1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#676 - Furfrou

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Sep 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

676-0.png
    #676 Furfrou
    Normal
    [​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Torimian
    Classification: Poodle Pokémon
    Height: 3' 11"
    Weight: 61.7 lbs.
    Egg Group: Field

[​IMG]
    Ability: Fur Coat

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Furfrou was revealed alongside, Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Frogadier, Meowstic, Tyrunt , and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!

If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!

[​IMG]
    X: Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but it also increases the swiftness of its movements.
    Y: Historically, in the Kalos region, these Pokémon were the designated guardians of the king.

[​IMG]
    Route 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Does not evolve.

[​IMG]
    --- Tackle
    --- Growl
    Lv. 5 - Sand Attack
    Lv. 9 - Baby-Doll Eyes
    Lv. 12 - Headbutt
    Lv. 15 - Tail Whip
    Lv. 22 - Bite
    Lv. 27 - Odor Sleuth
    Lv. 33 - Retallate
    Lv. 35 - Take Down
    Lv. 38 - Charm
    Lv. 42 - Sucker Punch
    Lv. 48 - Cotton Guard

[​IMG]
    Furfrou_Couafarel_Coiffwaff.png
    Furfrou_Couafarel_Coiffwaff.png
    Alternate Hairstyles

676-1.png 676-2.png 676-3.png 676-4.png 676-5.png 676-6.png 676-7.png 676-8.png 676-9.png
    [​IMG]
    Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Furfrou_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Furfrou_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

#1 Demelza, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. I want one of these so I can give it all those cute haircuts. I wish we still had Pokemon walking behind us so I could show it off to all the people in Lumiose city once I make it beautiful.

Excalibur Queen and PurpleTartan like this.
  3. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

WHY.
    It looked like it had the potential to be some kind of llama thing. And what did we get instead? A fscking gimmick poodle. AND you can fuck its fur up to look ridiculous, just like people do to real poodles.

... Oh well. To be expected from a France-based region I suppose. This update is one disappointment after another.

#3 StellarWind Elsydeon, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  4. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

I have to admit that I'm not sure how I feel about this Pokemon yet. I think it's a great idea, having a Pokemon you can customise and such... but I do have a terrible dislike for actual Poodles (or rather, what people do to them!) so I'm slightly torn here xD

I kind of wish they'd gone down more of an item route with all Pokemon, such as being able to give them bows and scarfs and stuff, rather than focusing all the customisation on one Dog-like Pokemons hairdo...

5. Burgundy

Burgundy Formerly SuperSableye24

I think if I ever used a Toriman, I would keep it's hair as is. The haircuts are ridiculous.>_<

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  6. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

7. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

I completely agree with this ^ really.

I really like the design of Torimian and did so from when I first saw the thing in the Direct, but I'm actually quite sad knowing it's a take on a poodle rather than something else. Plus, it's another normal type dog. I think if I use it will depend on how early we come across it, there are much better Kalos Pokémon that I'm fond of, so guess we'll see.

8. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

I, like many others, have never cared for the ugly various ways people tend to style poodles fur, but I do like that breed of dog. Then again, I like most all dogs in general and Furfrou is no exception. Aside from its somewhat snobby expression (which is a surprise to no one xp) I quite like its standard design! If its stats are decent enough I could see myself adding the critter to one of my future teams, because doggie, but I'm not sure if I'd ever change its fur... Maybe go for that blue furred design the hell of it.

#8 Linkachu, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  9. Aww It is so cute!!! But yeah the haircuts are riddicoulous but its a cool idea realy!

It looks a bit like a dark type..

#9 GameGirlAdvance, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  10. I can honestly say that I will never use this, and if I even bother catching it at ALL, it'll be for the 'Dex. Yet another Normal-Type dog, this time a poodle. If that wasn't off-putting enough, these completely ridiculous hairstyles have cemented my decision.

11. Its so ugly um stupid? i just HATE it so badly

12. Can it learn Surf?

13. No.

14. what rout can u find one

15. Burgundy

Burgundy Formerly SuperSableye24

This guy is actually kinda growing on me. Once I play through Y, I'll use him :)

16. I'm the only one who like the hairdos?:'|
    Alright then...

17. I like him but no haircuts for mine

18. Mind. Blown. O_O

19. Imma catch one of these, name it FrouFrou (or Poodle), and give it a fancy haircut, then my life will be complete.

20. She's right. It has a great resemblance to Absol.

21. I gotta catch a furfrou and go to cut its hair like 89325 times. those haircuts are really awesome!

22. Surprisingly effective tank. tested him out a few times, all sorts of tricks this pooch can do.

23. well at least it has an awesome ability called Fur Coat. Fur Coat has the same effects as the reflect move, halve all physical moves

24. Jhan Garc

Jhan Garc Formerly AkenabeShiro

Man,it looks so awesome in the normal form,i love that messed up hairdo!

Excalibur Queen and bioaura like this.
  25. thats just cold dude, i like furfrou

26. I love poodles (and pit bulls)
    and I love furfrou

#28 furfrouparis, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  28. I use my Furfrou to LEGITLY DESTROY OTHER POKEMON THAT ARE STRONG AGAINST MY FIRE-TYPES Ahm... anyways I also use it for TM's and HM's I have to watch out for fighting and ghost types >_<

29. Weird poodle Pokémon. I don't even remember if I was surprised or not when I saw Furfrou.