• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Sinnoh Journey

"Greetings to all new trainers," said Professor Rowan. "Before you start your adventure, we wanted to inform them of a new danger ... I imagine that most of you have already heard about Team Galactic, which was dissolved a few years ago, we regret to report that they have returned as Team Galactic 2 ..." -people look confused and start whispering- "We do not know their purposes, so we wanted to warn you that if they find someone with a G2 symbol on their clothes, do not go near him ... After giving that warning, we ask that those who need a pokédex, come to the table where my assistants will give them one each. That's it, thanks for listening "

"I wonder what that's about, but I don't know about you but I plan on fighting them and I don't care how dangerous they are! Anyways let's get our Dex's" James said eagerly

Josuke walked up to the table, and picked up one of the pokedexes layer out on the table. "Hey proffesor," Josuke began to say, while inspecting the pokedex "How are we supposed to know what a G2 logo looks like? I don't really want these people taking my pokemon."

James walks up to Rowan and thanks him for this opportunity and grabs his Pokedex and goes to where Zem is waiting for him as he's walking to Zen he scans the room to see that Blue already left, probably to beat the first gym and boast about it when James gets there.

"Well, we think it's a red" TG2 ", they put on the shoulder, they also usually dye their hair blue, red or purple, and they wear white and gray suits." says Proffesor Rowan.

Last edited:
"Yea sure but first do you wanna see what Pokemon are here before we head off? I'd like to at least have 4 Pokemon." With that, they walked out of the lab and headed off.

"I think I see a shiny!" James exclaimed running off leaving Zen behind.

Josuke walked over to Jamez and Zen, and started rolling a poke all into his hands. "Hey, do you two mind if I travel with you? I think if we travel as a group, we'll have a less chance of accidents happening." He then smiled as he finished the next sentence. "Besides, having two rivals would be fun."

"Really!? Wait me!" said Zen and then went after him running, but he failed to reach it "Well, I suppose I'll also look for a pokemon for me..." suddenly saw a group of zubat coming out of a cave "Hmm, a Crobat
would not be bad... Go, Turtwig!"
(shortening, Zen caught the Zubat)
Turning, he saw Josuke asking him if he could travel with them.
"Well ... of course, I do not see why not!

Last edited:
James was walking back and sees Josuke, after Josuke asks him James replies "Yea that's a great idea it's like or own TG2 group" James said jokingly, "Anyways," He started "It, unfortunately, wasn't a shiny just a weird Pokemon I'd never seen before but it got away before I could get a closer look"

"So what are you two looking for?"

"Yeah, let's go... hum, what is that sound?" said Zen, before realizing that there was a huge Onix that had come off the ground, and looked very angry.

Josuke jumped back in surprise, and also collided with the onix. "Woah! Alright, let's do this! I choose you Star Platinum!" Josuke grabbed a poke ball from his bag and through out a machop, which had a glimmering effect as it popped out of the pokeball. "Macha!" It cried out as it entered the field.

A friendly reminder that posts here should be at least a paragraph long. All these one-liners have got to stop. Put some description and content into your posts, please.
(ok noted thanks :) )

The Onix quickly dodged Buizel's Mud Slap and it ended up hitting Eon causing him to miss as well. Onix coils up around Buizel and uses wrap leaving it unable to attack under Onix's grip "Eon use Bullet Punch and make sure to not hit Buizel!"

Eon dove towards the Onix with his Bullet Punch charged up and ready to strike, the Onix makes an attempt to dodge but gets hit regardless of its attempts and left it at 1 HP Since it had sturdy but got hit by Kames absorb immediately after. "Might as well catch it" James said as he threw a Pokeball at it, but as soon as it hit it broke.

"HEY!" A voice said from the distance, "Don't you dare try and steal my Pokemon, it's mine!" The mystery voice came out of the trees and shadows. They had green short hair and wore a dark grey uniform with G2 on it! They quickly recalled the Onix and left without a word.

"Did you see that! They were a TG2 member! Quick let's go to the next town and tell Rowan!" Said, James.

The three of them ran to Jubilife City, which in the end was closer than Sandgem Town. Once there they went to the Pokémon Center and contacted Professor Rowan via a PC.
"Professor Rowan! We came across a TG2 member," Zen said.
"Really? Tell me you did not fight it..."
"Well, we were walking on the way to Jubilife City, and there an Onix attacked us, we defeated him and James tried to capture him, but it turns out he was the Onix of a TG2 member, who picked up his Onix and left"
"I understand, be very careful, maybe there are some weaker than others, but we think they have a dangerous weapon up their sleeve"
"// beep // connection completed // beep //" said the PC.

"Nice job, star platinum." Josuke said as he returned his pokemon. The three boys went to jubilife city where they contacted the proffesor. After the call Josuke wandered about the city, looking for something to do. He eventually wandered a little bit out of the town, and into nearby tall grass. He saw a smeargle and eagerly through a pokeball to challenge it. "Let's go! Echoes!" Josuke said, throwing out the pokeball. Out popped a Whsimur, who called its name as it came out.

"Echoes, use supersonic!" Josuke called, and his pokemon confused their target with an ear piercing roar. "All right, now use echoed voice!" After that, the smeargle was clearly weakened enough to be caught. Josuke threw a great ball, and caught the smeargle. "All right, let's see what the pokedex has to say about you.." Josuke said, opening up his new pokedex. "It marks its territory by using its tail like a paintbrush. There are more than 5,000 different marks." The machine beeped. "Alright then, I'm gonna call you... Heaven's Door!" Josuke laughed, putting the great ball in his bag. He then walked back to jubilife to show Zen and Eon his new pokemon.

"A Smeargle!" said Zen looking Heaven's Door (lol haha) "reminds me of an old friend"
After their pokémon finished resting, they left the Pokémon Center, and seeing that it began to dusk, they went to rest in an inn that was near the place. When they entered, they were attended by a humble old woman who let them rest in separate rooms.
The following day, Zen preferred to look for a last pokémon to have already four, and of course to train a little to their pokémon to the outskirts of the city.
Zen managed to capture a Psyduck that sighted in a nearby lake, which knew Water Gun, Confusion, Scratch and Fury Swipes. The Psyduck, who was male, ended up being called Koduc.
After training a little to his pokémon, Kame learned Razor Leaf, Cookie learned Quick Attack and Bite, Sidney (female Zubat) learned Bite, Wing Attack, and Confuse Ray besides already knowing Astonish and Absorb.

The following day Josuke decided to train his pokemon, seeing as how they would be fighting their first gym soon. He got Crazy Diamond( a ralts ) to level 14, his Star Platinum( a machop ) to level 12, his Echoes ( whismur ) to level 11, and of course he got Heavens Door up to level 11 as well. He even managed to sketch toxic off of a nearby Wurmple. "Hey guys," Josuke said, addressing the group "I think we should move out of Jubilife soon, Oreburgh city is just around the corner after all."

(is not necessary to follow the rule of pokemon levels)
"Sure" said Zen, with Kame in his shoulder.
Before going to Oreburgh City, the three went to buy some things like potions, food, water, etc. Already when they had everything ready they set off to the next city, already prepared to face the gym.
Apparently nothing interesting happened, halfway down the road, where Kame noticed a movement in the bushes.
"Turt? Turtwig!" she exclaimed, looking at the bushes.
"Hey, what's up, Kame?" asked Zen.
Kame stepped down from Zen's shoulder, then ran towards the forest, after a few seconds to get out of there.
Behind Kame, a Skuntank and a Koffing appeared, who appeared to be the two TG2 member's pokémon.

Last edited:
( I know, I'm just giving a way t show that they're around that strength if this was akin to real pokemon )

"More TG2's? Fine, let's do this! Crazy Diamond!" He exclaimed, sending out his Ralts. "Let's go, use confusion!" He called out, and his pokemon responded by taking out the Skuntank. "Great job, Crazy D." He said as the Ralts walked back towards him. "All right, who wants to help take out the koffing?" Josuke asked.

"Go, Koduc!" said Zen, sending out his Psyduck. "Use Confusion!"
Psyduck's eyes began to glow in a pink color, then to throw a purple ray at the Koffing which did him enough damage to end up fainting.
"Ugh, damn, our boss will know!" Said the first member.
"Do not exaggerate, they are just spoiled, the next we have to choose some stronger, let's go!" Said the second, then run off with the first.
"In the end they were weaker than I thought, anyway, we should continue to get to Oreburgh City soon," Zen said.

James wasn't there while the battle went down since he was looking for Pokemon of his own, wow he thought this is great and ventured on further into the tall grass where he spotted an injured Pokemon, as he approached it he discovered an injured Ralts that appeared abanded.

"Oh my, what happened to you," James said aloud as he approached the Pokemon he decided to quickly grab it up and take it to the nearby Pokecenter where he found his friends.

"What happened to you guys? You look out of breath..." James asked curiously as he looked from Zen, who was panting and had his hands on his knees, and to Josuke, who was sitting down sweating and breathing heavily like they had run here or away from something.

"Oh...it's nothing..." Josuke tried to say inbetween breaths. "Just a couple of...TG2... Grunts is all..." He wiped his brow, and walked to a mirror to fix his hair. "It wasn't anything we...couldn't handle though.." "Man, hopefully we beat Oreburgh gym by tomorrow..." Josuke thought to himself.

"Yeah, it was not difficult... but remember that they have a "secret weapon", what do you think it will be, maybe a pokémon that we have never seen?" Zen said, and then came Nurse Joy with the group's already recovered pokémon. "Oh, our pokémon are already nice, well, I guess I'll go to the yesterday inn, I'm tired enough and I'm already sleepy, I'll see you tomorrow" Zen said after going to his pokémon, go to the inn to rest.

"What! Just a couple TG2 grunts! What did they do!" James yelled a little too loud and looked embarrassed. He even forgot that he still had the Ralts in his arms, "I'm gonna take care of this" James said motioning to the Ralts

"James! Your Ralts is all good!" Replied the nurse with a smile on her face.

"Thanks so much you're a real lifesaver!" James turned his attention to the Ralts, "Ok so whats your name?"

"Ra-ralts!" replied the small Pokemon with a smile "Ok well Ralts you're good to go now"
The Ralts started to walk out but turned back to see James care to his own Pokemon and turned back and started back towards James.
His Riolu, Eon, saw this and thought it was attacking, so it growled at the Ralts who hid behind a bench. James noticed this and went up to the Ralts, "So, you came back huh? Do you wanna join me?" and the Pokemon replied by pressing its hand against the Pokeball James placed down and caught itself.

"Wow so that's how you get a Ralts, huh." is all James managed to say, and now his team was made up of a level 18 Riolu, level 12 Buizel, and level 5 Ralts. Proud of himself James walked up to Zen to show off. "Look what I got!" he said excitedly as he released the Ralts from its Pokeball, temporarily and decided to hit the hay as well and suggested that Zen does the same.

Then, after spending the night in the inn, the group was ready to face the gym.
"I hope to be prepared, I'm going to go over my equipment ... Kame to 15, Cookie to 15, Sydney to 13 and
Koduc to 14" Zen said.
After they entered together they found themselves in a dark room, which after lighting showed a man dressed mostly black.
"Welcome to the Oreburgh City, after Roark retired, I, Kent, took over the gym for him, I specialize in dark type pokémon" Kent said, letting a Poochyena out of a Super Ball. "Then who of you will be first?" Kent asked.

"Well, I guess I'll go first." Josuke threw his first pokeball, and out came a machop. "Star platinum will be my first pokemon." He said with a grin. "All right, let's start out with focus energy!" He commanded his pokemon. "Macha!" It called out in response

(i guess i will control Kent)
"Poochyena, use Sand Attack and then Howl!" said Kent.
"Pooch!" exclaimed Poochyena and then cast a heap of sand into the eyes of Star Platinum, and then increased his attack with Howl.
"Now! Use Tackle!" said Kent, and then Poochyena tackled Star Platinum.

"Star Platinum, jump into the air!" Josuke commanded, and SP dodged the attack "Now use Mach punch!" He called out and SP managed to land the attack, just barely. "Okay, now let's use Bulk Up!" Josuke said, and machop boosted its offense and defense.

"Okay, use Dig!" Kent said.
Poochyena began to dig a hole in which he hid, to then leave the ground and hit SP.
"Now use Sand Attack again and again!"

( should we establish that I am going to win? )

SP took the hit from dig, and survived because of the bulk up, and only hung on by a bit. "SP, use counter!" Josuke shouted, with little hope left for the beginning of the fight. "Man, I hope this works" Josuke thought to himself. Miraculously, the attack hit and poochyena was taken down. "Star Platinum, return!" He called, returning the machop to its pokeball, seeing as how it couldn't really fight.

(Well, we're all supposed to win)
"Come back, Poochyena ... Go, Sneasel! Use Agility!
Sneasel increased his speed a lot, and began to wait for the next Pokémon of Josuke.

"Damn it, this is what SP would've been useful for. All right, let's go with Echoes!" Josuke threw out his next pokeball, a whismur. "Echoes, use echoed voice!" He called out, and he started to set up his next strategy. Sneasel stop to cover its ears, and it stood wide open. "Keep it up and use headbutt!" Josuke commanded, and echoes rammed into sneasel whilst screaming the whole time.

(Do you prefer two or three pokémon?)
"Sneasel, use Taunt and then Metal Claw!" ordered Kent.
"Sneas, sneasel!" Sneasel disabled Echoes no-harm attacks, and then with his silver claws scratched strongly at Whismur.

( I'd say three )

Echoes was able to tank the hit, and throughout the battle echoed voice was doing increasingly more and more damage as the battle went on. "Okay, echoes, let's use circle throw!" With that, echoes grabbed the sneasel and spun it around, then threw it into the wall, which almost ko'd it.

"Now, use Rock Smash!" ordered Kent.
With agility, Sneasel moved around the room confusing Echoes, in order to hit a strong and effective punch in Whismur.
"Now, use Quick Attack!"

Echoes took the hits, and fainted. Josuke dug for his next pokeball, and found what he needed. "I choose you, Heavens Door!" Josuke threw the pokeball, and out came his new smeargle. "Alright HD, let's use toxic!" Josuke said as the smeargle whipped purple goop from its tale at smeargle, steadily doing damage. "Okay, now let's use our other sketched move, protect. We're gonna poison you to defeat!" Josuke cried out as HD assumed a defensive position, and sneasel was taken down slowly.