• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

2017 Singles Showdown - Matchup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
2017SS_zpsuxqsrhbd.png

Alright then ladies and gents, you already know the battle rules and hopefully you all have your teams ready. The rules for the tournament format itself will be simple: 1vs1, one-round knockouts on Pokemon Showdown until the final, which will be best 2 out of 3.

With 17 participants, someone will be getting a free pass into the next round, decided by the RNG. Not much to it all beyond that, so without further ado, here's Round 1:

HydreigonBorn37 vs MegaCharizardZ
StevenUniverseDiamond
vs SMRPG64
Shocari
vs TheRagingSSJG
arandomlatios vs Brendan Savem
Psycho Monkey vs Generation Sect
spider_mankey
vs GameBug03
Silver_Sheep_Studios vs koopa000
Lord of Pain
vs Alakazite
RLRL vs -BYE-

ROUND 2

koopa000 vs Psycho Monkey
Lord of Pain
vs GameBug03
Mr Fishykarp vs RLRL
Shocari vs arandomlatios

ROUND 3

Psycho Monkey vs Shocari
Lord of Pain vs Mr Fishykarp

FINAL

Lord of Pain vs Psycho Monkey

Deadline for the first round is 20th February. As always, failing to complete your matchups on time without good reason will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments - if you're having trouble keeping to the deadline, make sure you let me know so that I can grant a deadline extension.

All battles will take place on Pokemon Showdown, the link to which is below:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ (Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator)

After completing your matches, remember to post the result here. Both players are required to post the results of each battle for it to be registered. Do NOT post battle replays in this topic; any replays are to be sent to me via private message. Breaking this rule is grounds for disqualification.

I think that's everything, so have at it.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It's still 6vs6 singles. No rules have changed.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Only a week left until the deadline now and so far only one match has been completed.

There will be a lot of people getting banned from the next tournament if this doesn't improve.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As long as I know you're trying that's the main thing.

You won't be punished if you've tried to keep to deadlines and shown it, like you have.

If you are having difficulties in arranging your matches with your opponents, please message me to let me know.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Better than nothing, you're through to the next round.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since I've not heard anything from TheRagingSSJ, Generation Sect, HydreigonBorn and MegaCharizardZ they are all disqualified, putting Shocari and Psycho Monkey through to Round 2.

Deadline of Round 2 is March 6th, brackets are now up.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Pretty much.

Round 3 is up, deadline is 11th March.

While we're on the subject of forfeiting matches, I should point out that this rule:

Deadline for the first round is 20th February. As always, failing to complete your matchups on time without good reason will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments - if you're having trouble keeping to the deadline, make sure you let me know so that I can grant a deadline extension

...includes dropping out without giving me a good or - in the case of every single person who dropped out of this tournament - any reason at all, so don't bother signing up next time if you're one of those people.

The matchup thing says Gamebug vs Lord Of Pain for round three, that was their round two matchup and Gamebug just forfeited
I'm assuming since Shocari and Psycho Monkey are facing eachother, the correct matchup would be myself and Lord of Pain?

(Man, it is really hard to say that without sounding rude, and even now I don't know if I managed that :'|)

Status
Not open for further replies.