• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Alola Region RP : A Journey Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
(Discussion Thread --> https://pokecharms.com/conversations/alola-region-rp-a-new-journey-begins-discussion-thread.47011/ )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the rules :
1. Follow the RP Forum Rules
2. Don't ignore others
3. No Fakemon
4. Don't control other people's characters
5. NO DITTOS
6. Use only the character sheet I give you, don't give your character more detail so people think you're the coolest or something. If you want more detail to your character then explain it later on in the story and you will get your Pokemon later on in the story
7. Have fun
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name : Lao
Personality : He is witty, protective of his friends, full of surprises, doesn't care if one Pokemon is stronger than the other, full of determination and Charming
Appearance : Has red hair on the front of his hair and brown hair on the back of his head. Wears a purple T-Shirt, with white sleeves and wears blue pants. Has dark brown eyes
Likes : Kind people, good friends and people who he can trust and count on
Dislikes : Selfish people, People who act like Know-It-Alls and People who betray him
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yawn" said Lao as he woke up and stretched "Today, is the day I finally begin my POKEMON Journey!" He said out loud as he was excited about meeting his Pokemon. Lao ran downstairs excitedly and found his Mom awake, waiting for him "Hello, Sweetie! Today is the day you finally begin your Pokemon journey, isn't It?" Lao's mom said softly "Mhmm!" Hummed Lao as if he was saying 'yes' "Well, I guess you should get going Now!" She said to him lightly "Right!" Said Lao excitedly once again as he got out of the house 'Oh, they grow up so fast' thought Lao's mom as she watched him get out of the house "Wow! Never has the Alolan air smelled so Fresh!" Said Lao loudly as he breathed in some air "My journey now, begins from here!" He said loudly "I wonder if I'm going to meet some other trainers who will start their own Pokemon journey too" He said to himself curiously as he waited for the professor to come to him or perhaps a new trainer he could say hi to or even become their rival

Last edited:
Name: Daniel
Personality: Daniel is very clever and always thinks about victory.
Appearance: White hoodie with a Fletchinder its back, jeans and Blue trainers.
Dislikes: being alone

Daniel woke up with a Muk jumping on him. It had changed forms!? Daniel was from the Kanto region and the Muk was the helper of the man that drove the boat.
"Mornin' laddy!" The man said, he too was looking different. He used to have a ripped brown leather jacket and trousers that were blue and muddy. But now. Now he was totally different. The man now wore a black belt that went over his shoulders and clipped to the other side of belt. He was still wearing blue trousers. Daniel noticed he had been sleeping on a beach. Then he looked at another man. He looked the same as the man driving the boat. It must be the fashion here, Daniel thought.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao pondered about what his first Pokemon would be, until he saw a boy which had woken up on the beach. From the looks of him, he didn't look like he was from Alola. Lao went up to the boy and helped him up, "Hi there, from the looks of you, you look like you're from Kanto" Lao exclaimed, "Did you come to Alola for vacation, or to start your Pokemon Journey?" Lao asked curiously, "If you ARE starting your own Pokemon journey, then how about you wait with me for the professor, so we could get our Pokemon?" Asked Lao, nicely, "By the way, my name is Lao. What's Yours?" Lao introduced himself politely

Name : Alisa
Personality : very introverted. She is very quiet but isn't shy, most people think she is shy though, matured and smart. She cries alot, which is probably why she doesn't really have much friends.
Appearance : A tall girl, about somewhere in 5 feet tall, has brown skin and very dark eyes that almost look black dreadlocks and wears blue round glasses, a gray sleeveless shirt which she covers with a dark blue jacket, black jeggiand, and galaxy themed sneakers.
Likes : Reading books, mostly likes to read stuff that Shakespeare wrote. Musicals, music in general, rapping, studying about flowers.
Dislikes : People destroying flowers, bad teams, being late for some special event, the sound of loud chewing, and wearing another set of glasses over her glasses.

Alisa woke up to her alarm clock ringing, she got off of her bed quickly and changed into her everyday outfit. It was a very special day for her since she is gonna get her first pokeball, in which her first pokemon is gonna be in.

"New region, new thoughts about the books I'm gonna read," Alisa said, she went downstairs and saw the regular pokeball that almost everyone will get on their journey, beside it was a instruction manuel. Alisa walked to the table and read the instruction manuel. After reading, Alisa grabbed the pokeball and placed at inside her new empty bag.

Alisa was ready for her first pokemon journey! Or her only journey since you only live once, she headed out and wandered around her town. After a few minutes of talking to some local townspeople, she wandered off to the beach where she saw two people talking, she didn't want to disturb the conversation so she just listened and hoped she doesn't get noticed.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao was busy, talking with the guy at the beach, until he turned around to check if the professor had come or not, but instead saw a tall girl, with round glasses and a pokeball, "Huh?, Oh! Alola!" He greeted the girl as he waved his hands to the girl, and came up to her, leaving the guy at the beach thinking that he wouldn't get up, "Hi there, judging from the pokeball you have, I think you're going on a poke mon journey, Correct?" He asked her curiously, "Well, you're gonna have to wait for a bit, I think the professor is gonna be a bit late" He said while smiling and scratching the back of his head "Alola, Cousins!" Said the professor as he walked up to the two kids "Sorry, I was late I had some things to do back at the lab, that I totally forgot that some kids are getting their pokemon" Said the professor while grinning to himself "Well, that's OK, but where are we going Now?" He said as he followed the professor to who knows where "We're going to the Kahuna" The professor exclaimed "Kahuna?" Asked Lao "I'll explain later" reassured the professor. About 15 minutes later, the group stopped at a place with some tiny houses and a wooden platform in the center, almost looking like a battlefield, "We're Here!" Exclaimed the professor, "Where even are We...?" Asked Lao curiously

"Oh-- uh-- hi!" Daniel spluttered. He hadn't really talked to anyone on his Pokemon journey but this would be a new start. "I am Daniel," then he noticed Lao had gone somewhere with a girl. He quickly ran to them and looked at the kahunas. "Hey why did you leave, Lao?!" Asked Daniel angrily. Then he noticed three Pokemon sitting on a platform. "I love my life," Daniel muttered for no reason, but he was still made that Lao left without saying.

Alisa looked around the place, the kids were playing, the pikipeks were collecting food everything was all different to her. "Woah... I never experienced a very highly will pokemon population in Unova," Alisa said, then she looked at the wooden table and felt nostalgic for some reason.

"What is that battle stage for?" Alisa asked, she looked at the professor. "What is your job?" Alisa asked. She had so many questions but decided to keep some for herself.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Whoa, looks like everybody's here, well these are the three pokemon I'm going to give out only 3 pokemon, here they Are!" The professor said as he threw 3 pokeball into the air, and 3 pokemon came out, one looked similar to a baby owl and was a grass type. The other one looked like a Kitten with black fur and red stripes and was a fire type. The last one looked like a clown sea lion and was a water type "Alright, how about you choose first" said the professor as he pointed at Lao, 'Yes!' Thought Lao excitedly, "Uh, I choose...I choose..." Lao hesitated for a moment but then he decided and said, "The owl One!" Lao said excitedly, "Ah, so you choose, Rowlet, Huh?" Asked the professor "Yup!" Exclaimed Lao "Well, to choose a pokemon, it must choose you as well. A few moments later both Lao and Rowlet got up on the wooden platform and stared at each other. After a moment of awkward silence, Rowlet shook its head as if saying 'no' and turned around, Lao frowned for a moment but then suddenly Rowlet flew to Laos arms and Lao held Rowlet happily, as it felt a bit ticklish, "It seems that Rowlet has chosen you too, Lao" said the professor happily, "Alright the one who chooses next is...You!" Said the professor as he pointed at the boy who was quiet and following them (Nathan). Meanwhile, Lao walked up to Daniel, with Rowlet in his arms, "Hey, uh sorry for ignoring you earlier, I kinda thought you didn't want to get up and start your pokemon journey plus I was, uh kinda excited about my pokemon journey" apologised Lao, politely to Daniel as he extended his hand to him, for a handshake, "But, hey I didn't really get your name, what IS your Name?" Asked Lao curiously

Last edited:
Daniel looked at the Pokemon, "nice one to pick!" Daniel said, and then took Lao's hand and shook it, "I am Daniel leader of team skull," he said grinning, "no I am joking; your name is Lao right?" Daniel asked and then muttered, "I wanted that Pokemon," he then watched the boy called Nathan choose his Pokemon.

Alisa watched the two pokemon left, she observed every single movement of the pokemon. After a few minutes, she stopped watching the pokemon and just read Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart.

"Soon our mad protagonist will turn more crazy in this book," Alisa said, she was analyzing Edgar Allan Poe's writing skills and got a few new words in her mind dictionary.

Name: Emraldo
Personality: Selfish, Quick Thinking, Prideful, and Stubborn.
Appearance: Short, Green, and curly hair. Cruel, Gray eyes that can see almost anything, including fear. He always wears a green robe over his t-shirt and shorts, no matter the temperature. He is tall and thin, with very pale skin.
Likes: Proving others that he is superior, toying with his opponents in battle, strong and swift Pokémon, and one-sided battles in his favor.
Dialikes: Losing, slow and weak Pokémon, and fair battles.

Emraldo arrived by from his boat with the Pokémon egg he found in the forests of Kalos in his hands. He was ready to start his journey in the region of Alola. After he got off his boat, he followed the directions he was given. When he got to the end, there seemed to be a ceremony going on with several people his age there. He assumed that this was the place to start his journey, with the professor and his Pokémon there and all. He seemed to be late, so he ran to the professor to apologize. "Désolé professeur! J'étais en retard parce que ma carte était plutôt défectueuse, honnêtement , qui sur terre dessine une carte comme celle-là! Quels idiots!" He said so frantically that he forgot to speak the correct language.

Last edited by a moderator:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Lao looked at the guy called 'Emraldo' say something he didn't understand. The only word he heard was 'idiots'. Lao then looked at the Rowlet he picked, it was filled with joy cause Lao picked it, "So, hey how about we talk with each other for a bit?" Asked Lao nicely, "Roo!" Said Rowlet while nodding its head, "OK, so first of all, I think I gotta name you" Said Lao calmly, "But, I think I'll stick with Rowlet" said Lao while putting his index and thumb on his chin "Roo!" Said Rowlet as if saying 'Cool!'. It seemed that Rowlet had a Jolly nature, "Well, how about we get a little away from the group and try some of your attacks?" Asked Lao curiously. Rowlet happily agreed as they went to a patch of grass and encountered a Yungoos, "Yungoos, Huh? OK then, Rowlet use Tackle!" Exclaimed Lao as Rowlet flew up and charged at Yungoos and tackled it with its feet, "Good job, Rowlet!" Exclaimed Lao once again, as the Yungoos charged at Rowlet to use scratch, "Rowlet! Quickly, dodge It!" Shouted Lao, as Rowlet flew away from Yungoos' attack, "Good job, Rowlet! Now, use Leafage!" Shouted Lao once again as Some Light Green, Sharp, Leaves appeared around Rowlet, and spun around him and were thrown to the Yungoos, making the Yungoos faint. Lao walked back to the group, while Rowlet was standing on his head, "Hey, Rowlet" whispered Lao, "Rrr?" Rowlet looked at Lao curiously, "Good job, out there" whispered Lao once again, "Roo!" Said Rowlet to Lao as if saying 'Thanks!'. Both of them had a large grin on their faces, as if they had the same personality and habits. Maybe, that's why they chose each other...

Name:Luna
Personality: Kind,but incredibly reckless. Very cheerful.
Appearance: Shoulder length blonde hair. Wears a silk white dress. Has blue high heels that match her eyes.
Dislikes:Abuse, Pollution, Restricted Areas
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna woke up,excited."Today, I'll get my first Pokémon! " she squealed. Unable to contain her excitement, she ran out the house and down Route 1,yelling happily. She arrived, panting,at the festival. She saw a boy with a Rowlet. "Nice Pokémon!" she panted. "Now,has Popplio been chosen?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Thanks!" He exclaimed back to the girl, "No, Popplio isn't chosen, yet" He reassured the girl, "Looks like you're beginning your pokemon journey, well if you're looking for the professor then follow me" He said calmly, as he walked back to the professor. Suddenly, Lao had an idea, "Hey! Wanna start your pokemon journey, with Me?" He asked curiously, "It'd be great, to have someone going with you in your pokemon journey!" He said joyfully, "So? How about It?" He asked curiously once again.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"My name is Lao" He said calmly, "Alright! Let's go to the Professor!" He said as he walked into the place where the professor was.

"Hi,Professor!" Luna panted. "This is Leo,and he picked Rowlet.Which of the two Poke Balls left is Popplio?" she asked,looking at the table.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Um, actually my name is Lao" Said Lao with a confused grin, "Oh, this one Is! I see that you want to choose Popplio, then you can take It!" Said the professor, as he gave Luna the poke ball which Popplio was in. The professor walked to the quiet boy, Nathan and gave him the poke ball which contained Litten. Lao walked up to Luna, "Hey, Luna how about you get your Pokemon out of its Pokeball?" Asked Lao curiously

Meanwhile, a trainer named Rodri was walking through the streets of Melemele Island. He had just lost to several Totem Pokemon and he was willing to find a new path to take. Rodri had decided to be a Pokemon reseacher.

"Sure!" she said. Luna then proceeded to let Popplio out.The Popplio was male,according to the professor, but she didn't care.She just wanted it to know how happy he made her."Sorry about the name mistake." Luna said to Lao."Do you want to battle?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Sure!" Exclaimed Lao, "I'll begin First! Rowlet, use Leafage!" Said Lao as Rowley threw a lot of sharp green glowing leaves at Popplio, damaging it very much, due to Rowlet's type advantage, "Haha! Good job, Rowlet!" Said Lao excitedly, "Rowlet, be sure to dodge Popplio's next Move!" Exclaimed Lao, "Roo!" Said Rowlet just as excited as Lao

"OK,then!Popplio, use Pound!" Luna yelled.In her head,though,she was thinking about which Pokemon she would catch after the battle.With Popplio by her side,the possibilities were endless!Once she returned to reality,Luna realized Rowlet had dodged Popplio's attack. "Oh,so that's the game you play?" she said.

"Sorry professor! Incorrect language! I guess that's one mistake," He said as he pulled out a notepad and wrote something down. "So, about my starter," He continued with the egg in his hand. "I hope I wasn't too late to receive one."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Oh, Yeah! That's the game I Play!" He exclaimed, "Rowlet, use Tackle!" He told Rowlet as Rowlet flew down to Popplio, and tackled it with its feet, "Alright! Good job, Rowlet!" He said excitedly

At the professor....
"Oh, I am sorry, but I'm afraid your too late, to choose a starter" The professor said, feeling bad for the trainer....until he noticed an egg in his hand, "Oh, Hey! I got an Idea! Why don't you use that egg of yours as a Starter?" He reassured the trainer

The boy called Nate seemed like he wouldn't respond. But Daniel decided to talk to the professor.
"Hi professor. I'm here from another region. But that boy seems like he will choose that Pokemon," Daniel pointed to the cat Pokemon. The professor thought for a long time.
"Okay, how about you take Rockruff?" The dog Pokemon just came out to the professor. He gave Daniel a pokeball.
"Well Rockruff, it looks like I must say goodbye..."

Name : Alyssa
Personality : Encouraging. Loves Pokémon battles and of course.. Pokémon! Loves to annoy her younger sister, Lynn, by teasing about her becoming a Poacher. She hates that.
Appearance : Long brown hair. Her freckles are scattered across her face. She is pretty small for a 12 year old.
Likes : Pokémon battles, sleeping, food, Pokémon and memes.
Dislikes : Pokémon Poachers, evil Pokémon Trainers, not getting sleep and scary shadows

RP: "Alrighty Brionne, Rockruff, Togedemaru and Eevee, we're here!" Alyssa happily told her Pokémon as they arrived at Akala. "Akala Island, here we come!!"

As Popplio fainted,Luna congratulated Lao."You have great skills!" she told him."Now, I'm off to the Pokèmon Center.Do you want to catch a Pokèmon?" she asked. "I heard they sell Pokè Balls there..."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Sure, Luna! I'd love to catch a pokemon" He said as he followed her to the Poke Mart. Soon, they were at the Poke Mart. Lao had bought 7 Pokeballs, just In case a Pokemon, runs away easily. He then started to wait for Luna. He had already planned what pokemon he's catching. He's liking his adventure so far

"OK,healed up!" Luna said. "I think we should catch something that lives around the school here." She stepped into the tall grass,prepared. A wild Meowth jumped out! "I heard the Meowth here are different than in other regions." she said. "Popplio, use Water Gun!" she ordered. The Meowth responded with Bite. She threw her Poké Ball,and caught the Meowth. "Now,how about you try,Lao?" Luna told him,smiling.

Alyssa looked at the two trainers that were catching an Alolan Meowth. They looked so happy! Rockruff ran up to the girl with a Popplio and nuzzled her.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Hmm, okay, I'll try to look for a.." He then looked at a pokemon at a distance. It was a Grubbin, a shiny one, "Oh my Gosh! Luna, look it's a shiny Grubbin! I'm gonna catch it" He ran to the Grubbin, but as he looked further, he saw two Team Skull grunts bullying the Grubbin, "Yo, look at this Grubbin, it's colour looks SO Stupid!" Said Grunt A, "I know, Right?" Said Grunt B, "Hey! Stop bullying this Grubbin!" Exclaimed Lao as he stood in front of the Grubbin in a gesture that shows, that Lao was protecting it. "Well, well, well, look who decides to play the hero" Mocked Grunt B, "Yo, Team Skull is gonna break your Bones!" Exclaimed Grunt A, "And they're gonna make sure they send the message through that thick skull of Yours!" Exclaimed Grunt B, "Team Skull? Never heard of you" Said Lao with a blank look on his face, "Wait wha-?! Whatever! Let's just Battle!" Said both grunts as one sent sent out Zubat and the other sent out Salandit, "Alright, I'll Begin!" He said quietly, "Rowlet! Use Leafage!" Exclaimed Lao as Rowlet fired out his sharp leaves, hitting the Zubat, making it lose half of its HP, "Uh, Zubat! Use Bite!" Shouted à Grunt. Zubat bit Rowlet badly, making Rowlet lose a quarter of its HP, "Salandit! Use Fake Out!" Shouted the other Grunt, "Rowlet! Dodge It!" Exclaimed Lao once again as Rowlet flew away and dodged, "Now, Rowlet! Use Leafage on both of Them!" Shouted Lao as Rowlet flew many many sharp leaves at Zubat And Salandit, making both of them faint. "How?! Uh, we'll get you next time, Kid! And, we'll uh make you cry next Time!" Shouted Grunt A. Both grunts ran away with tears in their eyes, 'Wimps' Thought Lao. Grubbin nudged Lao's leg, "Huh? Grubbin? Wanna join Us?" Lao asked curiously. Grubbin nodded, and Lao got out his poke ball and put it in front of the shiny Grubbin. Grubbin gladly entered the poke ball, "Alright! Welcome to the team, Grubbin!" He Exclaimed as he celebrated. Lao ran back to Luna and informed her that he caught a shiny Grubbin. He then looked at The Rockruff nuzzling Luna leg. Lao put his hand on Rockruff's head to pet it.

"Who were those jerks?" asked Luna. "Anyways, that Grubbin looks awesome!" "Now,where did you come from?" she said as she turned to the Rockruff. "Anyways,I heard about something called the "Island Challenge ".Do you think that sounds interesting?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Those jerks were called 'Team Skull' " He said, confused, "And yeah, the island challenge is a trial in which you battle really strong pokemon" Said Lao, "but I think we should wait until we've become a bit stronger" Suggested Lao, "And hey, when we DO become stronger, we'll go to the trial place at night, OK?" He suggested once again, "So, how about It?" He asked curiously

"OK!" Luna replied. "By the way,Lao,I'm going to go to Hau'oli City. If you want to come,follow me!" she said. She then ran ahead. "Whoa! A Tauros!" Luna said.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A reminder that posts need to be at least a paragraph long (not one-liners) and that character bios with no RP content do not belong in the RP forums. Any bios found without RP content has been removed.

Kayo wakes up then going to the kitchen he makes a coffee for himself he then walks on the balcony he looks down seeing his older brother Kaneto. Kayo would wave and Kaneto would walk up he opens the door and Kaneto walks in he says"hey Kayo what you up to these days" Kayo replies happily"Not much why?" Kaneto looks out of the window then turns around and looks at Kayo angrily"there are these scrubs called team skull..they steal others people Pokémon please keep an eye out for them and if you encounter them call me straight away understand?"Kayo replies sternly"yes I will don't worry" Kaneto walks out and closes the door

Kayo goes out of his flat and walks along the path he follows the path going to konikoni city. Kayo decides to take out blaziken to walk with him
"Blaziken come out lets go for a walk"
Blaziken jumps out of his Pokeball and walks along with him. Once he arrives in the city he notices a team skull grunt stealing a ladies bag Kayo runs up to them both "hey you! leave her alone!" The skull grunt turns and looks at Kayo he sends out his alolan raticate "Go raticate use sucker punch" The raticate gets a direct hit on blaziken but blaziken takes hardly any damage. Now it was kayos turn
"Blaziken blaze kick lets go!"
Blaziken runs at raticate at high speed and kicks raticate with his blaze kick the raticate slides back and takes heavy damage the grunt retaliates by continuing to battle"Raticate hyper fang" blaziken would encounter the attack"Blaziken blaze kick one more time" blaziken round house kicks raticate in its stomach and the raticate falls back fainting the grunt returns his Pokemon "Another enemie we will back and you will pay" Kayo picks up the ladies bag with the pokeballs in and hand it over the ladie would blush and thanks him "uh thank you sir you battled well and thank you for giving me my bags!" Kayo smiles back and replies"that's okay anytime" Kayo then walks off to the nearest Pokemon centre to heal blaziken"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, sorry! Heh heh! Sorry! My Rockruff loves doing that! He does this ALL the time!" Sienna said looking at both Trainers petting him. She ran over there looking at her Rockruff, he looked really happy! Then Sienna started petting him too. "By the way, my name's Sienna! What's you're names?" Sienna asked, waiting for a reply.

"I'm Kayo nice to meet you and this is blaziken he just helped me out against does team skull grunts I'm now heading to the Pokemon centre blaziken took heavy damage from that raticate" he looks at her smiling Kayo then looks down at rockruff "aww isn't he sweet hello I did have a rockruff myself i gave him to my mother he wanted to go to her" he stands up so what are you doing here then he looks at her a little bit puzzled waiting for a reply

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Whoa! This Tauros seems like it's blocking the way, let's just walk away for now" He said as he held Luna's hand and walked away from the Tauros. Lao saw the two trainers and greeted them. He informed them that he and Luna were just going to Hau'oli City but got stopped by a Tauros, "Wait, you encountered Team Skull, Too?" He asked, shocked, "What a Coincidence! I also encountered them, while they were bullying this shiny Grubbin I caught" He said calmly.

"Yeah I know does grunts will get to my see my strength soon..they won't mess with the people here..or any of the cities.." he says in a serious tone "I got to go and tell my brother what happened I'll mention that you saw them too he's a detective you see so it's important" he goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.