• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

I'm in percussion, but I've never been able to do well at drums, other than Concert Bass Drum and Timpani. Whatever, I like mallets. >w< Congrats, Zekrom! I know you'd be better than me!

And it is the opposite for me: I am not nearly as good with mallets(barring Base Drum and Suspended Cymbal) as I am with non-mallet instruments such as Snare Drum and Crash Cymbals. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses! And thank you :)

Got the last of my results for my first year at university, I got firsts all round (highest grade possible). I'm incredibly happy with those results. I think I should get some cake to celebrate :nom:

I have a month of School Holiday! Yay! But, I'll have to go back for extra lessons on the first week. :(
I've also received an email saying that my team has been shortlisted for the finals for a competition! :) Our team did not even take the planning seriously and yet we have been shortlisted! It's a miracle! :-O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mario Kart 8 comes out TOMORROW! Can't wait much longer!

Ooo, you just reminded me to pick up my copy of it after work! I've been really looking forward to giving it a go. Not only that, but after acing an evaluation meeting with my boss today (on a lack of sleep to boot) I feel that it's the perfect reward to myself. :up:

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I can't believe how pathetically easy Mario Kart 8 is. I've been playing it for less than 5 hours and I already have unlocked the whole character roster. Lame :/
But at least now my mom can fall off Rainbow Road again!
Every-shooting-star.jpg

Mario Kart is designed to be generally easy, well Nintendo games in general are due to the fact that it's designed to attract the younger audiences and parents/older people who aren't used to gaming more than Sony and Microsoft :p

Having one of those rollercoaster days where you randomly go through every emotion possible. The best way to describe it is probably fdhjgbfd or something to that effect

Has CM Punk become one of those washed-up celebrities, who still clings on to the public's attention through stupid PR stunts and going on semi-popular chat shows, talking whistfully about past successes? Because everything I've heard about him since about February has been totally non-wrestling related.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Cosplay is 80% done! Just need to fix the collar a lot (keeps fraying and stuff) and find shoes that are is not only the right style/color but also comfortable. Might also need to trim the extensions I bought but for now they'll work~

Oh wow, not sure how true this is but looks like the UK maybe in for some rough weather. Heatwaves, lightning, tornadoes and the possibility of having hail the size of a cricket ball. Sounds like fun but I'll probably stay in this weekend

Oh wow, not sure how true this is but looks like the UK maybe in for some rough weather. Heatwaves, lightning, tornadoes and the possibility of having hail the size of a cricket ball. Sounds like fun but I'll probably stay in this weekend

The day a heatwave reaches where I live is the day the sun expands and swallows up the world.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Where'd you read that? The Daily Mail?

Where'd you read that? The Daily Mail?

It was on my Facebook feed from people sharing from Express and Star again not entirely credible but there does seem to be stuff from the Metro about mini-tornadoes and the Wales portal of the Beeb website says there is a possibility of hail. So there might be some truth behind but you never really know with weather. Like we were supposed to get 100 days of snow last winter and yeah absolutely nothing

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
So I was playing Mario Kart 8 and my mom was watching, and I looked at the Top 10 chart for some track and for some dumb reason, they put it right next to my Rival Ghost chart and my mom thought that I was 20th place in the world. Then I had to explain to her that they put my Rival Ghosts next to the Top 10 chart and it looked like I was 20th in the world, but there was also an 8-second skip between 10th and "11th".

Sometimes I just don't know when it comes to parents and video games.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well tonight I'm going out for a friend's birthday and I had a nice, summer outfit planned. However, it was raining so hard this morning that it woke me up and hasn't stopped since. Double however, I'm wearing my little summer dress and there's nothing the weather shall do to stop me! D:<

At least it's warm :V

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Oh, have I got a busy day ahead of me today.
Firstly, my friend's birthday party's today.
Secondly, I owe my other friend a Kyurem, but I let my OTHER friend borrow it, and the only time I'm supposed to see him is at Church, and my Grandpa can't go. Colin is going to be so fucking mad at me.

It annoys me when kids complain that the education system is not helping them learn any life skills, just how to pass a class (which some of them fail to do anyway). My time in school has taught me many life skills. English has helped me to become more articulate and creative, which helps massively in situations such as job interviews. I have rudimentary IT skills thanks to the schooling system, which can certainly help in office work. Maths has helped me to understand how certain mechanisms work (e.g. the use of parabolas in car headlights).

People who complain about the education system failing them are often the students who don't apply what they have learned in class into real-life situations.

Ugh there is two things I want to do but I can't do either. I want to write this epic fantasy story that I thought up but I can't seem to get a suitable opening and I just can't word. I also want to dabble in creating my own Pokedex but I either cannot think of ideas for Pokemon or I cannot draw them how I want. Maybe I'll try collaborating with an artist someday once I've sorted all the ideas out.

Applying to graduate school is both boring and intense. It's repetitive, involves lots of writing, and takes a long time (and the stupid fees are expensive), but it's super important to my future.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I might try to get some different patterns of Vivillon over GTS today. I want a Polar Pattern so very much, so pretty :') Maybe someone will be uber kind and give me the Pokeball design (super wishful thinking!) xD

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I swear, if Mario Kart 8 Mirror Mode isn't the hardest thing in video game history, than what is?
The Korrina battle in X and Y? (Fuck you Hawlucha)

Korrina is laughably easy though, I sweeped her with Amaura

Everything in the Pokemon storymode (i.e. not counting post-game) post-generation 4 is pathetic. The difficulty level has dropped drastically. I don't know whether it's pandering to a younger market, or through my own incompetence in previous generations, but everything now is just... easy.