• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lin is expert at interpreting body language and scent so she can kinda function as a lie detector. If Salem deliberately avoids her it's a type of deception and she will be able to read it. If he literally does not see her there will be no change to his stance.

Type A would not bother her as he is not completely oblivious and apparently he did not desire conversation and she would make her way back to the camp. Type two she would think hes an idiot who she will have to continuously keep from dying so long as she needs him for her plans.

I'm practically itching to join up with another group now, after the most recent posts.

I made this out of boredom.
The dimensions and proportions are all off, but that's all I can do.

Attachments

• #1.png
    #1.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 35
  • #2.png
    #2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • #3.png
    #3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Type A would not bother her as he is not completely oblivious and apparently he did not desire conversation and she would make her way back to the camp. Type two she would think hes an idiot who she will have to continuously keep from dying so long as she needs him for her plans.
Hmm, neither option gives me the impression she had any sort of interest in Salem. Makes me wonder why she's showing herself to him.

I'm practically itching to join up with another group now, after the most recent posts.

I made this out of boredom.
The dimensions and proportions are all off, but that's all I can do.
hahaha Nova that's brilliant. I can't stop laughing! :D

@Mega Gallade X You'll need to re-add the images to your signature, ideally as the http://i.imgur.com/ URL rather than the http://pokecharms.com/proxy.php one :) I've fixed your signature for you; I'm happy to sort anyone else's out who needs it.
Talk about service. :D You really go above and beyond don't you Teapot?
PentheWonderful mentioned she might have some issues with her signature images. I see everyone's images work just fine thought.
In case anyone needs links to the Pokémon Coins I made, and hasn't found the link in my Signature, you can find them here.

Here's a special one for you Teapot: ;)
6KeOtBz.png

Last edited:
Hmm, neither option gives me the impression she had any sort of interest in Salem. Makes me wonder why she's showing herself to him.
My theory is that Lin, being so primal, wants to test if Salem will indeed be a worthy mate and father to her children! She'll protect him for her plans which may or may not be for the greater good, and also personal interest on the side, eh Astral? ;)

She's interested, but is waiting to see if he's worth pouncing on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just had to get my thoughts out there. :p

Just got the best idea for a story!
Gonna be uploading my first work (not counting that abomination of an OC story that I deleted) to the Creative Corner soon, keep an eye out everyone. ;)

hahaha Nova that's brilliant. I can't stop laughing! :D
Is it that funny? I think that might be an exaggeration.

@Mega Gallade X You'll need to re-add the images to your signature, ideally as the http://i.imgur.com/ URL rather than the http://pokecharms.com/proxy.php one :) I've fixed your signature for you; I'm happy to sort anyone else's out who needs it.
Teapot, yer a legend.

My theory is that Lin, being so primal, wants to test if Salem will indeed be a worthy mate and father to her children! She'll protect him for her plans which may or may not be for the greater good, and also personal interest on the side, eh Astral? ;)
If this virus gets loose, then who's gonna repopulate the planet? Gotta have contingency plans, y'know?

I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed now. G'night.
Tomorrow is Friday, so I'll have a little more free time to post than usual weekdays.

“Who’s that pokemon?”
Smooth Chrocey, very smooth 8)

You know, I just realized who Delilah and her Beedrill really make me think of.
Black Star and Tsubaki from the manga/anime Soul Eater. Such awesome characters :D

(I tried to find a video reference, but I couldn't find the scene I was specifically looking for. At least not in original Japanese, and I'll spare you the horrid English.)

Smooth Chrocey, very smooth 8)

You know, I just realized who Delilah and her Beedrill really make me think of.
Black Star and Tsubaki from the manga/anime Soul Eater. Such awesome characters :D

(I tried to find a video reference, but I couldn't find the scene I was specifically looking for. At least not in original Japanese, and I'll spare you the horrid English.)
You, sir, have just guessed where my inspiration for her came from lol

You, sir, have just guessed where my inspiration for her came from lol
When you've read and seen as many manga and anime as I have it takes a while to mental sift through everything, trying to figure out where things seem familiar :p

-------------

Guys, I found a video that shows what Aidinia will be like after a few more sparring sessions with Hitmonlee. :D

Last edited:
Things seem to have slowed down quite a bit, so here's something else to entertain yourselves with in the meantime.
-

I was watching a nostalgic video on YouTube and then had this interesting idea of looking back at my childhood heroes and crushes to see if there may be a pattern or type. I had a wonderful time recalling some of these characters, while why I didn't recognize a type per say, I did noticed that a lot of these people have had major influence in my character creations.

Because I'm all too eager to share with you folk, and interested to learn what people had left an impression on you, I'm gonna be listing mine here.

Heroes
You know what I mean here. For us guys there have always been these characters in movies and shows that you really wished you could either be, or be just like.

Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver, the Green, and later White, Ranger from the TV show Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was my pre-teen hero.
This guy had it all for me. Starting of alone, and sorta tragic, much like I always felt in those days of constantly moving house every two years. He was the cool new teen that joined the show. Good looking, good at martial arts, smart, respected. He started off as the evil ranger created by the villains, but later joined the good guy as their leader. He even looked like me! or I like him I suppose...
Initially I started of disliking the show because it was the reason that Sonic SatAM got cancelled, but I quickly came to love it. And who could ever forget that Awesome Intro Song?

David Boreanaz as Angel, the Vampire with a Soul from TV shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and later his own better spin-off series Angel, was my teenage hero.
I mean come on, he was the ultimate bad-ass vampire in the story, but given his soul back as a curse and made a good guy trying to repent for the crimes of his monstrous past. For me he was the first vampire turned good... you know... before they started sparkling... :@
Later on in the video game Kingdom Hearts he was the first voice of Squall Leonhart, my favorite Final Fantasy character.

Crushes

I am sure I'm not the only guy that pined for a girl on tv, and I'm equally sure you ladies had some guys visiting your dreams. ;)

Tami Stronach as Moonchild, the Childlike Empress from the Never Ending Story movie adaptation of the German book Die Unendliche Geschichte, was my pre-teen heartthrob. In fact, she was the very first girl that I saw that made me realize girls weren't just those weird other kids you didn't play with in the school yard, but that some of them really make you want to kiss them. The Never Ending Story was a wonderful movie, the kind they just don't seem to make anymore these days, and inception long before Inception came out. :\=|:
The entire movie you are with the main characters on this quest to get to the fabled immortal queen, and finally meet her at the very end only to discover that she is this darling angel of a girl. She is sad, and in pain, and desperately waiting for you to rescue her. It's a scene I will never forget for as long as I live. The acting done by little Tami, the emotion, it's just amazing. Can you believe her parents decided that acting wasn't for her and pull her out of the business right after this? >_<
Also, Bastian, the little shit, is given the last remaining grain of sand from the collapsed world of Fantasia at the end, and the Empress tells him that it will grant him his every wish and that the more wishes he makes the more of the world of Fantasia he will restore, and the more beautiful it will become... In other words, here are endless wishes, please, please go make lots of wishes, all our lives depend on it... Yeah, I was one jealous kid back then ;_;

Neve Campbell was my teenage sweetheart. I first noticed her as Bonnie Hyper in the movie The Craft, and after that I saw her all over in movies like Scream, Three to Tango, and Wild Things in particular. 8) She was also the voice of Kiara in the Lion King 2.
I tell you, when that girl smiled I would always be smiling back no matter what mood I was in.

Kate Beckinsale has been my all time favorite girl from the moment I saw her as a late-teen. :love: The woman is absolutely gorgeous and sounds incredibly sexy. She first caught my attention in the movie Pearl Harbor, and then cemented her in my heart with Underworld and Van Helsing.

My most recent flame is of course PentheWonderful. ;)

Honorary Mentions

Yasmine Bleeth as Caroline Holden in Baywatch, the tv serie every kid/teen in the 90's grew up with.

Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase in Angel. She started out in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and while I loved seeing her every time, I really hated her character. Fortunately the character really matures in the series Angel and I could finally like all of her.

Olivia Munn as Sloan Sabbith in The Newsroom. Not only is she almost criminally hot, but I discovered she is actually very smart and similarly opinionated to myself. :D
I really very much recommend The Newsroom for anyone that hasn't watched it yet. It's actually very similar to Suits, but with better dialogue and arguably better characters. And I know that Donna Paulson is hard to compete with, but if anyone can it's Sloan Sabbith.

Last edited:
really meant to get a post out tonight but just to busy with the convention. I will try to get one out late tomorrow night but definatly no promises as that will be the busiest day of the con.

Things have slown down a bit, so here's my team if I we're a gym leader.
I also have the template, If one of you wants to make one of your own.

Attachments

• SUPERRNOVAAgymCORRECTCANVASSIZE.png
    SUPERRNOVAAgymCORRECTCANVASSIZE.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 33
  • GymTemplate.png
    GymTemplate.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 28
For me, I'm waiting for Lin. I'm eager to continue but I can't.
-

SUPERRNOVAA, is this you as a Gym leader of Floyd?
Also, what are the rules or fact for being a Gym Leader? I wouldn't mind trying to make my own profile, but I need to know the templates.

Welcome to Regalo Del'Mar
OFk8Igr.png

Oh this reminds me Nova, I still need to determine what sort of Pokémon would be native to Regalo Del'Mar and I was wondering if you would help me out with that. It's a separate region so just go through all the Pokémon and list me a few that you think would make sense to find in a tropical island region.

I'm expecting mostly water and grass type, but perhaps some rock and fighting? Flying would make sense as well, and Bugs of course.

Last edited:
For me, I'm waiting for Lin. I'm eager to continue but I can't.
-

SUPERRNOVAA, is this you as a Gym leader of Floyd?
Also, what are the rules or fact for being a Gym Leader? I wouldn't mind trying to make my own profile, but I need to know the templates.

Welcome to Regalo Del'Mar
SSvLD0x.png

Oh this reminds me Nova, I still need to determine what sort of Pokémon would be native to Regalo Del'Mar and I was wondering if you would help me out with that. It's a separate region so just go through all the Pokémon and list me a few that you think would make sense to find in a tropical island region.

I'm expecting mostly water and grass type, but perhaps some rock and fighting? Flying would make sense as well, and Bugs of course.

Well first of all, if I myself we're a gym leader, then the sheet I posted is what my gym(s) would be like. Not Floyd.

As for rules, I'll just give a little list.

1. You can only use Pokemon of one Type in your gym, e.g, a Bug type Gym would only have Bug Type Pokemon Like Scyther, Venipede, ect. I chose the Fire type for my Gym.

2. Choose the Pokemon associated with your Gym based on what numbered gym you are. For example, In my sheet, If a player approaches my Gym, and he/she has no badges, he/she will battle my first set of Pokemon, Litwick & Rotom-Heat which are the first two listed on the sheet. IF the player has 1 badge, then he/she will battle me with my second team, which is the team below my first one, if he/she has 2 badges, then they will battle my third team, ect. Naturally, you should have un-evolved and low level Pokemon in your earlier Gyms and Fully Evolved, higher leveled Pokemon for higher numbered Gyms. On the left side of the template there should be a list saying something along the lines of,

No Badges <This is the amount of badges the player challenging your Gym has, since the challenger has no badges, you will only battle with the two Pokemon you list beside it.
Level 10-15 <These are the level caps of the Pokemon you are fighting the challenger with. Since the challenger has no badges, your Pokemon will be level 10-15, and most likely unevolved

1 Badge <The challenger facing your gym has 1 badge, meaning you will use stronger Pokemon than no badges.
Level 20-25 <Your Pokemon will be higher leveled since the challenger has more badges.

3. Choose your Partner Pokemon and Signature Pokemon. Your Partner Pokemon should be the Pokemon that follows you around as more of an accomplice than a battling partner. Signature Pokemon should be your strongest Pokemon, meant for battling. Your signature Pokemon and Partner Pokemon can be the same Pokemon if you want.

4. If the challenger defeats your gym, then you will give a TM to them. TM's can be used to teach moves to Pokemon. On my sheet, I give the challenger the TM Overheat. The TM you give to a challenger should be the same as your Gyms Type.

5. Pick a Badge Design. If the Challenger wins, the Gym Leader usually gives the Challenger a Badge to commemorate their success. This is simply the design of the badge you will give to them. In my case, my badge resembles that of a fire.

Sorry If I explained that horribly. You should be able to get the jist of it though.

As for Regalo Del'Mar,

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I tried to add a little diversity to the roster.
If you want an entire regional Dex, then I can probably do that too, It'll take a bit longer though. There are a loads of Pokemon that fit your theme, that I didn't put into the list due to me being lazy. So if you do want an actual dex for Regalo Del'Mar, just ask.

-UPDATED TO INCLUDE 3D MODELS-

Last edited:
Thanks for the list of Pokemon Nova, that's a really good place to start for me, although there are a few here and there of which I'm not sure you'd find them in a tropical climate.

I'm adding Squirtles and Gyrados to the list for sure, though the latter would be more on the outskirts of the region, in the deep oceans surrounding the islands. The former, I don't know about you but when I'm thinking tropical island creatures, I'm thinking turtles for sure. Also sharks, snakes, and some lizards. I really liked the poisonous frog you added. Didn't know that Pokémon existed, but it seems a really good fit. It'll be fun trying to get this whole region figured out ecosystem wise.
-

About the Gym Leader thing. I get it now, it's tailored towards the gameboy games, rather than a more realistic, narrative focus.

Your welcome.
I got lazy and picked out a random few, just to add a little bit of diversity.
I'm not all that familiar with Tropical places so I wasn't exactly sure on what to do.
There is a backstory behind a few though, like how I added Timburr because I thought that it might like to help out locals make buildings and such.

-----

As for turtles, there's Tirtouga and Carracosta.
The iconic shark Pokemon is Sharpedo.
In terms of snakes, you also have Ekans, Arbok and Seviper.

Last edited:
Also, thanks to Alola, there's tons of other tropical Pokemon that wouldn't look out of place on Regalo.

120px-Pyukumuku.png
Pyukumuku
120px-Wishiwashi-Solo.png
120px-Wishiwashi-School.png
Wishiwashi (They can be found in giant schools, as seen on the right)
120px-Grubbin.png
120px-Charjabug.png
120px-Vikavolt.png
Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikivolt (From left to right)
120px-Cutiefly.png
Cutiefly
120px-Fomantis.png
120px-Lurantis.png
Fomantis and Lurantis
120px-Crabrawler.png
Crabrawler
120px-Pikipek.png
Pikipek

I'm not sure how you feel about the new ones (I remember you saying that you weren't too fond of Mega Evolution) but I think they are pretty cool. Sorry for butting in, just wanted to give my two cents on that :p

Also, thanks to Alola, there's tons of other tropical Pokemon that wouldn't look out of place on Regalo.

120px-Pyukumuku.png
Pyukumuku
120px-Wishiwashi-Solo.png
120px-Wishiwashi-School.png
Wishiwashi (They can be found in giant schools, as seen on the right)
120px-Grubbin.png
120px-Charjabug.png
120px-Vikavolt.png
Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikivolt (From left to right)
120px-Cutiefly.png
Cutiefly
120px-Fomantis.png
120px-Lurantis.png
Fomantis and Lurantis
120px-Crabrawler.png
Crabrawler
120px-Pikipek.png
Pikipek

I'm not sure how you feel about the new ones (I remember you saying that you weren't too fond of Mega Evolution) but I think they are pretty cool. Sorry for butting in, just wanted to give my two cents on that :p

Lurantis and Wishiwashi have pretty much secured a spot on my team when I play through Pokemon Sun, so has Alolan Raichu.
Apparently Raichu turned Alolan because it ate too many pancakes or something? I remember it's description on the official website was quite weird.

Just realized I missed the most important tropical Pokemon, Tropius!
Its dex entry literally says that it lives in tropical enviroments.

Last edited:
Apparently Raichu turned Alolan because it ate too many pancakes or something?
Yes.
Too many sweet, fluffy pancakes.

I imagine it going something like this:

"So we made an awesome Electric Psychic Raichu. The fans will love it!"

"That's great Jim! But how did Raichu get Psychic powers?"

"Uh, Um...Pancakes."

"Pancakes?"

"Pancakes."

"...THAT'S GENIUS! Contact our Website developers, we got a description to write."

Yes.
Too many sweet, fluffy pancakes.

I imagine it going something like this:

"So we made an awesome Electric Psychic Raichu. The fans will love it!"

"That's great Jim! But how did Raichu get Psychic powers?"

"Uh, Um...Pancakes."

"Pancakes?"

"Pancakes."

"...THAT'S GENIUS! Contact our Website developers, we got a description to write."

Actually, working in the game industry myself I can tell you that that's how most designs start. Often wise they get polished up after wards while going through the production pipeline, but that's how half of things in games begin. In many larger games you can often find reference to those origins in flavor texts on items, or in random dialogues with NPC. If you know what to look for you can often find 2 or 3 more stories that a being told throughout a game, which focus on events during production, or alternative designs and idea during conception.

A fun example is reading the headstones of graves in the game Fable. They're names of nobodies, with texts that seem random, and non of it had anything to with the game, or contributes to the story, but... It gets fun when you learn that the names on the stones are those of the people that worked on the game behind the scenes. Particularly the ones that suffered the most during crunch time right before delivery. And their flavor texts tell you what they were involved with. :p

Last edited:
Actually, working in the game industry myself I can tell you that that's how most designs start. Often wise they get polished up after wards while going through the production pipeline, but that's how half of things in games begin. In many larger games you can often find reference to those origins in flavor texts on items, or in random dialogues with NPC. If you know what to look for you can often find 2 or 3 more stories that a being told throughout a game, which focus on events during production, or alternative designs and idea during conception.

A fun example is reading the headstones of graves in the game Fable. They're names of nobodies, with texts that seem random, and non of it had anything to with the game, or contributes to the story, but... It gets fun when you learn that the names on the stones are those of the people that worked on the game behind the scenes. Particularly the ones that suffered the most during crunch time right before delivery. And their flavor texts tell you what they were involved with. :p
Huh. Today I learned. I should keep a look out for that type of stuff now...

I think Don't Starve pulled off something similar, where in the last area, reading the gravestones give you the credits of the development team. I say "Think" because Don't Starve is rather difficult and I never actually got around to beating Adventure Mode.

And I can't help myself. Here's some more Pokemon, some you might know.
138.png

Omanyte
Spr_6x_704.png
Spr_6x_705.png
Spr_6x_706.png

Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra
Spr_6x_692.png
Spr_6x_693.png

Clauncher and Clawitzer
Spr_6x_690.png
Spr_6x_691.png

Skrelp and Dragalge
Spr_6x_682.png

Spritzee
Spr_6x_632.png

Durant
Spr_6x_616.png

Shelmet
Spr_6x_592_m.png
Spr_6x_592_f.png
Spr_6x_593_m.png
Spr_6x_593_f.png

Frillish and Jellicent (Blue are males, Pink are Females)
Spr_6x_037.png

Vulpix
Spr_6x_535.png
Spr_6x_536.png
Spr_6x_537.png

Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad
Spr_6x_496.png
Spr_6x_497.png

Servine and Serperior
Spr_6x_114.png
Spr_6x_465_m.png

Tangela and Tangrowth
Spr_6x_422.png
Spr_6x_422E.png

Shellos (There are two variations: East sea and West sea respectively)
Spr_6x_013.png
Spr_6x_014.png
Spr_6x_015.png

Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill
Spr_6x_415_f.png
Spr_6x_416.png

Combee and Vespiquen
Spr_6x_167.png

Spinarak
Spr_6x_194_m.png
Spr_6x_195_m.png

Wooper and Quagsire

I imagine most of these would lurk in swamps or estuaries deep in Regalo Del'Mar. Seismitoad and its relatives would've driven the Poliwag line out of these areas, as they evolve via level up rather than Water Stone, and inversely Spinarak are seldom seen thanks to the Galvantula and Joltik population taking most of the available prey, and so on.
...I may of gotten carried away there. Oh well, I'm sure some of them could apply.

Though maybe I messed up on the Goodra line, considering that line is based on french snails...ah, it's Pokemon, logic doesn't always apply :p

Ah, the reason Ariados wasn't used was because Galvantula and Joltik had been taking the main prey of Spinarak, l eaving them endangered...

But natural rivals works too between the spiders too.

Also page bookmarked, that'll save me several hours next time I pull something like this.