• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Well, great. I just got through my first hour at the gym with a personal trainer. I got through all of the exercises just fine. But right at the VERY END, while we were just TALKING...I threw up. >n<
I feel disgusting...

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I don't really know... all I know is that I found this really cool picture for @Gliscario39.
GliscarioSingle-1.png

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I DON'T THINK YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND MY FEELS
MY FEELS FOR THIS ANIME
Seriously though that ending omg

for anyone who cares about Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors and don't want anything spoiled, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you to not click the following that appears
SETO APPEARS TOO OMG
WITH KANO
ALSO THIS HERE
tumblr_n3xc9lmrTy1sxu7vqo1_1280.jpg

Also thAT ENDING SONG AND STUFF YESSSS~
okay feels over go home everyone

Last edited:

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
So, Thunder over Louisville was amazing, so pretty. :3 (For those who don't know, ToL is basically the biggest fireworks show in America, celebrating the Kentucky Derby, or, as I like to call it, Horse Gambling Day. :))
GOD, there was a LOT of people there. From all over the world. (And for me it's like an hour drive to Louisville. :p) It was cool though, all of the references in the music were really cool.
But no Frozen segment whyyyyyyyy~ T-T

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So I did one of those random Buzzfeed quiz-things, specifically a "Which Broadway Musical Best Describes Your Life?" one. And what did I get?

The Sound of Music.

... And considering my well-documented tendency to randomly transform into Julie Andrews and dance in the Austrian Alps to the sound of "THE HIIIIIIILLS ARE ALIIIIIIIIIIVE WITH THE SOUUUUUUUUND OF *deadpan* all the fucks I give.", absolutely no one was surprised.

Q: How do you solve a problem like Maria?
A: ARMBLADES.

Maria_Akimbo.gif

Or alternately, give her a pair of Uzis and hope for the best.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well currently I managed to make yet another one of my teachers angry by working ahead...
See, I don't understand teachers who do that. I would be proud that my students were working hard to get ahead and trying to understand the material better. I mean, isn't the point of teaching (supposedly) so your kids can learn, and if they learned, you actually did your job then? Or something. Sadly, I know this isn't the case most of the time.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know, the point of teaching. especially at high school level (by which I mean 12-18 roughly) is not just to impart knowledge, but also to teach kids how to learn themselves. Working ahead shows effort and the ability to learn for yourself, so I'd never punish it.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
But there is a problem with that, @Teapot. So say you're reading some story lever reader or whatever they're called these days. You're in a group and you read ahead, and the teacher asks what you predict will happen next in the story. 1: You're spoiling the book for the class. 2: It's unfair because you'll always get the right answer.
good%20point.gif

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Xbox One just re-added Friend Notifications. Life is gooooooooood. That's the one thing I missed most from the jump to One from 360 ^____^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I unfortunately don't have an Xbox. All I have is a Playstation. Thanks, dad. >=O

But there is a problem with that, @Teapot. So say you're reading some story lever reader or whatever they're called these days. You're in a group and you read ahead, and the teacher asks what you predict will happen next in the story. 1: You're spoiling the book for the class. 2: It's unfair because you'll always get the right answer.
Then you shut up and not spoil it for the first point, and for the second point you've learned the material, which is exactly the point! It's not a detriment to learn it more quickly, and it's certainly not a crime to know the answers to questions.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I unfortunately don't have an Xbox. All I have is a Playstation. Thanks, dad. >=O
Nothing wrong with having a Playstation instead of an Xbox. There are lots of people out there who can't have either after all, or that'd say a Playstation is much better than having an Xbox, haha, so appreciate what you have :)

Really should play Burial at Sea: Episode 2 at some point today. The lack of the 'Murder of Crows' Vigor will make me sad though :(

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well my phone has been slowly dying for about a month or so and I think it's on its way out. So I have a new phone which arrived in the post today. It does however need a Micro SIM, rather than my super old school (apparently!) SIM, so I still need to wait for that to arrive before I can enjoy my new phone.

It turns out loads of people online have videos and guides on how to turn a regular-sized SIM into a micro... but that's something I just dare not attempt xD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Well my phone has been slowly dying for about a month or so and I think it's on its way out. So I have a new phone which arrived in the post today. It does however need a Micro SIM, rather than my super old school (apparently!) SIM, so I still need to wait for that to arrive before I can enjoy my new phone.

It turns out loads of people online have videos and guides on how to turn a regular-sized SIM into a micro... but that's something I just dare not attempt xD

You can buy proper cutters to cut the SIM down to a micro as well iirc (I'm pretty sure @Teapot has one, or mentioned it before I changed phones). So it likely wouldn't be too challenging if you wanted to go down that route ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You can buy proper cutters to cut the SIM down to a micro as well iirc (I'm pretty sure @Teapot has one, or mentioned it before I changed phones). So it likely wouldn't be too challenging if you wanted to go down that route ^^
Yeah, it seems pretty simple from what I've seen, I might try it maybe once my new SIM arrives (so I have a back up should it go wrong). The one I have ordered was free and it actually has much better perks than my current one, so it may end up working in my favour having a new one xD But thanks, I might look into it once the new one arrives :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Demelza @Magpie You just buy a cutter off eBay for the easiest job, it looks like a big nasty pot metal stapler :p It'd take longer to arrive than the new SIM, though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Finally getting round to doing all my transferring from old games onto Pokemon Y. Goodness me it's taken some doing but once I do these last few batches I should be 10-20 Pokemon off completing the 'Dex, and they'll be simple matters of either evolving or breeding for the basic form :D

Sense of achievement - get! :')

Every time I open Paint I get more confidence in my work. Confidence that it will be top quality. Confidence that, I can edit a sprite and make it look like the original wasn't even there.

Yet, I am not confident at all with finishing all this overdue schoolwork.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Last week at my work place, when introducing several new students to my computer lab, I decided to write my name on my whiteboard. Since these particular students understood very little English I kept my introduction simple: "My name is Katie"

When I came back to work the next day, I found this written on my board:
3F3D294B-55D6-4D77-9F85-8D371B312544.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to erase anything and left the message untouched. Now this morning, I've discovered this:
1D7399DB-ADCD-4A9A-BE11-7A3DB52D8AE6.jpg

Can only imagine what they'll come up with next. xp