• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Island Academy

Current Roleplayers: @iVynm, @RobbyK , @Ranstar, @Lone Marshmellow, @AgrarianAtlas, @Sciencewars , @Nero21

Important Information

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean, far away from any civilization, there lies a large island. The island had a volcano in the middle, with a cave inside of the volcano. Large wastelands and grasslands. Most importantly, there was an academy north of the island. A large building, resembling a pokemon center with it's pokéball like colors, with a farm at the back and several battle arenas at the sides stood there. On the island there were several arenas, all in favour to certain types of pokemon. Within the volcano, inside the cave, there was an arena made for Fire types. At the sea, above the water was an arena made for water types. At a wasteland there was an arena for ground and rock types, etc.

Several people without pokemon across the world were invited to this school, because of their potential. They would receive a package which contained some sort of watch, a letter and a single pokéball with their starter pokémon in it. The watch had a few functions. One was to check the time, obviously. A function which returned you to the pokemon center if your pokemon was low on health, and a pokédex which would create holograms. The moment one would touch the watch, it would automatically be equipped to your body and you, along with the pokéball would be teleported to the Island, right in front of the academy, along with your partner pokemon. The watch had a built-in trainer card which had registered your information. Nothing private though. It also showed the amount of Battle Points one possessed.

At this school, the trainers will have classes occasionally. Most of the time, they will be free to roam and explore around the island filled with wild pokémon. The currency on this island is Battle Points (BP). Whenever you win a fight against a trainer you get Three BP. Whenever you catch a pokémon you get Two BP. Attending classes will get you one BP.

Students sleep at the academy, each student has their own room. There is a cafetaria where one can eat and drink, a healing machine with a Nurse Joy and a pokémart inside.

Full Functions of the PokéWatch:
Pokédex, Teleportation, Time, Calling others, Item storage system, shows the amount of BP you have

EVERYONE STARTS WITH 5 BP, DON'T USE IT FOR ANYTHING ILLEGAL!

Pokéball: 2 BP (35% Catch Rate)
Greatball: 3 BP (50% Catch Rate)
Ultra Ball: 5 BP (75% Catch Rate)
Potion: 2 BP
Super Potion: 4 BP
Berries: 1 BP
Antidote, Paralyze Heal, Burn Heal, etc. : 2 BP each.
TMs: 10 BP
~More to be added soon~

Move tutor costs 15 BP to use

Character Skeleton:
Name:
Starter Pokémon: (No Duplicates, must be a pokemon with an evolution, no legendaries, starts at base form. No generation six pokémon. No Fakemon)
Looks: How your character looks
History: (A little bit about your past)

The teachers will be roleplayed by me, unless I approve of others to roleplay as a teacher in my absence. Evolutions, Stage 2 or higher pokémon encounters are done by me until further notice.

The trainers can do multiple encounters a day, but only ONE capture per day.

Name: Timothy ''Timmy'' White
Starter Pokemon: Turtwig
Looks: Straight, dark-brown hair. Red Shirt with a black jacket over it and jeans.
History: Timothy was from Goldenrod City in Johto. He was always interested in pokémon but never got the chance to receive one. The professor's lab was pretty far aswell, so he just stayed home. One day, he received a package, when taking the watch from the package, he got teleported to an island, right in front of an academy with his starter, Turtwig next to him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Timothy was the first one to arrive at the island and academy, and got himself informed about the place before standing outside and waiting for other people to come. He checked his watch, which revealed how many Battle Points he had. He decided to buy a pokéball for future use, leaving him with only three BP. ''Now we wait, can't go catching pokémon before anyone else is here, that'd be unfair.'' Timmy said as he waited in the cafetaria, drinking some hot chocolate while eating a muffin.

Last edited:
Name: Aren
Starter Pokemon: Mudkip
Looks: Short, brown-haired kid, with large muscles, but slightly large legs for running. Wears white sweatshirt with a hood on it, black shorts, white beanie and shoes.
History: Aren grew up in a cabin on a remote island somewhere off the coast of the Hoenn Region. There was a hughe mountain in the center of it, and Aren loved climbing it everyday, therefore gaining his muscles and dexterity. One day as he was running home from his school he stopped to check the mail, and he noticed the only thing in it was a package with his name on it.

Aren woke up standing in front of a huge building with a white and red theme to it, almost making it look like a giant pokeball. He stood there for a minute completely oblivious to the new watch on his wrist and the Mudkip at his side, until he heard "Kip?". He jumped and did a little shout as he had obviously not noticed it before. In order to see what it's true motive for being there was he took a few steps forward, and it followed him. So he thought this must be the Pokemon that was in the pokeball "All righty Mudkip, let's go explore!"

Name: Robert O'Connor
Starter Pokémon: Abra
Looks: Lean, slightly fit. Long dark brown shaggy hair. About 5'10". Wears a red v neck shirt and black shorts that go just below the knees. Has the outline of a Pikachu tail tattood on his left wrist just under his palm.
History: "Robby" ,as he's usually called, grew up in Littleroot town from the Hoenn region. He lived with aunt since his mother died giving birth and his father is in the military. He got the tattoo on his wrist at the age of 15, to represent his mom since Pikachu was her first Pokémon.

Robby walked down stairs, seeing his Aunt holding a package. "This is for you." She nodded. She placed it on the diner table where Robby stood over it curiously before tearing open the box, pulling out a pokeball, a battle card, and a watch. "What's this?" Hs curiously asked. "Is this some sort of wa-" suddenly he vanished.

Robby awoke somewhere unfamiliar in front of a large building. He looked to his left to see the same pokeball but it was opened. He looked around a small bit before seeing an Abra to his right, sitting and meditating. "Where are we..." he wondered.

As Aren walked along the path, he heard a little scruffing on the floor, so he turned around and saw a boy slightly older than him standing there looking at an Abra, what looked to be meditating, on the floor next to him. "Hey there." he called out to him.

Timothy noticed two new arrivals as he looked out of the cafetaria's windows. He put his empty pokéball in his pocket and walked outside with his Turtwig. He let a hand run through his brown hair as he stopped near the two others. He heard Aren's greeting which was aimed at Robert, but he decided to respond to it. ''Hey.'' He said, walking closer to them. Turtwig immediately dashed towards the two pokémon out of curiosity, wanting to play with them.

Timmy crossed his arms. ''What's up? My name is Timothy. You can call me Timmy, or Tim. You guys seem to have met your pokémon aswell.'' He said, raising his hand near his chin in interest. ''Hmm...'' He looked at his watch and pressed a button to activate the Pokédex function. A hologram of both the Mudkip and Abra appeared on his watch. Two screens, one for each pokémon also appeared, revealing information about the two pokémon. ''An Abra and a Mudkip...'' He said as he read the information carefully.

(OOC: No need to rush things, take your time and write a longer post, please.)

Timothy nodded at the boy which seemed younger than him, judging by size. ''Yep, I asked for some information as I got here, feel free to ask any questions you may have. While I don't know everything about this island, I do know a few things.'' He said, Turtwig would be poking Mudkip with his nose, trying to get it's attention before doing the same to Abra. Timothy looked behind him to see if anyone else were to appear.

"Hey, do you know why we're here? Cuz' I didn't get a heads up or anything and I was wondering if you did. Oh, and have you seen anyone besides us, like at all. This is all starting to get a little weird," and that's when he started to take in the island as a whole. There was a huge volcano in the center surrounded by large jungles, deserts, and what looked to be a wasteland on the far side. "Wow guys, have you seen the actual island, I mean cuz' this is crazy"

Last edited:
Timothy scratched the back of his head. ''Well, I saw a map in the pokémon center inside of the academy, the Volcano is probably the first thing one would notice. It's a pretty cool place. And you two are the only people I've seen so far. I wonder when the teachers are gonna start their introduction and all, maybe once more people are here.'' Timothy said as he sat on the ground. He yawned as he pet Turtwig on the head. ''I hope we can start battling soon.''

"How will our guardians know where we are? I just sort of vanished in front of my aunt.." he explained as the Abra got up, and walked over to his new trainer, sort of shy of the other Pokémon. He took a seat on Robby's lap, seeming to already trust and like his trainer before ever being spoken a word to by him. "Uh. Well I'm assuming the Abra is mine." He said, patting the small Pokémon in the head. "Oh, and my name is Robby. I came from the Hoenn region."

''I assume they will receive some sort of letter from the principal or something. I'm from Johto. Nice to meet you. How about we have a free for all battle to make time pass? Or just grab a bite to eat at the cafetaria.'' He said as Turtwig jumped onto his lap, Timmy petting the turtle pokémon, sighing. ''I wonder when other people will stay popping up.'' He begun whistling.

"Lets start battling to get a good introduction to our pokemon's abilities. Because if we have to do it later, it'd be a great opportunity to test our pokemon's skills."

Last edited:
"Wanna battle, Abra?" Robby asked his new companion, who sat in silence for a little whIle before hopping to his feet and standing boldy, still the whole time without saying a word. "Guess that settles it." Robby stood up, "Battle it is!" He stood behind Abra, checking out the competition and thinking of a strategic plan to overcome his opponents.

"Tackle huh? Abra let's show why you're such a hard catch. Use teleport!" Before being reached by the charging Mudkip, Abra dissappeared from his location and appeared behind Mudkip, "Psybeam attack!" Abra drew in energy and unleashed a ray of psychic energy hurtling towards his opponent.

"Nice shot, but now let's counter with water gun!" Mudkip opened his mouth and a jet of water sprayed from it towards Abra.

The two attacks collided, as Abra quickly moved towards the left of the collision. "Hit it again, pal!" Abra unleaded another ray of psychic energy aimed at his foe. "Now teleport again! Stray away from the Mudkip!" Abra dissappeared again within his psychic powers and reappeared some distance away.

Timothy sat on the ground watching the battle. He decided it's too late to join in and would just memorize techniques now and strategize for future battles. Turtwig was climbing a tree.

"Alright wait Mudkip.....now go!" Mudkip waited for the beam to get close to him and jumped at the last minute, making the beam fade harmlessly against the rock behind him "Now Mudkip counter with water gun!"

The small blast of water struck Abra on the right shoulder, causing him to twirl before thudding against the ground. He quickly got back to his feet, rubbing his shoulder waiting on a new command. "Pick him up with Psychic!"

Abra's eyes began to glow a bright white, slightly pink color as he outstretched his arms, focusing on Mudkip. As he began to draw in energy, he prepared to surround Mudkip with psychic energy.

Name: Sage McCarthy
Starter Pokemon: Snover
Looks: Standing at 5' 4'', her roughly cropped, shoulder length, caramel-colored hair gives her a rugged and tired look. She's kind at heart, evident from the look in her light brown eyes, but often finds herself exasperated and exhausted with the scenarios she finds herself in.
History: Sage didn't like growing up in the dusty, deadbeat town of Driftveil, but home is home, and when her package came in the mail, the last thing she wanted to do was go off on a Pokemon journey, despite pressures from her mom to do so. Little did she know that she wouldn't have a choice.

She'd opened the package. Although staring at it in front of her, trying to understand why it was there, she wished that she didn't. Sure, she hated Driftveil as much as the next guy, but would life as a vagrant be any better? First things first, she ought to look at the packages contents a bit more closely. There was a watch, maybe it had some sort of identification on it. The package had to be a mistake, right?
As Sage's consciousness starting fading back in, she looked up at the grand academy before her. The smell of fresh pine and snow met her senses, and she looked down to see that there was a Snover in her lap, looking up at her expectantly. With a brief cry of shock, she stood up, while the Snover just kept staring at her expectantly. "So, are you mine?" She croaked, still confused and groggy as if she had just woken up. The little Pokemon just nodded, rubbing against her leg lovingly. Sage saw her wrist, which now had the watch from before firmly strapped to it. With a little bit of experimentation, she accessed the PokeDex function, which declared that the Snover was female. "So uh," she said awkwardly, "guess I'll call you Brandi?" With no qualms from the Pokemon, she motioned for Brandi to follow her towards the sound of voices nearby. With two boys facing off in battle and a third one watching, she was swept up with relief that she wasn't alone.

"Heya," she called, "don't mean to interrupt, but uh, where are we?"

Timothy was watching the battle, he noticed Sage in the distance and walked up to her. ''From what I've been told, we are on an island with an academy. We'll be learning how to train our pokémon, how to battle, and even more.'' He scratched the back of his head. ''Oh sorry for my rudeness, my name is Timothy White. You can call me Timmy.'' With that said, he looked back at the battle.

A large man, standing at around 6'7'' walked up to the teenagers. He had straight, red hair, wore a sweater and baggy pants. ''You just arrived here, why are you in such a hurry to use your pokémon?'' The man said, people could notice he was slightly annoyed. ''Return your pokémon, please. Follow me.'' The man waited for everyone to get ready to go before he left towards the red-roofed building. The place where your pokémon could be healed, where you could exchange your battle points, eat, sleep, take classes, etc. He turned to the group upon arriving in front of the building. ''Alright, this place is set to be the ''spawn''. When your team gets defeated, or you decide to run away from a wild pokémon, you get teleported in front of this building.'' He counted the student. ''Four people... More should appear eventually.'' The man said as he waited for any questions.

Timothy simply followed the man as he was told. He looked up at the large, redheaded man. ''Excuse me, sir, but are you a teacher here?''

The man nodded. ''My name is Olliver Saturn. That is Mr.Saturn to you kids.'' Olliver said as he continued waiting.

Name: Ryan Parsnik
Starter: Solosis(F)
Looks: Very short. Like, he's mistaked as being 10 most of the time. Seen wearing stupid tee-shirts, glasses and flip-flops. Hair dyed a bright teal.
History: Raised in Oplucid City, Ryan saw many Pokemon. He wanted to have one of his own, but he he felt he wasn't ready. The most he ever learnt was the basics from his parents and how to heal them from Joy. When the package arrived, he felt this was his chance, and went off with his parents supporting him and saying goodbye.

--------------------------------------------------

Ryan woke up with his face in the dirt. He got up and looked around to find a Pokeball on the ground. As he went to open it, he saw a watch on his wrist. He ignored it for now and pressed the button on the ball. Out came.. A circle? As the light faded, Ryan saw a face surrounded a jelly-like substance. "A Solosis?" Ryan thought to himself, having seen one before with a trainer. "I think I'll call you.... Lily." The Pokemon nodded the best it could. Ryan dusted himself off and walked to the nearest building, where a group stood.

Name: Donero Fuego
Starter Pokémon: Shiny Torchic (male and has the ability speed boost)
Looks: Average hight with semi-long silver/platinum hair with a hint of red with slightly redish eyes. Wears a black trench coat that has a purple waist tie and red timmings under the trench coat is a purple t-shirt and he wears light grey jeans with black boats.
History: Lives in the very ashy town of Lavaridge in the Hoenn region. He lives with his mother Flannery who explodes at any little thing he does. One day he saw the mailman about to knock on the door and he was carrying a package so he rushed down stairs swung the door open and grabbed the package from the mans hands just to turn around and have the his mother staring him dead in the eyes. "so i see it finally arrived hmm?" She said begining to smile "you knew about this? What is it" Donero said with a surprised face "your big chance" with that he tore open the package and saw the contents of the box. He quickly gazed over the letter that was inside and was pleased to hear he was chosen for such a great program but what he didnt understand was where his pokemon went to. "Whats wrong hot stuff!" Flannery said with a grin "i was supposed to recieve a Pokemon in here but its disappeared." Flannery went and got a Pokeball from her room "i was savimg this for when i thought the time was right" she smiled "so i asked the academy to not send you a Pokemon so i can pass this down to you.........." She shed a tear of happiness and Donero strapped on his watch and left.

Donero arrived at the academy with his pokemon in its pokeball and he wondered where he needed to go and what to do. He could hear a commotion coming from up ahead he rushed over in a hurry. He had found people following a red haired man and followed silently without being noticed by the others. He wasnt much of the shy type but he felt like he didnt belong their the other trainers looked pretty tough so he stayed silent and out of sight as much a possible.

Last edited:
Name: Max Naku
Starter Pokémon: Male Dratini named Doragon
Looks: His hair is neon green with black tips.He wears mostly hoodies.When he's not wearing a hoodie,he's wearing long sleeves with floral designs on them.He also wears joggers and high tops a lot.And most of the time,he wears thick-rimmed glasses and silver bracelets.
History: Max was raised in Blackthorn City in Johto,he was surrounded by dragon types.He adored dragon types and raised them with his family.When he was judged in the Dragon's Den,he was worthy to obtain and tame dragon types. He got a dratini and named it Doragon.When he fought Clair for fun once,she criticized him for not doing damage to her dragon.To be honest,he was gentle and never wanted to hurt any Pokemon.He was vegan as well because he didn't want to hurt any living creature or human.Max finally learned if he was going to get anywhere in life,he was going to fight.Even though he lost,he learned to be kind of aggressive.

"Well this is all... uh, a lot to put on a kid who didn't even sign up for this. I mean, it's great and all for kids who want to be trainers, but uh... I don't really know why I'm here." Sage scratched the back of her head, before she realized how ungrateful she sounded. "No, it—it's, I could learn to like this. Living here, it's gotta be better than Driftveil, and definitely better than a full-blown journey." She'd even convinced herself that this was a good thing with the sudden change of heart. "Yeah, that's right. We're on an island. This is like a vacation spot all year round. You guys seem nice. I never really introduced myself before, my name is Sage, and my Snover is Brandi."

Max looked up at the academy."Ready,Doragon?" He asked his Dratini.

"Dra!" Doragon answered pleasntly.

"Alright,"Max answered back,"Let's go!" He ran into the huge academy swiftly.He ran through the doors and ran into a kid with brown hair."Er..." Max groaned,rubbing his head,"Sorry."Max got up quickly.

Ryan and Lily walked up to the group. There were 6 people around his age, all with small Pokemon. He didn't recognize most of the Pokémon, but one he knew as a Mudkip. Nurse Joy once hatched one of them for a young trainer.

I should ask Lily where she came from...
Eh, maybe later. I just met her.
For now...
"Hey! My name is Ryan, and this is Lily. Who are you?" the young trainer- he still couldn't get over that fact- asked.

Donero watched as the other trainers went through the huge academy doors one after another. He stood in awe of the huge building abd finally musterd up the courage to go on through. "Hey guys........and girl" he said with a cool, calm, and collected smile. "I see you all have your Pokemon out and introduced." He looked at all the different Pokemon and instantly reconized the Mudkip as it is normally from the Hoenn region.

I wonder what Pokemon is in this Pokeball that my mother gave me.

"I should introduce myself. My name is Donero, you may call me Don or Nero for short i dont really care which." He pulled out the Pokeball and tossed into the air releasing the Torchic inside. He was so happy to see a Torchic pop out of the ball that he almost cried. "This is my new and beloved friend..........Roy!" Torchic let out a cry of happiness and glee shooting embers into the air and hopping all about. "I cant wait to study, train, and most of all battle each and everyone of you in the most epic, heated, and intense battles!" He said with a fiery passion. "Again my name is Donero and it is my pleasure to meet you all!"

Holy crap! I hope that sounded as good out loud as it did in my head :(

Aden turned to Mr. Saturn and said "Will you be the teacher for everything or are there more teachers? And if there are, what will you teach us?" He was very excited, he was going to be able to learn everything there is to learn about Pokemon!........Probably.

Ryan added "And can we go into the Pokémon Center? It is kinda hot out here and I want to talk to this school's Nurse Joy."

Plus, I could buy some pokeballs and might see some cool pokemon!

Olliver Saturn watched as more kids appeared. ''Alright, seven of you now. For the newcomers, I am Olliver Saturn, you will call me Mr.Saturn. I'm one of the teachers in this academy and I give multiple classes. One of them, which you will have right now, is Battling. Also, you will get to head to the pokémon center area once we're done.'' He walked through the building, motioning for everyone to follow him. He stopped walking in front of a door, grabbing a key out of his pocket before opening the door.

As the door opened, a large room was visible. An arena for pokémon battles was there, surrounded by a near-invisible forcefield to make sure noone besides the pokémon would get hurt. Even if they got hurt, outside the forcefield the pokémon would be back to full energy again. In short, injuries that happen inside the forcefield, stay inside.

There were multiple seats around the Arena. ''Sit down, kids.'' Olliver said as he stepped onto the arena. ''The principal asked me to teach you how everything works. Well, the watch all of you have, that's the most important thing you can have. It's actually impossible to take off. They teleport you when all of your pokémon are defeated, also known as a ''blackout''. The device records and reveals information of the pokémon you see, you can store items in it, you can teleport to certain warping spots, call eachother and it shows the amount of Battle Points you have. Battle Points, also known as BP, are the currency on this island. Each one of you should have five BP unless you spent it on something.'' He looked at Timothy who had purchased items earlier. ''You will receive one additional Battle Point by attending Classes, you will receive two if you catch a wild pokémon and three if you defeat a trainer in battle.'' Olliver finished with what he was supposed to say and sighed. ''This may've been an introduction to the island, but it counts as a class. Everyone receives one additional Battle Point.'' The man said. ''Now, you can go out into the wild, buy items, battle eachother, whatever you'd like. If you have questions, ehh... Ask someone else.'' Mr.Saturn yawned before walking off to sleep in his own room again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timothy White had followed the man and sat down. He shivered a bit when the man looked at him, since it was true he bought some items. ''Er... Thanks, Mr.Saturn.'' He said once the man was done and walked away. ''Strange guy...'' He then looked at everyone else in the room. ''My name is Timothy White, feel free to call me Timmy. Nice to meet you all.'' He said, he had heard the name of most of the people already, so he thought he had to introduce himself aswell to not come over as rude.

"Right back at you Timmy. I guess this'll be a sort of "everyone introduce yourself" session, right? Either way, my name is Sage, and this..." she pulled her single Pokeball from her belt, releasing the eager Snover inside. "this is Brandi."

The Snover looked about every which way, taking in the sight of the new trainers, and Sage craned her neck around the corner to make sure Mr. Saturn was gone. "Hey, we're allowed to have our Pokemon out, right? I feel like I really don't want to get on that guy's bad side." She motioned towards where he had left from.

Max stared at his watch.He tapped it a few times."Hm...Looks weird," He said.He stood up.

"Nice to meet ya,people.My name is Max," Max said,"And I'm going to go look for a trainer to battle because why not?If you wanna battle me,follow me and tell me 'cause we'll battle right there,right now." He walked off,hoping someone would follow.

Ryan and Lily quickly followed Max, not wanting anyone to battle him other than himself. Ryan quickly checked his watch and examined Lily's stats. She knew only three moves, and had the ability Wonder Guard.

So she can't be damaged by statuses, huh?
Better keep this a secret.
"
OK Max, we're ready!" Ryan yelled.

Max turned around and smirked,"Alright!" He sent Doragon out.

"You may go first," Max telling Ryan,wanting to see the Solosis' moves and Ryan's battle style.

Seems like they taught the girl a Tm..
"Lily! Trick room!"
The battlefield became encased an a grid. Lily started glowing begin moving at supersonic speeds.
Yes! Now..
"Psywave!" Xavier commanded.
The light became purple and shot towards the Dragon like sludge.

"Okay!Doragon use dig to avoid that psywave!" Max yelled.

'Wait for it...NOW!'

"DORAGON!COME OUT AND USE DRAGON RAGE!" Max yelled.Doragon used it,but missed by a foot.

"You still outspeed him! Use Psyshock!"
Psychic energy formed around Lily. It then shot out at the Dratini and homed in on the target.
Stay focused...