• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Kanto region! (Discussion)

Oh god no, that is an interesting expression to say the least.
Dr.Stone has some of the best facial expressions...
hqdefault.jpg

311.gif

back on topic... Hey lazy, Will your pikachu be a speaking one or regular one? The reason I ask this is because if he is regular there isn't really a way for it to communicate with the humans. Might be funny to have a pikachu occasionally visiting the party as a "running gag" ,but ultimately if he can't talk the interactions are limited. Also as the others pointed out the problems of catching an RPer controlled pokémon it seems unlikely it would get caught.

Last edited:
Luckily for charmander there's a magical word all pokémon fans know well. "Grind". With the power of grinding a charmander can mop the floor with brock. Literally not metaphorically. It will pick Brock up, dip his hair in soapy water ,and mop the gym floors while simultaneously making geodude and onix watch.

This actually brings me to a question. Obviously we aren't going to go into full detail if the pokémon grinding to a suitable level to battle Brock. So what are your thoughts on dealing with this subject?

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
This actually brings me to a question. Obviously we aren't going to go into full detail if the pokémon grinding to a suitable level to battle Brock. So what are your thoughts on dealing with this subject?
Since we don’t really have levels, I imagine grinding wouldn’t be too necessary (if that’s what you mean by the question). But we could have a few incidents of trainer battles before the gym or even a run in with team rocket which could be pretty cool imo. So maybe just have our Pokemon gain more experience with battling first.

Since we don’t really have levels, I imagine grinding wouldn’t be too necessary (if that’s what you mean by the question). But we could have a few incidents of trainer battles before the gym or even a run in with team rocket which could be pretty cool imo. So maybe just have our Pokemon gain more experience with battling first.
That's what I meant. I should have phrased that better. It wouldn't seem likely to win your first battle against a gym leader. Even for bulbasaur it seems really unlikely. Brock may be the first gym leader ,but you would think hes still a gym leader with strategies. Wouldn't be surprised if he had one for grass types.

Jayblade

I plan to have Charmander evolve in Taichi’s second battle against Lt. Surge, after he lost the first one.

And have Pidgey evolve in an encounter with Team Rocket or something along the lines of that.

Speaking of Team Rocket, would you guys mind if we introduce them just before the first gym? I was thinking our characters could encounter them while training or something, and then just before they get into a battle with us, Brock could come across it and prevent it, that way also serving as a cool introduction to him too. I might not’ve explained that too well but it should translate better in the actual rp.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Team Rocket could try to rob the Pewter museum. Squirtle's useless for Misty, Surge and Erika, so Tidal's going to have to evolve against Sabrina in the first battle, even though Kris would likely lose. Pikachu and Scyther are going to have to evolve at Celadon Mart. Also, how would trade evolutions work? With an item, would they just evolve while holding the necessary item? Or another way?

I would assume trade evolutions like machamp and gengar evolve just like venasaur or poliwrath. Hate trade evolutions btw... I could never have my favorite pokémon like machamp, scizor ,or slowking because I didn't know anyone I could trade with and buying another gameboy and another game would cost way too much just to have my favorite pokémon...

Jayblade

I would assume trade evolutions like machamp and gengar evolve just like venasaur or poliwrath. Hate trade evolutions btw... I could never have my favorite pokémon like machamp, scizor ,or slowking because I didn't know anyone I could trade with and buying another gameboy and another game would cost way too much just to have my favorite pokémon...
I also hate trade evolutions due to my brother who tricked me into basically giving him a Machamp.

And yeah pokemon that evolve by trade will most likely evolve naturally in this rp.

I also quite like the idea of Team Rocket attempting to rob the museum. Also seems like a good way for our characters to be introduced to them. Btw what type of team rocket do you guys think we should go for here. More “cartoonish” villains like the anime. Or for an actually intimidating organisation.

I also hate trade evolutions due to my brother who tricked me into basically giving him a Machamp.

And yeah pokemon that evolve by trade will most likely evolve naturally in this rp.

I also quite like the idea of Team Rocket attempting to rob the museum. Also seems like a good way for our characters to be introduced to them. Btw what type of team rocket do you guys think we should go for here. More “cartoonish” villains like the anime. Or for an actually intimidating organisation.

I know where this is heading!
iohyw6txi8b31.jpg

b602cdff3af39d7ab313b1c4a4fcc26c.jpg

So I take it you would like a more goofy Team Rocket?
Hmmm. I like the goofy team rocket so in a way yes ,but in a way I meant that purely jokingly. I could go either way really. Although if we are allowed to make villains I wouldn't mind making a team rocket goofball... I'd probably have to think of a wild west outlaw so he could continue the theme of reference... that's if that's allowed of course. Theres no hard feelings if you say no.
Jessie and james reference to a guy named Jessie James Butch and Cassidy... reference to another guy named butch Cassidy...

Last edited:

Jayblade

Hmmm. I like the goofy team rocket so in a way yes ,but in a way I meant that purely jokingly. I could go either way really. Although if we are allowed to make villains I wouldn't mind making a team rocket goofball... I'd probably have to think of a wild west outlaw so he could continue the theme of reference... that's if that's allowed of course. Theres no hard feelings if you say no.
Jessie and james reference to a guy named Jessie James Butch and Cassidy... reference to another duo named butch and Cassidy...
I’m completely fine with you making your own team rocket member, in fact I like the idea, and may make one of my own.

I'll make a lady named "Sam" reference to Sam Bass
5ccabe5556b04.image.jpg

Name: Sam
Height: 5'9 ft.
Appearance: pale skin, mint green eyes, long blue hair that goes down to her hips which is usually combed back into a ponytail while her bangs rest just above her eyebrows
Clothing: similar to Cassidy(team rocket) except white instead of black. She usually wears a long brown trench coat to covering most of her outfit .
Personality: Sam is quite the vain woman always thinks highly of her abilities which leads her to dive into situations head first without thinking of the consequences. Her actions are often fueled by her obsessions which are wealth, fashion ,and food.
Hometown: Fuscia City
Pokemon team: Misdreavus(Missy) ,and Munchlax(Mob)
Backstory: Sam grew up in a fairly poor family that could barely afford to keep themselves fed. Because of her poor upbringing she often ate more food than she needed when presented the opportunity as when she was young she never knew when her next meal would be. Despite her eating habits shes fairly thin fue to her high metabolism ,and active lifestyle. Sam joined a group of thieves of an early age. Her decision to be a thief was a product of her desire of wealth ,and finery things like jewelry or other expensive trinkets. This eventually led her to joining team rocket. Sam joined team rocket just a short while before it was officially dissolved however despite cutting the head off the snake some of its members continued moving on.

Last edited:

Jayblade

I'll make a lady named "Sam" reference to Sam Bass
5ccabe5556b04.image.jpg

Name: Sam
Height: 5'9 ft.
Appearance: pale skin, mint green eyes, long blue hair that goes down to her hips which is usually combed back into a ponytail while her bangs rest just above her eyebrows
Clothing: similar to Cassidy(team rocket) except white instead of black. She usually wears a long brown trench coat to covering most of her outfit .
Personality: Sam is quite the vain woman always thinks highly of her abilities which leads her to dive into situations head first without thinking of the consequences. Her actions are often fueled by her obsessions which are wealth, fashion ,and food.
Hometown: Fuscia City
Pokemon team: Misdreavus(Missy) ,and Munchlax(Mob)
Backstory: Sam grew up in a fairly poor family that could barely afford to keep themselves fed. Because of her poor upbringing she often ate more food than she needed when presented the opportunity as when she was young she never knew when her next meal would be. Despite her eating habits shes fairly thin fue to her high metabolism ,and active lifestyle. Sam joined a group of thieves of an early age. Her decision to be a thief was a product of her desire of wealth ,and finery things like jewelry or other expensive trinkets. This eventually led her to joining team rocket. Sam joined team rocket just a short while before it was officially dissolved however despite cutting the head off the snake some of its members continued moving on.
Accepted! Would you like Sam to be part of a duo, like Jessie and James (And Butch and Cassidy). Cause I would like to make a Team Rocket member and I think it would be cool to have a duo personally.

Jayblade

I was thinking either houndor, or the fox pokemon from Galar. (I forgot the name.) I have not decided fully so I will work on it when I have the chance.
If you were to go with one out of those two I would maybe say Houndor as I don’t really want too many Pokemon from later generations past gen 2 really, a few are fine but I just don’t want too many. If I were to suggest a Pokemon, may I suggest Sneasel?

Jayblade

Name: Kane (Named after Morgan Kane).
Height: 5’10.
Appearance: Kane has spiked blonde hair (in a similar style to Gohan from DBZ) accompanied by bright purple eyes. He is fairly skinny and decently tall. He also has a small scar just above his left eye, that he got from an encounter with a wild Meowth when he was younger.
Clothing: When working he obviously wears the classic Team Rocket uniform, but in white. Along with his uniform he also wears a black cap, most of the time. He also has many disguises.
Personality: Kane definitely isn’t the brightest bulb in the Team Rocket organisation. He often comes up with pretty dumb ideas and is a natural coward. And despite being a member of a criminal organisation, Kane isn’t fairly kindhearted and genuinely cares about his and other people’s Pokemon.
Hometown: Vermillion City.
Pokemon team: Grimer: A very loving Pokemon that often just wants live and attention from his trainer, and it shows this by smothering himself all over Kane.
Pinsir: Pinsir is very aggressive and doesn’t really listen to Kane at all. And it often just does what it wants in battle, not listening to Kane’s commands.

So @ThAtGuY101 if we’re having the two Rocket members be partners. Shall I Just have Kane be with Sam in my next post or will they meet at the museum or something?