• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't worry, I understand your reasoning, I myself have a severe case of ADD and prefer Audiobooks because it takes me forever to read a single page and absorb the information on it. Unfortunately that doesn't change the facts, and trust me when I say that I really wish it did. Would make my life so much easier.

I have ADHD but fortunately I have always been the type to hyperfocus on certain things I enjoy. Thus I used to devour books as a kid going through 6 or so 500+ page fantasy novels a week. I would block out the entire world.

On the other end of the spectrum people have to tell me things multiple times to make sure I understood. Also I can be watching tv or playing a computer game and have someone break my field of vision to go past and still not recognize that they did.

Posted. Hopefully you don't mind June tagging along with Ajax, Ny. If you'd rather not have her follow, I can edit that ending.

Probably not going to hang around much longer tonight, so I'll get to fixing anything in the morning.

Posted. Hopefully you don't mind June tagging along with Ajax, Ny. If you'd rather not have her follow, I can edit that ending.

Probably not going to hang around much longer tonight, so I'll get to fixing anything in the morning.
Well, good news! Only one thing to fix, and it's very minor.
maybe she could get another message from Salem in the process...
You probably meant massage not message. Right?

Anyway, awesome post as always! I love this grumpy, yet trying-to-be-gentlemanly side of Gerald, it's such a pleasure to read. I actually was planning to have Lady stick around and just hunt down and eat the Diglett, but I'm quite glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to see this scene. :D

Diglett 1 - Gerald 0 8)

And no of course I don't mind June sticking with Ajax. The characters should do whatever they feel like doing.
Also, I would just like to say that really liked the comment about Cassie letting Gerald likely kill the little Mole, and June wishing for more stroking and massaging :)

So, now that it isn't midnight, I'mma say some things :D
Anyway, awesome post as always! I love this grumpy, yet trying-to-be-gentlemanly side of Gerald, it's such a pleasure to read. I actually was planning to have Lady stick around and just hunt down and eat the Diglett, but I'm quite glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to see this scene. :D
Well, that's good. Looking back on it, I felt maybe Gerald was a little too grumpy or bipolar, but seems I struck a sweet spot :)
Diglett 1 - Gerald 0 8)

And no of course I don't mind June sticking with Ajax. The characters should do whatever they feel like doing.
Also, I would just like to say that really liked the comment about Cassie letting Gerald likely kill the little Mole, and June wishing for more stroking and massaging :)
More like Diglett 1 - Gerald -1 ;)

Gerald is pretty submissive, but he still has his own thoughts damn it!...But he definitely will do what you tell him. Unless your Team Rocket, in which case he probably won't :p As for June...Well, Salem's a god of massage to her :D

Fitting track for that Diglett too. Sinister is a great name...Swooer of women, arch-nemesis of Gerald...Forever he will plague that poor boy's mind...and if it ends up being Megan's, well...
"We need to talk, Megan."

That diglet should stalk Gerald the entire week just waching him just out of his reach.

Lol
"I always feel like..."

So uh, just posted my starter on the other forum. I'd love to hear what you guys think, good or bad. I'm not entirely sure, but I think my opening is the biggest post of the thread now.

Well it is defiantly long and you do tell a good story. I certainly will not argue with your writing ability or post length. The only few complaints I have is that you took some liberties with Drake without asking but at least not to much It was a good showing of your bond with Ajax very heart warming.

Other points the wild pokemon are going down a little easy but it is backstory so I will overlook it for now but be prepared to up their difficulty please. That virus is very nasty.

You do realize that taking this route Itigus's worst fears will come true. All of his released team are infected. You will have some rare opportunity to increase number but if you have seen it is strictly controlled by me and rare occurrences.

So uh, just posted my starter on the other forum. I'd love to hear what you guys think, good or bad. I'm not entirely sure, but I think my opening is the biggest post of the thread now.
My, my, I am very pleased indeed. :D

You managed to type something up that would've fit comfortably in my other roleplay, Grave of the Forgotten, with this length and thought put into the technicalities of Itigus' survival. I'm actually very impressed. The major problems have been addressed by Astral really, and I'm finding it a bit uncomfortable that you decided to have Itigus join Floyd's group (which is really filling up with player characters) as opposed to Knox and Jasper. But most of my concerns lie more in technical, minor issues since I'm a stickler for them, and because it really appeals visually which can determine whether or not the post is really worth a read from a glance.

Firstly, please remove that OOC message you left prior to the spoiler that contains your post. It looks very... Cheap. Such messages and quips belong here, separate from the roleplay post. Also I'd recommend you to remove the spoiler and just have it be a normal, lengthy post because it's a shame to hide it like that.

And then, there are things such as this.
So that's their game... Team Rocket huh? I've definitely heard of them before. Itigus found himself angered that he wasn't able to figure out their goal.
I understand that you're trying to express his thoughts, but you're not differentiating it from the normal narrative and it's a bit bothersome, because it drags on your overall quality. Here, we express thoughts in italic, coupled with these little babies; '
Thus, you might want to change it to something like this:

'So that's their game... Team Rocket huh? I've definitely heard of them before.' Itigus found himself angered that he wasn't able to figure out their goal.

And then, there is also the strange title within the narrative where you blatantly put in 'Itigus' Nightmare' which I find very distasteful. It doesn't need to be there, because the transition seems smooth enough, and that little title really chopped the flow in half.

Finally, we have the spacing problem. I'm actually having a hard time getting through your post after you decided to use single spacing. It looks like one, big, messy blob and I just can't bring myself to really read it. Plus, it's very inconsistent with the beginning of your post and makes it look overall sloppy.

Now, despite the length of your post, I'm still left wondering, and this thought has continually bothered me through the length of the post; what is it that Itigus does exactly? What's his job? Aside from being a trainer, of course. You mentioned him being a champion before in the discussion, but then what's he doing sticking his nose in some suspicious crime activity such as this? Especially since you mentioned that that had been his original motive for coming to Jinko in the first place. He seemed a lot more like a private investigator to me because of his experience with taking out the security cameras and avoiding capture, and also because you mentioned specifically that his pokemon had been trained to do such work as well (perhaps he could replace Akira Shade. Funnily enough, his pokemon was also a Mightyena), but I can't be very sure either.

Either way, it was very solid, and I commend you in taking the time and patience to detail everything from A to Z. It's just that little thought I have, if you don't mind answering.

Also, welcome to the Dark Tournament. ^^

Well it is defiantly long and you do tell a good story. I certainly will not argue with your writing ability or post length. The only few complaints I have is that you took some liberties with Drake without asking but at least not to much It was a good showing of your bond with Ajax very heart warming.

Other points the wild pokemon are going down a little easy but it is backstory so I will overlook it for now but be prepared to up their difficulty please. That virus is very nasty.

You do realize that taking this route Itigus's worst fears will come true. All of his released team are infected. You will have some rare opportunity to increase number but if you have seen it is strictly controlled by me and rare occurrences.

As for the first one, I only took liberties because it fit the story. Itigus had no real impact on the character, and it also served to establish Itigus's power as a character. At the same time, it also served to show his limits. I apologize for not asking in advance, but I figured I could always omit it if you found it truly distasteful.
As for the wild Pokemon, I didn't want to leave Itigus/Ajax completely incapacitated on the first day, but I did have the Garchomp as a conflict. It was implied that Ajax, and the Garchomp had been fighting on their own, and served the purpose to let Itigus know he couldn't go off alone. I also wanted to leave the truly terrible conflicts to your discretion as you seemed to act as the GM of the thread. Keep in mind, we are only on the second day, so anything can still happen.
I do realize that his team is infected, which is why I delayed his finding of his team. I even put foreshadowing by using Incursio's web.

My, my, I am very pleased indeed. :D

You managed to type something up that would've fit comfortably in my other roleplay, Grave of the Forgotten, with this length and thought put into the technicalities of Itigus' survival. I'm actually very impressed. The major problems have been addressed by Astral really, and I'm finding it a bit uncomfortable that you decided to have Itigus join Floyd's group (which is really filling up with player characters) as opposed to Knox and Jasper. But most of my concerns lie more in technical, minor issues since I'm a stickler for them, and because it really appeals visually which can determine whether or not the post is really worth a read from a glance.

Firstly, please remove that OOC message you left prior to the spoiler that contains your post. It looks very... Cheap. Such messages and quips belong here, separate from the roleplay post. Also I'd recommend you to remove the spoiler and just have it be a normal, lengthy post because it's a shame to hide it like that.

And then, there are things such as this.

I understand that you're trying to express his thoughts, but you're not differentiating it from the normal narrative and it's a bit bothersome, because it drags on your overall quality. Here, we express thoughts in italic, coupled with these little babies; '
Thus, you might want to change it to something like this:

'So that's their game... Team Rocket huh? I've definitely heard of them before.' Itigus found himself angered that he wasn't able to figure out their goal.

And then, there is also the strange title within the narrative where you blatantly put in 'Itigus' Nightmare' which I find very distasteful. It doesn't need to be there, because the transition seems smooth enough, and that little title really chopped the flow in half.

Finally, we have the spacing problem. I'm actually having a hard time getting through your post after you decided to use single spacing. It looks like one, big, messy blob and I just can't bring myself to really read it. Plus, it's very inconsistent with the beginning of your post and makes it look overall sloppy.

Now, despite the length of your post, I'm still left wondering, and this thought has continually bothered me through the length of the post; what is it that Itigus does exactly? What's his job? Aside from being a trainer, of course. You mentioned him being a champion before in the discussion, but then what's he doing sticking his nose in some suspicious crime activity such as this? Especially since you mentioned that that had been his original motive for coming to Jinko in the first place. He seemed a lot more like a private investigator to me because of his experience with taking out the security cameras and avoiding capture, and also because you mentioned specifically that his pokemon had been trained to do such work as well (perhaps he could replace Akira Shade. Funnily enough, his pokemon was also a Mightyena), but I can't be very sure either.

Either way, it was very solid, and I commend you in taking the time and patience to detail everything from A to Z. It's just that little thought I have, if you don't mind answering.

Also, welcome to the Dark Tournament. ^^

I apologize for the disorganized nature, and extra things. I suppose you could call this a sort of rough draft in a sense because I didn't actually reread it all when I was done. I'll go ahead, and fix all of the errors you listed, I just wanted to be courteous with the spoiler.
As for the thoughts, I use italics as they are used in books. Either to emphasize a word, or to express a thought of the character. However, considering the nature of the RP I will change this as well.
To answer your questions, Itigus is a champion of the Fortis region. I was planning to develop his story more because a little mystery provides a better story. Without going into specifics, and sticking to what was already stated, Itigus's pokemon league challenge was not like others. Sure, you get gym badges, and there are eight gyms, but the gym leaders do not hold back. You must defeat them, and you must beat their best Pokemon. Through this, Itigus has always had to face an opponent who was much more powerful than him, and has had to learn how to analyze the battle field at a moment's notice. The Fortis Region also has hyperinflated prices on all items, and requires trainers to pay every time they heal at a Pokemon Center. Once they get a single gym badge Pokemon Centers are free. In a way this is also a tactic to get trainers to become impatient.
The reason Itigus knows so much about surveillance, and avoiding capture because he's had to resort to stealing numerous times in order to survive the challenge. At the same time, he also went against the criminal organization that controlled the region. He knows what it's like to have to hide, and sneak around.
When Itigus became Champion, he asked that his identity remained anonymous because he knew that being the champion only further opened him up to danger. As a nameless champion, he began to take down bases owned by the crime syndicate. In the progress of doing this, he got a tip about suspicious activity on Jinko, and thought it might be related to his region's criminal organization.
Itigus has no real love for the law though, he simply has a vendetta against organized crime, and corrupt government.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, Itigus hasn't joined up with any group so far, and is merely watching from his hiding place. If you want, I could have Itigus leave, and find your group instead. It would fit his character after all, considering he doesn't like people, and dislikes large groups even more.
Edit 2: How do I do Double Spacing for the lines on this website? (I'm new here)

Last edited:
Sure, you get gym badges, and there are eight gyms, but the gym leaders do not hold back. You must defeat them, and you must beat their best Pokemon.
Isn't this what all gyms are normally like? I don't think gym leaders in any region hold back, but perhaps they are using easier Pokemon to battle with in their gyms, but if they did, anyone could just make it to the League. Unless they're like... Extremely retarded.

When Itigus became Champion, he asked that his identity remained anonymous because he knew that being the champion only further opened him up to danger. As a nameless champion, he began to take down bases owned by the crime syndicate.
This sounds... Very extraordinary for someone to accomplish on their own. Granted, it's been done countless times in the game, but in more realistic situations, once you battle a guard, the rest wouldn't just be standing around, they'd be all on you at once. I don't know, I just think this is pushing it a little too far for me. It's cool that you're making up your own region though. Fortis being overrun by crimes like that is an interesting contrast, it's just that Itigus probably shouldn't be made into a super hero vigilante in his efforts of trying to make his region a better place. It would actually make much more sense for him to join the police as an investigator (or start his own independent police group depending on how corrupted the region police are). It's not unheard o for a champion to also have another profession on the side, like Diantha for instance.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, Itigus hasn't joined up with any group so far, and is merely watching from his hiding place. If you want, I could have Itigus leave, and find your group instead. It would fit his character after all, considering he doesn't like people, and dislikes large groups even more.
You're free to come join us in Salem's group of course. But you should be aware that both groups have about the same amount of people (7, counting NPCs), and that Floyd's group and Salem's are quite some ways apart. So if you'd prefer an even smaller group, I'd still recommend Knox and Jasper. They currently only have, what, three people? Albeit three very smart-mouthed, sarcastic, and talkative people.

Edit 2: How do I do Double Spacing for the lines on this website? (I'm new here)
Just press enter twice. :p

Isn't this what all gyms are normally like? I don't think gym leaders in any region hold back, but perhaps they are using easier Pokemon to battle with in their gyms, but if they did, anyone could just make it to the League. Unless they're like... Extremely retarded.

This sounds... Very extraordinary for someone to accomplish on their own. Granted, it's been done countless times in the game, but in more realistic situations, once you battle a guard, the rest wouldn't just be standing around, they'd be all on you at once. I don't know, I just think this is pushing it a little too far for me. It's cool that you're making up your own region though. Fortis being overrun by crimes like that is an interesting contrast, it's just that Itigus probably shouldn't be made into a super hero vigilante in his efforts of trying to make his region a better place. It would actually make much more sense for him to join the police as an investigator (or start his own independent police group depending on how corrupted the region police are). It's not unheard o for a champion to also have another profession on the side, like Diantha for instance.

You're free to come join us in Salem's group of course. But you should be aware that both groups have about the same amount of people (7, counting NPCs), and that Floyd's group and Salem's are quite some ways apart. So if you'd prefer an even smaller group, I'd still recommend Knox and Jasper. They currently only have, what, three people? Albeit three very smart-mouthed, sarcastic, and talkative people.

Just press enter twice. :p

Well what I meant by them not holding back is that the gym leaders are not there to test trainers, they are there to stop them, and break them. At the same time, they do not use weakened Pokemon depending on how many badges the trainer has. In order to get to Fortis, one either needs to have been born there, or invited after winning a Pokemon League.

Itigus did not accomplish everything on his own, but nearly every person who has helped him along the way... Well let's just say there's more than one reason Itigus doesn't like to be around other people.
At the same time, Itigus is also not bound by game rules either. In every battle, barring official matches, he is able to use any number of Pokemon during a battle. His philosophy is that if his opponent is going to fight dirty, then he's gonna be dirtier. It was mentioned earlier that Incursio was a specialist in raids. A Focus Sash giant spider that can set up electric webs, and drain electricity in an instant is a hell of a problem to an underground base with narrow hallways isn't it? He is by no means a hero either. What he does is for his own motives, and his own vendettas against them. Over time he's looked at people as tools to a goal, and his Pokemon as his only real friends. He has had many close calls, and has only narrowly survived on numerous occasions. Heck, he didn't even beat all the gym leaders fairly.

Other than being a champion, his free time is spent either training, attacking criminal organizations, or researching Pokemon. He has a high passion, and love for Pokemon, and memorizes a lot of Pokedex entries while creating his own hypothesis.

As for groups, what Itigus prefers, and what Itigus ends up with are two different things. Even if he is found by a group, he might still try to go off alone. If he's desperate, he might even steal, or kill the other people. However, conflict is something he will avoid at all costs in this situation. He knows full well that picking fights is a quick way to get injured, run out of energy, and die.
He would probably end up joining the group that he thinks will benefit him the most. Like I said before, he thinks of people as tools to a goal at this point. Someone could probably change that perception, but who knows? They'd have to get inside Itigus's heart first, and he's built quite the impressive wall around it.

Over time he's looked at people as tools to a goal, and his Pokemon as his only real friends.
He would probably end up joining the group that he thinks will benefit him the most. Like I said before, he thinks of people as tools to a goal at this point. Someone could probably change that perception, but who knows? They'd have to get inside Itigus's heart first, and he's built quite the impressive wall around it.
Wow, he and Cassandra are two peas in a pod. :p
They would definitely have an understanding.

I actually really like that Itigus actually cheated his way to the top like that, granted in a dog eat dog world, the baddest dog gets all the bones, and this is something new to add to the roleplay. He's got flaws on him for sure, allowing himself to be controlled by his vendettas like that, but hey what do you expect from someone who's main pokemon is a dark type, right? I was a bit concerned he might be a do-gooder champion who sticks his nose into other people before, and then becoming worried he's a super edgy Mary Sue later on, but now that you've explained things some more (what really hit home for me was his fighting dirty trait. Cheating and deceiving) he could really develop into a strong character. Especially once he realizes he's lost everything. :D

I can't wait to interact with him.

Last edited:
Wow, he and Cassandra are two peas in a pod. :p
They would definitely have an understanding.

I actually really like that Itigus actually cheated his way to the top like that, granted in a dog eat dog world, the baddest dog gets all the bones, and this is something new to add to the roleplay. He's got flaws on him for sure, allowing himself to be controlled by his vendettas like that, but hey what do you expect from someone who's main pokemon is a dark type, right? I was a bit concerned he might be a do-gooder champion who sticks his nose into other people before, and then becoming worried he's a super edgy Mary Sue later on, but now that you've explained things some more (what really hit home for me was his fighting dirty trait. Cheating and deceiving) he could really develop into a strong character. Especially once he realizes he's lost everything. :D

I can't wait to interact with him.

Although, one more question; how tall is Itigus?

Oh yeah, I try very hard to keep Itigus from being super edgelord gary stu always in the rightington of kiritoland. In other words, I show his softer side towards Pokemon to prevent him from being a total downer all the time. I write in situations in which he's made all this careful planning, and yet still makes an oversight. I always try to remember that Itigus is a human, and if I want him to have a trait that doesn't fit his character, I should make a new character. Through all of his cunning, calm demeanor, keen instincts, and experience, he is still just a human. He can make oversights, he can panic, his instincts can be wrong, and his experience can only help him with what he's seen before. It is incredibly hard to remember that XD.
As for when he realizes he's lost everything... It's gonna be super hard to keep him from becoming an edgy bitch. I think the dynamic between Ajax, and Itigus is incredibly useful in preventing that, but still allowing him to be sad. It's a lot easier to carry a burden when someone else is sharing it with you.

I do recommend reading shitty stories by the way, because it's a good way of seeing what not to do, and what to avoid.

Oh yeah, I try very hard to keep Itigus from being super edgelord gary stu always in the rightington of kiritoland. In other words, I show his softer side towards Pokemon to prevent him from being a total downer all the time. I write in situations in which he's made all this careful planning, and yet still makes an oversight. I always try to remember that Itigus is a human, and if I want him to have a trait that doesn't fit his character, I should make a new character. Through all of his cunning, calm demeanor, keen instincts, and experience, he is still just a human. He can make oversights, he can panic, his instincts can be wrong, and his experience can only help him with what he's seen before. It is incredibly hard to remember that XD.
As for when he realizes he's lost everything... It's gonna be super hard to keep him from becoming an edgy bitch. I think the dynamic between Ajax, and Itigus is incredibly useful in preventing that, but still allowing him to be sad. It's a lot easier to carry a burden when someone else is sharing it with you.

I do recommend reading shitty stories by the way, because it's a good way of seeing what not to do, and what to avoid.
Haha, very well put. I can't wait to see more of him then.

Anyway, you never quite described Itigus' physical appearance aside from his hair style and color, skin tone, and eye color (which was covered by your profile picture), because these things are key for when he reveals himself to others. How tall is he? What's his physical build? (scrawny, muscular, lean, etc) Does he have any scars or marks on him that would be noticeable and significant? Also, how old is he?

Haha, very well put. I can't wait to see more of him then.

Anyway, you never quite described Itigus' physical appearance aside from his hair style and color, skin tone, and eye color (which was covered by your profile picture), because these things are key for when he reveals himself to others. How tall is he? What's his physical build? (scrawny, muscular, lean, etc) Does he have any scars or marks on him that would be noticeable and significant? Also, how old is he?

Hmmmm, I suppose that is something I should state in the RP soon. I was planning to have him to bathe soon in some sort of waterfall or something. As weird as that sounds, I find it's really the only time I can properly describe Itigus's body.
To answer your question though, he is 6'0'' 170lbs. As for what his build is, I did mention it in my starter. To reiterate, he possesses a lean muscular body. One which he attained through a lot of calisthenics, and body weight lifts. He's in peak physical condition, as anything less would have probably resulted in his death along his journey. As for scars, he does have a bite mark on his left forearm from Tenebris back when he was trying to catch it as a Growlithe. (Fuck, I should've mentioned that... ohoho I've got a few ideas right now.) Itigus is 18 at the moment by the way.

As for what his build is, I did mention it in my starter. To reiterate, he possesses a lean muscular body. One which he attained through a lot of calisthenics, and body weight lifts. He's in peak physical condition, as anything less would have probably resulted in his death along his journey. As for scars, he does have a bite mark on his left forearm from Tenebris back when he was trying to catch it as a Growlithe.
I was planning to have him to bathe soon in some sort of waterfall or something.
My, how sexy. Anyone would be lucky to catch a glimpse of that. Especially hungry, rabid Pokemon. ;)

Also, 18 is a good age for a Champion, by the way. He's not that young but still young enough. I suppose Floyd still has the title of the baby in the group! For a player character that is. :p

Last edited:
It took me two hours to skim through all of the posts I missed during holidays, then Like them all. Especially Dreiki's introduction post, I must applaud you for writing up such a captivating wall of text, you've done an amazing job of telling me all about the events that transpired before Itigus caught up with the present. Anyway I'm back, for another school term (About 11 Weeks). I oughtta step up my game, you all seem to be out-doing me by a mile! Also, Nygenn and Penthe, is that Gijinka RP still open for submissions? If so I'd like to join up.

Last edited:
It took me two hours to skim through all of the posts I missed during holidays, then Like them all. Especially Dreiki's introduction post, I must applaud you for writing up such a captivating wall of text, you've done an amazing job of telling me all about the events that transpired before Itigus caught up with the present. Anyway I'm back, for another school term (About 11 Weeks). I oughtta step up my game, you wall seem to be out-doing me by a mile! Also, Nygenn and Penthe, is that Gijinka RP still open for submissions? If so I'd like to join up.
Technically I've closed submissions already, but, I did say we'd be willing to make exceptions for writers whose skill has been guaranteed. So, yeah, we would love to have you on board! Just write us up a fun character to incorporate into Suimera, and you can start right away. :)

My, how sexy. Anyone would be lucky to catch a glimpse of that. Especially hungry, rabid Pokemon. ;)
Or thirsty Megans and Geralds
Nah, he and Megan are more likely. Probably. If she keeps up this whole "Don't kill cute Pokemon" thing, Gerald might take some problems with that...

Ahem.

Concerning my post, Pen and Ny, feel free to have June nod or yip at any questions concerning Arrow or the message. Also feel free to take her back to camp if you wish, I don't really mind.

Speaking of Ny, I love Salem last thought concerning the fact of how eventful the morning had been. Though I feel it may quicken soon after lunch, unless something like a giant wild Pokemon who was unsatisfied with a certain headless Nidoquen or a Rocket patrol forces a split in the group. Anything could happen~

Edit: I forgot the important thing :p

The reason June ate the wood, if you don't know (It is kind of obscure...) The basic form of Delphox is a little fox called Fennekin. According to the Pokedex, Fennekin enjoys eating sticks and other wood in as a energy providing snack. Granted, they aren't burnt, but wood probably doesn't taste good with her developed taste-buds.

By the by, here's the Bulbapedia page on the other form on Delphox's line, and what June is in Festival and Graves. A Braixen.

Last edited:
Haha, awww Burble June is so precious! :D

I just want to snuggle with that prideful little ball of fur. Also, I like that you made it so that she notices this connection between Cassie and Salem, and I thank you so much for referencing the trial and some of the stuff revealed in Graves. Ah, I could just hug you too.

Oh, I also should mention that Cassie has some pretty obvious, and fresh cuts on her cheek where Lady got her. I almost forgot about it myself, so, it's fine if June didn't notice it. :p

So uh, as I was writing my post, I ran into a few flaws with the virus. Just from what I know offhand of diseases, and things of that nature, it would be impossible that there was a virus on the island at all. When I had Itigus pondering the subject I began to uncover more and more flaws.
1. If it was airborne than all other Pokemon, trainer or not, would be effected. This means that no one would have the single Pokemon with them, out breathing the air and not be afflicted.
2. One couldn't argue that Team Rocket gave all trainer Pokemon vaccines the night they were all captured as vaccines take a week or two to build immunity.
3. There is no single virus that can effect every species. The island is said to have a wide array of different Pokemon inhabiting it, some which we could assume don't share egg groups with each other. Biologically, antibodies, and immune systems would be too different for each different species of Pokemon to be infected by a single virus. At the same time, if this was possible then humans too would be infected.
4. The virus must be the ancestor of a previous virus. In order to create a new virus, one must take the RNA/DNA from existing viruses and splice them. That, or continually kill off, and selectively breed the virus for desired traits as one would with any other organism. This means it would be related to the rabies virus which is the only one that causes aggression in infected victims. At the same time, adrenaline is the only known natural chemical within the body that increases strength. However, the reason rabies causes aggression is because of severe hypersensitivity to senses, and painful stimulation throughout the body. Adrenaline numbs pain, and prolonged exposure would conflict with this hyper aggression as there is no pain to cause agitation. This is also assuming that scientists managed to make rabies into an airborne virus by the way.
5. Producing such a virus would take a massive amount of time, research, and money. Even holding the entire region of Kanto would probably not pay for the salary of each elite guard, and scientist as well as the resources used in this experiment.
6. Team Rocket has no reason to let the trainers go after a week. They would already know too much as it is. Sure, one could argue that this is to test the effectiveness of the virus, and that they would simply kill the trainers anyway, but could they not have done that with normal random people? Why would they need to gather well respected, and famous trainers from all the regions?

I have a few more examples, but for now I'll leave it at that, and present the theory I formulated in my post.
What if the virus was a red herring?
What if instead of the virus being a virus it is actually a drug or chemical administered through shots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone's characters see a wild Pokemon before the events of the first day of survival? In order to 'infect' every Pokemon, Team Rocket would have needed to capture every single Pokemon on the island, or at least most of them, and administered shots with the proper dosage. This could explain why no one sees a Wild Pokemon until the day of, because they were not released from captivity yet. (And even if a trainer did see a wild Pokemon it could be argued that it was perhaps one they did not capture that was later killed by the drugged Pokemon.) At the same time, the drugs would not be able to be administered through the air as, once again, trainer Pokemon, and people would also be effected. chemicals would seep into the soil, and water, and would never leave the environment. Not to mention, an airborne chemical would not last as long as a shot administered drug.
What if, perhaps, Team Rocket is planning to let them go, not out of charity, but to spread fear. Trainers would naturally attempt to warn the region, and therefore spread false information unknowingly. In order to take down a country it is most effective to cause chaos, and doubt among the people. Those who did think it was an airborne disease would be burning their own societies to the ground, and eating each other alive for the very idea that someone else's Pokemon might be infected. Creating a new steroid is also somewhat easier than the virus described in the thread. Chemicals are able to effect all organisms given the correct dosage. This also explains why they are let go after a week as chemicals tend to be washed out of the system, and need to be administered again to keep the same effect. The aggressive, and stronger Pokemon would also make sense as a drug like steroids has similar effects to its user.

I have a bit more to say, but I suppose I'll leave it here because I'm tired, and I will now only be getting about 5 hours of sleep today. Tell me what you guys think about my theory, and see if it's alright to incorporate it into the RP. If you've got any flaws in my theory point it out. There might have been something I forgot to mention, or something I overlooked.

Ok so on a purely scientific level I have had college microbiology and I am aware how viruses work.

Now this is a fictional game in a fantasy setting so there needs to be some suspension of disbelief here. The virus was made from another virus thus the fictional red stripe virus mentioned. Despite different egg groups all pokemon must have something in there DNA in common that humans do not posses. As all pokemon can be captured and stored in computers in a digital format. With this level of clearly science fiction an airborne virus that affects all pokemon species is not that far fetched in the long run. Yes all pokemon are infected with the virus including yours, however there is a sci-fi mechanic involving the pokemon capture tagging system that is in play that keeps symptoms from manifesting.

Team rocket had enough money to genetically engineer from the ground up a pokemon from the DNA of a legendary. That amount would be incalculable so I think this endeavor would be believable beside that in finance.

As for the overall plot well lets just say I might have something else up my sleeve lurking in the shadows.>:D

As for whether they intend to let the trainers go or not at the end of a week. Well you can ponder that much among yourselves ICLY.

So uh, as I was writing my post, I ran into a few flaws with the virus. Just from what I know offhand of diseases, and things of that nature, it would be impossible that there was a virus on the island at all. When I had Itigus pondering the subject I began to uncover more and more flaws.
1. If it was airborne than all other Pokemon, trainer or not, would be effected. This means that no one would have the single Pokemon with them, out breathing the air and not be afflicted.
2. One couldn't argue that Team Rocket gave all trainer Pokemon vaccines the night they were all captured as vaccines take a week or two to build immunity.
3. There is no single virus that can effect every species. The island is said to have a wide array of different Pokemon inhabiting it, some which we could assume don't share egg groups with each other. Biologically, antibodies, and immune systems would be too different for each different species of Pokemon to be infected by a single virus. At the same time, if this was possible then humans too would be infected.
4. The virus must be the ancestor of a previous virus. In order to create a new virus, one must take the RNA/DNA from existing viruses and splice them. That, or continually kill off, and selectively breed the virus for desired traits as one would with any other organism. This means it would be related to the rabies virus which is the only one that causes aggression in infected victims. At the same time, adrenaline is the only known natural chemical within the body that increases strength. However, the reason rabies causes aggression is because of severe hypersensitivity to senses, and painful stimulation throughout the body. Adrenaline numbs pain, and prolonged exposure would conflict with this hyper aggression as there is no pain to cause agitation. This is also assuming that scientists managed to make rabies into an airborne virus by the way.
5. Producing such a virus would take a massive amount of time, research, and money. Even holding the entire region of Kanto would probably not pay for the salary of each elite guard, and scientist as well as the resources used in this experiment.
6. Team Rocket has no reason to let the trainers go after a week. They would already know too much as it is. Sure, one could argue that this is to test the effectiveness of the virus, and that they would simply kill the trainers anyway, but could they not have done that with normal random people? Why would they need to gather well respected, and famous trainers from all the regions?

I have a few more examples, but for now I'll leave it at that, and present the theory I formulated in my post.
What if the virus was a red herring?
What if instead of the virus being a virus it is actually a drug or chemical administered through shots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone's characters see a wild Pokemon before the events of the first day of survival? In order to 'infect' every Pokemon, Team Rocket would have needed to capture every single Pokemon on the island, or at least most of them, and administered shots with the proper dosage. This could explain why no one sees a Wild Pokemon until the day of, because they were not released from captivity yet. (And even if a trainer did see a wild Pokemon it could be argued that it was perhaps one they did not capture that was later killed by the drugged Pokemon.) At the same time, the drugs would not be able to be administered through the air as, once again, trainer Pokemon, and people would also be effected. chemicals would seep into the soil, and water, and would never leave the environment. Not to mention, an airborne chemical would not last as long as a shot administered drug.
What if, perhaps, Team Rocket is planning to let them go, not out of charity, but to spread fear. Trainers would naturally attempt to warn the region, and therefore spread false information unknowingly. In order to take down a country it is most effective to cause chaos, and doubt among the people. Those who did think it was an airborne disease would be burning their own societies to the ground, and eating each other alive for the very idea that someone else's Pokemon might be infected. Creating a new steroid is also somewhat easier than the virus described in the thread. Chemicals are able to effect all organisms given the correct dosage. This also explains why they are let go after a week as chemicals tend to be washed out of the system, and need to be administered again to keep the same effect. The aggressive, and stronger Pokemon would also make sense as a drug like steroids has similar effects to its user.

I have a bit more to say, but I suppose I'll leave it here because I'm tired, and I will now only be getting about 5 hours of sleep today. Tell me what you guys think about my theory, and see if it's alright to incorporate it into the RP. If you've got any flaws in my theory point it out. There might have been something I forgot to mention, or something I overlooked.
I'm not sure how to answer most of your questionsite about the virus, but I can say for number 2, that it had something to do with the chips implanted in the trainer's pokemon. The same ones that restrict them to only four moves.

And as for number 6, I've actually had Cassie cover that shortly after she encounters Gerald and Lin in the earlier entries. I can't remember what I wrote, but I did recall she managed to create a hypothesis and conclusions to Team Rocket's intentions. You might want to dig that up.

As for the rest, I think Astral answered just fine.

Oh, and I dug up my entry for you concerning question 6.
“Team Rocket created a virus.” She started, but her eyes were occupied with their surroundings. Keeping her voice low enough to not attract any unwanted attention. “It corrupts Pokemon. Mutating them and turning them into… Something else. I don’t know how long it takes for it to take effect, or if our own Pokemon will become afflicted…” Perhaps that was also why she preferred Lady in her pokeball. “Team Rocket tricked us into coming here with a tournament. Now they’re using us to see how well the afflicted Pokemon functioned against humans, before ultimately releasing them to wreak havoc into the nearby coast town. Which is stupid. They already have a widespread political influence to get whatever they want. Releasing wild, untamable killing machines into a town would just drop whatever coveted support they had for their organization, be it even for military reasons.” Her voice instead fell into a mumble, and then a whisper. And then she forgot to speak altogether.

She was instead lost in her own thoughts.

How are they even planning collect all the vicious Pokemon on this island and transport them there without losing their own members? Or… Perhaps they’re trying to get good press and change their image among the people? Letting loose deranged, dangerous wild Pokemon to wreak havoc and then dispatch a Rocket group to be the hero neutralize them with a fail-safe that reverses the virus’ affects. They must have the countermeasure then. But then why choose to use high profile guinea pigs whose testimonies would undoubtedly be believed? Can’t be anything but bad press. Maybe that doctor was just operating on his own delusional terms. Or Rocket’s planning on throwing him under the bus as soon as this is all over. Or…

Oh.

Ohh.

Cassie knew where this was going, and it confirmed her original thoughts. She’d witnessed how they operated and knew it well enough to see where this was all going.

We’ve been put here to die. Where the high profile trainers were, they’ll send these afflicted beasts and have them wreck up their homes, and blame them for their deaths. And then Team Rocket will be revered as the hero who stopped the deadly Pokemon plague. Between the wild Pokemon, lack of items, Pokemon Centers, the military scouts, and possessing only one trained Pokemon… We were set up to die. If not by the afflicted Pokemon, then the military scouts. We were never meant to survive the seven days.’ Cassie watched the sky above and strained to see how many stars there were in the sky through the jungle’s thick canopy.

A poke on her arm, and her eyes instead found their way to Lin, who peered at her curiously from over her shoulder. Right. She probably never finished her explanation. And so she said softly,

“We’re all just Ratatta. Caged in with an Arbok. Waiting for it to eventually seal our fate.”

There was a good chance that those seven days, if not less than, would be their last.

Why was that a normal thing now?

Last edited:
Ok so on a purely scientific level I have had college microbiology and I am aware how viruses work.

Now this is a fictional game in a fantasy setting so there needs to be some suspension of disbelief here. The virus was made from another virus thus the fictional red stripe virus mentioned. Despite different egg groups all pokemon must have something in there DNA in common that humans do not posses. As all pokemon can be captured and stored in computers in a digital format. With this level of clearly science fiction an airborne virus that affects all pokemon species is not that far fetched in the long run. Yes all pokemon are infected with the virus including yours, however there is a sci-fi mechanic involving the pokemon capture tagging system that is in play that keeps symptoms from manifesting.

Team rocket had enough money to genetically engineer from the ground up a pokemon from the DNA of a legendary. That amount would be incalculable so I think this endeavor would be believable beside that in finance.

As for the overall plot well lets just say I might have something else up my sleeve lurking in the shadows.>:D

As for whether they intend to let the trainers go or not at the end of a week. Well you can ponder that much among yourselves ICLY.

Hmmmm I think there's a bit too much magic involved in this for me to suspend my disbelief here. If Pokeballs cured the disease, or prevented it, then that would A. not make sense in terms of a virus still, and B. be easy to deal with if it's used in a city with access to pokeballs.
This is also assuming that Team Rocket magically managed to create a virus that effects every single species of Pokemon, but grants immunity to humans. The chance that a DNA strand in humans is not shared by at least one Pokemon is astronomical.
If you're going to argue Mewtwo, then I would say that the RP thread here is more based in reality is it not? Sure in a show made for kids, genetically cloning a Mew from a single strand of DNA sounds reasonable, but in a more realistic setting it's bullshit.
Not to mention, it's entirely possible that humans can can also be stored in computers in this world. (Remember Bill from the first game?) humans simply don't use it on themselves, or at least not in the storage sense, because they do use it to teleport.
I would suspend my disbelief in any other Pokemon setting because it's made for kids. It's not supposed to pander to an audience of people who actually know a few things about cloning, and other sciences.
However, in this established setting of realism, and scientific basis, it simply does not work.

I'm not sure how to answer most of your questionsite about the virus, but I can say for number 2, that it had something to do with the chips implanted in the trainer's pokemon. The same ones that restrict them to only four moves.

And as for number 6, I've actually had Cassie cover that shortly after she encounters Gerald and Lin in the earlier entries. I can't remember what I wrote, but I did recall she managed to create a hypothesis and conclusions to Team Rocket's intentions. You might want to dig that up.

As for the rest, I think Astral answered just fine.

Oh, and I dug up my entry for you concerning question 6.
assuming that the microchips have an antivirus in them, why would they do that for the trainers? If their goal is to wreak havoc on societies with the virus, then they could simply infect the trainer's Pokemon as well. If they were experimenting on the accuracy of the virus then they'd simply need to infect every Pokemon like they would in Cerulean City.
Not to mention, do you really think Kanto would trust Team Rocket, and revere them as heroes? You think no one would be suspicious that this random incurable virus came out, and Team Rocket was selling the cure? No one would be suspicious of that?
Let's assume that they are revered as heroes for curing the virus though. So what? Is Kanto just going to hand them the keys to the government and let them take over?
They can't really be doing it from a money point of view because they would not be turning profit.
Mewtwo made sense because it could be used as a hostile takeover of the region. It was the ultimate Pokemon that could easily decimate all of its competitors, and cause massive cataclysmic weather storms. Not to mention, the research from Mewtwo would help Team Rocket create more clones down the line.
If trainers were set up to die in the first place, then why would they even allow them to have a single Pokemon with them? Why would they even take the slightest chance that someone might survive? Why wouldn't they just set out a bunch of these trainers, or heck, normal random people they found off the streets. Why would they need such highly respected, and famous trainers from all regions? They aim to attack Kanto, so why would they care about people from other regions? Sure, you could say that they plan to take over the world, but then we run into the exact same problems as before. Not to mention, a vaccine would probably easily be created by the time they tried to take another region.

If Pokeballs cured the disease, or prevented it, then that would A. not make sense in terms of a virus still, and B. be easy to deal with if it's used in a city with access to pokeballs.

Well, this RP isn't exactly set in a city with access to Pokeballs, even if it were though, Pokeballs don't cure the disease, they prevent it. Wild Pokemon are infected with the airborne virus and become rabid. The virus does some freaky voodoo shit and suddenly, the Pokemon can't be captured using regular Pokeballs.

So I've concluded that the Pokeball kind of functions as a fallout shelter, if a Pokemon is already captured using the device, then the virus doesn't affect them. Pokemon that have already been exposed to the virus, without being captured by a Pokeball, get infected, and they can't enter Pokeballs anymore. A fallout shelter doesn't do any good if you're already irradiated with nuclear energy, right?

However, in this established setting of realism, and scientific basis, it simply does not work.

No offense towards you, but I think you're kinda making this RP out to be a little more realistic than it's meant to be.
Sure, it's definitely more realistic than the anime or the games, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everything is gonna have a proper, scientific explanation. I just turn a blind eye to it all, I'm not saying you should do that though. Like I said, I don't mean to offend you in any way, and I'm incredibly sorry if I do.

To me, it's magic with the word SCIENCE in gigantic rainbow bold letters plastered on top of it to make it look authentic, no more, no less.

But hey, I'm only 13. I don't have nearly as much knowledge on this subject as you seem to. The explanation of all your questions is up to the creator, Astral.

Well, this RP isn't exactly set in a city with access to Pokeballs, even if it were though, Pokeballs don't cure the disease, they prevent it. Wild Pokemon are infected with the airborne virus and become rabid. The virus does some freaky voodoo shit and suddenly, the Pokemon can't be captured using regular Pokeballs.

So I've concluded that the Pokeball kind of functions as a fallout shelter, if a Pokemon is already captured using the device, then the virus doesn't affect them. Pokemon that have already been exposed to the virus, without being captured by a Pokeball, get infected, and they can't enter Pokeballs anymore. A fallout shelter doesn't do any good if you're already irradiated with nuclear energy, right?

Edit: Also, my argument is that Team Rocket is planning to use this on a city in the future, which would have the easy cure to their 'virus'. Knowing this, even if we ignore the impossibility of the pokeballs having a magical cure, it still doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint.

No offense towards you, but I think you're kinda making this RP out to be a little more realistic than it's meant to be.
Sure, it's definitely more realistic than the anime or the games, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everything is gonna have a proper, scientific explanation. I just turn a blind eye to it all, I'm not saying you should do that though. Like I said, I don't mean to offend you in any way, and I'm incredibly sorry if I do.

To me, it's magic with the word SCIENCE in gigantic rainbow bold letters plastered on top of it to make it look authentic, no more, no less.

But hey, I'm only 13. I don't have nearly as much knowledge on this subject as you seem to. The explanation of all your questions is up to the creator, Astral.
Viruses =/= radiation. The only way to build an immunity to a virus is through a vaccine, and that is essentially a weakened version of the virus. Even if the fallout shelter example you used was valid, it would defeat the purpose if the person in the fallout shelter came out while the area was still radiated. Sure, you survive the initial explosion, but now you have radiation poisoning because the radiation is still present. Saying that the pokeball gives immunity to all disease would also mean that my Pokemon wouldn't be infected as immunity takes a few weeks to build up through vaccines. If it actually is a virus there is no reason that trainer Pokemon are not infected.
Not to mention, my solution to this plot hole solves nearly every problem that a virus poses. I admit, turning a blind eye is sometimes necessary when there is no other solution, but this is not the case here.
I know it's probably going to put a dent in whatever future plans Astral had, but I think the mark of a good writer is their ability to solve plot holes, not ignore them.

Last edited:
Viruses =/= radiation. The only way to build an immunity to a virus is through a vaccine, and that is essentially a weakened version of the virus. Even if the fallout shelter example you used was valid, it would defeat the purpose if the person in the fallout shelter came out while the area was still radiated. Sure, you survive the initial explosion, but now you have radiation poisoning because the radiation is still present. Saying that the pokeball gives immunity to all disease would also mean that my Pokemon wouldn't be infected as immunity takes a few weeks to build up through vaccines. If it actually is a virus there is no reason that trainer Pokemon are not infected.
Not to mention, my solution to this plot hole solves nearly every problem that a virus poses. I admit, turning a blind eye is sometimes necessary when there is no other solution, but this is not the case here.
I know it's probably going to put a dent in whatever future plans Astral had, but I think the mark of a good writer is their ability to solve plot holes, not ignore them.

If you have a solution, then by all means, speak up.

If you have a solution, then by all means, speak up.

As I said in my first post, what if the virus was a red herring, and was instead a drug administered via injection. It would explain its ability to 'infect' every Pokemon species because chemicals like tranquilizers work on every organism in the right dosage. It would also explain why trainer Pokemon are not infected as drugs don't spread like viruses do. Additionally, painting the illusion that this was a virus would create more chaos for the people they attempt to afflict because it would seem like an incurable disease. The fact that they keep trainers for one week, and let them go if they survive also serves the purpose to create chaos. Naturally, anyone would attempt to tell everyone to prepare for the virus right?
This, and many other reasons, are why I think this explanation is better, and makes for a better plot twist as well. The only magic/science I see this explanation relying on is the fact that team rocket managed to find a mix of chemicals that would give these effects, but with drugs like Steroids, and medicine like Rare Candy it's actually not far fetched. There is no need for a fictional virus to create another fictional virus because that in itself is contrived.
Once again though, it's not up to me, this is my suggestion, and observations.