• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Kanto region! (Discussion)

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Not too big? Not too small? I'm not sure really but sure ,but I don't think I'd want them to be the main focus. That's my opinion. What are your opinions?
Pretty much the same as me, so I’ll probably just keep them as a little side thing where our cast just has a few run ins with them, but leave their role pretty small.

And after that I can’t think of much more that’s needed to be discussed. Anybody got any questions before I go on to make the thread?

I'm assuming whatever team rocket members we face will likely be working secretively possibly with their outfits covered? Like a trench coat over outfit or just a different outfit all together. These are just ideas of course. Maybe they are just bold and wear their outfits proudly... I'd still assume they would likely try avoid law enforcement seeing how their disbanded organization and all...

Jayblade

I'm assuming whatever team rocket members we face will likely be working secretively possibly with their outfits covered? Like a trench coat over outfit or just a different outfit all together. These are just ideas of course. Maybe they are just bold and wear their outfits proudly... I'd still assume they would likely try avoid law enforcement seeing how their disbanded organization and all...
Yeah that would be better, it’s sorta dumb that they always just where the outfits just instantly showing that they’re a team rocket member, and trench coats are cool so it would be nice if they worse something along the lines of one.

Anyways as I’ve said would you guys be ready to start the actual rp? Because I plan to get working on the thread today.

I should have asked this question sooner ,but I didn't think of it. We all know contests weren't a thing in the kanto games so I was curious. Are we going to assume contests were there from the get go like mega evolution in omega ruby alpha saphire or will it be something new in kanto just starting to become popular?

Jayblade

I should have asked this question sooner ,but I didn't think of it. We all know contests weren't a thing in the kanto games so I was curious. Are we going to assume contests were there from the get go like mega evolution in omega ruby alpha saphire or will it be something new in kanto just starting to become popular?
Yep contests are gonna be a thing.

Jayblade

Not sure. It'd be unlikely that Kris travel with anyone else, but she could if she lost a battle to one of them or something like that. If she did travel with them, she'd probably wouldn't be too nice starting out though.
Same with Taichi, he can come off as very arrogant and pretentious sometimes, and his Charmander somewhat follows that.

Jayblade

Taichi would just want a travel buddy. He’d try and cover it up by saying it would be just keep Hisato company or to look after him, but in reality he just doesn’t want to be lonely.

And btw I decided make a trainer card for Taichi’s future team, so I thought I’d post it here.
upload_2020-3-25_17-18-56.png

Lmk if any of you have any issues.

Taichi would just want a travel buddy. He’d try and cover it up by Sting it would be just keep Hisato company or to look after him, but in reality he just doesn’t want to Ben lonely.

And btw I decided make a trainer card for Taichi’s future team, so I thought I’d post it here.
View attachment 796439
Lmk if any of you have any issues.
Very neat future team. A lot of type coverage. All great pokémon really. A pseudo-dragon, angry monkey, bubble blowing king, the OG ghosty boi, a hedgehog that likes to play in the sand ,and the battery boi.