• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ive posted with Amara since both Floyd or Curvy has

Curvy and Aesir are down here with me, diff hotel though

loz is asleep right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I post?
I've kinda been waiting on Curvy but now that I think about it, there isn't any reason Floyd shouldn't reply to Amara's question.

Also, welcome back Astral. Even if it's only temporary.

So, now that I know Salem a bit better, and I'm no longer limiting myself to just Gen 1 Pokémon like I was at the start of all this, I have decided to make a few changes to Salem's team of Pokemon.

nidoqueen.gif

There will still be Hinako the Nidoqueen, she's pretty set, solid, and has a good back story, so she's not going anywhere.

blastoise.gif

Ajax the Blastoise is a permanent member obviously.

infernape.gif

I suppose Achilles the Infernape could be a really fun new addition, but we'll have to wait and see how he turns out in the RP. Though I pray he does, because I am loving his concept of being extra small and pissed off about it, thus always looking for a fight and to taunt opponents.

chansey.gif
==>
cherubi.gif
cherrim-sunshine.gif

Here's where the changes will happen. Originally I had Lenalee the Chansey, because I kinda wanted something small, cute and a pacifist that would be about guarding the team from harmful effects while at the same time being guarded by the team. I still like this concept a lot, but have just never really been much a fan of Chansey, so looking over possible Pokemon for Regalo Del'Mar I came across Cherubi and Cherrim and decided that those would be a much better fit for what I intended. So from now on Lenalee is a Cherubi, soon to be Cherrim.
(Also, what are the opinions here on Cherubi's Pokedex entry of it being 'very sweet and tasty'?)

ninetales.gif
==>
mawile.gif

Next on the list is Kaguya, the haughty Ninetales. I'll just tell you all straight up that I originally decided on a sort of spoiled little princess persona for Salem to have some friction with, to contrast his other wise very willing and compliant Pokémon. I picked Ninetales because I always thoguht those to be the coolest fire type. Strong and elegant, beautiful and very aware of it. It seemed to fit the persona, but recently I learned/remembered some things like how they're supposedly ably to grow hundreds of years old, and there are some psychic aspects to it that I didn't think would suit Salem in hindsight. There's also the evolving with firestones only, and it seems Ninetales are quite popular, so I see them pretty frequently. So I went looking and I am inclined to change Kaguya the Ninatales into Kaguya the Mawile. The name fits, I can sorta keep the same personality I planned for as well. And looking up some video's on the Pokemon I've decided that she's actually incredibly cute. :) (though besides that I actually don't know much about Mawile, nor am I familiar with Steel and Fairy typing, so anything you guys can tell me about this adorable Pokemon will be very welcome.)

exeggutor.gif

Lastly there's Jeeves, and Jeeves has always only ever been Salem's R&R buddy. Jeeves doesn't battle unless it's a life and death necessity, so has never been put forth in fights. He's only really along for the journey with Salem because the two had fun together and like to relax together. I'm thinking that as soon as Salem will start getting more serious, maybe set himself a goal, that fun times with Jeeves will come to an end and the Coconut Palm Tree smile expert will be released and go his own way again.

(Thanks so much for the link to that website Nova. I've really liking these properly animated gifs.)

Going back through, I saw that one of my older posts had the coins messed up, except two.

Gerald and Megan. :\=|: Catch my drift?

Well, I'll get to my post in a minute, but first...

though besides that I actually don't know much about Mawile, nor am I familiar with Steel and Fairy typing, so anything you guys can tell me about this adorable Pokemon will be very welcome.
Steel and Fairy are new types introduced in Gen II and Gen VI respectively. Steel is super effective against ice and fairy and resist a lot of other types, but I don't think there is much else to them. Fairy however, is Super effective against Dragon, Dark (another gen II introduction), and also resist a couple of other types (plus an IMMUNITY to dragon attacks), so it's got good typing.

Mawile are very deceitful Pokemon introduced in Gen III. It attacks with that giant jaw strapped to it's head. In the wild, they use their sweet appearance to lure in prey and then chomp down on them once in ample range. Also worth noting is the Mega Evolution, though incredibly slow, has the highest attack in the game. But, other than your general distaste for megas and if you ever did want one you'd probably give it to Ajax, but it's a nice thought.

Here's some Pokedex entries on it.

Ironically I began training one of these little dudes yesterday. Named it Jill. Currently at Lv.3, Level 100 mega or bust, man.

One last thing, that site I linked has all sorts of entries on every Pokemon, from appearances in the Manga to Mystery Dungeon. If you ever need to know about a certain Pokemon, I recommend it thoroughly.

Alright, fingers crossed I'll have a post up by the end of the day.

Thanks for the info BurbleBurble.
I had a look at the Mega Evolutions today and find that most of them just don't look cool at all. And watching the last season of the Anime made it pretty obvious that if you don't have a mega evolution you might as well not bother participating in the league, and that's kinda the main issue I have with this mechanic from a Game Design point of view. But I can go on forever about such things.

Salem doesn't have anything against Mega Evolutions of course. He's never seen one, probably never even heard of one. Knowing him he'd probably think it awesome. So that said, I might well find myself someday tracking down a mega evolution stone in a campaign, and it would be totally up to circumstance who he'll want it for. Personally I think Mega Mawile is actually one of the few that looks pretty good. Much better than Mega Blastoise at least. I'm sure he's a lot stronger but they really went to far with his cannons in my opinion. :D

Also discovered a Pokemon called Absol in the list that I think actually looks quite cool. Might be nice capture one someday, although it heard it's called the 'Disaster Pokemon'... If Salem gets any more involved with Cassie I'm sure he already has plenty disaster to look forward to, right PentheWonderful? :\=|:
-

As always, I'm eagerly await your next entry Burble. Curious to see how June will respond this time, and eager to see if she's finally beginning to notice that Salem doesn't really see, or treat Pokemon any different than other humans, now that he's explained as much. Oh and I apologize for taking some liberties with her again. I didn't think she would object to Salem cleaning her, and if she did then probably only until she felt him get into it, because he really is very good that. Fine weaving, handicrafts, massaging are actually some of the few skills he's very good at, and all of those train his finger dexterity, next to swimming and basic tropical survival.

I realize that a lot of Salem's short comings don't actually appear too often in this particular campaign because of the setting, and I fear he may come across as having no fault right now. He really is playing on the home field on a tropical island, but put him in any sort of civilization and you can be sure funny situations will ensue. He's way too liberal in his thinking, has no real concept of money and worth, would be uncomfortable in the restrictive clothing, enclosed streets, claustrophobic cars, elevators, airplanes. He's never ridden a bike before, doesn't own any sort of communication decide and is probably about as good with a computer as your grandmother. And then of course he doesn't know a lot of Pokemon, their attacks, some types would be rare where he's from... You know what, I'm actually looking forward to putting Salem in a more civilized RP next. :p

Heh, don't worry about being perfect. I've seen (and been...curse you 8 year old me) perfect before, and that is not Salem.

On another note, I wonder if June and Ecarte would get along due to both having to take care of their trainers :D

Yeah, you wouldn't need an Absol around when you have Cassie. ;)
Actually it seems that Salem would be almost guaranteed to meet an Absol if he gets more involved with Cassie.

Pokedex entries state:

"Every time ABSOL appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster POKéMON."

"ABSOL has the ability to foretell the coming of natural disasters. It lives in a harsh, rugged mountain environment. This POKéMON very rarely ventures down from the mountains."

"It appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, it was mistaken as a doom-bringer."

"It sharply senses even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict natural disasters. It is a long-lived POKéMON that has a life-span of 100 years."

"It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger."

"Rumored to sense disasters with its horn, it became a target. It fled deep into the mountains."

"It has the ability to foretell natural disasters. Its life span is over a hundred years."

"Rumored to sense disasters with its horn, it became a target. It fled deep into the mountains."

"It appears from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters it has sensed with its horn."

"It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger."

"It appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, it was mistaken as a doom bringer."
-

I wonder who will post first. BurbleBurble or Astralkitsune.

Last edited:
Actually it seems that Salem would be almost guaranteed to meet an Absol if he gets more involved with Cassie.

Pokedex entries state:

"Every time ABSOL appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster POKéMON."

"ABSOL has the ability to foretell the coming of natural disasters. It lives in a harsh, rugged mountain environment. This POKéMON very rarely ventures down from the mountains."

"It appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, it was mistaken as a doom-bringer."

"It sharply senses even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict natural disasters. It is a long-lived POKéMON that has a life-span of 100 years."

"It has the ability to foretell natural disasters. Its life span is over a hundred years."

"It appears from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters it has sensed with its horn."

"It appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, it was mistaken as a doom bringer."
Huh... I stand corrected. :D Although, Absol is implied to only appear during the forthcoming of natural disasters, not... Disasters along the lines of DT or bad events happening to only several individuals. Cassie hasn't attracted any natural disasters yet, so, we'll have to see about that. :p

Salem doesn't have anything against Mega Evolutions of course. He's never seen one, probably never even heard of one. Knowing him he'd probably think it awesome. So that said, I might well find myself someday tracking down a mega evolution stone in a campaign, and it would be totally up to circumstance who he'll want it for. Personally I think Mega Mawile is actually one of the few that looks pretty good. Much better than Mega Blastoise at least. I'm sure he's a lot stronger but they really went to far with his cannons in my opinion. :D

Floyd would know all about mega evolution. Although he doesn't actually have a key stone or anything, he'd probably be very knowledgable on the subject since he's an upcoming professor/champion. I can't wait for Floyd to teach Salem all kinds of information he wouldn't have known otherwise.

Also, another Pokemon you might like to add to your region roster is the Turtwig line.

turtwig.gif

Turtwig

grotle.gif

Grotle

torterra.gif

Torterra

Last edited:
Floyd would know all about mega evolution. Although he doesn't actually have a key stone or anything, he'd probably be very knowledgable on the subject since he's an upcoming professor/champion. I can't wait for Floyd to teach Salem all kinds of information he wouldn't have known otherwise.
And Cassie would be able to help with practical applications. Her dad is a scientist researching pokemon evolution, so, she'd know quite a thing or two about the subject as well. I'm actually seriously regretting not having Cassie geek out with Floyd during their short walk together on the first night. :p It would've been perfectly in character and habitual of her.

BurbleBurble, you masterful writer, that was an incredible entry.
I loved seeing the zest in June, that hot flame burning in her core. She made some strong arguments too.
I absolutely loved the way you made it so that Salem's touch managed to make her momentarily forget about her need to explode. I wanted his skills to be good, but you've delivered more than I dared hope for. Awesome, and thanks so much.

The interaction between Gerald and Cassie was very good as well. I liked reading Gerald's observations of her mental state. Oh and I apologize for Ajax pushing Gerald earlier :p
-

Btw, how tall is June? Sources say the avarage Delphox is about 150cm, which would make her only slightly shorter than Lin and Cassie and almost a foot shorter than Salem.

Last edited:
Damn, Lin just totally blew Salem off again. That girl is brutal. :p
Maybe she's just setting an example for the other women. But then again, the point might be lost when she takes the knee like that. Honestly I didn't expect her to prostrate herself like that before June. I imagined her more stubborn, more dominant.