• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are saying you can't suspend your disbelief because the rp is not for children. The problem I have with that is just about every horror movie ever throws suspension of disbelief out the window and practically none of them are made for children. Why can't adults just enjoy some sci-fi or fantasy for what it is.

You clearly not only understand the concept of fiction but also enjoy it as an entertainment source or else you would not read manga, watch anime and have even played video games like the original Pokemon.

So why does a story have to make more scientific sense to you than any other fictional media you enjoy?

Look I am not trying to compare anyone's intellect on his site or say who is smarter than anyone else. Personally I think we have a lot of very bright people in this thread. Anyway suffice it to say I am above average and I have had a couple of years of college level sciences under my belt. I however am over 30 married and I have a lot of people in my house to manage and a full time job. I am not going to painstakingly read through medical journals in advanced virology to formulate a theorem that will work perfectly for my purposes. If that makes me a lazy writer so be it. If you don't like my style of storytelling then you are not forced to play.

As an st I do try to make considerations for players and adaptions concerning plot. If you come up with an idea I did not expect then I will run with it and if my plot gets broken then I will pull more out of my ass. However I am not going to rewrite the plot itself because a player finds it disbelieveable in a fictions environment that would I guess be classified as sci-fi. Unless all of the players agree then I will do so.

Typed from my phone so usual disclaimer on typos and such.

You are saying you can't suspend your disbelief because the rp is not for children. The problem I have with that is just about every horror movie ever throws suspension of disbelief out the window and practically none of them are made for children. Why can't adults just enjoy some sci-fi or fantasy for what it is.

You clearly not only understand the concept of fiction but also enjoy it as an entertainment source or else you would not read manga, watch anime and have even played video games like the original Pokemon.

So why does a story have to make more scientific sense to you than any other fictional media you enjoy?

Look I am not trying to compare anyone's intellect on his site or say who is smarter than anyone else. Personally I think we have a lot of very bright people in this thread. Anyway suffice it to say I am above average and I have had a couple of years of college level sciences under my belt. I however am over 30 married and I have a lot of people in my house to manage and a full time job. I am not going to painstakingly read through medical journals in advanced virology to formulate a theorem that will work perfectly for my purposes. If that makes me a lazy writer so be it. If you don't like my style of storytelling then you are not forced to play.

As an st I do try to make considerations for players and adaptions concerning plot. If you come up with an idea I did not expect then I will run with it and if my plot gets broken then I will pull more out of my ass. However I am not going to rewrite the plot itself because a player finds it disbelieveable in a fictions environment that would I guess be classified as sci-fi. Unless all of the players agree then I will do so.

Typed from my phone so usual disclaimer on typos and such.
No, shitty horror movies throw reality from the window. Ever hear of Nightmare on Elmstreet 4? If you say yes, then you know exactly how laughable of a horror movie it is. If you say no, then there is a reason for it. It is the horror movies that are grounded in the reality of the setting that are truly terrifying.
with Sci-Fi we can make assumptions based on what we already know to create fictional science. Humans don't know how to reach light speed, or travel millions of light years in a few moments, but the setting is typically in the future to which a person can suspend their disbelief saying "oh well they've made a hyper drive which works on physics we can't comprehend".
However, once again we are comparing apples to oranges here. This RP is grounded in reality, and the Pokemon universe is it not? Since Pokemon has never really had any diseases, then we must look to reality as a reference. When reality's viruses have laws, and biology they abide by then they must be followed as well.
The suspension of disbelief is a last resort, not a requirement in storytelling. If it is unavoidable then so be it. Humans do not know how to jump through hyperspace, and make laser weapons, but the concept, and idea is cool enough to stand on its own, and breed a futuristic setting. Magic is an outside power in most fantasy worlds where scientific laws are not meant to apply. Pokemon is a world in which Pokemon can be cured of all injuries, fatigue, and illnesses via a Pokemon Center. However, Pokemon centers only work this way in the game. A more plot driven story like the anime or manga have Pokemon Centers work similar to hospitals. The reason it's just a healing beam station of magic in the game is for the sake of convenience for the player.
Like I've said before, if there was not a better explanation, or way to create this scenario then I would suspend my disbelief, but the fact of the matter is that there is a better explanation that fits the laws of the world you've set up.
I am not here to compare anyone's intelligence either. I never even mentioned the subject, so I don't know why it was brought up. These are merely things that I noticed as a reader of the story, and this is a theory that I came up with based on the given information. We do have bright people in the thread, but the lack of an open mind is a waste of potential. I would like to also stress that I am bringing this to your attention, not demanding a change.
Please do state why my suggestion is something you expected, and cannot run with. In my opinion it fits in perfectly with the plot thus far. As I have said numerous times, the virus could be a red herring to trick the trainers. The entire plot that has been written down at the moment would be unaffected. As for any future plans you may have had, they may or may not need to be adapted. Please do point out where I'm wrong in saying this, and where my suggestion would conflict with the written plot thus far.

Your plot suggestion would leave your Pokemon unaffected as they were never captured for these injections.

Whether you are really trying to make a legitimate argument or once again evade a plot device you don't like I am not going to say.

I am just going to say this.

NO

Your plot suggestion would leave your Pokemon unaffected as they were never captured for these injections.

Whether you are really trying to make a legitimate argument or once again evade a plot device you don't like I am not going to say.

I am just going to say this.

NO
If that's the only reason, and you need Itigus to fight his own Pokemon, we could simply say that Team Rocket captured them because they were wild. They could've even been injected later on with the drug, and be used against Itigus. This might even be a more interesting exchange as they are being commanded by people, and not simply random encounters.
I am not doing this for my sake. I mean, for what purpose would I even need to? I was actually looking forward to writing some emotional scenes.
If your only reason for denying it is because you think i'm trying to get out of a conflict, and become more powerful than other people then you are sorely mistaken.

I don't personally agree with you on the pokemon genetics. There are things that work on all pokemon and not humans. One such example is rare candy. Most pokemon have evolution as a common theme regardless of egg groups. Humans do not have pokemon evolution, they are not affected by rare candy and no human is affected by a type stone.

So there is clearly some genetic commonality among all pokemon. So if you can explain to me how a rare candy works believably then I will give your argument credence. I see no reason why a virus can't be the type that affects pokemon cellular structure and not humans or animals. In fact their is a new scientific theory for you Pokemon have a different type of cellular structure that is not classifiable by our understanding of science. This could explain why pokemone can seem to be plant, animal, and even things that should not be alive.

Viruses key toward a particular cellular structure all the time for instance note a bactericaphage. There are exponentially more bacteriaphages in the world than their are viruses that attack complex animal cells. Yet despite the massive number of viruses out their the actual math chance when they do manage to jump species from say just animal to human is stupidly low in the grand scheme. That is jumping from one complex animal cell to another complex animal cell. A plant virus jumping to say a human is even more ridiculous. Thus if pokemon have a different type of cellular structure then the chances a pokemon virus could affect humanity would be pretty much nil.

Okay guys, let's not start a cat fight. @Dreiki, how about we just go with what we have and know and stick with it? I know it can be frustrating to be bothered by little details with big impacts, but it's only the second day after all, and Astral is known to be very secretive of her plans and plots, so let's just sit back and enjoy the ride shall we? I'm sure she'll surprise us with more revelations that might put everything in place further into the story.

I don't personally agree with you on the pokemon genetics. There are things that work on all pokemon and not humans. One such example is rare candy. Most pokemon have evolution as a common theme regardless of egg groups. Humans do not have pokemon evolution, they are not affected by rare candy and no human is affected by a type stone.

So there is clearly some genetic commonality among all pokemon. So if you can explain to me how a rare candy works believably then I will give your argument credence. I see no reason why a virus can't be the type that affects pokemon cellular structure and not humans or animals. In fact their is a new scientific theory for you Pokemon have a different type of cellular structure that is not classifiable by our understanding of science. This could explain why pokemone can seem to be plant, animal, and even things that should not be alive.

Viruses key toward a particular cellular structure all the time for instance note a bactericaphage. There are exponentially more bacteriaphages in the world than their are viruses that attack complex animal cells. Yet despite the massive number of viruses out their the actual math chance when they do manage to jump species from say just animal to human is stupidly low in the grand scheme. That is jumping from one complex animal cell to another complex animal cell. A plant virus jumping to say a human is even more ridiculous. Thus if pokemon have a different type of cellular structure then the chances a pokemon virus could affect humanity would be pretty much nil.

Rare candies are chemicals not viruses. Viruses are organisms, and work by attacking the RNA/DNA of living cells. The immune system of each and every species is different, so to create one virus that bypasses them all while still not infecting humans is impossible. As I said before, chemicals work on all organisms given the proper dosage.
Not to mention, it's mentioned numerous times that there are cases in which Pokemon turn into humans, or humans turning into Pokemon. (Pokemon DPP libraries & various Pokedex entries.) Legendaries do not have evolutions, and some normal Pokemon can't evolve either such as Sigilyph, or Dunsparce.
Rare candies are initially a game item just like Pokemon Centers. They are convenient items. This is also why fresh water heals more than a potion. It is for the sake of the game having balanced items, and logic. Why would you spend 350Poke for something that heals 10HP?
However, from a realistic standpoint Rare Candies could potentially be looked at as a steroid, or growth hormone. I suggested earlier that this proposed drug could be based off of a rare candy since it is a canon item in the game.
It is also just as absurd to say that a plant virus will jump to dogs. AIDS in itself is a difficult virus because it's one that originated from apes. This is why it's hard to cure because it's one of the very rare cases in which the virus managed to jump from species to species. Your virus would do this multiple times while being able to be cured by Pokeballs. I personally find that hard to believe even in a fictional setting.
This is my observation as an outside reader, so do take it with a grain of salt. I don't mean to undermine you in any way. As you already know I'm rather argumentative, and I'm perfectly willing to change my position if you give me a valid reason. Is there a sort of plot point that this would ruin?

The reason June ate the wood, if you don't know (It is kind of obscure...) The basic form of Delphox is a little fox called Fennekin. According to the Pokedex, Fennekin enjoys eating sticks and other wood in as a energy providing snack.
Thanks for elaborating on this. I admit that I did raise an eyebrow at that seemingly odd behavior, but now it makes sense and I can only applaud you for thinking of putting it in there. Well done :D
-

On the topic that Dreiki brought up, surprise surprise, I have something to say as well. :D

I like your attempt at realism here Dreiki, however we're working with dramatic realism. This means that wounds that should get infected will only get infected when it adds to the story, and people that should have stayed in coma's will wake up relatively quickly because it's more fun for the players that way. Also keep in mind that we're playing in a fictional setting with magical creatures that can somehow be stored in tiny containers. There are magical works int he works such as levitation, telekinesis, instant healing and curing of negative status effects like poison. We're already accepting a bunch of fiction for the sake of a fun campaign setting, and making a few more minor concessions here and there should be no big deal as long as it adds to the fun.

Maybe you can find some peace in the way I look at this "virus" because honestly the whole things doesn't make to much sense, and isn't one of my favorite plots in popular fiction either.

I see this Pokemon virus as something similar to Resident Evil's T-Virus, or a zombie virus, or what have you. It mutates those it affects at an accelerated pace to make them bigger, stronger, and infinitely more violent. As for why certain things are affect and other are not, doesn't actually really matter to much, but I just figured they managed to link it to Pokebal technology.

Pokeballs seem to only really work on free pokemon and not quite on humans. At the same time, if a pokemon has already been caught and is registered to a pokeball then other pokeballs don't seem to be able to catch it anymore, until a Pokemon is set free. I just assume that the virus works in a similar fashion. It works on all Pokemon, not humans. Pokemon that are already captures seem to be protected from being affected, but if they are released then they become susceptible. From a narrative point of view this works fine, certainly well enough to function as a set up for a survival story.

As for why TR would gather prominent trainers for this. Perhaps it's not entirely related. Perhaps there is a large underground gambling tournament going on and people are betting on trainers. Perhaps they opted to use prominent trainers and champions to make thigns more excited, while at the same time removing them from the regions. Itigus is an example of how meddlesome some champions can turn out to be.

These are just my opinions, and help me make sense of the things I need to make sense of in order to play this RP.

Thanks for elaborating on this. I admit that I did raise an eyebrow at that seemingly odd behavior, but now it makes sense and I can only applaud you for thinking of putting it in there. Well done :D
-

On the topic that Dreiki brought up, surprise surprise, I have something to say as well. :D

I like your attempt at realism here Dreiki, however we're working with dramatic realism. This means that wounds that should get infected will only get infected when it adds to the story, and people that should have stayed in coma's will wake up relatively quickly because it's more fun for the players that way. Also keep in mind that we're playing in a fictional setting with magical creatures that can somehow be stored in tiny containers. There are magical works int he works such as levitation, telekinesis, instant healing and curing of negative status effects like poison. We're already accepting a bunch of fiction for the sake of a fun campaign setting, and making a few more minor concessions here and there should be no big deal as long as it adds to the fun.

Maybe you can find some peace in the way I look at this "virus" because honestly the whole things doesn't make to much sense, and isn't one of my favorite plots in popular fiction either.

I see this Pokemon virus as something similar to Resident Evil's T-Virus, or a zombie virus, or what have you. It mutates those it affects at an accelerated pace to make them bigger, stronger, and infinitely more violent. As for why certain things are affect and other are not, doesn't actually really matter to much, but I just figured they managed to link it to Pokebal technology.

Pokeballs seem to only really work on free pokemon and not quite on humans. At the same time, if a pokemon has already been caught and is registered to a pokeball then other pokeballs don't seem to be able to catch it anymore, until a Pokemon is set free. I just assume that the virus works in a similar fashion. It works on all Pokemon, not humans. Pokemon that are already captures seem to be protected from being affected, but if they are released then they become susceptible. From a narrative point of view this works fine, certainly well enough to function as a set up for a survival story.

As for why TR would gather prominent trainers for this. Perhaps it's not entirely related. Perhaps there is a large underground gambling tournament going on and people are betting on trainers. Perhaps they opted to use prominent trainers and champions to make thigns more excited, while at the same time removing them from the regions. Itigus is an example of how meddlesome some champions can turn out to be.

These are just my opinions, and help me make sense of the things I need to make sense of in order to play this RP.
As I've said before, each setting, and world has it's own laws and rules. The Pokemon Universe is currently what we reside in with a realistic twist to it. Is a miracle drug really more difficult to explain than a retrovirus that rides off the backs of bacteria, and a ton of other large scientific words? All they'd need to say in the creation was that it was an attempt to surpass the Rare Candy Formula. The T-Virus is a different story. When it was spread in the air, people used gas masks. Other times it was simply an injected disease. However, the T-Virus was never really cured by anything other than a vaccine/killing the afflicted.
At the same time if the capture effect of Pokeballs lasts after Pokemon are released then my own Pokemon would not be effected.
As for the underground gambling, I've already explained why a money motivation is out of the question numerous times.
I understand having certain things for the convenience of plot, but I will say this once again. In a story, these conveniences should be avoided if possible. If not, then it's completely fine, but this is not the case here. I have already explained a simple solution to the plot hole that could still roll along with the established story so far. It's only the second day after all.

As I've said before, each setting, and world has it's own laws and rules. The Pokemon Universe is currently what we reside in with a realistic twist to it. Is a miracle drug really more difficult to explain than a retrovirus that rides off the backs of bacteria, and a ton of other large scientific words? All they'd need to say in the creation was that it was an attempt to surpass the Rare Candy Formula. The T-Virus is a different story. When it was spread in the air, people used gas masks. Other times it was simply an injected disease. However, the T-Virus was never really cured by anything other than a vaccine/killing the afflicted.
At the same time if the capture effect of Pokeballs lasts after Pokemon are released then my own Pokemon would not be effected.
As for the underground gambling, I've already explained why a money motivation is out of the question numerous times.
I understand having certain things for the convenience of plot, but I will say this once again. In a story, these conveniences should be avoided if possible. If not, then it's completely fine, but this is not the case here. I have already explained a simple solution to the plot hole that could still roll along with the established story so far. It's only the second day after all.

I don't actually see this as a plot hole though. As long as the specifics of how this virus works don't actually matter there is really no point in arguing over it to this extend.

Maybe the virus is a sentient one that chooses it's targets. It doesn't like humans or pokemon tied to humans. Or maybe it's a just a virus that affects everything except the things with a human strain. I don't know how pokeballs work in a compeltely realistic, and scientific manner either, and I don't need to to enjoy them, but perhaps using a pokeball to capture a pokemon ties that pokemon to a particular human's genetic code and that's why it cannot be captured by other balls anymore. It doesn't really matter, all that matters is that this is how it works.

As for the gambling tournament. I actually meant it was more for the fun of it, or maybe it's just something for various criminals to bond over. Like a cage fight. They get together and enjoy a show, and then talk business with each other. It actually doesn't matter what their reasons are for this either, if the GM never intents for the players to find out.

In any case, I'm not disputing your ideas. It could very well be that those would work better in explaining what is happening. Would this campaign be my story then I would make sure everything made as much sense as if possibly could, but right now all that I need to know is that for the sake of story there needs to be a virus that works in a specific way. Alright, done, easy. I just need to make sure that I don't let the monsters kill the characters, and that the virus is stopped by the end. Either it gets destroyed, or a cure is administered. I don't need to know how it works on a microscopic level.

I'm sorry, :p I guess I'm just using a very convoluted way to ask, "Does it really matter how the virus works, when all you need is that it work?"

PS: I completely understand your need to make sense of things though. Had a been a couple of years younger I would have been right there with you demanding things make proper sense. Heck it still often bothers me when I see how things could have been done better. It's because of this that I'm having a hard time enjoying any video game or movie anymore these days. I can only look for the parts that I did like and focus on those.

Heh actually funny thing the virus was mainly suppose to be an hyper aggression variant.

The players in their post started the mutation aspect so I said fuck it and went cannon with it.

Dreiki, you are going on a lot about the immune system factor but you did not even address my alternate cellular theory.

Now it is very possible to increase the infection ability of a virus. It has been done and documented in labs. For instance phage therapy which has been around for around 100 years longer if you count the Chinese. It was ignored in the west because antibiotics where found more reliable at the time.

However it was picked back up in the 1970s and then fully later in the 90s. They found the strains where to weak and so they went through a large amount of lab rats culturing a stronger strain until they did her results.

I am just using this as an example that virus strains can be artificially strengthen in a lab.

For my cannon I am incorporating a new cellular structure theory for Pokemon. I will give details in specific later if you wish.

Heh actually funny thing the virus was mainly suppose to be an hyper aggression variant.

The players in their post started the mutation aspect so I said fuck it and went cannon with it.

Dreiki, you are going on a lot about the immune system factor but you did not even address my alternate cellular theory.

Now it is very possible to increase the infection ability of a virus. It has been done and documented in labs. For instance phage therapy which has been around for around 100 years longer if you count the Chinese. It was ignored in the west because antibiotics where found more reliable at the time.

However it was picked back up in the 1970s and then fully later in the 90s. They found the strains where to weak and so they went through a large amount of lab rats culturing a stronger strain until they did her results.

I am just using this as an example that virus strains can be artificially strengthen in a lab.

For my cannon I am incorporating a new cellular structure theory for Pokemon. I will give details in specific later if you wish.

Rare candies are chemicals not viruses. Viruses are organisms, and work by attacking the RNA/DNA of living cells. The immune system of each and every species is different, so to create one virus that bypasses them all while still not infecting humans is impossible. As I said before, chemicals work on all organisms given the proper dosage.
Not to mention, it's mentioned numerous times that there are cases in which Pokemon turn into humans, or humans turning into Pokemon. (Pokemon DPP libraries & various Pokedex entries.) Legendaries do not have evolutions, and some normal Pokemon can't evolve either such as Sigilyph, or

If you're a biology major I hope you know that plants are actually living beings too.
It is exactly why immunity, and biodiversity is present in Pokemon that you alternate cellular theory is incorrect. It has been stated multiple times throughout the series that humans, and Pokemon are interchangeable. People have turned into Kadabra, or Phantump. Not to mention the presence of egg groups means that there are some Pokemon too biologically different to make an offspring.
Please do tell me how my solution can't be incorporated to a greater effect.
Not to mention, infection rate using phages is attuned towards humans not multiple species. I'm not arguing that they don't exist, I'm arguing that such a disease is impossible biologically.
Why would you contrive more, and more things when there is a much more simple explanation that keeps you closer to the source material? If you wanna have it, fine it's your RP, but I personally wouldn't try to ground it in realism.

However, I don't think this is really the issue here. I understand it's probably annoying to see the new guy trying to suggest plot changes. I also understand you were rather against me joining in the first place, but please do know that I only aim to make the story better.

I am well aware plants are living organisms.

However Pokemon are absolutely impossible to explain biologically. Just because some of them look like plants it dosent mean they are. There are plenty of Pokemon that should not be alive. Like voltorb, magnemite, and ghost Pokemon.

Thus the chemicals have the same scientific barrier as a virus. Because we have no idea of the biology of some Pokemon unless I make some ground rules.

The phage sure we're not targeted toward humans they were targeted toward bacteria that infect humans.

Bacteriaphages have a more simplistic structure than virus that are targeted toward animal cells.

Now my next point there is still a shit ton of stuff that we do not know about viruses. Also the number of existing viruses is scientifically impossible to calculate currently much less document what they can do and more evolve faster than we could ever hope to keep up.

So a fictional virus that ignores what little we truly know is not that far fetched honestly.

For that matter the Pokemon world clearly has more advanced technology than we do and we do not know what their science is capable of.

Finally in my world humans do not become Pokemon without scientific tampering which is yet to be ever documented.

The concept is myth and lore unproven scientifically.

Edit: I do not mind you as a new player your intro post was rather good. I do think you can add to the story. Also if you manage to do something icly that disrupts my plot that does not involve you overstepping or God modding my plots then I will adapt my story in response. On the other hand I do not wish to change already set plot that happened before you got here based on your OOC views.

I do appreciate you discussing yours desires here first rather than just implementing them ICly. I will and am hearing you out even though we disagree.

I will not tolerate God modding my plot Icly.

One last thing I did specificy the word most concerning evolution not all as I am aware there are exceptions.

Last edited:
I am well aware plants are living organisms.

However Pokemon are absolutely impossible to explain biologically. Just because some of them look like plants it dosent mean they are. There are plenty of Pokemon that should not be alive. Like voltorb, magnemite, and ghost Pokemon.

Thus the chemicals have the same scientific barrier as a virus. Because we have no idea of the biology of some Pokemon unless I make some ground rules.

The phage sure we're not targeted toward humans they were targeted toward bacteria that infect humans.

Bacteriaphages have a more simplistic structure than virus that are targeted toward animal cells.

Now my next point there is still a shit ton of stuff that we do not know about viruses. Also the number of existing viruses is scientifically impossible to calculate currently much less document what they can do and more evolve faster than we could ever hope to keep up.

So a fictional virus that ignores what little we truly know is not that far fetched honestly.

For that matter the Pokemon world clearly has more advanced technology than we do and we do not know what their science is capable of.

Finally in my world humans do not become Pokemon without scientific tampering which is yet to be ever documented.

The concept is myth and lore unproven scientifically.
There are plenty of organisms in the real world that look like plants, but aren't too. Pokemon are able to be explained biologically because the setting has put them in their own species of creature.
Humans are one species, Pokemon are several different species. This is why viruses don't work. This is also ignoring all of the other points I made. Even if we were to assume they made this miracle virus it wouldn't explain the fact that trainer Pokemon remain unaffiliated. We can't argue that the virus is sentient because that would mean an even more impossible disease.
To say that there is so much we don't know about viruses therefore it's fine to make it up is a flawed way of thinking. If it hasn't been observed in reality, and your story is based in reality, then you should stick with the information that is known.
The fact of the matter is that we do know a lot about viruses, but we know little of certain specific strains. Is there stuff we don't know? Certainly, but I'd argue we still know a lot considering no one has died of Smallpox in a while.
Honestly though you could have humans with laser vision if you wanted in your RP because it's your RP. It doesn't mean I can't say that humans having laser vision in a Pokemon RP doesn't make sense though.

My question has not gotten an answer yet though. Why is it that my solution to this is not viable? Point to me where the virus being a drug would change anything at all for what you have planned, and what has happened so far.

Err, out of curiosity...What does this mutation entail? Does it just make them better, faster, stronger, bigger? Or do they full on mutate into abominations? I believe it is the former, considering someone would've pointed out some multieyed Magikarp or something by now, but it is kind of important for June's state.

Well, what can I say? June's no waster :D Though I'm glad I remembered it in the end, I almost left it out and slept and would be majorly embarrassed in the morning :p

Haha, awww Burble June is so precious! :D

I just want to snuggle with that prideful little ball of fur. Also, I like that you made it so that she notices this connection between Cassie and Salem, and I thank you so much for referencing the trial and some of the stuff revealed in Graves. Ah, I could just hug you too.

Oh, I also should mention that Cassie has some pretty obvious, and fresh cuts on her cheek where Lady got her. I almost forgot about it myself, so, it's fine if June didn't notice it. :p
Ah, right. The cuts. Darn, but I guess if your fine with it it's fine :p

June's probably my favorite Pokemon to Roleplay with now thanks to this RP. It gave her a lot more fleshing out in terms of her personality. Of course, I have Graves to thank again for this as well, but because I can focus on just her, it's a ton easier.

June! You can twist her friends into shell-shocked survivors, and you can do the same to her, but never will she swallow her pride :D
I might even have her keep up a somewhat prideful attitude if/when she gets infected. Guess we shall figure that out soon,

I ain't nearly smart (or old) enough to question the virus or join in with some intelligent banter concerning viruses, here's all I have to say:
Can't we just have fun with the Roleplay? Even in the manga half this stuff is just left up in the air. They fused Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos together with quite little explanation, and even still, it's Pokemon. Pokemon, where people turn into trees if they die in the forest, palm trees and birds are somehow Dragons, computers can store hundreds of sentient beings, and Yen is a international currency. Can we just brush this aside? Realistic or not, I'd prefer a mix of the two. Pokemon logic and real life logic. Wouldn't the fun of games be taken away if we applied realism to it? Like in Mario, or Pikmin, or Team Fortress 2. All in all, it's a silly argument for a silly game (That we are playing for fun!) that is getting out of hand.

I don't care if it's a drug or a virus! It warps the Pokemon and that's what matters. Almost everyone would be dead if it weren't for the Pokemon logic we apply! I think Pen summed it up nicely with her post.

So let's just set this down, brush it off. I think it's kind of a waste of time at this point, as you could both be writing your posts at this time with the amount of skills your applying in your arguments. Okay? Okay.

One my story is not based in reality. It is in a fictional world with creatures that defy the laws of physics and some creatures with the power of so called gods.

Two you do not know where my plot is going or what I have up my sleeve so you cannot possibly know whether that change will affect the rest of my plot or not. You are making a lot of assumptions.

Like you made some assumptions in your post. You assumed the hotel guards were carrying lethal weapons which I believe I never stated they were.( now I could be wrong as I am on a phone and have not gone back to check all my original descriptions. If so you can show me and I will apologize.)

You also assumed that no tv crews or cameras were present. I may not have stated them but that did not mean they were not there.

Sorry Burb I posted before seeing your post :'|

Most of the time I have learned my lessons over the years. I got s little caught up in the past trying to get in a more patient calm mind state.

Dreiki this argument is over in this board. If you really want to just argue for the hell of it then you can send me a conversation if you so desire whoever you want to tie in.

Most people do not like viewing an argument or a debate and in a rl tabletop game or Larp it slows the game down to argue with the ST and pisses the rest of the players off.

My current ruling the virus plot stays.

One my story is not based in reality. It is in a fictional world with creatures that defy the laws of physics and some creatures with the power of so called gods.

Two you do not know where my plot is going or what I have up my sleeve so you cannot possibly know whether that change will affect the rest of my plot or not. You are making a lot of assumptions.

Like you made some assumptions in your post. You assumed the hotel guards were carrying lethal weapons which I believe I never stated they were.( now I could be wrong as I am on a phone and have not gone back to check all my original descriptions. If so you can show me and I will apologize.)

You also assumed that no tv crews or cameras were present. I may not have stated them but that did not mean they were not there.

I am not making assumptions, I'm trying to do the opposite. I'm asking you whether or not this difference actually changes anything you had planned, or anything that was currently written.
I assumed that no TV crews were there because I would be writing them in if I didn't. If they're not mentioned then it's even more of an assumption to say they exist than to say they don't. Please refrain from this backward thinking, and stick to the subject at hand.
If my post conflicts anywhere with your plot, then point it out, and I'll change it. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to RP. This started as a suggestion, and theory, and has simply devolved into nothing more than ad homonym attacks, and useless debate. Please do not claim you take other ideas into account because I did not see you once try to see it from my perspective, or try to pick apart the idea, and tell me why it's wrong. All I've gotten from you is that the virus works because reasons, but provided nothing you hadn't said before.
If you find problem with my ideas, then give me a list of what's wrong with them, and I will either take them into account or try to see where you may have misconceived something.
This honestly went on longer than it needed to, and could have been resolved in a better way.
Edit: Posted before I saw the second post. (The page needed to be refreshed)
Honestly, I'm planning on simply making my own RP. I've already had too many flaws about this RP pop up, and it's kind of deluded the potential I saw in it. Who knows though, I've RPd in much worse before.

My question has not gotten an answer yet though. Why is it that my solution to this is not viable? Point to me where the virus being a drug would change anything at all for what you have planned, and what has happened so far.
The answer to this is that it significantly lowers the stakes from what has been accomplished with June cracking her pokeball, and Arrow becoming afflicted. If the virus needs to be injected, then there is no more weight or value in Burble's side plot of June possibly becoming wild and needing to be put down, and completely discarding Arrow's wild fits. Obviously in order for that to happen, Arrow would've needed to be captured and injected which would mean Lin's fighting them for several months has ended in failure as well for her partner to be captured. She'd just been living a lie thinking they have no control over her.

You're essentially taking away the plots for three characters and by changing the virus into an injectable drug.

That's how I see it, anyway.

The answer to this is that it significantly lowers the stakes from what has been accomplished with June cracking her pokeball, and Arrow becoming afflicted. If the virus needs to be injected, then there is no more weight or value in Burble's side plot of June possibly becoming wild and needing to be put down, and completely discarding Arrow's wild fits. Obviously in order for that to happen, Arrow would've needed to be captured and injected which would mean Lin's fighting them for several months has ended in failure as well for her partner to be captured. She'd just been living a lie thinking they have no control over her.

You're essentially taking away the plots for three characters and by changing the virus into an injectable drug.

That's how I see it, anyway.
Honestly, I think this could've been brought up much sooner. While I could still argue my point here, I'm going to choose to refrain. I'm tired of it all, and frankly I don't care anymore. The thread has already shown me how open it is to new ideas.

Honestly, I think this could've been brought up much sooner. While I could still argue my point here, I'm going to choose to refrain. I'm tired of it all, and frankly I don't care anymore. The thread has already shown me how open it is to new ideas.
Have you read the entire story yet? Because I think it was just assumed you were aware of all the facts as much as everyone else here, meaning you knew about the broken Pokeball, and the Ranger's partner, because it would be silly to start an argument demanding change without making sure you have all the facts right? :p

Just refrain from trying to fix problems that aren't really problems preventing fun role playing, and we're all golden.

Have you read the entire story yet? Because I think it was just assumed you were aware of all the facts as much as everyone else here, meaning you knew about the broken Pokeball, and the Ranger's partner, because it would be silly to start an argument demanding change without making sure you have all the facts right? :p

Just refrain from trying to fix problems that aren't really problems preventing fun role playing, and we're all golden.

I was not demanding change. I said multiple times it was up to Astral, but I advocated my point. Like I said, I can still advocate for my point here, but the decision was already made, so I don't really care to continue the argument. I knew about the broken Pokeball, but it did not cross my mind when I was formulating the theory which is why I asked if anyone had any flaws they could point out with it. Had this been done from the beginning, I would have at the very least not had to repeat myself multiple times.
You make it seem as though I had not opened myself up to criticism, or new ideas? Now that the argument's over what use does this post even have other than an attempt at mockery?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I think that's a good opportunity to bring this particular debate to a close, as it's long since stopped being productive. I think it's been thoroughly cleared up as to what the tone and details of this particular part of the role play should be, so I hope we're now all happy with where it's going. :)

I think that's a good opportunity to bring this particular debate to a close, as it's long since stopped being productive. I think it's been thoroughly cleared up as to what the tone and details of this particular part of the role play should be, so I hope we're now all happy with where it's going. :)

Thank you, though i'm not entirely happy, I will not continue this.

Hey all, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get a post up. I have been having the worst case of broken muse I've had in a while. But I am going to try and give it a good try after some sleep. Hopefully something productive and readable will get posted.

So few points for plot. This is not to start another debate just simple info for the writers.

1. Team Rocket Patrols do not officially start till the third day. Patrols will always be five man teams with a tactically well balanced set up. There are outpost on the island already but refer to Lin's post they are heavily fortified.

2. I told Burb this the other day when he asked about June. The virus has three stages. At the third stage it is incurable even if you can get a hold of an empty pokeball.

3. Arrow has never gotten past the second stage and not even deep into it.

Edit if you have specific questions please feel free to ask. Just please no more arguments for now.

*Slowly crawls out of underground bomb shelter.*

I-Is it safe to come out now?
Is it over?

1. Team Rocket Patrols do not officially start till the third day. Patrols will always be five man teams with a tactically well balanced set up. There are outpost on the island already but refer to Lin's post they are heavily fortified.

How many Pokemon will each Team Rocket member have?

I will be nice to the players and make it only 1 Pokemon per TR infantry. Since most of these guys are ex military they do not work with a whole team like trainers do.

I am still trying to figure out how plentiful or not I want guns to be in this world. I am kinda leaning toward rare maybe they have very strict gun laws in most societies or the destructive power of Pokemon just meant the research into them wasn't as heavily pursued.

I mean yea a lot of Pokemon would be bullet proof but the trainers would be easy to pick off with guns. I know Alex was shot in the head but I was also thinking at the time it could have been a very lethal bullet seed.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Guns. Bang bang!

Well, to be fair, not all Pokemon are bulletproof. While Ajax and to a lesser extent Arrow, Achilles and Savior could take a quite a couple shots, frail ones like Lady, June, and Alex would get oblitered by a good hit.

There are no reasons not to carry around a gun though. Especially a handgun or something light. Gunfire will scare off anything, as most loud noises do. Plus, mentions of wars (Lt. Surge) and the fact this takes place in the same universe as Graves in which assault weapons are mentioned, so guns were likely researched at some point or another. Not all of the world has Pokemon, right? So rather than outsource living beings for tools of war, why not use the far more practical gun.

Maybe each group of five has one "Admin" who is the commander of the bunch. They command a stronger Pokemon and possess powerful weapons (Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Flamethrowers etc.) to ward off Pokemon and our hapless characters. So this way they aren't all faceless Jane Doe's.

...That all made sense, right? I feel like it might've not. I get my point across, yeah?

Last edited:
I am still trying to figure out how plentiful or not I want guns to be in this world. I am kinda leaning toward rare maybe they have very strict gun laws in most societies or the destructive power of Pokemon just meant the research into them wasn't as heavily pursued.
I personally dislike the idea of guns in the setting, and truth be told I had convinced myself that there were no guns in the Pokemon world, that there wouldn't be a need for them with Pokemon around as weapons. I've had this discussing with Pen already a while back and I'll go along with whatever gets decided. I won't like it, but I can RP with it or around it if I have to, no problem.

Salem at least has never seen a gun, or heard of what one might be. :p

I will make my decision based on player majority, although I agree with you on the guns personally for the most part Ny.

That is why I can easily see alex being taken out with a bullet seed attack if we vote no guns at all although there is the issue that they do exist in Burb, and Pens cannon and also Jake's backstory.

That is why I can easily see alex being taken out with a bullet seed attack if we vote no guns at all although there is the issue that they do exist in Burb, and Pens cannon and also Jake's backstory.
I guess that covers the issue of gun existing then. The question now is if TR patrols would walk around with them or not. Jake already stated they did so in the hotels when they attacked him at least. I had the guys busting into Salem's room use pokemon and clubs instead because their goal was not to kill but subdue.

You have to decide Astralkitsune, on if it would make sense for the patrols to walk around with guns when they clearly exist and would likely own many. Just for that reason along I'm inclined to say they should have guns, but the flip side is that it would drastically change how encounters will play out. No one should realistically change a team with guns except for Salem perhaps because he doesn't recognize the danger. There's a high change of gunshot wounds being a major concern in the RP then, so there are some aspects to consider.

Yea I would rather not riddle the players with bullets. However it would make no sense for men like that to not be using firearms if they have them available. hmmm

Maybe they're just not supposed to kill the players and the wild pokemon, so they use rubber bullets, have stun guns or tranquilizers, or tasers and such?