• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Alola, 3 Years Later Discussion

Hey hello, I'd like to join, but i first up i need to ask something to see if what i think is correct. So this roleplay is basicly a rp about you being in alola... and u can reserve a spot as a elite four member? If i have it wrong then could somebody explain it to me... As i dont really get what this rp is all about, but it looks fun. Thanks and have a good day!

Name: Robby
Appearance: caucasian skin, blue eyes, dark brown curly afro like hair. Roughly 5'10",
Personality: quiet and short spoken at first, but eventually comes around. Has a sarcastic sense of humor. Kind heart.
Sexuality: straight
Title: pokemon trainer
Partner: none
Pokemon: Sableye, Boltound, Combusken, Kangaskhan
Siblings: none
Region: hoenn

Okay @LunarSilvally Thanks for clearing things up for me. Oh and btw while looking back at the messages i think i said something wrong. Were i said
So this is basicly a roleplay about you being in alola
I meant like the people who joined or something (Im dutch so please excuse me for being bad at english sometimes) but anywho any shoe. I'll try to fill in the character sheet as soon as possible!

Last edited:
Name: Katty McCallon
Appearance: A blond girl, With a pink cat hoodie, And a pink skirt
Personality: A Extrovert Who has a hard time concentrating, Because she has ADHD
Sexuality: Straight
Title: Pokémon Trainer
Partner: None
Pokemon: Brionne, Fomantis , CutieFly, Haunter
Siblings:None
Region: Unova

It's okay! Yeah, for Karpman's fishy Pokemon they have a bit more strange moves. Namely the Magikarp, which knoes moves like Dragon Rage (from a Gen 1 event Pokemon) and Reversal (from a Gen 3 event Pokemon).

It hurts me to ask this, But I'm dutch and reading the rp thread... I Cant really... I dont really know what happens (AAAAA MY SELF RESPECT IS DYING) Can somebody tell me whats happening? So i can easier post a message soon? thanks!

Alright, so here's how I can understand it. On the route outside a town on an Alolan Island ( @LunarSilvally I would be much oblidged if you could tell us where exactly out characters are), Karpman and Robby are battling. Watching them are an Elite Four member, Willow, and the Assistant Champion, Hades. Meanwhile, in town the characters Maskerin and Milo are making plans to battle a Kahuna. Also, JC, Jon, and Arian are also in town (I think?) And are just hanging out and talking? I think that's everything?

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
From what I know, we're in Alola, one of the islands I believe. Y'know, malasadas and kahuna and all.

Last edited:
Howdy, y'all. Just peeking in here because I have a character from Alola that would fit great in here, but I'm curious as to if I can enter in as a character that isn't actually involved in the competition.

Alright, cool. I'm gonna go ahead and toss him in here, then.

Name: Collax Edgerigo [khol-axe edge-reego]

Appearance: A decent-looking teen who stands at about 5’10”, as to say, not very tall. He wears a deep green-brown coat over a blueish shirt, a pair of very average-looking jeans, thick-soled boots, and, often, a greyish trilby hat on his head. His face is dotted with pale freckles, though it is often shaded by his hat and his brown, neck-length hair.

Personality: Collax was once a kid who has a tendency to tie himself into situations that he didn’t start nor is he capable of dealing with, but has since grown and become more mature. He is capable of keeping his head on in tough situations, and is much more accustomed to being uncomfortable than he used to be. Often considered slightly clumsy and uncouth, Collax actually only ever wants the best for others. Though he doesn’t quickly show his support for everyone, he’s usually there to help with others when they feel defeated or generally just bad. He doesn’t often accept the same kind of support from others, though, and prefers to deal with his own problems by himself, even if he obviously can’t. Aside from these traits, Collax has a seemingly split personality, as in some situations he would be energetic and very passive about tough situations, yet in others he would be notably withdrawn and sensitive. His personality at the time usually depends on who he’s in the company of.

Sexuality: Straight as a line.

Title: Spectator

Partner: Barkley the Trevenant

Pokemon: Barkley (Trevenant), Scrat (Drapion), Lan (Malamar), Duke (Ledian), Majia (Mismagius), Viola (Volcarona)

Name: Barkley
Species: Trevenant - Grass/Ghost
Ability: Natural Cure (Status effects are cured automatically)
(Battle Bond)
Shadow Claw
Horn Leech
Confuse Ray
Growth
Ingrain
Feint Attack
Leech Seed
Will-O-Wisp
Forest's Curse
Phantom Force
Wood Hammer

Name: Scrat
Species: Drapion - Poison/Dark
Ability: Battle Armor (Cannot receive a critical hit)
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Fire Fang
Poison Fang
Poison Sting
Acupressure
Venoshock
Hone Claws
Night Slash
Crunch
Fell Stinger
Cross Poison

Name: Lan
Species: Malamar - Dark/Psychic
Ability: Contrary (Stat changes on Lan have the opposite effect)
Reversal
Foul Play
Swagger
Flatter
Psywave
Topsy-Turvy
Hypnosis
Psybeam
Payback
Psycho Cut
Slash
Night Slash
Simple Beam

Name: Duke
Species: Ledian - Bug/Flying
Ability: Iron Fist (Punching attacks are notably stronger)
Tackle
Supersonic
Swift
Mach Punch
Silver Wind
Comet Punch
Agility
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Double Edge

Name: Viola
Species: Volcarona - Bug/Fire
Ability: Flame Body (Contact with Viola may leave a burn)
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Hurricane
Heat Wave
Flare Blitz
Thrash
Bug Buzz
Flame Wheel
Fire Spin
Silver Wind

Name: Majia
Species: Mismagius - Ghost
Ability: Levitate (Cannot be affected by ground-type moves)
Mystical Fire
Power Gem
Phantom Force
Magical Leaf
Psywave
Spite
Destiny Bond
Ominous Wind
Screech
Shadow Sneak

Backstory: Collax grew up in the Alola region on Akala island, meeting Barkley as a Phantump by chance. The two grew up together, living mostly outdoors and spending a lot of time away from society in the nearby Lush Jungle. As Collax grew older, he grew more and more distant from society, and became more comfortable in the wild than he did in a building. Being a naturally wild person at heart, Collax eventually became so accustomed to living outside that he began hating being inside. He ended up dropping out of schooling and went out into the Lush Jungle to stay, living with Barkley and the rest of the Pokemon, as he felt life was better for him there.

He was eventually involved in an expedition to another island region, (New Beginnings roleplay), where he encountered several people he now calls his friends, as well as the rest of his team. Scrat the Drapion began as a Skorupi he met by accident, Lan the Malamar was an Inkay who lost his trainer to an unfortunate series of events and ended up staying with Collax. Majia the Mismagius and Viola the Volcarona were both found as a Misdreavus and Larvesta in the depths of a temple, joining Collax some time later. Duke the Ledian? He showed up out of nowhere by accident and didn't leave Collax alone after witnessing his team battle.

Collax eventually got off of the other island and returned to Alola, where he proceeded to complete the Island Challenge, as well as a few other Pokemon Trainer things, but he never did anything major. He did eventually join a battle competition in Alola which he enjoyed participating in and meeting other competitors, but he never made it far. He was perfectly fine with that. Afterwards, he returned to living how he did before: In Lush Jungle, but this time, he had grown a few years. Starting at 15, and now 18, and having spent extensive time with quite a few interesting characters, Collax is even more comfortable than he ever was before. Now, he just comes to spectate this competition and cheer the other competitors on. Maybe spar with them if they need warmup.

Region: Alola

Other:

-Barkley and Collax have been together for years upon years. They know each other inside and out, have learned to read each other’s intentions, and understand each other with little difficulty. They have the same goals and thought processes, so what is said about Collax in this character sheet can also be said about Barkley.

-Collax only spent a year in Lasryn (New Beginnings), but that year definitely changed his perspective on some things. He is no longer as reckless or impulsive, taking the time to consider his actions before making them. He also tends to be more creative with his battle strategies, (thanks to experience with Madison), but he remains as good-hearted as he was before. Many of his Pokémon joined him after they experienced some time with him; he never caught them without their consent. Thus, each Pokémon is loyal to him and under his deep care and protection.

-Barkley, Scrat, and Lan were all the initial team Collax had on Lasryn, Barkley having grown up with him on Akala, Scrat being found alone in the jungle, and Lan having lost his trainer in an accident. All three have evolved and become his closest friends, and Collax will do whatever it takes to protect them. They have the same feelings to him.

-Duke the Ledian is what some may consider a “tryhard”. Statistically outmatched, he tries harder than ever to outdo those on Collax’s team, but he’s just as dependable as they are. Faster than anyone else in the air, small as to avoid being hit, and trained with a number of punching attacks, he makes do with his four arms better than anyone would expect the naturally weak Pokémon to.

-Majia and Viola were found together in a pyramid that was hidden away in Lasryn, both in their previous evolutions. The Misdreavus and Larvesta had been taking cover from the outside in the pyramid, gotten lost, and begun to lose hope of escaping when Collax came across them. He didn’t catch them, but they followed with him and eventually joined his team, like Scrat and Lan had. They have both become excellent at keeping fresh battle techniques flowing, as Majia is a techy fighter who loves playing at range with fancy, confusing tactics, while Viola is an aggressive dancer who uses flowing movements in combination with malleable attacks to be nearly unavoidable. Collax learned much of his creative battle style from them.

-Majia is able to sing in odd tunes, as are all Mismagius, which can make others feel uneasy or happy. She greatly appreciates the thanks she receives from Collax and his team when she cheers them up with her singing, and they are always there to keep her hopeful as well.

-Collax may only have a team of six Pokemon, but he has befriended a number of other Pokemon he doesn’t call his own. These include a Vikavolt he nicknamed Xenoltrics, a Shiftry, a Cofagrigus, a Crobat, a Fearow named Skutch, and an Araquanid. They aren’t constantly at his disposal, but they travel with him on occasion and help him out with situations they may find themselves in. He has yet to catch any of them, mostly because he already has six Pokemon, but also because he doesn’t have access to a Pokemon bank to put them in safely.

Likes: Collax is partial to nature, specifically tropical forests and beachsides. He loves the outdoors, and in turn, hates being confined indoors. He also enjoys delicacies of any kind, and will take any chance he gets to be the first in line for food. Other than these, Collax enjoys fishing, bouldering, generally breaking things, and conversation.

Dislikes: Collax is one of those people who often hates standing still, but also loves the peace and quiet at times. A mixture of sluggish and outgoing, Collax will do everything he can to avoid boredom, and has a constant problem with landscape that isn’t vibrantly green or inviting. He also seems to hate Pinap berries (for whatever reason), avoids drama/romance, and shows very distinct hatred of injustice.

And while I'm hear, is Battle Bond still a thing? I'm not going to be involved in the actual competition, but I am wondering if it is, because in other roleplays, Collax and his partner Barkley had a Battle Bond ability.

Last edited:

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Well, I only know a few of what's going on.

Milo and Maskerin, are traveling to an island to challenge the last kahuna needed for them to move on. Shiori (Bless his soul, personality is top tier) and Robby are having a battle while the Pokemon champion JC and assistant Hades are watching by the sidelines with one of the four elites, Willow.

I'm actually not sure about the rest of the rpers but I believe there were two people (I forgot who I'm srry) who's also going to challenge the last kahuna who met by coincidently in a pokemon center I think. (I'm not sure...?)

Ack, this probably isn't enough information for you but it at least tells you a little bit about what's going on around here. The biggest attraction right now I think can help you start off somewhere is probably whether the battle Shiori and Robby are in or challenging the last kahuna as most of us are going for them.

That's plenty of information, thank you.

Collax already went through the Island Challenge, but I would assume he'd show up around there. I'll leave room for a post or two before I make my entrance.

May I have permission to join if I'm not too late? I haven't thought much of my OC out but uh- here goes.

Name: Jasmine Silverwood ( If anyone has that name already please let me know, I'll change it immediately since I just mashed up two words randomly. )
Sexuality: Straight ( And not interested in love, right now. I don't think Jasmine will ever be, to be honest. )
Appearance: Jasmine has black hair and aqua-blue eyes. She normally wears a simple red-colored shirt, light blue colored jeans and brown combat boots, as she finds them comfortable to wear.

Personality: Jasmine is a kind-hearted and generous trainer though she is also cautious and likes observing others from afar before interacting with them because she doesn't want to accidentally hurt their feelings. She is a little introverted as she usually likes the safety of her bed.

Partner: Gardevoir, Elaine.

Pokemon: Elaine the Gardevoir (Shiny/Female), Hop the Greninja (Shiny/Male), Puff the Dragonite (Male), Firefly the Volcarona (Male), Artemis the Decidueye (Female) and Cross the Metagross(N/A).

(Artemis was left on the streets by some trainer, Jasmine couldn't bear to see it so she took the Rowlet into her home and later nicknamed her Artemis when the Rowlet didn't want to leave Jasmine, same with all the others on her team.)

Region: Originally Kalos, now Alola.

Backstory(Optional): N/A

( AaAAA-
Everyone else's seems way better than mines-
Also here's a trainer card of Jasmine. )

trainercard-Jasmine (2).png

I guess Jasmine would be a new challenger but considering the team she has she'll probably complete it soon...

Last edited: