• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Cafe of Love (Romantic Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, I hope that you will pair up with those that are free and new people that arrived to make it faster and try to post a bit often.
If someone won't be paired up, then I gonna ask, who is free then pair them up themself.
@Cmeriwether, are you with us on the rp? As you didn't react to Gallade-kun's post.

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
I think I misunderstood the brief lost in translation.

I was waiting for some grand announcement from the ‘workers’ at the front of house that ‘the speed dating g has begun!’

I didn’t realise we were already flung into it ourselves and had to find someone.

There IS gonna be people who are left out if there’s an imbalance of genders.

My characters probably won’t go with each other, though they have started talking casually to each other. I think I misunderstood what this was about.

No sweat! I need to have someone in there anyways, since I’m just gonna let Matthew go and beat his self esteem to a pulp to keep him humble <.>

On a slightly more moral note, here’s that lady I promised y’all.

Name: Gavial Akantha

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Gavial is... a bit rough around the edges, to be blunt. She tends to have a rather rude demeanour about her, and tends to be blunt and confrontational about anything she dislikes.

However, what she actually enjoys is banter and light-hearted bickering. Having toughened up quite a bit growing up protecting her emotionally weaker stepbrother, she’s become a quite headstrong lady that seems takes pride in herself — almost a bit too much, really.

...She’s not all that great at more emotional stuff — unlike her stepbrother, this isn’t a result of low self esteem, but rather no experience at all. Thus, she’s decided to try her hand at dating to see how it all works. (And to tease her stepbro after the fact.)

It seems her attitude changes very quickly when playing with a Pokémon — her voice raises a bit, and a happy smile covers her face. Her attitude flips around as well, seeming light, airy, and incredibly benevolent — comically, almost motherly.

Appearance: Long black hair, that strangely puffs out near its end — dark green eyes, usually half open. Built with light skin, and at a decent height of 5’6. Seems to have an athletic build.

Generally, she has some form of indignant look on her face, but this shifts immediately if one can catch her off guard — when she doesn’t think anyone’s watching, she smiles and plays with her Pokémon as if she’s nothing short of an angel.

Common Clothing: Generally shares her stepbrother’s liking of the ever esteemed green parka, usually wearing a white tee shirt underneath, with black ripped jeans and black platform boots no matter the weather.

When working with exclusively Pokémon, she wears a green bandanna, white tee shirt, brown cargo shorts, green loafers, and a green apron.

395807_PLImErgM.png
Worker or Customer: Worker

Partner: Akantha, her Krookodile.

Partner's Appearance: Exactly like a normal Krookodile. Sometimes eats roses.

Partner's Personality: Flowers on the inside, thorns on the outside. A bit like his Trainer, Akantha — named after Gavial’s last name in a sad bout of ‘creativity’ — is extremely tough and weathered on the outside. However, if you crack open his shell — or, alternatively, if he meets someone he doesn’t feel the need to be on guard around — this Krookodile becomes incredibly friendly and sweet. Very good with children. Maybe it’d be better if the Krookodile wasn’t so scary looking..?

Other Pokemon: Thievul, Liepard

Other: Matthew Verdid’s stepsister. She kept her old surname because it sounded cooler.

842700_trainercard-Gavial.png

3 days passed without posts, so to not let this rp die, this evening the first dates will be over!
Sorry for any of you that wanted to continue or begin dates, but I can't let others wait.
Soon we will begin second dates!

Well, whatever works, really.

I mean, I’d recommend a fully random sorter, but there’s probably one too many variables for that to work. (I mean, I have no idea. I’m no good with making or working stuff like that lol)

E: Apologies for my big ass replies. I can shorten them down with spoilers if you want me to cut the fat, haha. Got a tad carried away.

I don’t want to double post — @Helios. , I totally forgot to tag you earlier, but Hasumi’s waiting if you still want to sic Valentino on her.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but here him be.
He does have a backstory just still working on it ;p
Name: Bailey Adam’s
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Bailey is a very relaxed individual, finding beauty in everything and always trying to have a positive and kind attitude. A word to describe him overall would be … soft. He’s respectful and patient, always wanting to help out in anyway he can and rarely ever becoming stressed. He loves to smile, almost as much as he likes to make other people smile, something he tries to do quite a fair amount. Whilst nice and polite he certainly is no pushover. He’ll stick up for someone if they need it and will not stand bullying in anyway or form. He tends to try and avoid violence, not liking it much but should the occasion call for it he can be decisive and brave as he needs to be.

Appearance: Bailey stands at around 5’10ft, having a lean and healthy build. His skin is soft and tanned with no distinguishing marks other than the freckles dotted on the upper halves of his cheeks. He has smooth facial features but it’s not necessarily round in shape. A pair of blue eyes rest underneath short curly black hair.

Common Clothing: Bailey often wears a pair of jeans that are brown or blue along with a simple button up shirt of varying colours. Typically they’ll be white, grey or pale but sometimes he will try other colours. His jeans are held up by light suspenders which he usually always wears.

Worker or Customer: Customer, though he helps out with deliveries sometimes.

Partner: Gogoat named Pint

Partner's Appearance: Pint is a big Gogoat, standing at 2 meters tall and weighing 100kg. The extra mass is muscle which is slightly visible through Pint’s thick but surprisingly well kept leafy fur.

Partner's Personality: Pint is much like his trainer. He’ll try and fool you with a strong and stoic attitude at first but he’s truly a big softie, being ever so kind and ever so humble. He can be serious and harsh during battle but fighting is something he prefers to avoid, only doing so to protect his trainer or fellow Pokemon.

Other Pokemon: Zangoose, Goomy, Vivillion (Jungle pattern)

Well, while you were gone, we successfully summoned Mecha-Godzilla to tear through the Kalos region. Anistar City has been taken, and Manhattan is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.