• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Pokemon RP: The Conversion Crisis

As Rory dug through his bag he did manage to find a Pokéball, and also a bag of Trail Mix. If this worked he wouldn’t even have to battle the Dedenne. He spread some Trail Mix at the base of the tree, then moved back a little ways, bringing Rocky with him. After a moment or two the Dedenne climbed down the tree and sniffed at the food. It looked curiously and slightly warily at Rory and Rockruff before picking up a piece and nibbling on it, still watching. It took a few minutes, but the Dedenne finished the handful of trail mix scattered by Rory, getting less and less wary as the food was eaten. Once it was gone it looked curiously at Rory for a moment or two.

“Ne ne ne! Ne denne ne?”

The Dedenne came closer and closer to Rory, stopping to glance nervously at Rocky once or twice, but still curious. It came to a halt about a yard away. Rory stuck his hand into the bag and pulled out a bit more Trail Mix, offering it to Dedenne. It took a moment for the mouse to gather enough courage, but it ran forward and snatched a piece out of Rory’s hand before running back to its spot a short distance away. This was repeated a few times before the Dedenne stopped running back and forth and just ate out of Rory’s hand. This whole time Rocky had been wagging his tail violently and would have leapt at the Dedenne if it hadn’t been for Rory’s hand on his back.

When the food in Rory’s palm ran out, the Dedenne looked up at the human, clearly asking for more.

“You can have more if you go inside this Pokéball. Then you can come back out and have more.”

He held out the Pokéball. Dedenne considred for a minute before reaching out a small paw to hit the Pokéball. The Dedenne disappeared inside, and the ball shook Once! Twice! Three times! Ding!

The Magnemite was concerned for the Sewaddle as well, but Eclipse seemed to be on it. He probably wouldn’t have helped much anyway. Instead he turned to Allie.

So... we are just waiting here then? Oh, and I don’t believe we’ve been introduced... my name is Perigrine.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Ron and Bloom kept watching the trainer and the pokemons after the smokescreen faded away.
The chikorita would've attacked the trainer right away if her trainer wasnt stopping her from doing so.
The two pokemons forget what they were supposed to do and kept watching, at least until the trainer left.

"if he was going to hurt those innocent pokemons like the others i will-" Bloom said and tried to herself down, she was very mad at how the group of trainers just attacked the Kirlia.
"B-but..." Ron start saying to his pokemon, "th-that trainer... He didn't cause any harm, he even helped the Kirlia and the others" the Cyndaquil explained.
"Hmmm, you are right about that. At least those poor pokemons are all okay now" Bloom said right before remembering something, then her leaf stood still.

"Wait a moment! Now its our chance!" The chikorita immediately told Ron, leaving him confused. "We can ask them if they know something about that 'transformation' thing that happened to you!" She explained with excitement, "lets go!" She said, but Ron managed to stop her again.

"M-maybe we can wait here for them to no-notice us? How thats sound?" Ron suggested, but for his surprise his pokemon just shooked her head.
"Sorry, but i am not going to let your timidness get you away this time!" Bloom said, "if you wont go to ask them then i will, lets go!" She said and ran away before the Cyndaquil could stop her. Ron just immediately went back to hide in the bush, it was always hard for him with new people.

"EXCUSSSSSE MEEEEEEE!!" The chikorita shouted toward the group as she ran straight toward them the fastest she can.

Gracia looked up at Eclipse and croaked, "Really?" before the Chikorita yelled. The Sewaddle teared up again and curled up, fearing the worse. Serveria couldn't take this constant sobbing anymore and took it out on everyone except for those comforting Gracia at that moment. "I would expect that some Pokemon could keep quiet! I mean, just look at the state she is in! Does anyone other than me, Rosa, Mushroom, and the Absol care? I guess not! Oh, we all adjusted just fine, and we are able to shout inside the forest. Oh, let's talk about fire in front of a Grass-Bug type, I'm sure it's fine. Well let me tell you, I have not seen her this upset since, well, NEVER!" the grass snake scolded.
Gracia would have scolded Serveria, but she was in too much distress. There were too many Pokemon here, and everyone was loud, talked about fire, and were strangers. She wanted to run, she wanted to get away. But her tiny nubs wouldn't move. She was stuck there, crying.

Soon, Chris and his pokèmon found a secluded spot to battle after wandering deeper into the Forest. Just as Chris suspected, Santalune Forest was teeming with wildlife. However, today he wasn't in the mood for fighting low-leveled pokèmon. His were too dedicated and experienced in fighting. So, he came up with another Idea.

It was just a test of course, he didn't actually expect any of them to concur. Chris wanted to see how long it would take for them to reach their limits. He sat near an oak with sturdy, huge roots that arched up out of the ground, while his TalonFlane perched above in the thick canopy; well hidden despite his color palette.

"Were you guys okay with battling each other? I'm not particularly fond of fainting pokèmon weaker than us." , he reasoned.

His pokèmon swivled to look Chris square in the face with puzzled expressions on their faces. He had to admit it was a pretty dumb suggestion considering...well, a lot of factors really. They all came to fight other wild pokèmon, not each other. They aren't weak to anyone here so it'd be a pointless battle. Then there's the effort of it. Taking down a fully evolved pokèmon who's the same type wasn't the agenda for today. The Fire-types also just lost the motivation to do anything, let alone to fight. His Blaziken, Singe, had already settled down and leaned against the tree beginning to doze. His Pyroar, Blister, was laying in a small patch of sunshine that pierced through the canopy that sheltered the glade. Meanwhile his TalonFlame, Scorch, was having trouble meditating; a wild ButterFree wouldn't stop fluttering its oversized wings in front of his beak.

After a moment, Singe was the first to agree with a defeated grunt. Then came Scorch and Blister. Chris shot up a started to lean against the the structurally sound oak. Blister stood and stretched then paced over to Singe, nudging him with her muzzle for a solid minute before the Blaziken hopped up, aggravated. Singe used Flame Charge, dashing forward while being enveloped in flames. Blister dodged to the side, while Chris narrowly escaped the blazing meteorite.
Blister spun on one paw releasing Flamethrower. The Blaziken deflected it with one fiery wrist, causing the blast of flames to collide with the ground and a burst of flames and smoke lapped at the sky, barely missing the trees filled with an abundance of leaves. Blister charged through the smoke with a triumphant expression, using Crunch to lower his special defense, while biting down hard on his lower leg. Blaziken used a powerful kick to thrust Blister away.

Chris was cheering a safe distance away while the TalonFlame looked on, scoffing.

A man sat at a small desk, various devices scattered around the room with varying sizes and shapes. Some of them looked neatly stacked as if they has just come out of a moving box, while others appeared haphazardly discarded. The room, for the most part, appeared minimalist, either implying that its resident did not have time to set more things up or simply did not care enough to do so. His attention appeared torn between two laptops, the only devices in the room that were on, yet the two varied greatly. One of them had several tabs pulled up and had most of Antoine's attention, while the other was occasionally flashing and appeared to function on its own. After a while he began to actually listen and focus on what was previously white noise to him, hearing the conversations between associates through an earpiece. After a while he had an idea, and turned on the microphone to his headset for a moment.

"Hey, Rory. I understand that your job is a bit stressful as is, but I have something to ask of you. You see, I would love to check all of that out for myself, but I'm not exactly in that area yet. Not to mention that's I'm currently a bit preoccupied with... other things," he checked the strange-looking computer again, "But if you could just tell me some interesting stuff about them I would enjoy it. Nothing too much. Just keep an eye out for anything interesting or odd and we can talk about it later. Not for long, mind you -- I hope to get to that general area soon."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(OOC: Gonna say that IRL songs exist in this universe.)

Allie lowered her head. She began to berate herself, beginning to lose herself to stress.
Nothing you say is ever right.
You'll never be able to help anyone.
You're useless.

Pushing the self-deprecating thoughts out of her mind, she held her hands out, motioning for silence.
She did not speak, but walked over to the crying Sewaddle. She sat down, and placed her hand on the Pokemon.
She began to sing, her voice lilting and powerful. Her voice trembled slightly, as she was on the verge of tears, but she sang on.
"You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged, oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small...

Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause you know I'll be there..."

Eve was silenced by Allie's voice, as was Eclipse. It fit the circumstance perfectly. They knew that their trainer was a skilled singer, but Allie almost never used her voice in front of other people. Normally, the girl was too embarrassed to sing for others.
When Allie finished, a small tear rolled down her face. She hoped her message had gotten through to Gracia, for she didn't think she could do it again without bursting into tears.
"You... will get through this. If I have to die for it..." She said this to the entire group, not just Gracia. "...then so be it."

Gracia still cried, not from sadness or fear, but from comfort and security. She looked up at Allie and smiled. "T-thank you," she croaked. The Sewaddle still was unsure of how to feel, the huge group still made her uncomfortable, but they all wanted to help her not hurt her. The Grass-types that were her Pokemon all sighed, the task of calming her down now completed. "I-I still don't like the idea of fire though," she whimpered.

Rory recieved the translation, but did not emmediately reply. He released his newly caught Dedenne, who appeared looking up at him.

“Oh, alright, fine. Have some more if you want.”

He doled out some more food, and the Dedenne perched on his shoulder and ate as they walked. Rory pulled his com back out and spoke into it.

“The only one I know I saw that was converted was the Kirlia. She was very nice, and seemed to be picking up her new abilities quickly. We held a telepathic communication, which also involved an Eevee and Absol which belonged to the Kirlia when she was a trainer. There was a Sylveon as well, but I’m not sure if it was a Converted or a natural Sylveon. I’m slightly leaning toward the later now that I have time to think, although I admit I was pretty stupid before and suggestion their trainer’s death... Alright, no more for now, Rory out.”

Antoine gleefully grinned as Rory told him a few things about his encounters. He expected just small tidbits, but was pleasantly surprised. "Very interesting! But I suppose I shouldn't hold you back from your job. Take your time, and good luck. Bye!" he said, looking back at the glitchy screen only to see it black with some white text on the screen claiming it had 'failed to start'. "Goddamnit..." he muttered to himself, immediately recognizing what had happened.

"Melissa, eject," he said, and soon after a purple blob began oozing out of one of the ports, quickly materializing into a Porygon-Z and emitting a few apologetic-sounding bleep bloops. "It's fine, it's fine, it's fine, just- don't try to overwrite that next time," he said, the Porygon-Z putting its head down as Antoine returned it to its Pokeball.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie gave a small nod in reply, a ghost of a smile forming on her face. Her eyes remained closed.
She opened her eyes, standing up. She was rather small, but had the presence of a leader nonetheless.
"Listen, all of you. I know this seems bad - and it is - but hope is not lost. We need to find out why we are like this, and reverse it. But for now... we need to leave this place. I suggest we head to the nearest town.. we'll blend in there. It's not much but it's a start."

(Harper's Office, Imperia HQ)
Harper thought for a moment. Was it time to put her plan into motion?
She muttered something to herself, before nodding slightly. She pulled on her headset, and enabled the microphone.
"Antoine. I need you in my office as quickly as possible. There is an important matter we need to discuss."

Antoine sat there for a moment, the room quiet and now one laptop on his desk again. The silence as he looked through a couple of things on the remaining computer made him jolt when he heard Harper call his name. "Yes ma'am. I'll be there soon," he said after a pause, closing the laptop as he wondered what Harper wanted with him. Given how vague the message was, it could've been anything, good or bad. The mysteriousness unnerved him, even if he was simply being paranoid.

---

After a few moments, the scientist walked through the door, looking up at Harper. "What do you need from me?" he asked, his hands behind his back.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(OOC: I know we haven't discussed this in the discussion thread - this is a plot point I'm keeping secret - but just play along. Respond however you'd like.)

Harper smiled, a somewhat genuine smile. She was typically fairly pleasant toward her underlings, and this was no exception.
"Greetings. In case you are wondering: no, I have not called you for any negative reasoning. I simply have a few questions." She leaned back.
"The technology we discussed... how is it coming along? I would like to put the project into motion at some point in the near future..." She clasped her hands together, in a business-like manner.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"The conversion gun. The one that has been in the works for some time now. Project IC-01, if you will. It would be optimal to mobilize troops with them soon."
She was growing slightly impatient, but it was impossible to see on her face. She remained in a proper position, keeping up the pleasant attitude.

Antoine raised an eyebrow at the mention of a 'conversion gun'. "Ah, that!" he said, looking around for a moment. "There's just, uh, just one problem with it -- it uses way too much energy right now. It would be like trying to power this entire place on just a double A battery. I also really haven't tested it that much," he said, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "But don't worry, it's just a prototype! I'll find ways to make it a bit more efficient later!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Harper chuckled lightly. "Your hard work is much appreciated. I trust that I will be quite impressed when it is done."
She gave an almost imperceptible nod. "I suggest you return to your work... as I have my own responsibilities to attend to." She gestured to the various sheets of paper on the table. "Not as... interesting as yours, I'm afraid."

Antoine laughed a bit when hearing Harper's own priorities. "Thank you, I'll get back to working on it soon," he said. "I'll get out of your way so you too can get back to working on your... taxes?" he guessed, chuckling slightly at his own joke, and walked back out of the office.

Once he was outside of the office and out of earshot, he took a deep breath. He was relatively new to this team and expected talking to the main person in charge to be a much different experience. Needless to say, he was pleasantly surprised as he headed back to his own room.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Bloom was still running toward the group when she heard an odd, yet beautiful song coming from the Kirlia.
The odd melody distracted her, and she immediately stopped running to listen.
It managed to slightly calm down the chikorita, making her less rushy.
She shooked her head after a minute and continued walking toward the group, this time she walked instead of running.

"Ummm... Excuse me?..." Bloom called out, she started to feel bad for interrupting them, but if they know something about her trainer's situation it would be significantly helpful.
With a Little thinking the chikorita figured it out that the Kirlia might be the leader of those 'wild pokemons', she walked directly toward Allie. "E-excuse me?" She said again as she was closer, this time quieter than before.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie was startled, and turned to see a small green Pokemon. She recognized her as a Chikorita.
"O-oh! I didn't see you... sorry..." she stammered, turning red slightly. She was already messing this up.
"C-can I help you?" she asked, shoving her nerves to the side. She had to be strong for everyone, this was the situation now.

Magic Sparkle

Bloom focused herself, there was a serious look on her face.
"Sorry if i am disturbing you or your 'little' friends but this is quite critical" the chikorita worriedly said and started to scratch her head with her leaf.
"I may sound crazy a little... But do you or your friends know something about humans turning into pokemons?" She kindly told Allie, without giving any explanation about her trainer's situation.

Magic Sparkle

"W-what?! You... You are a human, too?!" Bloom yelled in shock after hearing the kirlia, the chikorita was very surprised and it took her a little time to calm down from it.
"Ummm.... I-i see.... I thought there might be more..." Bloom told the kirlia and sighed, "i should explain myself now".

"My trainer used to be a human too, but he just suddenly turned into a Cyndaquil. He is in the bush over there" Bloom explained as her leaf pointed to the bush Ron was hiding in.
"He would have asked you instead of me but he is very shy, especially around new people" Bloom explained kindly.

Chris' cheering was interrupted by a furious TalonFlame. Blister flew toward the Pyroar and Blaziken, pecking then each in turn over the head. Then, they seemed to be conversing angrily and the battle ceased.

"Aw.." , frowned the trainer.

Scorch then settled back in his branch once Blister and Singe started to dispurse, going back to their spots as well. Chris felt a little deflated and he wasn't as giddy anymore. He sat and began scratching his head in bewilderment, pondering a way to make this not a complete waste of time and effort. 'If I knew this would happen, I could've just stayed and home and slept!'
Then again, he was the one who suggested and agreed to this nonsense.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie heard something within the bushes, and held her hand up.
"Everyone stay here. I heard something."
She bolted into the bushes, stealthily creeping through the underbrush. Her diminutive size made it much easier for her.
She peeked through a thin bush, seeing a trainer with several Fire-type Pokemon: she recognized them as a Talonflame, a Pyroar, and a Blaziken.
She tried not to be noticed, but she heard a stick crack underneath her feet. She froze, like a deer in headlights.

Chris bolted upward from his seated spot near the tree where Scorch was perched at the sound of a snapping twig and scanned the area. He found a Fairy and Psychic pokèmon frozen halfway in and halfway out of a bush. Blister and Singe shot upward and dashed over to Chris, instinctively trying to shield him. His TalonFlame let out an alarmed screech then flew silently over to hover over the Kirlia menacingly, wings outstretched. Chris didn't actually see the need for the safety measures but apparently his pokèmon did.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She squeaked in terror, immediately falling to the ground and curling into the fetal position.
How stupid can I get? I'm dead...
"Please stop - not hostile - scared - don't hurt me-" As she spoke, a blue barrier formed, likely the result of subconsciously using Light Screen. She was too scared to use telepathy, as her mind was filled with disturbances and rogue thoughts. She prayed that she would be left alone, and mentally kicked herself for not bringing Eclipse with her.

Meanwhile, Eclipse cursed quietly for not following Allie. The Disaster Pokemon was not off her guard yet.
Unfortunately, she had no idea where the Kirlia had gone. And as strong as her disaster-sensing abilities were, she was not psychic.

Scorch landed and folded his wings, still gazing at the Kirlia with wary eyes and curiosity. He didn't understand what a lone pokèmon was doing here, in the secret glade his trainer had used since he was a small child. He also wasn't willing to hurt/reprimand a pokèmon smaller and weaker for making an ungraceful appearance.

"What are you doing here Kirlia? You do understand you're trespassing?" , queried Scorch.

The Pyroar and Blaziken were making their way over as well, hesitant as wether to attack or let the wild pokèmon explain its act of boldness and sudden terror. Scorch held out one wing, keeping his friends at bay. Meanwhile, Chris was curious as to what was happening. He made his was over in a matter of seconds.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Kirlia cowered further, even more stressed out. She was smaller than all four of the figures standing over her. She felt the now-familiar sensation of psychic energy bubbling up within her, but used all her willpower not to do anything.
-I just heard loud noises and came over to see what was happening! I’ll leave! I didn’t know you were here!”

(Somewhere in Kalos, Imperia HQ)
Annoyed, Harper pulled up her intercom and began speaking into it again.
“This is Harper speaking. Prepare to fire another wave. Do not deploy until I give my word.”

"Just be careful next time. You could've gotten into real trouble." , reasoned Scorch.

Singe was starting to get impatient, he hated it whenever the TalonFlame tried to reason. Blister blocked the Blaziken's way as well to stop any disputes from occurring. This made Singe even more annoyed. Blister began speaking calmly and evenly.

"Well, we weren't busy at the moment. We can listen." , she spoke glaring at Scorch, "Why are you here? Where is your trainer?" , asked the Pyroar.

Chris was crouching, watching the whole time, his gaze glued on the Kirlia.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
D-don’t have one...” She decided not to elaborate on her current situation.
I was just walking through the woods and I heard loud noises, so I came over to make sure that nothing bad was happening.” The lie was fairly convincing.
She shifted on her feet nervously. “I thought that someone might be in danger. I guess you guys are... training?” she asked, as her eyes shifted to Chris.
The real possibility of being seen as a potential capture sunk in, and she tried her best not to look hostile.

"We were but someone decided to interrupt.." , spoke Singe.

The Blaziken was ignored and the TalonFlame decided to dispose of the Kirlia quickly. He walked to the front, wings folded, refusing to make this encounter last any longer. Blister cleared her throat and stepped back. Singe exited as well, growing bored of idle chatter. He was starting to get restless.

Antoine stared at his project on a table for what seemed like hours, never taking his eyes off of it after speaking with Harper. It looked complete and ready to go for anyone that wasn't him, yet the various batteries and power sources scattered around gave a different story. He continued to try and think of something that could possibly work, all while the answer floated behind him being used as a fan.

The energy required to emit enough radiation to mutate the genes on top of the standard conversion process was extremely high, especially when trying to condense something that acted almost like artillery into a handheld gun. He was close to scrapping it and finding a different model or purpose, but he just felt so close.

The voice of a woman coming through his earpiece and made him jump as if someone has just walked behind him and yelled 'Boo!' into his ear. The man hurriedly got himself back together and answered. "A-are you sure you wouldn't like it recalibrated first? It would take some time, but it seems rather inefficient to fire it on the same area, e-especially when so little time has passed." Regardless, he made his way to the console to activate it posthaste.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(Harper)
Not moved in the slightest, she spoke again. "Recalibrating takes too much time. Besides, it won't be long before the massive amounts of radiation we're casting is noticed by the wrong people, if you know what I mean."
True to her speech, she was concerned about the higher-ups of Kalos noticing their actions. They'd stayed under the radar, and she didn't want to be noticed yet.

(Allie)
The Kirlia took a step back, still trembling.
"If you want to fight me... please reconsider. And if that doesn't change your intent.." She was about to say something else, before a strange feeling washed over her. She felt as if she could accomplish anything she wished with ease, and nothing could stop her. Her eyes narrowed.
"...then I'll fight back. Don't expect me to lay down and die at your hand," she finished fiercely. She remained rather unintimidating, but she gave off a commanding presence. If she was going to die here, she at least wanted to go down fighting.

"Right, right, you're probably right," Antoine replied when hearing Harper's reasoning. Hngh, why do laws always get in the way? He continued to make his way over to the main console, adjusting a few things both outside and inside of the screen. After a while, the screen displayed a small panel, the mouse now hovering over a button that appeared to take up a sizable amount of the tab.

"Ready when you are," he said after a small pause. Antoine was just a click away from changing lives forever.

"We have no intention of fighting a weak psychic type like you. Just get lost. This is our spot in case you haven't noticed.", spoke Scorch bluntly.

He took note of the change in the Kirlia's demeanor. However, he didn't have time to address it before he felt a strange cold and strange sensation. His feathers began to quiver; not from fear but from suspicion. Even the short-tempered Blaziken fell quiet, even relieving them of his occasional scoffs and grunts of disapproval. The Pyroar lifted her tail slowly, causing it to stand up straight and unmoving in rising alarm as the unfamiliar and undesirable feeling flooded her as well.

Chris felt it too a couple moments later. This was a feeling he hated and had only felt it one other time in his life; when his Father passed. Maybe it was only his imagination but he wasn't sure he wanted to take the chance. 'What's this weird sensation?'
He glanced over at his pokèmon which were still as stones and shifted slightly, realizing they might be sensing something too. The feeling was growing overwhelming and Chris soon found himself shivering. He despised the idea of not being able to hide his emotions.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The cold, strange feeling washed over the young girl once again. She began to feel even more fearful, as she knew what happened last time she'd felt like this.
She opened a telepathic link to the trainer. "Uh... Trainer? I don't know your name... but you are in serious danger right now..."
Unbeknownst to her, it was just a little bit too late.

(Harper)
With a stoic expression on her face, not caring about the lives that she was going to turn upside-down, Harper spoke into her intercom once again.
"Fire at will."

Antoine stared at the screen for a while, grinning slightly when Harper gave the word yet also thinking of the power he had right now and the magnitude of what a simple button press was about to do. He hesitated for a moment, then...

click.

While Antoine heard little sound nor saw what he started nor felt the effects of what the scientist unleashed, he shivered. The deed was done.

Chris felt a stunning pulse, a high-pitched ring and fell to his knees. It had only been a few seconds after the wave was unleashed. His hands clenched the ground in distress and his pokèmon rushed to his aid. His eyes were blurry and becoming unfocused.
'What's happening to me? What's this ringing; this pounding in my head?'
The disoriented Trainer collapsed to the ground, his eyes finally closing as his strength was drained.

The others felt the wave but we're seemingly unaffected by the pulse. Blister was frantic though she tried not to show it. They all gathered closer, nudging the unconscious boy.
"Is he dead?", spoke the Blaziken after a few moments.

This terrified Blister all the more and it got harder for her to control herself.

"Don't say things like that! He isn't dead!", barked the Pyroar.

She shoved the Blaziken and he shoved back.

"What Singe means is, we'll have to wait and see.", said the TalonFlame.

"But maybe we should get him home..", argued Blister with a distressed look.

"Shh!"

All of the pokèmon stepped back wide-eyed as a red aura engulfed Chris. They didn't stop walking until there was a fair distance between them and their Trainer. The light grew bright like fire. Finally, it began to dim itself, revealing an entirely different person. It took a while before Chris started to stirr.

He woke up slowly, his head pounding, muscles burning, lights unbearable, senses flooded and standing impossible. Chris gazed blearily at the Kirlia. Then His attention was on his stunned pokèmon who didn't dare to speak. Either he'd gotten shorter of they'd gotten bigger; way bigger. Eventually, Scorch lowered his head slightly, not looking in his direction.

"Hey, guys.", spoke Chris low and wearily.

Last edited: