• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Island Role-play

On an isolated island with no human inhabitants, many Pokemon have woken up on the island with no memory of how they got there, or who they are, aside from their names.

Discussion: http://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-island.14558/

Name: King Karp
Species: Magikarp
Personality: Although he used to be very egotistical and selfish, he has since learned to be kind and humble. Always ready to help a friend and not afraid to fight
Appearance: A Shiny Magikarp
Accessories: None
Backstory: King Karp was born on the island. Since a very young age, he was proud of his golden colour, and would brag about it. His parents tried to tell him to be humble, to not think of himself as higher than the rest of the Magikarp on the island, but he would not listen, and ran away from home because he thought that they were jealous. He changed his name to King Karp and avoided his old home. Eventually, he realised his mistake and tried to go back home to apologise, but when he got there, his family was gone.

Name: Azu
Species: Azuril
Personality: Shy and easily frightened
Appearance: A Regular Azuril
Accessories: A necklace which her sister gave her when they were both younger, and the only thing left of her old life
Backstory: Azu cannot remember anything of her life before waking up on the island

Sand… Soft Sand

The Azuril sat up quickly, where was she? Who was she?

She tried to bring back memories, anything, but there was just a void of blackness in here mind where something should have been, but through the darkness, one thing stood out

“Azu!” a Maril called out “Its time to go home now”
The Azuril and Maril were on a field with a river, playing

“Ok!” the Azuril shouted “Coming!”

“Tricked You!” Maril laughed as she playfully hit the Azuril “Your it”

The two laughed as they chased each other around in circles

“Azu” the Azuril whispered to herself “My name is Azu”
She tried to find other memories of her past, but as quickly as that one came, it vanished. Already, she was beginning to forget the specifics of the memory, it was just a hazy cloud, vague details Azu couldn't be sure were real or not

“Mom?” she cried out “Dad?”

Meanwhile, in a stream near the beach, was a Shiny Magikarp with his own inner turmoil. He had gone back to his family home after not seeing them for years, to find his family gone, for once, even after all the times he was by himself, he truly felt alone. “Mom?” he heard someone cry “Dad?”

He looked through the trees at where the noise had come from, an Azuril, crying on the ground, alone and lost. King Karp looked at her, a fellow Pokemon whom had lost her family, he felt a sudden urge to go to her, to comfort her, so that is what he did

“Hey” he said as he swam down the stream and into the ocean next to her “Are you lost? Do you need help?”
“I-ii-“ Azu stammered “I don't remember!” she began to cry

King Karp became worry “It’ll be ok” he said in a kind tone “you can come home with me, and maybe I can help you remember”

Azu gave a faint smile “Ok” she said “Thank you”

Last edited:
My character:
Name: kathleen
Species: leafeon
Personality: is cool with anything but if attacked she will turn around and fight 2x as hard.
Appearance: smaller then average but still stronger than average
Accessories: has a purple flower in hair (?)
Backstory (for pokemon pokemon who just appeared on the island, put cannot remember): Born and raised on island. She has no family after an incident with a fire pokemon group so she lives in a large tree by the shore.

Kathleen opened her eyes in a half asleep form. Above her was a canopy of leaves with sunlight filling though them. The leafeon closed her eyes again happy for the quiet day just as yelling woke her up. Kathleen shifted herself onto her feet and perked her ears up to try and locate the sound. She easily found the sound and located the maker to be a azuril. Kathleen was about to jump down to see what was going on before a shiny magikarp joined the pokemon. She watched as the Karp comforted the pokemon.

'Time for me' The leafeon though as she shifted her flower. Kathleen then jumped down the join the water pair. "Whats going on here?" She asked causally as she stopped in front of the water-types.

King Karp flinched, before realising Kathleen wasn't there to hurt them, but Azu was terrified, she leapt into the stream and swam under King Karp, hiding from Kathleen

"Don't worry, she isn't here to hurt you" King Karp assured Azu. He swam closer to Kathleen and in front of Azu protectively "are you?"

King Karp was ready to fight Kathleen to protect Azu, but knew that doing so would be a futile endeavour, two water types against a grass type. Still, he made sure Azu was out of the way of any attacks

Behind King Karp, many emotions were going through Azu's head. Fear, due to the sudden appearence of the Leafeon, Sadness and Confusion, as she tried to grasp at lost memories, and happiness that this Magikarp would risk his life for her

Meanwhile, King Karp was going through many of the same emotions, he was afraid of the threat the Leafeon posed, but was determined not to let it show. He hoped that the Leafeon was not there to attack him. He was confused as to why he was helping this Azuril whom he had just met, maybe it was the fact that they had both lost their family, or maybe it was just his kind heart, he did not know.

He repeated his question "why are you here?" He asked "are you friend, or foe?"

Across the island, a Slowking was sitting in a throne of Leaves and Twigs. "Sir, we discovered a way to beat the Pokemon that are grass, bug, ghost, or dark!" Said the blacksmith Slowpoke. "Remember those discs we found at the beach? That were dumped from a ship wreck? We realize this can teach our army different types of moves!" King put on his sunglasses. "Bring me the one you tested it on!" He demanded. "Yes sir!" The blacksmith Slowpoke answered. He started to walk slowly to the army across the small village. The King sipped some berry juice. "Whoa! He is walking the fastest any slowpoke ran at! .5 Miles Per Hour!" King said. "Oh and Slowpoke, release the Tracking Pidgeys!" A small cage was opened that allowed Pidgeys to fly around the island.

Marion floated by the sand, eyes resting on the waves. She was mesmerised by how gentle they were here, only softly lapping the sands of the island.

She cupped a stray shell with her sleeve like arms, adding it to her collection. Oh, and at some point, she would be forced into the water to feed. But not now. She could not face it right now.

Back at a treehouse a weird oshawott heard a cry. "Mom? Dad?" The Oshawott's name was Soul. "Hey Silver, did you hear that?" Soul asked his big brother (A shiny Dewott), Silver."Yeah, You heard it too?" Replied Silver. "Lets check it out, it came from the beach!" Soul said. The brothers climbed out of their treehouse and walked through the forest. They arrived on the beach and saw an Azurill talking to King Karp the Magikarp.

The blacksmith Slowpoke came back with a Slowbro. "So what, its a Slowbro!" King said. "Send this Slowpoke into the dungeon, for wasting my time!" The blacksmith Slowpoke flinched. "Wait, You did not see it yet!" The Slowpoke said. The Slowbro then used incinerate on the wall. There was a hole in the wall after the flames cleared. King laid back. "Yeah yeah, just do that to the rest of the army" He muttered. King fell asleep.

The Pidgeys found what was going on across the island. They stood on the tree house to watch how this was going to play out, and if they need to warn The King.

"Lets go check out was happening!" Soul said. Silver blocked him by using Razor Shell. "No, we must not interupt." Silver replied, "Lets go back to the tree house." The two started to head back. When they got back they had to shoo off some Pidgeys again. "Shoo you mean Pidgeys!" Said Soul. While they were climbing the ladder Soul saw a sleeping Slowking.

King woke up. He looked out the window of his fortress. "why is that Oshawott looking at me?" King then realized his throne was outside and that there was just a broken wall. "Oh that explains why the floor is sand." The Slowking said. He then used psychic on the chair to make it float back to his small fortress, and the small Slow village. When he arrived and put the throne where it belongs, he fell asleep again.

Dusk woke up in the quiet cave on the woven leaf mat he's always slep on. He walked past the dim fire, and moved a large rock, letting sunlight into the cave. He stretched as he walked down the steps that lead from the cave. He walked into the forest, and attempted getting a few trees to fall down.

When soul finished climbing the ladder he wanted to go to the beach. "Silver, Can i go to the beach?" Soul asked. "Sure, Little bro," replied silver. Soul saw a Pangoro and he waved. When he came to the beach the Azurill and King Karp were talking to a Leafeon. Soul walked up and said, "Hey King Karp what's going on?"

"I am not going to hurt you" Kathleen said after laughing. "And i am not a foe. I am more like a...." she started before stoping to think. "Actually i dont know. I am just here." Kathleen then sat down and shifted her head to the side. "Are yall a foe?" She asked flicking some water off her paw. just before another pokemon joined them.

The Pidgeys came back in groups. There were at least 20 of them and then they started to fly through the window of the tree house. Still annoyed the attempted to attack Silver.

Marion looked around. Other pokemon. Too many other pokemon. If she didn't hurry, they'd come closer and they'd see her.

She looked into the water. Well, now was as better a time as ever. The tragic irony of being a phantagua, a girl whom had become a pokemon after dying at sea, was that she now had to feed on salt water to stay alive. Every day, feeding was like living Marion's final moments, when the ocean had snatched her life away, and all she could do was sink and swallow salt water.

She submerged her body, and shut her eyes as she began to feed.

Back at the tree house Silver called out, "Razor Shell!" He swung his shell wildly, and then stopped and said, "We're sorry,O.k.? Leave us alone! Please! We won't do it again!"

The Pidgeys looked at him for a moment. The Pidgeys went into a corner and discussed the matter. They came walked up to Silver. "We have come to our choice." Said the lead Pidgey. " We decided, to not leave you alone." Then all the Pidgeys used whirlwind on Silver and started wrecking the Tree House.

Silver lept out of the tree house and yelled, "Somebody HEEEEEELP!!!" He grabbed a Club (He made out of a giant log for an emergancy) and started to whack Pidgeys with it. He also used Razor Shell.

Half of the Pidgeys were fighting off Silver, the rest were ruining the Tree House. They started throwing things out of the window and through the wall. Then one Pidgey found two sticks and a rock. He rubbed them together and started a mini fire. Most of the Pidgeys left, some remained fighting off Silver and destroying the Tree House.

Soul at the beach heard his brother's cry for help. "My Brother's in trouble! Iv'e got to go, bye!" Soul said to King Karp and the others. He rushed to the destroyed tree house and said "RAZOR SHELL!!" He started whacking Pidgeys too. He used water gun and drenched a pidgey and put out the fire. Pidgeys were dropping left and right.

Dusk dropped off the wood at the cave entrance, and decided to go have some beach time, unfortunately, it looked like someone was in trouble. He looked over to those 'wott's tree house, pidgey's were attacking it. Were they in trouble? He ran over, it was as he expected. Dusk plunged his fist into the ground, sending a shockwave of rocks hurdling at the pigdeys. They were just pidgys, shouldnt take much to defeat them.

The rest of the Pidgeys fled, except for the inured ones of course. One, before fainting said "give me your number and the contract to your land" Then it fainted.

Dusk looked over the majority of the fainted pidgys. He looked at the Dewott, and then the oshawott. "No problem." He remembered the wood he hauled back to the cave. "I can help, if you want." He said, getting ready to walk back to the cave. Maybe today was going to be a little diffrent. "But where did those pidgys come from..." he mumbled.

"That would be great, But you don't have too." Silver said, "Anyway, What's your name? I'm Silver, and this is my little bro, Soul." He looked at Soul.

"Names Dusk, i live in the cave right over there." he pointed. "Dont worry, I'd like to help, anyways, i need to go get something first." He replied. He wandered off back towards the cave. Later, he arrived. He looked around the inside, and picked up the wood he dropped off earlier, and walked back to them.

In the Slow Village, the residents drank from the stream that ran through their town. Of course all the water leaded to the King's indoor lake. But it still was fresh water. The Pidgeys soon came back to give the news. "King, we found a tree house." They said. "Great! Where is it?" asked King. They told him what happened. "No problem! We can take care of water types! wait, did you say there was a Dark type?" He asked. the Slowking had fear in his eyes. "This will be a problem. The only troops we have that can defeat them is, 2 Vileplums in the jail!" King decided that they need to defeat the Oshowott, Dewott, and Pangaroo to escape. He ordered the Pidgeys to do that. Suddenly the warning bells started to ring. There was a Mienfoo coming up from the side of the river. 5 Slowpokes, 4 Slowbros, 10 Pidgeys, and 2 Pidgeottos ready to defend their land from the potential threat.

Soul and Silver took a break from rebuilding and Silver said "Soul, we need to train. What if those Pidgeys come back with more forces, We wouldn't stand a Chance!" The brothers trained and trained. Silver found a disc and learned Waterfall. Soul found a different disc and learned Surf. They got back to rebuilding, Stronger.

The fainted Pidgeys woke up. "why are we here?" One asked. "We are here to get the land dummy!" The leader answered. The leader thought that they needed to get the general. They all did a whistle and waited for his arrival.

Build, Build, Build. That was all soul and silver could think about. then they finished. The tree house was as good as new. they were expecting the next attack at any moment.

"This looks better than before!" Dusk exclaimed while wiping the sweat off his brow. He heard a faint bell ringing in the distance. "Wait.. did annyone here that?" he whispered. He looked over the two pokemon, they trained while Dusk continued building the house, and then they came back to help build. "They're really going to be something when they grow up."

The Pidgeys that fainted got up and got ready to attack them. The bush rustled. "Ah general. Glad for you to join us!" They said as a Weedle came out of the bush. Then a Pidgeot followed by 20 Pidgeottos and 100 Pidgeys flew down and ate the Weedle. "You called?" said the massive bird. "Yes, they attacked us when we tried to attack them!" The lead Pidgey answered. "Alright! Battle formation!" Pidgeot called. The pidgeys and pidgeottos all got ready to fight.

King Karp and Azu watched the entire battle. "Whoa" King Karp whispered "that was intense"
During the fight he had been busy calming down Azu, and wasn't able to fight

He looked at the Pidgeys who remained, the ones who had been injured and left behind by their brethren, and felt utmost disgust that these Pidgey invaders would not only attack innocent Pokemon, but leave behind their own kind when things seemed bad.

"What happened?" Azu whispered to King Karp "Is it over yet?"
King Karp turned and looked at the terrified Azuril, and wondered just how scared she was. She had washed up on this island with no memory, and was instantly attacked by an army of Pidgey
King Karp made his decision, he would protect this Azuril with his life, whether it was out of pity, the kindness in his heart or just plain stupidity, King Karp did not know

He turned to the other "hey guys, don't forget about us!" He shouted "if those Pidgey come back I will help you fight, just promise me that this Azuril will not get caught in the crossfire!"

He turned back to Azu, and stared into her tear-filled eyes
"Th-thank you" she said quietly
"It's ok" King Karp replied "now be prepared, I am sure those Pidgey will return"

Dusk looked over to the gathering army. He got into a stance and laughed. "Anything for a friend in need, no matter how dire." he said. Now would be the time for then to learn another useful move. "If you've ever tried to smash a rock before, You'll know how HARD it is. And of course, those flying types are weak to Rock, Ice, and electric, so imagine that the pidgy is a rock!"

Marion shot herself out of the water. Finally, feeding time was over. She could go back to her home in the middle of the island.

She floated away from the water as fast as her wispy body could carry her, then through the trees, and just as soon as she was about to reach her driftwood and miscellaneous washed-up stuff from the sea house, she noticed an army of pidgeys conspiring against someone...Or something.

She fluttered by them, hoping that the rattle of her pearls wouldn't give her away...

"Now, some of you do not see the logic of leaving our troops behind, do you?" Asked Pidgeot. "well, do you know Retalliate? When a pokemon faints, this move is very strong. What happens, when 20 Pokemon faint? Well, you will not like what will happen next." A Farfetched walked up and used retaliate on Silver. The hit was very strong, and used up all of the strength that Farfetched had.

King Karp laughed, but his was a nervous one, he looked to the trees, and saw a parfect way to use bounce right into the midst of the battle
"Stay here and do not move!" He ordered Azu "unless I am beaten, then RUN! My house is just down the river"

He bounced off of a tree and onto an incoming Pidgey, knocking it back, from there, he bounced through the cloud of Pidgeys, knocking many back, before he was struck by a sudden Quick Attack

"Argh!" He shouted as he fell back down to the earth, now a fish on land, he was unable to move or gain the momentum needed to use bounce, he began to splash towards the stream but was surrounded by Pidgey, who Began to peck at him. He felt the Pidgey repeatedly jabbing at him, when he got an idea

"FLAIL SUCKAS!" He shouted, before suddenly splashing to one side, knocking a Pidgey back and giving him momentum, using that, he bounced again through the Pidgey army, before landing in the lake.

"Wow that took a lot out of me" he said to himself "I think I'll sit out the rest of the battle"