• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Pokemon RP: The Conversion Crisis

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie's voice was noticeably more high-pitched than before, another side effect of the transformation.
"Well.. this is what I've come up with... that weird energy turned us into Pokemon. No idea why or how though... this is so strange.. I can't handle this.."
Eclipse approached Allie. She was over a foot taller than Allie now, making Eclipse act awkwardly.
"Yes, I presume that is what happened. Eve and I felt it, but obviously it didn't affect us much. I feel like my moves are energized slightly but that's about it."
Eve came up as well, still as nonchalant as ever. "Yeah! You passed out, and then you started glowing blue, and your body parts began to change, and you got really short, and now you're a Kirlia, and you can understand us and-"
"Eve. She's obviously shocked. Have a little considerateness," Eclipse reprimanded.

Meanwhile, Allie decided to wake up the Sewaddle. Making sure to be extremely gentle, she tapped on the converted Pokemon.
"Hello? Are you okay?" she asked, concerned.

Gracia woke up and jumped back. "W-what's going on?" she cried. All of her Pokemon shook their heads, each for a different reason. Rosa shook her head because that what the other two were doing. Mushroom shook his due to the fact he now had to deal with a buggy trainer. Serveria shook her head due to the fact her trainer was still so timid, even when she was a Pokemon. The converted Sewaddle looked down and saw she had no feet, but little nubs. She got worried and started to scream.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie's pink horns began to glow slightly. A pink glow moved onto the Sewaddle, much to Allie's confusion.
Eclipse, however, knew what was happening. She filled Allie in.
"Kirlia have the ability to sense and relieve the negative emotions of humans and Pokemon. That must be what just happened. Because you aren't used to your power yet, it likely won't do much, but it may relieve some of the distress of the Sewaddle."

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
THUNK!

"...Owww..." Duncan grumbled, confused. Something felt off, and it wasn't just the random pain in his head that woke him up. He slowly opened his eyes, looking up at the trees surrounding him. The branches were swaying gently in the wind, spinning around his vision, and for a second, he thought he was just dreaming.

"Ugh. That hurt... are you okay Duncan...?" Bones huffed from next to him as he rubbed his skull.

Duncan turned his head to look at Bones, "Yeah, I'm... fine..." He paused for a moment, not quite able to comprehend that his pokemon just spoke. Yep, it had to be a dream.

Perigrine slowly hovered forwards before losing control again. He zoomed upwards before stopping short, causing him to tumble through the air.

Gah! Help meee! What is even going on?

He saw the other Pokémon waking up and freaking out, and was on the verge of an idea when he bumped into another tree. He slid slowly down and stopped, hovering about a foot from the ground.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli looked around at all the chaos around him, he was internally panicking, but he knew that would go nowhere. he sat down and waited for everyone to calm down. he looked at Razor "Uh, I guess I ask you now, what happened?" Razor thought for a second "Well, when you passed out, this glow enveloped you, and you changed" Veon bounced up and down "And now you're a pokemon!"

Although Allie did calm her down a little bit, Gracia was still scared. No longer of what she had become, but of all of the Pokemon around her. Now that she was one herself, Gracia gained more discomfort around new Pokemon. When she was a human, this didn't bug her, but now she needed to get away from everyone. What could a little bug do to defend herself! Most of the Pokemon here were either evolved Pokemon, or was strong against her. She was defencless, and she could feel it.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Ron murmured something quietly as he started to wake up, he felt like he is opening his eyes while in fact they was closed.
The first thing he saw was a small pile of berries, but for some reason they looked a lot more bigger and juicier.
Ron looked around, everything looked bigger all in a sudden, thoughts passed in the boy's head.
Wh-whats going on...? Is that... a drea- his thoughts were cut off when he heard an oddly familiar voice, "oh, you are awake! What a relief".

Ron turned his head to see a big chikorita holding two big oran berries with her vines.
"B-b-bloom? I-is that y-you? D-did you just... Ta-ta-talked?!" Ron asked a bit terrified and confused, he wasn't expecting his pokemon to talk normally like a human.
"I was worried, you just collapsed and you didn't wake up. I thought maybe i should gather some berries for you" Bloom explained calmly, "i figured out that you can understand me now that you are a Pokemon".

"Po-po-pokemon?!" Ron said immediately as he panicked a bit, he quickly looked at his hands, instead of his normals hands there were yellowish paws.
"B-but how?..." He said quietly as he tried to calm himself down, all those things happened so quickly.
"Well, i am quite confused myself. When i tried to wake you up a blue energy started to surround you, then you started to transform into a Cyndaquil" Bloom explained calmly and hoped her trainer would understand

It took time for Ron to respond, "i-i am confused..." He said as he tried to stand on two legs, but he immediately lost balance and fell backwards.
"Eat this, it would make you feel better" Bloom giggled and said as she gave him one of the oran berries that was in her vines, "maybe theres someone who know how to turn you back, we should go and search through the forest" she suggested.
"T-thanks..." Ron appreciated gently and started to eat the big berry, it was more delicious than the last time he ate it, probably because he is a pokemon now,
"T-thank you..." Ron appreciated again.

"Im glad you are okay, let go" Bloom said and started to walk through the woods as Ron follows her, thought begun to form in the Cyndaquil's mind.
So i somehow transformed into a small Cyndaquil and i can understand pokemons... It can explain why everyone was bigger, but why i turned into a pokemon in the first place? And how exactly?

Krisseon

Duncan slowly sat up, hearing the chaos all around him. He rubbed his head, noticing his arm looked different. He looked at his hands, seeing they'd been replaced with greyish blue, claw like ones. What was this? These weren't his arms. He looked around at all the panicking pokemon, all talking in a language he could actually understand.

He must've hit his head pretty hard.

He jumped as his thoughts were interrupted by a Magnamite running into the tree he was next to and jumped up, wobbling a little bit on his new legs. "Whoa!" He shouted, looking at him in both surprise and curiosity, "Are... you okay?"

Bones sat up and looked at the two, then at all the other trainers-turned-pokemon panicking. He wasn't really sure how to handle all of this himself. "
This has been a weird day..."

Krisseon

Duncan folded his arms in thought. After a few moments, he shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm pretty sure this is all a weird dream. Or maybe a hallucination from a concussion? I did just fall out of a tree. Or.. something like that, I don't know. There's no way this is real..." He looked at Bones, unsure of himself. "...Right...?"

The Bone Keeper pokemon sighed and shook his head. "Nope. It's real. Y'all got turned into pokemon somehow when you were zapped by that weird energy wave. No idea why, but that's what happened." He hoped they wouldn't freak out too bad. "Duncan, you're kind of... well, you're a Banette now, buddy... It kinda suits you though!" He grinned with a little chuckle, then looked at the Magnet pokemon. "And, you're a Magnemite... er, whatever your name is."

"Oh..." Duncan murmured. He couldn't really figure out how to feel about that. "Well... uhh... we should... probably figure out how to... fix it... then?" He spoke slowly, his head feeling fuzzy from the shock. Bones nodded slowly, amused by his trainer's stupor. "Yeaaah, that's a good first step.... but... how?" Duncan shrugged uselessly, looking at the Megnemite for any ideas.

Gracia shrunk back due to the Sylveon's outburst. She could feel the tears welling in her bead-like eyes. She laid her head on the ground and shook with fear. The Sewing-Pokemon wished that everyone around her would just go away! "Calm down," a voice said quietly as she felt a leave-like hand touch her back as it started to pat her. This must be Serveria. Gracia stopped shivering so badly, but she still felt the fear of all the new Pokemon around her.

Krisseon

Duncan sighed in relief when the onslaught ended, looking at the electric/steel type and could tell he was sizing him and his partner up. He raised a metaphorical eyebrow, cause, y'know, pokemon don't have actual eyebrows. "Don't worry, I ain't gonna hurt ya... I'm just as confused about all this as you are. 'Sides, it's not so bad being a pokemon," He shrugged, "Could be worse I guess, y'know? We'll figure it out."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie was blasted with the negative emotions of the converted, her horns glowing radiantly. She began growing dizzy, crying out in pain.
"Allie!" Eclipse cried. "Someone, she needs help immediately! The emotions of this group have overloaded her sensory abilities and she is in pain!"
Allie staggered, falling to the ground. She didn't pass out, but was clearly not doing well.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie's shaking had died down, as the ribbons calmed her. She slowly got back up, the glow of her horns disappearing.
"I - I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to worry anyone... I just got this blast of sadness and fear and anger... and it was painful... it was too much for me to handle. Thank you, Eli." She smiled weakly, before turning to the Sewaddle from before. "Hey, are you okay? If there's anything I can do to help, let me know."

Krisseon

Duncan looked around and noticed a group of pokemon not far away, seeming in distress. Maybe they knew what was going on? He approached them, a bit wobbly still on his new legs, with Bones following behind, snickering at his trainer's inexperience.

"Yo. You guys know anything about this whole being turned into pokemon business?" Bones waved at them from beside him.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie blinked. "I have no idea, to be frank. Maybe it had something to do with that weird energy in the air today? I doubt we just spontaneously turned into Pokemon..."
A look of determination appeared on her face. "We're in this together. So, I will make a suggestion. We should stay together, as a group, at least for a while. We'll be safer that way. All in favor?" She raised her short arm. Eve attempted to raise her paws but only fell over, raising her paw from the ground. Eclipse raised her paw as well, not falling over like Eve had.

(Scientific Laboratory, Somewhere in Kalos)

A cruel smile appeared on Harper's face. She read the screen, revealing that they had successfully found a group of trainers with the gene.
Now, for Part 2.
She moved over to an intercom, and began speaking into it, with her voice able to be heard through the entire base.
"This is Harper speaking. I need a squadron of Grunts and Top Grunts in the Laboratory as soon as possible."

Krisseon

Duncan looked over the group for a moment. A frightened Sewaddle, a caring Sylveon, a confused Magnemite, a frustrated Cyndaquil, and a determined Kirlia. What a squad. He put his hands in his sleeveless hoodie pocket that he'd just realized he had managed to keep on during the transformation and thought about it for a minute, looking off to the side with a hesitant shrug. "I guess I could stick around for a bit. Got nothin' better to do..."

(Back at the Lab)
Felicity, a trusted Admin, emerged from another area in the lab, her Salazzle, Mistress, at her side. She was delighted they'd found suitable candidates. She looked to her superior with a playful smirk. "M'lady. Should the grunts disappoint you," Her smirk became sinister, "just say the word. I would love to have a turn with our new toys..." Mistress snickered menacing beside her, itching to get out there and wreak havoc.

Perigrine slowly floated over, making noises of discomforture here and there. Luckily, he didn’t go flying screw over ballast this time. He was confused, still. Some of these Pokémon must be people, because he hadn’t seen them here when he first came to the clearing.

————————————————————

Rory appeared on the scene shortly after Felicity. He saluted both of his superiors and stood at attention, ready to recieve any orders.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Harper gave a nod of acknowledgement to Rory.
"Your mission is to go to Santalune Forest and capture at least one of the Converted. Prioritize those that are powerful. The devices that you all carry have been remotely upgraded to sense those with the gene; simply select the Gene Scanner app and point it at the Pokemon you suspect is one of our targets. I have found that among the converted are a Kirlia, a Sylveon, and a Sewaddle, but that is all I could gather. The Kirlia will be your optimal capture, due to it being powerful but yet to evolve fully, but any of them would be sufficient. Do not capture them within Pokeballs. You may subdue and capture them in any way you see fit, but do not harm them severely. Felicity will be commanding this mission, with Rory as co-commander. Is all of that clear?"

Krisseon

Felicity bowed in respect to her superior. "As you wish, M'lady." She called back to Rory, "Meet me outside. Route 2. I have a plan." And with that she calmly walked towards the exit of the building, Mistress never leaving her side. She had all she needed.

Duncan huffed, not really used to being told what to do by girly pokemon. "If you say so, 'fearless leader'. Not gonna lie though, I'm gettin' a little antsy here." Bones gave him a look that Duncan readily ignored. Now was not the time to be difficult.

Phoenix had stayed by Sam's side. He really had a hard time dealing with all of the new information that had just came to him. He was silently breaking down. Well that was until he heard about them satying there. He wanted out. He had been at this time in Sam's arms. He jumped down and walked over to the group. "I don't know about you guys but I don't want to stay here. I want out of here. I don't like this feeling I am having. It seems that whatever happened was probably caused by someone else. If we stay here then they will probably come to try and capture us. I will not let that happen." Phoenix was not happy about staying. He will not be a sitting duck for whoever cooked up this scheme.

Perigrine wasn’t really sure. If he was a Pokémon, then he could probably be caught... but he DEFINITELY needed time to adjust. So he just floated, slowly spinning.

Uh- well... I think we should stay... I’m having trouble moving around... I wanna go home...

He knew he sounded like a baby, saying that... but it was true. He just wanted to go home, his normal self, and play with his Sandile, Zade.

————————————————————

Rory, having gathered the nessescary items, walked to the rendezvous. He saluted as soon as he saw Felicity.

“Ma’am. What is the plan?”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie paused. "That seems logical. But... if they did come, how can they differentiate us from normal Pokemon? We have no physical indication that we're human - er, used to be human - and I'm pretty sure that we speak Pokemon too. Right, Eve?"
Eve nodded. "You're definitely not speaking human, that's for sure."
She pondered this momentarily, unsure now. She was growing anxious. Seeing Allie's distress, Eclipse decided to step in.
"Well, I'm not the best Pokemon for this, but here's my idea. I believe that we should move, but not outside Santalune Forest. The forest provides sufficient cover, as there's many more places to hide. And think about it. If whoever did this is coming for us, they'll likely see us as we leave. We'll be no better off. This forest is fairly large, meaning we won't be easy to find if we hide ourselves well." She stopped. "If anyone really desires to leave, even with the massive risk, say so now. I sense that it will not be a good idea - and trust me, sensing impending doom is the one thing I'm good at - but there is also danger if we stay. It's a coin flip. In the end, it's your choice."

"I say we go with the Absol here. I don't want to stay in this spot. I don't want to be a sitting duck. If we are movinf then we will be able to easily avoid others. Hey Allie I think you are called. Do you think you can try to use your telepathic abilities to talk with Sam. He can carry our metal friend here that way we can move a little faster." Phoenix had enough standing in the background. He will not let whoever done this to get any of them.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie looked slightly blank for a moment. "Telepathic abilities?"
Eve scoffed loudly. "You're a psychic type, for Arceus's sake!"
Allie blinked. "Oh. Right."
She focused intensely, an expression of concentration appearing on her face. She thought towards Sam, trying to use her assumed telepathic abilities.
Hello? This is Allie, the.. uh.. human-turned-Kirlia-or-something. Could you carry the Magnemite? It might make things a bit easier.

Sam looked around he was a little confused until he saw Phoenix among the group he walked over to them. "Uh I guess I can."

Phoenix looked to his pokemon who at this time had been sitting quietly. She walked over to her trainer. "Hey Sass do you think you can walk around the forest and see if you can find anyone who seems to be searching for something." The Mightyena noded her head and bound into the forest. She snuck as quietly as she could.