• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Everything in the Pokemon storymode (i.e. not counting post-game) post-generation 4 is pathetic. The difficulty level has dropped drastically. I don't know whether it's pandering to a younger market, or through my own incompetence in previous generations, but everything now is just... easy.
I think that's why nuzlockes are so popular now. With such an easy story mode, having as much challenge as possible is very appealing. And there's Challenge mode in BW 2, which also helps a bunch.

Yeah, but even Nuzlocke runs on the newer games are fairly easy. You might lose two or three Pokemon on the way, but there is little chance that you'll get wiped out completely.

Now in older generations, Nuzlockes are MUCH more challenging. Right up until the last second, there is always the chance that you will get blown to smithereens by something (e.g. Cynthia in Gen 4, Gary in Gen 1/3).

Crushing really hard on a fictional character/actor. Feel like I am in high school all over again. Damn writers making Ben Wyatt so damn charming <.>

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
The only thing the challenge mode really does is increase the levels of wild Pokémon and trainer's Pokémon. It doesn't increase the difficulty at all.
It raises the levels of all trainers and gym leaders, and usually gives them new Pokémon. For example, Roxie gets a Grimer in Challenge mode. Wild Pokémon are unchanged.

Actually I found the first 3 gens even more laughably easy than Gen 4 onwards. Only things that was somewhat difficult was Sabrina in Red and Blue due to a large amount of the gen weak to Psychic and Psychic being an OP type to being with and in Gen 3 with the bulkiness of Tate and Liza's Claydol. I mean most my challenges have been in Gen 5, Drayden and Caitlin have caused me a lot more trouble each than GSC and RBG combine. Gen 4 just had a terrible selection of Pokemon until Platinum evened it out slightly. Gen 6 doesn't fit my point just because the choice was so wide it was hard not to end up with a good team

Actually I found the first 3 gens even more laughably easy than Gen 4 onwards. Only things that was somewhat difficult was Sabrina in Red and Blue due to a large amount of the gen weak to Psychic and Psychic being an OP type to being with and in Gen 3 with the bulkiness of Tate and Liza's Claydol. I mean most my challenges have been in Gen 5, Drayden and Caitlin have caused me a lot more trouble each than GSC and RBG combine. Gen 4 just had a terrible selection of Pokemon until Platinum evened it out slightly. Gen 6 doesn't fit my point just because the choice was so wide it was hard not to end up with a good team
Didnt help that for Gen 6 they were allergic to giving full teams to people. I mean come on, your secondary rivals never get to raise more then 3 pokemon? The main rival is barely better, his team barely hitting 6 pokemon. Takes forever.

The other thing that ticked me off for the difficulty was the Elite 4 not having a full team either. Its handy when money/exp grinding but seriously, they were pretty laughable overall.

Yeah I know, I mean the ones they did have were actually good Pokemon but the teams were too small and a little under levelled to give a real challenge.

I thought the main rivals team was pretty weak if I'm honest compared the the secondary rivals. I mean Tierno had Talonflame and Roserade both are fairly impressive, Trevor had Aerodactyl and that special tank Florges and Shauna had this regions psuedo and a fully evolved starter. Where as Calem/Serena has Absol which is really frail, Meowstic which is unthreatening, Altaria which is a fairly easy Dragon to beat their only Pokemon of note prior to Elite 4 was the Eeveelutions which have fairly bad movepools and the starter. I mean when even Shauna outclasses you, you know you're a bad rival

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Yeah, the rivals in X and Y were pretty bad. I hope they actually let May/Brendan get a full team this time, and actually finish evolving their starter. I can't wait to see Wally as well, he's one of my favorite rivals, next to Hugh and Bianca. (Mega Gardevoir, anyone?)

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
@SuperSableye24, I don't know what you mean by "finish evolving their starter". Serena/Calem finished evolving theirs, and so did Shauna. (Unless there's something about R/S/E I haven't heard about. Then again, I'm only 10 and I got into Pokémon in Gen 4.

Actually I found the first 3 gens even more laughably easy than Gen 4 onwards. Only things that was somewhat difficult was Sabrina in Red and Blue due to a large amount of the gen weak to Psychic and Psychic being an OP type to being with and in Gen 3 with the bulkiness of Tate and Liza's Claydol. I mean most my challenges have been in Gen 5, Drayden and Caitlin have caused me a lot more trouble each than GSC and RBG combine.

In my experience, gen 5 was a cakewalk. Anything relatively powerful knocks off Drayden's first two Pokemon with ease, then his Haxorus almost always Dragon Dances on the first turn, which basically gives you a free hit. Bug types WRECK Caitlin. My Accelgor took her out within about 5 or 6 turns. Bug Buzz is the way.

I also refuse to believe that you didn't have at least a little trouble with Juan and the Kingdra. That thing is a nightmare.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
@SuperSableye24, I don't know what you mean by "finish evolving their starter". Serena/Calem finished evolving theirs, and so did Shauna. (Unless there's something about R/S/E I haven't heard about. Then again, I'm only 10 and I got into Pokémon in Gen 4.
In gen 3, your rival never fully evolves their Treeko/Torchic/Mudkip, as the last battle against them happens before the 7th gym leader, after which they "quit being a trainer" and go to help their father, the games professor, Professor Birch. Another rival, Wally, whom you've only fought once, takes their place as your main rival and you battle one last time against a full team in Victory Road. I really like this, because you have no idea what his team is throughout the game, other than his Gardevoir.

Juan's Kingdra was no trouble at all, just like Whitney's Miltank was. Manectric with Thunder Wave has always helped me. Ludicolo with Giga Drain is also really nice. Only thing annoying about it is Double Team but I find Koga's Muk using Minimize more annoying due to Poison Gas and Disable (Toxic and Acid Armour in the remakes).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Today has just been one of those days where you can't really say it's raining, but if you step outside you end up soaked to the skin :V Also I took complete advantage of the fact my parents are away and sat in the garden feeding Magpies. Naughty me ♥

Also also: Encountered this online somewhere...
dinosaur_pet_guide.jpeg

Honestly, I'd say a Velociraptor is worth the risk. Compsognatus is my favourite though, I can totally see Celebs having them in their hand bags. A 'bit nippy' made me giggle too.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well, here it is. My 2000th post. It needs to be hilarious and memorable, so here we go...

Once upon a time Ed Miliband ate a bacon sandwich.

miliband7.jpg

It pwnt his sorry, flat-nosed face. The End.

Now to celebrate this momentous occasion the only way I know how:

Daikatana_zpsdd0e07d1.png

#SuckItDown.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
My big brother who is 13 just came downstairs this morning has been watching PBS and Nick Jr. for the past 7 weeks ever since he turned a teenager. Oh. My. God. You even have half the songs from these shows stuck in my head.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm finished work for the summer (aka. laid off) as of this coming Friday, June 20th. This year more than ever I feel more tense about this fact than excited. While I've been anticipating work finishing for weeks now it still feels like it snuck up on me. I guess I'm just not quite prepared for it to be over yet, both financially and due to not being entirely sure how I'd like to spend my summer. It'll be nice having more spare time to spend with friends and family but last summer I felt rather aimless, too.

I'm sure I'll be fine once work is finally officially over. Hopefully. Just gotta think positively and keep busy. xp

After not being able to sleep last night I've pretty much slept all day, only just got up (it's 6pm).

I finally got the results for an exam I did last month, even with 2 weeks of constant studying I barely passed. It's a little disheartening that after I put every last detail I was taught, references from the reading list, my own independent research and my own references, that I barely even passed.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I swear these two OTPs of mine are going to be the end of me wbeufyhfdgvyukesj sobs they seriously hurt a lot because of plot but I can't stop shipping them omg I must be a m-

In other news, Mom is making me look for a job. This can only end badly for me.

Speaking of OTPs, with the arrival of ORAS hopefully I get to see more of my favourite Pokemon crack ship Nate x Brendan (TopiaryShipping) they look so adorably cute together I just can't >w<

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I agreed to help out in church by playing keyboard but I have never played keyboard before sob ;;

I mean, I've been playing piano for more than 12 years now, but I'm not that great at reading chords and playing them and making it sound cool ughhh why did I do this I'm terrible terrible terrible

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I've been playing piano for more than 12 years now
So you started playing piano before you were even born?
magic-show.jpg

So today I was playing tag with a few friends. I was it, so I tagged one of them. Then, the person I tagged tagged the kid right next to him and he was like "Go ahead, tag me." Then he came charging after me, and since he's like 10 times faster than I am, he got me. So then I tagged another one, and then he tagged that SAME EXACT KID and the same thing happened again. And since there was only one person left (not counting the one who kept tagging me) that I hadn't tagged, so I tagged him, and the same thing happened AGAIN. So then I decided that maybe if I tagged him, he would go for someone else. The rule is no tag backs before 10 seconds have passed anyway! So I tagged him. But did he tag someone else? No, he just waited 10 seconds and went after me again! God damn, Noah! I'm not the only person playing here!
At least we've gotten over the situation. But now they're saying they're going to Dairy Queen without me? I don't think so!
(And if you don't know what Dairy Queen is,
It's a restaurant that serves ice cream.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it hot and sunny in the UK, UK hot weather is the most uncomfortable kind, so sticky and humid and heavy, it always feels at least a good 15 Celsius warmer than it really is. I just want it to go away, because I'm having to peel off everything I touch >_< Not to mention the heat rash (strangely don't get it in warmer countries like Spain)

I regret having the leftover pizza, it tasted kind of groady and I'm getting a little bored of having it 3 or 4 times a week. So for the month of July I'm experimenting with cooking so my diet varies (:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
HELP THE LAST EPISODE OF MY ANIME IS TODAY IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO EVERY SATURDAY MORNING FROM NOW ON NOOOOOOO
I've been waiting for this but at the same time I don't want it to happen it's been too short I need a season 2 sob

In other news my sleep schedule is officially really messed up and I need to get it back on track in 2 weeks

HELP THE LAST EPISODE OF MY ANIME IS TODAY IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO EVERY SATURDAY MORNING FROM NOW ON NOOOOOOO
I've been waiting for this but at the same time I don't want it to happen it's been too short I need a season 2 sob
Oh my. And I thought I was the only one who needs a second season because Hitsugi no Chaika's ending was disappointing, and I don't have any animes to watch now (me hates mainstream animes). By the way, what is the anime that you are watching, @Kyubeon?