• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're allowed to take liberties with random encounters, so long as you make it cool. Just don't Tepig the Pokemon into the ground and knit it into a sweater, and you should be fine. ;)

You know, there's a plan for a follow up Campaign in the making where Salem goes to Unova. You could have Diana meet Salem and he could teach her in canon. If you dare putting your female character in front of this flowing man of course. She might want to catch him :p)

Also, I don't know what your character is like but there is only one type of dance on Regalo Del'Mar, and it's strictly female only. Usually performed at the Amnis Colo ritual. It looks something like this:

If you remember from Salem's flashbacks, he's always been interested, on an almost hypnotic level, in the motions of these dances. His brothers thought he was just ogling the girls, but it was the flow of the dance that captivated him. If Diana dances anything like that Salem's going to be very interested in her. ;)

Get some inspiration from Rain Man. You're old enough to know what I mean. ;)

That would actually be awesome. I'm trying to use her a bit more to develop her character, and learning that fighting technique would definitely be an aspect that'd be fun to build in an RP.

Also, that video is exactly how I imagine her dancing, attire and all xD I kept calling it belly dancing, but it never sounded quite right since that kind of dancing includes faster movements than what I had in mind.

That would actually be awesome. I'm trying to use her a bit more to develop her character, and learning that fighting technique would definitely be an aspect that'd be fun to build in an RP.

Also, that video is exactly how I imagine her dancing, attire and all xD I kept calling it belly dancing, but it never sounded quite right since that kind of dancing includes faster movements than what I had in mind.
I guess it's Salem who shold be careful not to get his heart stolen, then. ;)

I'd absolutely love if you would come on board with us, Chroc! Anyone can join in, really. It's gonna be a pretty casual roleplay that doesn't require you to stick with it from beginning to end. Think more of an Ash Ketchum tag-along sort of thing.

We'll definitely send you an invite then when the Campaign starts.
Where did she learn the dance? Perhaps it could have been from someone originating from Regalo Del'Mar.
Quick question, how tall is Delilah?
I want to say 5'7 for some reason, but don't quote me on that. I know Chroc mentioned it once when I asked about Delilah. Would have to look back.

Nope, Delilah Jones is 5'7 I just checked.

Oh and I found Diana's profile as well, which states she's a Lesbian. That of course means absolutely nothing to Salem :p

Yeah xD I was gonna mention that. She's very intimate with others (be they male or female), but actually doesn't pursue sex. She's all about making connections with people, particularly by dancing with them or bearing souls. Ultimately she found it easier to make connections with people of the same sex, since there can be an added level of empathy between them.

Also, I just vaguely mention that she learned dancing from a friend of the family. I'd be down to have the friend be from Salemland :3

I can't wait to start the campaign nwn sounds like a pretty chill RP

Yeah xD I was gonna mention that. She's very intimate with others (be they male or female), but actually doesn't pursue sex. She's all about making connections with people, particularly by dancing with them or bearing souls. Ultimately she found it easier to make connections with people of the same sex, since there can be an added level of empathy between them.

Also, I just vaguely mention that she learned dancing from a friend of the family. I'd be down to have the friend be from Salemland :3

I can't wait to start the campaign nwn sounds like a pretty chill RP

'Salemland'

I CANT STOP LAUGHING FOR SOME REASON

Hey guys sorry for intruding, and I know I'm way too late to ask but I've read a fair amount of this RP and I just have to say that first of all great job, it's so high quality! And secondly is there any chance of still being able to join it? Of course it's so late for me to ask so I get it if the answer is no I get it and thanks for your time

Hey guys sorry for intruding, and I know I'm way too late to ask but I've read a fair amount of this RP and I just have to say that first of all great job, it's so high quality! And secondly is there any chance of still being able to join it? Of course it's so late for me to ask so I get it if the answer is no I get it and thanks for your time
Well thanks for the praise and good on you to ask at least. I would recommend anyone willing to join to ask so long as the thread hasn't been Closed and still says Ask to Join.

I think the real question is, do you think you can match the quality of writing? Both structurally and content wise?

That aside, feel free to tell us what you liked about the story and the characters so far. I'm sure everyone here would love to hear it if/when they entertained readers.

I would like to think while relatively new to Rp in general that I can produce at a high enough quality to not seem too out of place with the majority of characters that are already in the story as of right now. I'm also regularly active if that helps.
As for praise I can confidently say that I really enjoy Chrocey's work so far. But if you don't mind I feel I need to read the rest of the story before I can make any fair comments on most of you.

As for praise I can confidently say that I really enjoy Chrocey's work so far. But if you don't mind I feel I need to read the rest of the story before I can make any fair comments on most of you.
Delilah is definitely the most fun character I think and Chrocey does such a wonderful job delivering her narrative. :)

Astralkitsune, is the one who has say on who joins or not, but until she posts, just out of curiosity, what kind of character did you imagine using?

GUYS! WHAT IS THIS WATER SEEPING OUT OF MY EYEBALLS?! IT MAKES ME FEEL BOTH LOVED AND VULNERABLE!

Haha, I'm sorry I didn't know it would evoke such an emotion response!
Don't let him fool you, he's obviously playing you. The hint is in his saying there's water leaking from his Eyeballs. You may be inclined to think he means tears here, but those come from tear ducts in the inner most corner of your eyes. If there's fluid leaking from your eyeballs themselves there's something horribly, horribly wrong. :D

Don't let him fool you, he's obviously playing you. The hint is in his saying there's water leaking from his Eyeballs. You may be inclined to think he means tears here, but those come from tear ducts in the inner most corner of your eyes. If there's fluid leaking from your eyeballs themselves there's something horribly, horribly wrong. :D
Ah well great, looks like I've killed off one of my favourite characters without even being in the RP XD

Well that depends, right now I get the feeling that no more all out attackers are wanted, and I need to ask how many Pokémon can you have overall?
Every character may only start out with a single Pokemon, or no Pokemon at all. Or perhaps even be a pokemon... hmm, interesting.
More could potentially be acquired through play.

This is all mentioned in the opening post though, and it doesn't bode well not knowing at least this much. :p

Every character may only start out with a single Pokemon, or no Pokemon at all. Or perhaps even be a pokemon... hmm, interesting.
More could potentially be acquired through play.

This is all mentioned in the opening post though, and it doesn't bode well not knowing at least this much. :p
Ah my bad, I did read the opening post but after seeing a full team posted in here I decided better to ask and be safe than sorry

I am so sorry.

Post will be up tonight or I will cry myself to sleep. Well, that's a bit dramatic, but I will be very disappointed in myself. So far only June's part is about 50% done, but seriously. Tonight...Or afternoon for those who live on the other side of the world.

@Jake Acker Interested to see what you'll come up with if Astral allows you in. Good luck :)

ok finally got work settled calmed down and pts asleep. Time to crank out some post.

OK Jake as I do reserve final say in who joins or not I defer to my players as well. So requirements are read the entire thread from beginning to end. Put up a very solid character concept with detailed background. Then if you do get approved be prepared for a very long opening post to recap the events so far and how you interacted with them. Take in mind Curvy's crazy long intro post. You need to impress at least four of my players.

Nova: hmm I see Amara as kinda tall maybe 5'10-5'11

OK Jake as I do reserve final say in who joins or not I defer to my players as well. So requirements are read the entire thread from beginning to end. Put up a very solid character concept with detailed background. Then if you do get approved be prepared for a very long opening post to recap the events so far and how you interacted with them. Take in mind Curvy's crazy long intro post. You need to impress at least four of my players.
Alternatively, the catch up can be slit into several flashbacks while he's moving through the jungle I'd say. The important part is that we learn some about it, but that doesn't have to all be at the start immediately. I know that characters such as Nevashi, Mina, Amara, Lin, heck even Apollo, aren't player characters, but they feel just as much a part of the cast as our characters do, and we interact with them just as much as well. But those guys we don't know everything about either. In fact many of them didn't come to live until after we saw their nightmares.

Oh you could potentially introduce him to a group already. Maybe he gets found floating down the river, or running from some Pokemon and needing help, or he's a captive of TR. The simply, wandering around the forest by himself really is the default option. Oh I know, perhaps he can meet Apollo ;)

In any case, the most important part is that he has a solid character that feels worth it interacting with, and that is writing is sufficiently detailed.

I enjoy some flattery as much as the next person, but flattery alone will never be enough for me to just accept you. :D
Chrocey is just too kind :p

Well, posted.

I think June's part may have jumped gears too quickly, and that Gerald's part is to similar to Cassie's part (More specifically the mind)

But hopefully it's alright. Sorry for taking a millennia, and you all take care as always :)

Before Delilah had time to process what the Nidoking had done, she felt firm hands grabbing either side of her arms and a weight dragging her down to the ground. It took her a second to even recognize that Damian had entered her vision.

Delilah felt the vibrations of his body as each needle pelted him in the back, in addition to the needles that had wizzed passed her. Putting these together it finally dawned on her that Nidoking had used its poison sting attack, and Damian had jumped in front to protect her from it.
Aww yeah! Us white haired guys are the self sacrificing hero kind. Can't ignore a damsel in distress, whether they act like damsels or not, right Mega? ;)

Great post Burb, worth the wait. Do you still want that thing to happen concerning June. If so tell Ny as I think he is itching to drop his second part if not just don't worry about it.
No...not yet. It's too early for something of that magnitude to happen.

If we make it to day four or something and the oppurtunity arises, I'll inform the needed.

No...not yet. It's too early for something of that magnitude to happen.

If we make it to day four or something and the oppurtunity arises, I'll inform the needed.
Well color me curious now. I have no idea what you two are scheming about, but I'll just go ahead and work out my next entry alright?

Also Burble, I would just like to say that I really liked the fact that June seemed to draw so much strength and comfort from Salem's touch. I hadn't actually planned or expected that. The hand was put in place for a different reason, but this is great! :D

post for Erejast and Ecarte.

Few things if no one has an issue with it, I changed heal pulse to an AoE that hits everything present and gave it to the togepi along with heal bell and it's normal wish. I finished it up with safeguard so that it has no offensive moves and is purely support for the Dr. I did the Heal pulse as their was just too many injured beings in the area to get to them all in time. Also I had planned it in my mind cause I thought their was a single non targeted aoe heal move but I was mistaken when I went back and checked for the post.

Nah it's ok. Salem is really lucky the virus was making Arrow much less controlled and accurate than usual.

Now don't get me wrong I have no issue with human's dodging pokemon or even if highly trained, temporarily holding their own. I was just saying that in Arrows case cause hes a very experienced pokemon (if it was a game he would be very high lv)