1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#668 - Pyroar

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Sep 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

668-0.png
    #668 - Pyroar
    Fire / Normal

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Kaenjishi
    Classification: Royal Pokémon
    Height: 4'11''
    Weight: 179.7 lbs.
    Egg Group: Field

[​IMG]
    Ability: Rivalry or Unerve
    Hidden Ability: Moxie

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Pyroar was mistakenly revealed by IGN on the morning of the 12th of September and was then later officially revealed through them in the afternoon.

Additional Info: When Litleo evolves into Pyroar, it gains a great mane of burning flame! Male and female Pyroar have different forms.

[​IMG]
    X: The male with the largest mane of fire is the leader of the pride.
    Y: With fiery breath of more than 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they viciously threaten any challenger. The females protect the pride's cubs.

[​IMG]
    Friend Safari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Evolves from Litleo at level 35.

[​IMG]
    --- Hyper Beam
    --- Tackle
    --- Leer
    Lv. 5 - Ember
    Lv. 8 - Work Up
    Lv. 11 - Headbutt
    Lv. 15 - Noble Roar
    Lv. 20 - Take Down
    Lv. 23 - Fire Fang
    Lv. 28 - Endeavor
    Lv. 33 - Echoed Voice
    Lv. 38 - Flamethrower
    Lv. 42 - Crunch
    Lv. 48 - Hyper Voice
    Lv. 51 - Incnerate
    Lv. 57 - Overheat

[​IMG]
    Pyroar-male-and-female.png
    [​IMG]
    Pyroar_Male_Version_Sc2.png Pyroar_Male_Version_Officia.png Pyroar_Female_Version_Offic.png
    Pyroar_Female_Version_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy - Copy.jpg Pyroar_Male_Version_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy - Copy.jpg

#1 Demelza, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed that this is very probably Litleo's evolution. It looks pretty decent in my opinion and definitely covers a proper Lion Pokemon. That mane!

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

That is definitely quite the mane! I don't dislike the thing, but I'm not sure if I care much for it either. XD

Guess we'll need to wait a bit longer to learn if its typing changes from Litleo or not.

4. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Welp, so much for my hopes that Litleo evolves into something not utterly generic and boring. One disappointment after another, I swear.

Although I do rather appreciate the subtle touch of the yellow bits of the mane forming the Kanji for fire. Looks a bit better in official art than in its ingame model... but still looks fairly derp. Ah well.

5. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

I really like the official art, much more so than the in-game model thing. It's kinda generic, yes, but I just really like that mane and oh goodness, the way it looks at you is kinda.... idk how to put it, it's like this cute loyal dog kind of thing I guess? But in a cat. Erm, a lion. But yeah. XD

*pets the mane~* it looks so fluffy :'D

6. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Like a few of the Kalos Pokémon I like Pyroar a lot more after seeing the official artwork. It may not be what we wanted or expected, but honestly I really like it and can't wait to welcome it to my team. ♥

The artwork makes the mane look a lot less robot-y and much more normal, too. xp

7. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

The artwork certainly helps me appreciate this Pokemon a lot more, yup. That mane looks quite nifty now. I'm a tad surprised that it remained part Normal-type but at least it's a unique dual-type combo.

Not sure if I like Pyroar enough to use it on my first Gen VI team (especially with that event Torchic up for grabs) but it's not a bad design either. It's nice finally having our Fire-type lion. ^^

8. I always thought I'd like a lion Pokemon but maybeeee not. It will have to grown on me. Maybe it will have another evolution and I'll like that one...

9. The pokemon from "The Lion King"

10. The first pokemon in X that I made to Lv.100 also reminds me of a luxray for some reason [​IMG]

#10 IsaiahJN, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

11. I know right I mean before now Entei was the only lion Pokemon and i didn't really look like one either. I think it is about time that they made this Pokemon along with the panda, and the poodle.

12. It's an alright Pokemon, but I find it random how it's part normal.

13. Pyroar is probably not my favorite fire type from Gen 6 but it's become a staple on my Y team. I kind of wish I could customize the hair though.

14. that's my pokemon *.* it will burn all the haters !!>:D
    [​IMG]

15. Leeeeeeeeooooooooonnnnn. I got a big juicy steak, oops I dropped it and it fell out of exsistance.

Riverrunner likes this.