• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Island Academy

"Better be water proof watches" he laughed as he left the building. "Lets scout out the area an get familiar with this place Roy" he looked back at the rest of his classmates. "Anyone care to join me on an exploration of this island?" He offered to the others. While waiting for a response Donero cheaked out his Torchics stats.

NO WAY! It has Speed Boost as its ability. Thats so rare amongst Torchic that its almost considered Godly. It also has Low Kick, Heat Wave, Flame Burst, and Bounce. Nobody should expect this.

Last edited:
Ryan quickly checked his watch to see if he missed anything.
Looks like I skipped over a move...
"
Lily! Use Reflect!"
A shimmering barrier formed around the solosis and knocked the attacker back.

Last edited:
"Ha! You realize the faster you go here, the slower you become! Plus.... Hit him with the Psyshock! Now!" The projectiles zoomed at the Dratini and made contact.

"Psywave!" Xavier screamed. The sludge came out and ran head-on into the Dratini, which was still preparing the attack.
Ryan's smirk grew a bit wider at this.

"Awe!Good game...Just kidding." Max grinned.Doragon rushed out the smoke and headed towards the Solosis.But,Doragon crashed,hit a wall,and fainted.Max frowned.

Ryan saw his watch ding as the Trick Room faded. His BP count went up to 9.
"Good match as well. Your pokemon did well, as did you. Now, I'm going to buy some pokeballs and explore this place. Wanna come?" Ryan asked as he walked over to Lily.
Wow, that was really tense! I hope that happens again.

"Eh...I'll come along," Max said,"But first,I wanna go heal up Doragon."Max walked over to the injured Dratini and picked it up with care

"Be right back!" He told Ryan and ran off to the Pokemon center.

"Wait up! I need to go and heal up and buy stuff an-" Ryan shouted before being picked up and carried by a Psywave, made by Lily. The doors opened and the Psywave vanished, leaving me, Max, and our pokemon inside the center.

Max gave the Dratini to nurse Joy.Nurse Joy examined the Dratini.

"Just a second," She told Max.He was out of breath.When he looked up,he saw Ryan.

"Well look who arrived." Max said.

"Woah... this is so much bigger than the ones in Unova!" Ryan said as he wandered over to the cashier. He bought an Ultra ball, leaving him with 4 BP. He healed up Lily in a smaller healing station and walked over to Max. "Are you ready?" Ryan asked.

"Let's go catch some pokemon then!" Ryan yelled, running to a map. "Where to go first, though? Maybe we should go check that spooky forest. I bet there are plenty of Ghost types!"

"The island can be traversed via warp buttons on your watches." Ryan read aloud. Ryan pressed the button on the watch and was sent to a platform in the forest. Lily came out of her ball, and hid behind Ryan wheh she realized where they where.

No wonder she's scared. I would be as well if I were a Solosis.

"We'll be ok girl, we are just coming in to look around and maybe find a new partner. Now we just need to wait for Max and we can find some new pokemon. Look, I think there might be something over there!" Ryan said, bounding with excitement. He quickly ran over to the brush after grabbing Lily.

Max would look around the island looking.He looked in the hot wastelands,the sandy beaches.But,he finally found Ryan in the forest.

"Found you," Max said to Ryan

I hate that teleporting!

Ryan heard Max teleport behind him. He turned around from investigating and invited him over to come look around.

"Place looks pretty cool, right? What are you hoping to find here?" Ryan asked as he wandered around the large opening in the middle of the forest.

Free transportation? I'm not complaining. Plus, I'll probably trip anyway if I were walking.
However, Lily looked worried, but reluctantly followed the two boys in search for a new friend.
I wonder what I will find? A Gastly, maybe a Haunter? Shuppet?

Max looked he saw a Pokemon that didn't interest him like a Oddish or a Ledyba.He continued to look around and he finally found two of his favorite Pokemon together.Duskull and Shuppet,the Hoenn ghosts,the skull and the puppet.

"Doragon,we're going to have two new friends," Max told Doragon and the battle begun.

Ryan noticed Max engage in a battle with two ghost-types from Hoenn. He told Lily to engage in battle but not to attack.

"Reflect! Light Screen!" Two screens appeared and protected the two pokemon, both of them glowing a light purple.

"Okay.Doragon!Hit 'em with a dragon rush on the Shuppet!" Max commanded.

Please don't faint,please don't faint!

Doragon hit the ghost type with the dragon rush and the Shuppet seemed hurt,but not fainted yet.Max had a Pokeball he had before he came to the island.He hurled it at the Shuppet and hoped for the best.

Huh? Guess nobody will be joining me on this adventure.

"Come on Roy, lets climb that volcano just you an me." Torchic chirped and hopped around with glee. "I dont want to use the teleporter tho, that wouldnt be any fun and i wouldnt see much of the island so lets get walking." Donero began walking with his Torchic beside him he beat 3 pokemon, a Budew, a Silcoon, and a Beedrill. After that he found a PokèMart and bought 1 Ultraball.

Donero noticed that his Torchic had gotten weaker after fighting the wild Beedrill.

Could it have been poisoned!!! I need to find a Pokemon Centre or an antidote ASAP.

"Do you sell Antidotes here." He asked in a hurry. The shop keeper replied with a no and an apology but Donero rushed out the doors of the PokèMart before the shop keeper could finish while returning Roy to its Pokèball.

The pokeball shook.1 shake....2 shakes....3 shakes....Got it!He didn't have any pokeballs left,so he had to beat the Duskull.

"Doragon use dig,then come up and use dragon rush on the Duskull!" Max yelled.Doragon dived into the ground and next thing you know,the Dratini came up and made the Duskull faint.Max ran over to his pokeball and picked it up.

"Got it..." He whispered to himself.

Timothy had watched the two battle with their pokémon. He had observed the fight to learn how the others fought. He decided to walk into the pokémart to buy additional items for his adventure before heading off. Then, he saw Donero rushing out of the pokemart. He assumed something had happened to his pokémon, but he could teleport to the pokécenter with ease, so he paid no heed. Timmy bought an oran berry, leaving him with only three BP now. He gave it to Turtwig, who withdrew himself into his shell and left the oran berry there for future use.

Timmy would then walk towards the Volcano, the same place Nero went. On the way, he allowed his Turtwig to use Giga Drain multiple times on the pokémon that crossed their paths. So that Turtwig would be in perfect condition when they found a pokémon Timothy wanted to catch. Timothy eventually had enough of walking and simply pressed a button on his watch, making him teleport to the entrance of a cave in the volcano. ''Don't hold back, you're at a disadvantage here.'' Timmy said to his partner pokémon, who let out an excited growl. There were a lot of Geodudes, Larvesta, Darumaka and pokémon of the sort walking around in the cave. Living on their lives, as the trainer didn't stop them from doing their daily tasks.

Timothy didn't go too far into the cave, fearing the much stronger pokémon that reside there. Rare pokémon must be called rare for a reason... The boy thought, as he approached a wild Darumaka. ''Turtwig, watch out for any fire attacks. Start off with leech seed.'' The pokémon's head and feet retracted into the shell, Out of the holes in the shell, six green balls came out and flew towards the Darumaka. Leaves came out of the six balls and connected them. The darumaka got hit by the net of leaves, which became slightly smaller to fit around the Darumaka. Darumaka's health was slowly being absorbed by the Turtwig.

The Darumaka decided he had to fight back for his own survival, thus the pokémon rolled forward towards the Turtwig to get closer before the red pokémon's teeth burst into flames, the pokémon biting the Turtwig's head, causing a lot of damage due to the type advantage. The Darumaka kept his teeth on the Turtwig, who tried to shake the Darumaka off. The pokémon suffered damage faster than he healed damage from the leech seed.

''Turtwig, use Giga Drain.'' Timothy said. The net around the Darumaka shined brightly as a decent chunk of health was taken away from the fire pokémon and added upon the Turtwig's health. The Darumaka also let go of the Turtwig, and waited a bit to get back to senses.

Quickly, Timothy threw a pokéball at the weakened Darumaka. The pokéball hit the small, red pokémon on the head as the pokémon turned into lighter red light that got absorbed into the pokéball. The pokéball wiggled once.... Once again... And one final time, making a clicking sound to confirm capture. Timothy would then teleport back to the academy to heal his pokémon at the healing area/pokémon center area.

When he was done, Timothy looked at his total BP on his pokéwatch, he now had five Battle Points again, as he caught a new pokémon. The boy walked outside and sat down on a bench, waiting for others to come so he could see what they caught, if they did catch any pokémon.

Ryan walked away from Max and saw some rustling from a bush.

"Lily, we need to sneak up on it! Use trick room!" Ryan whispered. The Solosis just looked at him, confused.
Must have forgot it.... I'll just grab the TM later.
"Try a Psyshock! Now!" Ryan yelled, startling the Pokemon and making it come out of a bush. It was orange, with a teal plasma surrounding it.

"What's that Pokemon?" Ryan asked as his watch scanned it.

Rotom, eh? So it can posses appliances. Sounds really cool.

"Lily! Psywave!" Ryan commanded.
Purple sludge came out and sped at the Rotom. It gathered electricity from the air and shot it at the sludge. Both attacks collided and the lighting previaled. Lily's gelatinous body took the attack with minimal damage.
"Make it stronger! Psyshock!" Xavier yelled. Chunks of psychic energy flew forward and hit the ghost, followed by an Ultra ball.

1..2...Click!

"I think I will call you...

Zeus."

Last edited:
Dashing out the PokèMart, Donero decided not to use the teleport because he was so close to reaching his destination and tested his luck.

He caught a glimpse of Timmy as they passed eachother in the doorway he figured he was also heading to the Volcano since the PokéMart they were at was relatively close to the area. About 30 minutes went by since he was last at the PokèMart and came across a berry field absolutely covered in berries all around the bottom of the volcano he managed to find Sitrus berries, Oran berries, and most importantly Pecha berries.

"Yes!" He shouted in triumph "I knew i wouldnt need to use this thing so soon." He said looking at his watch. "Oh shoot!" He screached remembering why he went through all this hassle in the first place. "Here you go buddy" the Torchic was very weak an tired, it almost fainted in the Pokèball it had been so long but he powered through it like a trooper. "Their you are, all nice and healthy." Donero said smiling as the small fire chick scarfed down the Pecha berry and an Oran berry. "And i still have 20 more of each berry, here hold on to this Sitrus berry Roy, it will come in handy."

Donero walked around the base of the volcano looking for an entrance, when he finally found it he rushed in passed every Pokèmon in his way and he turned a corner and saw Timmy picking up a Pokèball and using his teleporter to get out of the heated environment. "Its a good thing im use to this kind of heat." He said laughing remembering his time back in Lavaridge Town and its dreadful heat. "We cant just let him catch something and get ahead of us now can we Roy?" He picked up his Torchic and rushed deeper into the depths of the volcano. He came across a sign that read (DO NOT PASS THIS POINT! Dangerous Pokèmon and unfit temperature ahead!) but of course, he didnt listen and contiued to venture farther into the cave.

He found many rare and intriguing Pokèmon, but not the one he was looking for he found Charmanders, Chimchars, Growlith, even Magmars! He reached a closed of area in the volcano and went inside. Upon entry he was greated with an instant Headbutt to the gut. "Gaaaah" he cried out when he got to his feet the one he was looking for was staring him dead in the eyes........a Bagon. "Quickly Roy, Low Kick!" The Torchic swiftly sprinted towards the Bagon and swept it off its feet. "Now, before it gets up use Bounce and slam down on top of it!" The Torchic sprang into the air getting ready to land onto the downed Bagon when it opened its mouth and let lose a Dragon Rage. Torchic was being shot up to the roof of the cave by the immense force of this Bagons attack. "No, Roy!" He cried out to his partner.

Please have eaten the berry Roy, PLEASE!

Once the smoke cleared from Torchic and the Dragon Rage hitting the ceiling
Donero spotted Roy coming down witch the force of a hundred little chickens and slammed into the Bagon
with Bounce. "Great job! See i told you that berry would come in handy. Now hit it again, Flame Burst!" Roys entire body heated up and let lose an intense flame tht engulfed the Bagon. "Now move Roy i gotta throw the ball." With the speed from its Speed Boost ability it quickly moved from the Bagon to its trainers side. "Gooooo Ultraball!" He tossed it with a curve just to look flashy and to his surprise it hit and with a stream if red light the Pokèmon vanished into the ball for what seemed like forever.

Now, the moment of truth.... One shake............... Two shakes.............. Three.......... Click!

"Oh man, that was a heated experiance haha." He laughed and picked up his newly caught Pokèmon. "Alright Roy, even i know i cant walk back through here, and you're in no shape for another battle. Guess were gonna have to T-port back to the P.C and get you healed huh?" He said hitting the teleport button on his Pokèwatch. He saw Timmy waiting on a bench. When he materialized he waved to his fellow classmate and walked over to the P.C to catch a break.

Last edited:
Ryan sent out his new Pokemon, Zeus. They were still a bit startled, but the Pokemon calmed down after Ryan explained what happened. They looked oddly... Accepting? Ryan didn't delve very deep into how Pokeballs worked. Maybe it made the Pokemon more friendly to trainers. Ryan didn't ponder it and instead warped them all to the PKMN center.
He walked in and noticed some of his friends there, all of them with a new Pokemon.
"Hey guys!"Ryan said." What are you doing?"

Timmy had let Darumaka and Turtwig out of their pokéballs, letting them play with eachother while he was lost in thought. He noticed Donero and nodded at him, to show he saw Nero and greeted him back. He was just outside the pokécenter, so Ryan was probably only talking to Nero.

Timothy thought about the battle he saw before, and the pokémon the others had. He was creating various strategies to go against them, simulating the battles in his head. He checked the pokédex function on the pokéwatch he had. It had automatically recorded the pokémon Timmy had seen, and revealed their species, names, heights, weights, type(s) and a description of the pokémon.

MEANWHILE...

Olliver Saturn was sleeping in the middle of an assembly. The other teachers, who had a planet as last name, didn't seem to mind this. They were used to it, it seems. They did gossip behind his back. The Principal was at the head of the table, his first name was unknown, but his last name was Galaxy. Principal Galaxy was observing the children from a large screen that showed what everyone was up to. The whole island was covered with surveillance cameras.

Donero turned around at the sound of a persons voice while Nurse Joy healed his Pokèmon. "Oh, hey........." He had completly forgot this guys name.

Just play it cool and maybe he wont notice that i forgot his name.... Did he even tell me his name?........Did i tell him my name!?!?, huuuuuh this is such a drag.

Donero had a blank look on his face while he was collecting his thoughts. Nurse Joy simply left his fully healed Pokèmon on the counter because he had spaced out and didnt hear her call his name about 4-5 times. "S-Sorry i didnt catch your name." He said with an awkward smile "or i completely forgot it"

When everyone had headed off on their own ways, Sage and Brandi headed to the Pokecenter, it was a gamble, she thought, but she went through with it anyways, buying two Pokeballs and one Pecha berry, and leaving her completely broke with zero BP. Leaving the center, she gave Brandi a brief peptalk.

"Alright Brandi, we've got some tough competition ahead of us whether we like it or not. We're stuck here, but that's not so bad, hey? It just means we've gotta get you up-to-snuff with battling, if you want to of course." The Snover nodded, sticking her hand out to shake. Sage was a little surprised with the human gesture, but took her coarse, pine-needled hand in her own nonetheless, bringing it up and down gently. "So, from what I can tell, this thing here is supposed to teleport us places. If we've got a shot at this academy, we've gotta get some team coverage." She brought her watch down to Brandi's level so she could see. "So the rock crags are just beyond this forest here, and I think that's where we could find some rock or fighting types. What'dya say we take a walk through the forest, let you battle what we find, and if you're still feeling it by the time we get to the crags, we can try and catch a teammate?" Brandi seemed to agree, and so the two set off into the woods.

Four-score and an Oddish later, Brandi was taking down just about every grass type they encountered. However, there was a Weepinbell who wouldn't go down so easy, and retaliated her ice shards with a spray of poisonous spores. It went down quickly enough after that, though Brandi wasn't looking so good.

"Well, looks like the Pecha berry was a good decision after all." Sage handed it off to her woozy Pokemon, who popped it in her mouth, looking spry as ever not long after. "I don't want any more close scrapes like that again." It was somewhat late in the afternoon, and Sage didn't want to go home empty handed. "Rock crags it is. We'll see what we can find, and pack up and head back to the academy afterwards." Holding Brandi close, the duo teleported the rest of the short way to the crags, taking caution around the rough landscape. A bit of walking later, and she was getting disappointed. No sign of anything, until, drinking out of a cloudy puddle of water, the single yellow dot of a Scraggy stood, looking left and right for signs of anyone or anything as it did so.

"Brandi, get up behind it, and hit with blizzard." She whispered, holding tight so not to lose her footing. The Snover obeyed, but didn't realize that she wasn't exactly the stealthiest Pokemon around. The frightened Scraggy caught on before the icy wind even touched him, dodging out of the way and countering with a brick break. By now, it was mad, and Sage's idea to catch a type Brandi was weak to suddenly wasn't the best idea. Brandi hit with an ice shard, and the nimble attack did catch the Scraggy upside the head, but that just made it even angrier. The Pokemon tucked in its head in a position to charge as it prepared for a head smash. If it hit Brandi, there was no way she could withstand it after the brick break.

"Brandi! Put it to sleep with grass whistle!" Sage called, just as the Scraggy began its charge. Brandi whistled softly, gradually growing in volume as her opponent lost speed, slowing down as it flopped to the floor. "Now! Grass hammer!"

Brandi raises both of her fists with the last of her strength, leaping into the air and bringing down all of her weight atop the sleeping Scraggy, and Sage was quick to follow up with a Pokeball. Her heart stopped as the ball rocked once, twice, and then with the slightest audible "click," she new that it had worked. Not caring about her footing anymore, she slid down the rock slope, falling to the ground but still to excited to register. Seeing as Brandi was hardly conscious anymore, she called her back, picking up her new teammate's Pokeball. Holding one in each hand, she spoke to the recalled Pokemon, though she doubted they could here her.

"Nice work, buddy." She slid Brandi's Pokeball back into her pocket. "And hello to you, Joey." She said to the other, teleporting back to the center with both in tow.

"Why hello their Ryan, plesure to meet ya!" He said grabbing Ryans hand when he felt a slight tickle on his hand. It took him a moment to understand what it was. "Ohhhh. Is that one of those joy buzzer things?" He said with a laugh. "You're gonna need to do better than that if you want to get a reaction out of me."I took this punks full force Headbutt to the stomach." He began gesturing towards his Bagon as he brought it out of its Pokèball. "Sorry, not much else can compare to that kind of shocking pain to be honest haha." He left the Pokèmon Centre with his Pokèmon and a "Try harder next time, Ryan!"

Last edited:
Ryan understood his failure.
Try a little harder? That was the lowest setting! Anyway....

"Where do we go next? He asked to his Pokemon. "You're both weak to dark-types, so how about we go find a fighting-type?" Both of the circular Pokemon nodded. Ryan put them into their pokeballs, bought a new one, and went off to go find some Pokemon.

Where will I find them, though?

With Brandi and Joey rested up, Sage was exiting the Pokemon center right after Ryan. Seeing this as an opportunity to get to know one of her classmates, she called out to him.

"Hey! It was... Ryan right? You off to go catch another Pokemon? Neat Rotom by the way."

"Thanks! I was thinking of heading to the junkyard to have it possess something, but I am afraid my pokemon will get poisoned.
I was actually going to that wasteland to catch a fighting-type as well. I heard you went over there, what did you do?" Ryan questioned as his pokemon played.
He quickly bought a pokeball for the next 'mon he encountered.

"Those rock formations all around the junkyard are pretty rough. Brandi got poisoned a bit earlier too. Maybe I could come with you? Two heads are better than one, and besides, I bet there's all kinds of neat stuff in the junkyard. As for what I was up to, why don't I show you?" Sage pulled the new Pokeball from her pocket, buying a replacement for the one spent on Joey. Speaking of which, she was admittedly more than a bit nervous about letting him out. She and Brandi saw firsthand what kind of temper a Scraggy can have, but hey, if Ryan could tame a Rotom just like that, then she could handle Joey's potential wrath.

"This is Joey, our second teammate." She smiled proudly, releasing the flash of red light from the ball as it materialized on the ground. The Scraggy was confused no doubt, turning in every direction to try and figure out the change in scenery, before setting his gaze on Sage and Ryan. "Hey buddy," she tried sweetly, "I'm your new trainer now, and this is my classmate, Ryan." That information was enough for the Scraggy, and he shrugged in acceptance of the news.

Sage blinked, "I... guess that worked? I expected him to be a bit more riled up about just being captured and all."