• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

8th movie in 3D? O.O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Someone tell me what this is all about: http://www.pokemon2005.jp/movie/index.html
*Jerks thumb at "new" link between the Mew pics*

Is that trying to say that the new short is in 3D, or the movie itself is in 3D? The idea of watching a whole Pokemon movie with those glasses seems a bit odd, yet that's what some sites are saying the link meant... Answers? :shock:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There'll be a 3d Pokemon Movie short thingy at the Pokemon Park this year. I dunno if they'll show it with the 8th Movie.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Ack. I can't see 3D in pictures :shock:.

Don't really know what's wrong - I think my sight is fine when it comes to seeing 3D in real life, but my brain doesn't seem to parse "3D" pictures properly. For example, I almost never see 3D in games, and I will utterly suck at any game that requires being able to see the 3D (like, for example, jumping up and forward at the same time - or worse, jumping up and forward whilst aiming at something to shoot). 3D perspective pictures in books aren't much better (something like the structure of diamond only makes sense to me on paper because I've seen it in real life so many times). And, worst of all in this case, 3D films with two-colour glasses just look like out of focus normal films to me, and possibly make me dizzy.

I think the issue is that I'm VERY right-eye dominant, so my brain basically doesn't take into account the view from my left eye at all. So seeing something that requires the two eyes to work together doesn't work for me. Suffice to say I've never once seen the hidden image in a Magic Eye picture :(.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Heh, nice costumes. I think the Coro Coro article mentioned Lucario specificly as the Wave Guiding hero, but it may have been iffy translation *shrugs*

Looks like the guys get caught up in some old style fair in the castle. Ash's costume does rather rock there.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
new_img_1.gif

*Points* Tiny Salamence! ^__^

I have trouble seeing certain things (like objects through telescopes) but when I watched Spy Kids 3D I was able to see the 3D-ness relatively alright. But again, like you guys, never ever been able to get those "magic eye" things to work...

Btw - that new movie pic is down-right cute. I want Ash's hat and staff! :D

Ash could be the wave-guiding hero, but then where would that leave Lucario?