• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Page In A Kwami's Memory Book

"Well, any amount o time will do, I reckon," Molly answered, "I'll only need a few seconds. All I have to do is pull her in, and yank out that feather!"

The girl began to dash away again, just as Molly had finished fashioning the rope into a lasso, "After her!"

Jessie followed the girl on the rooftops. She had somehow managed to figure out how to use the trompo for travel. Despite its looks, the trompo was surprisingly useful. Jessie figured that her power had something to do with the trompo. If it worked like she thought it would.

"Stun Sting!" Jessie called out. The trompo flew at the girl tip first. It flew towards the little girl. Upon impacting with the girl, there was a flash of yellow light.

With the target rendered immobile, Molly yanked out the feather in the girl's hair, and in an instant, the blue light faded from her eyes, and she was back to normal. The girl looked around, confused, and somewhat frightened, at the sight of the two strangely-dressed people before her.

"Where...Where am I?"

'She doesn't remember what happened.' Jessie thought. 'Oh well. It's probably for the best.' She then knelt down so she was at the girl's level. "It doesn't really matter." Jessie said. "What does matter is that your safe."

"I am now," the girl said solemnly, "I'm away from the hospital, at least...Now, I can go find my mummy."

Molly swallowed, stashing the feather away. "But"--

"I know that peacock lady was lying, and my real mummy isn't at the end of the city," she said miserably, "But I meant my foster mummy. She didn't want to give me up, but she had to, because she wasn't allowed to keep me...I have to find her!"

She held onto Molly's skirts, looking up at her with pleading eyes. "Please don't make me go back to the hospital! Please, let me go find my mummy!"

Jessie looked at the little girl. She pitied her. She knew full well what the foundling hospitals were like. Such terrible places. The fact that they existed alone was horrible. "Well, ..." Jessie said.

"She lives out in the country," the girl continued, "I could get a carriage ride back there! I've got a bit of money. Six newpennies."

Molly shook her head. It was difficult to decide how to handle the situation. If they took her back to the hospital, she'd be beaten black and blue for running away. If they let her go, there was no telling what might happen, but the outcome was likely to be less than pleasant. Six newpennies wouldn't get her all the way out in the country.

"Sweetie, I don't know what to tell you. Six newpennies won't get you as far as you wish to go." Jessie said. She hated to disappoint the little girl. Really, she did. Maybe, she could talk her parents into taking her in. After all, the bakery could always use more help.

(OOC: Gonna be at summer camp until Thursday, not able to communicate until then)

Skipping time forward a bit, Nooroo had just finished convincing Elizabeth they were real an d explaining the basics of her new powers. Being able to give other people powers? Kinda sucky, but cool. Elizabeth was willing to take it if it could help her what happened with her mother and her house.

Hearing noise, she poked her head outside. A fight seemed to be going on- wait, was that girl shooting feathers out of her hands?!

"Now's your chance to use your powers!" Nooroo exclaimed. "Just say these words: Nooroo, Dark Wings Rise!" Elizabeth hurredly repeated the words and found herself covered in white butterflies. When they departed, she saw that she had and outfit change: A simple knee length purple dress with a ribbon tied around the waist in a knot shaped like the butterflies that now surrounded her, and had gained a staff. Her hair had become longer too, and she now looked like a female.

Rushing outside, she went to help.

Jessie pulled the other miraculous user aside to talk to her privately. "Maybe I could talk my parents into taking her in. The bakery could always use more help." Jessie whispered to her. "She could earn money for the carriage ride. The question is, where would we keep her until we get an answer?"

"There's a small property near where my father works," Molly answered, "It's completely abandoned, save for the lawyers who come to retrieve its previous owner's possessions. It's not perfect, but it'll do for a day or two..."

"Sounds good." Jessie said. She turned to the little girl. "A friend of mine has a place you might be able to stay until you can get the money for the carriage ride. She has to ask her parents though. We have a place where you can stay until she gets her answer."

The girl's eyes lit up. "Really, mistresses? Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Molly held her hands up. "Think nothing of it. If your only options are running into danger, or going back to that hospital, then this is the least we can do."

The ladybug miraculous user gestured with her yoyo next to a large office. It was the home of an agency which employed chimney sweeps one of whom was Molly's father. "It's next to that office building," she instructed, "We can even give you a ride there, if you want."

Jessie smiled. She was glad this had worked out. Hopefully their good fortune would continue. She had her trompo spin on the ground. "What do you say? To our offer to give you a ride, that is?"

The girl eyed the items in their hands quizzically. She wasn't quite sure how the two girls could offer her a ride on a yoyo and a trompo, two toys, of all things, but they'd gone to the trouble to give her a place to stay, so it would be rude to refuse them now.

"Please," she answered, yanking the bonnet from her head. Now that she was free again, she never wanted to see that tight hospital bonnet again.

"Let's get going, then," Molly answered, throwing her yoyo toward a washing line on the next roof.

"Right." Jessie said. She threw her trompo in the same direction as the ladybug themed outfit girl had thrown her yoyo. "Lead the way." She made a mental note to ask the other miraculous user for her name. Or at least, a name.

Molly grabbed the girl, and let her yoyo drag her up to the roof of the next building, before repeating the process for a chimney on the building after that, and then another washing line, before she let herself fall in front of the abandoned house. She landed with a thud, putting her yoyo back in its place, before pushing a window in.

"Here's the place," she said bluntly, "There's still some bedding, and a chamber pot, if you need it, upstairs."

"Ok," the girl answered.

Jessie followed the other miraculous user's lead. She landed in front of the building. She returned her trompo to its place on her waist. She then joined them by the window.

"Thanks again for this, mistresses. Thanks to you, I finally have a chance to get back to my mummy," the girl said quietly, heading into the house.

Molly simply nodded, turning toward the other miraculous user. "All in a night's work, I suppose. I hope that whatever comes our way next won't be as much trouble, though..."

"Yes. We can only hope. Though if this keeps going like this, my parents just might have an ongoing string of help." Jessie whispered to other miraculous user. "But either way, it was nice to be able to help someone like this."

Pollen had not told her a name for her superhero identity. She guessed that she could make something up. "Honey Bee." Jessie said. It was a little lame, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

"Honey Bee, huh?" Molly answered, "A ladybug and a bee. Two insects. We'll be an interesting pair, on the streets of London."

Molly glanced to her left, as she noticed her earrings flashing. "Looks like it's about time to split," she answered, "Or else you'll see who I am behind this mask."

At that moment, a beep came from her hair comb. "Yes. See you around, I guess." Jessie said. She saluted, then threw her trompo towards the nearest rooftop. The toy pulled her upward.

Molly managed to get back to her house just in time, the transformation fading as soon as she got in the door. With that out of the way, she thought she ought to get back to her original task of preparing dinner, heading to the counter to empty and de-shell the cockles.

Jessie managed to get home in time, with the transformation fading moments after she got through the door. She sighed. 'What a day!' Jessie thought. Pollen started to fall, but Jessie quickly caught the small creature. "After you use your power, I have to eat to recharge." Pollen explained. "So, ... what do you eat?" Jessie asked.

Tikki, meanwhile, gave Molly a disapproving look, as she took another apple. "Are you really sure that helping that little girl run away was the right thing to do?" she began, "Even though she was separated from her mother, at least she was safe there. Now, the foundling hospital's gonna start wondering why one of their orphans has suddenly gone missing..."

"She hated it there, and if we'd taken her back, the matrons would have beaten her, having assumed that she'd run away," Molly answered, "I couldn't let that happen. And besides, you heard her. Her foster mother wanted to keep her. I'm sure that if she finds her way back to her, she'll be welcomed back with open arms."

Jessie went to help with dinner while Pollen happily munched on her snack. Jessie referred to Pollen as a female. Despite the fact that the creature technically had no gender. The kwami must've been used to yelling as a reaction, for she had been calm and handled the situation well.

(Sorry, been busy)

Soon after dinner was over, Molly's other siblings went off to bed, while she and her father stayed up a bit, like always. Molly's father went to clean up the dishes from dinner, while she heated up some milk for the youngest, Emily.

"It looks like you were busy today," he remarked, drying a plate, "You brought home a lot of food for us."

Molly glanced down at her hands. "It's just what I always do," she answered, "What I have to do. If I don't steal food, we'll starve, so what choice do I have?"

The man sighed softly, sharing a glance with his daughter. "I know, love. I wish I could get a better job, but your grandparents never had the money to send me to school," he said miserably, "The only things I know are what I learned from my chimney sweeping, and that's not much pay, when I've got all of you to feed"--

"But father, you wouldn't have to feed me, if you sent me off to work as a maid, like all the other girls my age!" Molly began, "I mean, sure, there'd still be eight of us left to feed, but that's not quite as much, is it?"

Her father put his hands on her shoulders. "Nonsense, Molly. I'm not sending any daughter of mine away," he said firmly, "I couldn't live with myself, if you ended up living in a hovel, while the snub-nosed lady you serve lives in the lap of luxury. I couldn't live with myself, knowing that I'd sent you away to a life of servitude, to the very people working me to death. Understand?"

Molly glanced down at the ground. "Yes, father."

"Good," he answered, "Now, how about we go and check on your sister? It's about time she had her medicine."

"Yes, father," she answered.