocky four legs toward the Hydreigon. He felt almost threatened by the Hydreigon's presence, and he quickly mentally told himself that this Hydreigon will be his rival. He roared up at the Hydreigon, saying that he looked strong, and that he would like to battle him. He flared up his sharp red wings as he roared at him, almost trying to size up the Hydreigon. Since the Salamence was just six inches shy from being as large as the average Hydreigon, he looked as if he were trying to make himself seem more intimidating or something of the like, which failed miraculously.

Last edited:
Cynthia paused her little grooming session, yellow eyes peering with interest at the Haxorus that had come over. Despite Dragon types being weak to each other, there seemed to be little tension between the two. If anything, Cynthia had issues getting along with Ice-Types, Ruby being one of the sole exceptions, understanding that the little weasel was, surprisingly, her senior. She responded in her own draconian tongue, teeth flashing with each passive growl she gave towards Nokus. She replied confidently, eager for a fair fight once the tournament was to get underway. It had been a while since she had been in a more competitive kind of battle, as the Trials that her trainer had cleared so far while in Alola seemed to almost be too easy, only the Totem Pokemon putting up much of a fight.

Flower took the compliment in stride, lifting her head away from Atty to look over at Pyros. She gave a hearty chitter, antennae wiggling in joy. "She says 'thank you'." Atty grinned, scratching under the giant crustacean's chin before reaching back around to her bag. I suppose I should let out everyone else now too, huh?" Retrieving the remaining balls, she sent the rest of her team out. A Scizor, a Roserade, and a Primarina, slightly smaller than average. They all took their own time to stretch and breathe in the clean, fresh air, the Roserade exceptionally enjoying the sunlight that hung over the garden.

Ruby, now aware of the Scizor that was sent out, bounded over to the Pincer Pokemon, climbing atop her metal shoulders. It was a bit of an odd sight, as one wouldn't typically expect a Weavile to show such affection towards a Scizor of all things. However, the bug didn't seem to mind at all, as if this interaction was a regular occurrence.