• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
... Although, when I post on the forums this avatar looks blurry to me and I can't figure out if it's my eyes or the fact that the upload was 200x198 verses 200x200. :x
Technically the size limits are 192x192, so it is being scaled slightly. That might be a cause, but most browsers can scale images down quite well. You could always try grabbing the original and scaling it down to 192x192 and see if that helps?

Incidentally, not-square avatars are displayed as is, we don't stretch them to fit. Or at least we don't now, I fixed that bug :p

Also the reason I came into this thread: just got told I have a job interview tomorrow, yay!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Technically the size limits are 192x192, so it is being scaled slightly. That might be a cause, but most browsers can scale images down quite well. You could always try grabbing the original and scaling it down to 192x192 and see if that helps?

Incidentally, not-square avatars are displayed as is, we don't stretch them to fit. Or at least we don't now, I fixed that bug :p

Also the reason I came into this thread: just got told I have a job interview tomorrow, yay!

That could be it, so I'll certainly try shrinking it later to see if it looks better to me. What I've been noticing is that the image looks slightly clearer when I click on my name to display that quick info box verses how it's displaying on the forums, and I'm not entirely sure why. XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
That could be it, so I'll certainly try shrinking it later to see if it looks better to me. What I've been noticing is that the image looks slightly clearer when I click on my name to display that quick info box verses how it's displaying on the forums, and I'm not entirely sure why. XD
Fnrrr. Because XenForo isn't designed to display the full images in the forums (it uses the medium size normally), the way we do it is a bit of a hack. Your avatar appears to have been scaled to 193x192px, so it's being shrunk by a single pixel which seems to be confusing things.

I'll see if there isn't anything I can tweak in the style code to help. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
All sorted! Mah avatar looks purdy and proper now. It makes me momentarily forget that Canada's still in the dead of winter~ ♥

In other thoughts-of-the-moment, this week feels like it's been going slowly yet I don't feel like I've been able to accomplish much. I keep wanting to start on a writing challenge thing that @Teapot shared with me (which is to write 350 words per days, 5 days per week, weekend's off) but I haven't found the energy to actually start. Aiming to start next week, no more excuses! D:<

(Wish I was having pizza for lunch. Instead, I have salad. You don't win friends with salad. </3)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@Linkachu Pretty avatar is pretty :')

I have a terrible cold and am currently a complete and total snot monster, but I'll be damned if it'll get me down. Today shall be blanket, tea, assorted goodies and Peggle 2 day! :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Katie: Huh. I remembered you commissioned Irene for a Linkachu pic before she evaporated, I just entirely forgot about how it turned out! xD Is awesome to see it again.

On a side note. Rainbow Six: Vegas has some of the most inappropriate yet appropriate music for its kind of game ever.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Love the avatar, Linky! :'D ♥

Ah - that sucks, @Magpie !
I've caught a rather nasty bug also.
My plans for today is cappuccino, Bejeweled and blanket forts!

Get well soon. ♥

Sounds good to me, blankets forts for the win! Hope you get better soon too :)

I never want to be on Chat, AC, and Tumblr at the same time again ever!!
I also need to watch what I say in chat from now on... I really walked into the mass of pings this time

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Soooooo long story short I ordered a ring just after Christmas to replace my Horus Ring (it got lost on Christmas Eve). I spent half an hour carefully and painstakingly measuring the finger I was wanting it for. I did it over and over again and final decided that I had the right size and confidently made my order of my new ring. Last week it came far too big. We're talking over double the size it should have been. I don't know how or why this happened, but it did (to my eternal shame) so obviously I headed to my nearest jeweller to have it reduced. He basically laughed at me and said it was eleven sizes too big. Eleven! And that it might not even be possible to have it reduced so many sizes. We sent it off anyway to find out. Today is the day I can go back and discover whether I now have my beautiful ring or whether it was beyond help. Fingers crossed!

Lesson Learnt: I'm stupid. Nothing more, nothing less xP

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This has been an awesome week for sleep. It only occurred to me this morning that I've slept, on average, 5 hours a day since Sunday night/Monday morning. My body and brain likes a good ol' fashioned 8 hours of sleep per night to function properly. Hoping for some proper sleep this weekend. Would definitely be appreciated~

Just happy that it's Friday. I hope today's work day goes by quickly, then it's crashing on my bed and complaining about being tired allllll evening. ♥

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The general reaction to the WWE 2014 Royal Rumble:

Rock.jpg

Bannedface3_zps40a7b2e9.png

john-cena-angry-face.jpeg.jpg

F5Np88l.gif

CornetteFace-FuckThisCompany.jpg

It's been a while since I last saw a fanbase explode with such blistering, unbridled fury as this. I'm very amused by it right now.

I haven't been here in so long, it feels like a whole new url. On another note, does anyone else get random, inexplicable moments of self loathing? You don't even need a reason, sometimes you just that wow I suck.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My Spritzee plush arrived. She's so pretty :') I say 'she' because the one I had in Y was female and I like having plushes that represent my team because I'm quirky like that.

Had a review at work and got green. More importantly I got a thank you from my manager for all the work I've been putting in recently, covering all the shifts and basically being two people's worth of staff. It was nice to get a thank you.

And Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday was amazing. AMAZING. Those songs ♥

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Spent a great evening with the family tonight, loud, obnoxious, chaotic, per usual when we're all in one place XD Thing is, we haven't been all together like this for nearly a year now, so, it feels all the more special.
It's kinda upsetting that I have to leave tomorrow, back to living on my own and stuff, back to focusing on the future and all that...At least for now, I get to relax and remember how things used to always be. Just wish it wouldn't end so soon again.

My Spritzee plush arrived. She's so pretty :') I say 'she' because the one I had in Y was female and I like having plushes that represent my team because I'm quirky like that.

Had a review at work and got green. More importantly I got a thank you from my manager for all the work I've been putting in recently, covering all the shifts and basically being two people's worth of staff. It was nice to get a thank you.

And Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday was amazing. AMAZING. Those songs ♥
I thought Phantom of the Opera closed already ?:?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I thought Phantom of the Opera closed already ?:?
Perish the thought! Phantom is in its 28th year at Her Majesty's Theatre in London and still going super strong :D I've seen it three times now, haha. Twice in London and once in Leeds when it was doing the UK Tour. It's so amazing ♥

38116 words. 11 chapters. I'm not even halfway done with my book >:)

but yeah, long time no see. One of my friends decided that she was going to finish her book by the end of the year before her birthday this year, and that inspired me to finish my book i've been working on since 10th grade (i'm a sophomore in college now). I hope that I can publish it one day ;A;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's an odd feeling when you've been having a creative block for so long that you don't even feel the need to create anymore. You're not really sure if you don't feel like drawing/writing because you simply don't feel like it or if it's because you've gotten used to being frustrated with continuously failed attempts - and you're even less sure if there's an underlying reason behind it or you're just having a weird phase in your life.

Eh, I don't even.

I. Can't. Believe. It.. The Pokemon Bank is released in Europe, is giving out Celebi, and I don't have a 3Ds or a copy of X or Y.. Ah well, I hope I will get it in less then a month.. Fingers crossed!

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Telefang is all kinds of amazing.
So glad that I bought the game!

I got a mini origami boat and a letter from the sender too! ♥
Tis adorable - I don't think they're very good with English
but what thoughtfulness! Really brought a smile to my face. (:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I woke up this morning congested for the first time in a few years. I don't know if the screwy weather is to blame, if I caught whatever my dad had last week, or if my 5-year-old cousin passed something along to me when he decided licking his fingers and touching me was hilarious the other day. Really, I don't care about how I got it. I just want my immune system to step it up and get rid of this inconvenience. :@

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
This morning I spent two hours shoveling a foot of snow out of my driveway. I looked outside just now and it's snowing again! >=O

It's days like this I wish Pokemon were real. I'd either have Piloswine/Mammoswine help me plow it, or have Infernape and maybe another Fire-type Flamethrower that mess. Perhaps get myself a Drought Ninetales! >:D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The BBC published an article on Twitch Plays Pokémon this afternoon. We'll ignore the fact the writer needed to look over the Wiki page for Pokémon for a few facts before publishing it and just be impressed that Pokémon made the BBC news :p

In other news I'm making an effort to complete my Kalos Pokédex after being sidetracked for the best part of the weekend thanks to Super Mario Bros. deluxe

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Speaking of Twitch Plays Pokémon, I was watching a Youtuber's stream, and at some point I went and watched a little of the Pokémon stream, and they had made it up to the Rocket Base in Celadon, which was impressive. 4-5 hours later, I came back and they haven't moved an inch.

I guess that's what happens when 75,000+ people try to play a single game. I'm impressed they even caught a Pokémon. XD

EDIT: I find the picture near the bottom of that article mentioned by @Demelza especially hilarious.
"Pokémon was even made into a film." OMIGOSH REALLY?

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
God damnit, Idina Menzel. WHY is your voice made of amazing and why is Let it Go stuck in my head so thoroughly. XD

Speaking of "Let It Go", I ran into this video earlier this afternoon and it's fairly amazing how well it all flows together (25 different languages represented):

In other thoughts-of-the-moment, I'm very glad that it's Friday again. Hoping to catch up on some lost sleep, missed Anime, and to play more Pokemon X (which I haven't managed much of this past week). :up:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh gods, I know, right. How the hell have they managed to locate 24 different women who sound enough like Idina Menzel to make this actually seem coherent? xD

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
It's been about a month now since all the creative motivation in me decided to flip me the bird and fly off, and it hasn't shown any sign of returning...What pisses me off is that I've gotten inspired several times since then, but I've never been able to follow through with any of my ideas. Now I'm stuck in this goddamn mental rut of non-productivity and I don't know how to get out of it. :@