• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Poke College

A huge cloud of dust appeared, and when it subsided, Kaizo saw a fainted Doduo, Growlithe, and Fletchling. He recalled his pokemon, and tossed his rival a full restore. "Wartortle! Let's finish this!" Wartortle, like always, released itself, ready for the final phase of the battle. "Give me everything you've got!"

Last edited:
Kiri used the full restore on Frogadier, Frogadier and Kiri were absorbed in the battle moving in synch almost, Kiri and Frogadier balled their fist "Bring it!" Kiri was eager to test out Frogadier's new moves

"Let's do this!" Kaizo exclaimed. He and Wartortle were ready. "Remember what we planned?" Wartortle nodded before summoning a huge wave and riding it towards Froakie. "Dodge this." A drop of water came up off of the wave and appeared in Wartortle's palm before expanding into a spherical torrent, but it wasn't fired. Before the wave crashed down Wartortle jumped up and attempted to tackle Frogadier with the water pulse held in front of it.

(OOC: Wow.. while I was writing my story here, you guys just like completely dominated this RP.)

BIC:
Tori went out of art class, as soon as Professor Rand dismissed the class. Professor Rand said as she left, "Alright class, you all did a decent job. Some had surpassed my expectations, while others unfortunately were a little below. Tommorow, we will start revealing the rules of artwork. Have a nice day everyone!"

Tori walked around, as she heard some commotion going on. She went to the noise to investigate, as she saw Kiri and Kaizo battling! She said, "Well, look at you two battling here. I'm gonna probably watch since I can't battle as a Pokémon Ranger." Pachirisu went down, as he stood by Tori while he watched with her. Cyndaquil was asleep, as he snored quietly.

( You're kidding me! )

She hit herself in the face in her annoyance. "My god! Couldn't you have done this ages ago?" she exclaimed. She sighed. She was late for class. Besides, Chara was probably awake. She ran back to her dorm to grab Chara and headed for her class.

"Let's keep pushing forward!" Kiri exclaimed as Frogadier ran towards the crashing wave and Wartortle "Throw your Frubbles at Wartortle to blind it!" Frogadier reached over his neck and threw his white and puffy like cotton balls towards Wartortle, since he was an easy target from the predictable trajectory in which Wartortle was aiming with Frogadier, Frogadier then leaped up once Wartortle was blinded making him difficult to spot "Now use Aerial Ace to use Wartortle as a stepping stone to leap over the wave!" Frogadier's leg glowed a shade of white, as he aimed to kick Wartortle's shell to the ground, allowing him to bounce over the wave as well as deal damage to the Wartortle

"Impressive. But I AM prepared for your best. Wartortle, fire!" Wartortle fired its Water Pulse, then retreated into its shell, waiting for the Water Pulse to collide with the frubbles.
((Violet, your reactions are as good as ever

Last edited:
Tori still watched the battle, as her styler had vibrated. She took her styler out, as she had gotten a message from her mother. She read it, as it said, "Hello Tori, please come see me right now. I'm sure you know where I'm at now, so I'll be waiting for you."

Tori saw Kuro as she said, "Well, I have to go to my mother, it's probably for Cyndaquil here. I can't really battle since I'm a Pokémon Ranger. I don't hurt, I help." Tori quickly walked to her mother's room, as Pachirisu had gotten back up on her shoulder, while Cyndaquil snored quietly.

Frogadier who leaped over Wartortle beforehand, got the oppurtunity to and used Aerial Ace on the shell, it got sent to the ground, but he wasn't neccesarily trying to damage it, but he used the shell as stepping stone and leaped over the vortex of water, he evaded it

A large Haxorus balloon popped, and deflated in front of him. Itigus pulled out his pokedex, and began to check his progress. "That's all for attack, we've got ten minutes to get to class, so return Ajax." His Poochyena nodded sitting down happily as a red beam of light returned it to its ball.
The male stuffed his hands in his pockets, brushing his hair to the side, and walking out. As he was walking to class, he passed by Kiri and Kaizo. Still at it hmmm? I wonder if those two have classes at noon, or are just planning to be late... He kept walking, Not my problem either way.

Tori went to her mother's room still, as she walked around in the hallways, looking for the correct room number. Eventually, she found the room, as she quickly knocked on the door. The door opened, as she went inside.

Tori saw her mother on her bed, as her mother said, "Hello Tori, so how's everything today? And how is Cyndaquil here?" Tori got onto the bed with her mother, as they both talked while Cyndaquil woke up. Pachirisu sat on Tori's lap, as she fanned herself using his tail.

"Wartortle! Use water gun to propel yourself to Frogadier!" Wartortle stuck its head out and shot a stream of water that sent it straight towards Frogadier. Wartortle spun in its shell until it reached Frogadier, then stuck out its limbs and grabbed on. Earlier Wartortle had gotten some of the frubbles on its hand, so it was now stuck to Frogadier's head. "Now, use water pulse!" Kaizo exclaimed. Wartortle charged the water pulse in its free hand, and was ready to strike. Kaizo was curious as to how Kir would counter it. However, he was too focussed on the battle to notice that the water pulse from earlier had yet to burst, and was stuck to the ground via Frogadier's frubbles, essentially creating a water pulse land mine.

Kiri waved his hand when Wartortle was trying to propel itself "Now use cut right when it's close enough! Right behind you and don't hesitate" Because of Wartortle's momentum it basically led itself to towards Frogadier, it would be difficult to change directions or even attempt to dodge from its high speed and the revolving in its shell

A white long blade appeared in Frogadier's hand, Frogadier responded to Kiri's questions instantly, as the Pokemon whipped his body back and swung his blade towards the upcoming shell, he used cut at Wartortle right at its shell which would send Wartortle crashing to the ground, Kiri deduced that since Wartortle was speeding towards him he gave Frogadier a proper pitch with its cut

"Surf!" Kaizo exclaimed while the two pokemon were airborne, positive he was being given a few odd looks. Wartortle created a wave which was immensely larger than is usually generated by surf due to the additional height. "Jump up, and send 'em down!" Kaizo shouted. Wartortle jumped off of the wave, and fired water pulse, and followed up immediately by retreating into its shell to dive-bomb Frogadier with tackle. Kaizo grinned, knowing that it would be immensely difficult for Frogadier to gain the height needed to avoid the wave while also somehow countering Wartortle's attack, especially when both were in such close proximity. "I dare you to survive this." Kaizo stated arrogantly.

Kiri almost like he was the Pokemon himself grabbed his hip and says "Frogadier, use cut with one hand to deflect it and use your Frubbles and stick it on the Wartortle!"

Frogadier with a quick "Froga!" Used the white blade that was already in his left hand from his hit on Wartortle, as a impact cushion for Wartortle, but tilted it to more of a diagonal angle so that once the heavy shell would impact the cut, it would redirect its strength straight to the ground efficiently ricocheting off of his cut, the second the shell impacted the cut he used his other hand to stick a frubble on the tip of its shell making it so that once he crashed into the ground he would be stuck there ready for an open hit, as Frogadier then would be ready to attempt to cut the surf with his strong but my so strong cut ability

After seeing most of this play out, Kaizo smugly and arrogantly stated, "Impressive. I thought that that would be to much for you." Before Frogadier could cut the wave, however, Kaizo shouted, "SURF!" Still in its shell, Wartortle immediately summoned a wave which rose up. "WATER GUN!" Wartortle stuck out its head and limbs and fired water gun to propel itself even further, until it reached Frogadier's height, and continued to ascend past that. The whole time, the frubble stayed attached to its shell, stretching up more and more. "Dual Water Pulse, then tackle!" Wartortle charged one water pulse in each hand, and began to rapidly move towards Frogadier, using the frubble like a rubber band or a bungee cord, amplifying the tackle. This, in addition to Wartortle holding water pulse in each hand, would create a powerful attack, and if Wartortle missed Frogadier on the way down, then it would fire each water pulse and retreat into its shell, ensuring that the impact wouldn't do damage. Kaizo noticed the arena was flooded with about 2 inches of water. He realized this meant surf would be more powerful, as there was a larger quantity of water to draw power from. Kaizo smirked, as he was sure that when the colossal wave crashed, either on its own or from cut, the arena would be flooded with about 8 inches of water.

( Well. I won't be on tomorrow i think, field trip. )

She sighed. Forget them. She thought. She looked at the water, and scowled. "Never was much for a fan." she said. She got up and left, hurrying for her class.

as the arena flooded Kuro released his samurott out of his poke ball and and dived into the water and came up as kuro and pipi got on his back samurotte looked up proudy and drew its sword " Okay Samurott Sacred Sword!" he slashed the waves as they dissolved into nothing

Kiri haz an ambitious look on his face, he swung his arm forward, it was almost if Frogadier and Kiri were in synch in some odd way, Kiri yelled "Now! When he's using Watergun to get pass you use aerial ace on its head!"

As the Wartortle with its high speed and momentum zoomed from the ground, on the verge of passing Frogadier, Frogadier raised its glowing foot in an axe kick position prepared for their quick encounter, once Wartortle zoomed past Frogader, he lunged his foot down with such powrer directly upon Wartortle's head spitting the water gun, upon contact it would immediatly send Wartortle crashing into the ground, the trauma from being axed kicked in the head would leave Wartortle in a daze leaving it flinched and unable to retreat in its shell for that half a second, and since the high speed Wartortle was going at it would be logically impossible to change directions from its high burst of speed that it would need to stretch the Frubbles which have such a thick material

And since Wartortle did not have the water pulse, he would have no time to activate it mid move from Frogadier's supiroior speed, leaving it unable to use surf in between for the same reason

Tori went out of the room after Cyndaquil got his check up, as he cried a lot. Tori swaddled Cyndaquil in her sling, as she tried to calm him.

She went back to her room, as she opened the door and heard a rather strange noise. She closed the door and placed her stuff neatly on her desk, as she placed Cyndaquil and Pachirisu on her bed.

She continued to listen in on the noise, as it sounded like metal scratching. Her styler had vibrated, as it detected another energy signature in the room, while the arrow directly pointed at the ceiling. She was slightly nervous, as she said, "H- hello... is someone in here? Come out, I'm not gonna h- hurt you..."

She heard the noise again, as it came from the ceiling! She quickly looked up as she screamed, "Ahh! Oh my god it's an Aron!" Pachirisu heard her, as he quickly used spark on the Aron!

The Aron quickly dodged, as he hid behind Tori. She felt a familiar grasp on her leg, as she quickly picked up Aron and placed him on the ground. She took out her styler, as she quickly drew several capture loops around Aron to calm him.

Last edited:
"Tackle!" Kaizo exclaimed, knowing that if Wartortle shifted its downfall momentum to offensive power before landing in the flooded arena, it would negate the damage. When Wartortle landed, it created a large splash which soaked both combatants, as well as some of the spectators. There was a decently sized crater where it landed, but Wartortle got up unharmed and free of the frubble. "Man, I can't BELIEVE you thought that we couldn't take that!" Kaizo arrogantly shouted. "Wartortle, water pulse barrage!" Wartortle fired about 20 water pulses in Frogadier's direction. Kaizo smirked. "Water gun, then tackle!" Wartortle fired water gun through the center of its barrage, then jumped up to tackle Frogadier. Half way through tackle, however, Kaizo yelled, "SURF!" Wartortle stopped its tackle, and generated another colossal wave, though unlike its other attacks, it wasn't aiming for Frogadier. Instead, it immediately crashed the wave to re-flood the arena. This also created a current that attempted to pull all things to the center. The 'pulse mine' was dragged in, and now resided in the arena's center, its only hint to its existence was a faint glow in the center, but nobody noticed this, as they were to focussed on the pokemon. "Well? I'm waiting." Kaizo said, using an annoying tone of voice.

Itigus picked a desk, and sat down in his classroom, leaning back in his chair. Over the course of the next few minutes, students had filled the room. At last, the professor came in with one minute to spare.
"Looks as though we're all here. Well let's get started then, as you all may know this is an advanced trainer class. My name is Dr.Tamarind."
The professor told the class, writing his name. "I hope I'll get to know each and every one of you. Oh, and congratulations on scoring so high in the trainer tests. Please do give yourselves a round of applause for that."
The class clapped, some doing so ironically. Itigus merely stayed as he was.
"Now that you've celebrated, it's time to tell you just how little that means in here."
Itigus raised an eyebrow, only now truly paying attention.
"This is a class which requires a lot of work both in our hours, and out. If you are not able to take the stress then talk to one of the Deans and drop this class now. I'm sure none of you will do that... at least in the first week. Rest assured however, those of you who stay will come out better Pokemon trainers than they came in."
The room was silent as the Dr.Tamarind paused, looking around. "It seems we all understand now? Let's go over the Syllabus..."
Itigus smirked slightly. If the class was truly going to be that challenging then perhaps this college wasn't going to be a waste of time, and money after all.
"In this class we will not only be going over status moves, alternate strategies, and EV training, but also genetics of Pokemon, and each one's unique characteristics. Bare in mind that perhaps in a simulation a Pokemon's stats might be a deciding factor. However, the real world is not a numerical simulation. There is randomness, and the need to adapt to any situation. There are no set variables, and so we will be frequently taking labs in which you, and your Pokemon will battle with other trainers in various situations. Your score in the lab is determined by how well you can perform during the battle...."
The rest of the day was spent reviewing the basic rules, and expectations of the class.

Tori holistered her styler back in her belt buckle after she calmed the Aron, as she said to Pachirisu, "Don't worry, he's not gonna hurt anyone. I'll talk to him."
Pachirisu replied, "Pachi, Pachirisu..." [Translation: Okay, but I'm sorry for almost hurting him...]

Tori picked up Aron, as she said to him, "You look familiar, that grasp on my leg... and the noise..." More recollection started to flash in her eyes, as she hugged Aron lovingly. Aron said to her, "Aron!" [Translation: I'm back Tori!]

Tori knew that Aron was hungry, as she looked up and saw tiny scratch marks on the walls that looked invisible at first glance. She said to him, "Well, I know someone's already hungry, but I don't think people are gonna just let you eat that stuff, let's go to my mom and talk to her first okay?"
Aron replied, "Aron... Aron, Aron..." [Translation: Oh no... don't tell me, we're doing that again...]

Tori got her stuff, as she placed Cyndaquil in her sling, while he was still asleep. Pachirisu walked outside the room with Aron next to him, as Tori closed the door and locked it, as soon as they were all out of the room.

They all walked to the room next door, as Tori gently knocked on it and said, "It's me Tori, I've got something urgent for you mother."

Aron clung onto her leg, as he cried while he waited with her. Pachirisu tried to calm him, as he used his tail and attempted to stroke his smooth shell.

"This MUST be considered failed." Violet said as she walked down to her room. Her Charmeleon swaggered beside her. She shook her head. Her second class wouldn't start yet. She wondered how her father was going to get her out of this one and sighed. She was evil. She walked back to her dorm, brooding.

Kuro gets up as the battle has gone on long enough and goes to his room to get ready for a nice lovely evening he returns Pipi and Samurotte and leaves to get to his dorm when he does arrive there he unlocks the door using his room key when he unlocked it he lays on the bed and signs and releases his pokemon out of there pokeballs to let them relax he smiles softly looking at all of them do there thing then he realizes he need to become stronger to protect them

Frogadier's time in mid-air seized, Kiri then shouted and swung his arm back "Use cut to get rid of some of the water!"

Frogadier's blades swiped the thick water on the ground, which reaveled a small circle of ground which later was flooded again with water "Use Quick Attack! To tread along the water like we used to do!"

Frogadier started to run at outrageous speed, it used its newly found speed from evolving to use its huge speed to run along the water towards Wartortle, it multiplied itself into several copies of itself as it ran on water its enourmas speed caused Frogadier to learn double team in exchange for quick attack

Kiri smiled confidently, as he balled his hand in a fist towards Frogadier "Nice you learned double team" Kiri looked at his constant moves and energy he's using just to hurt Frogadier "Looks like we aren't taking turns!"

The water pulses clashed against the multiple clones, as all the clones were erupted by a water gun leaving a thick smoke to arise from the clashes, as once Wartortle was in a tackle position and stopped for a split second to summon Surf which is a generally slow move Kiri shouted "Now! Finish it with an Aerial Ace!"

Frogadier's immense speed allows him to blast through the smoke, he treaded through the water as his speed allowed him to attack between the short intermission it took to summon the surf, His fist glowed as in between the charging of the surf, Frogadier aimed to slam his fist into her chin, incase he had the nerve to do a Watergun, because of his quick speed Warortle's slower speed wouldn't really do much to dodge, and there's no time tackle or a water pulse from his charging of the surf

This hit would cause Wartortle to flinch and the more Frogadier dug his fist into his jaw, Wartortle would likely be knocked out

He got Wartortle mid-move it was most likely too late to cancel the move and go along with the surf which would only activate after taking the K.O hit

The young girl panted from her constant running, clearly she was exhausted, she was most likely running from someone

Last edited:
Tori went inside the room after her mother opened the door for her, as Aron firmly clung onto her leg like a suction cup. Pachirisu giggled at him as he looked very silly doing it. Cyndaquil woke up, as he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

Tori sat on the bed, as her mother asked her while she locked the door, "So Tori, what brings you here? I'm assuming Cyndaquil has been acting up or something?"
Tori replied, "No, it's not about him here, it's about Aron... umm the little guy that's holding onto my leg here. You see, he needs to eat iron here."

Her mother chuckled, as she went on the bed and said to her, "Oh umm the problem is, there's no pure iron that he can just eat. However, he could eat noodles like you do, or some meat. If he's too picky though, then unfortunately you might need to get another prescription from me for an iron injector. Now this isn't liquid iron that's metal, it's the nutrient that we inject into him. So I'll make it up to you and little Aron okay?"

((I'm editing this because I got reported, 'K?
----------------
When Frogadier's attack hit, Kaizo smirked as Wartortle was thrown off balance, causing the wave to crash down on both pokemon, sending them into the arena's center, directly into the whirlpool. Just then, a large glow started to fill the arena. Kaizo's arrogant smirk was quickly replaced with a look of both terror and amazement as he realized the water pulse that had been hit with the frubble never burst. Kaizo stepped back, quivering. The pulse burst, causing the water flooding the arena to erupt in a massive column, before raining down on both trainers and all spectators. Wartortle and Frogadier, who were both limp, and definitely fainted, were falling. Kaizo quickly recalled Wartortle, yelling, "KIRI! RECALL FROGADIER! NOW!"

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, since I've gotten multiple reports about this battle already, I'm going to have to step in here.

Rival Kaizo: There is nothing wrong with creative chaining of attacks - but this finding an excuse for evasion of every single hit launched at your Pokemon and taking so many turns at the same time is honestly teetering very close to godmoding, and as you should very well know, that's against the rules.

Let's tone down the hax a bit, hm?

Tori noticed Aron crying, as she stroked his soft shell and gently said to him, "Shh, I understand you're scared Aron, it's going to be okay." Aron squirmed, as Tori held him tightly on her lap. He kicked her with his tiny legs, as she chuckled at him.

Her mother sat with her, as she said, "So is he going to have the iron shots or is he going to probably eat a lot of grains?"
Tori replied, "Well... I think we might need to do the shots, he's still picky here." Aron kicked her in the leg, as she shrugged it off.

Her mother wrote down on another prescription card, as she said to her, "Aron looks pretty weak here, I'm not too sure if he can battle. I think we might need to also give him the same thing that I wrote for Cyndaquil."

Pachirisu felt concerned, as he thought to himself, "Wow, seems like her Pokémon are kinda hurt and need special care... guess I should be lucky that I'm fine and all." He curled up, using his tail like a pillow, as he lied on the bed and took a short nap.

The young girl, with a scratched up ankle made it to a strange medical wing in the college her constant pants were heard throughout along with calls such as "Pi-Pi-Chu!" They made a ruckus in what usually is the quiet section of the collage

Pipi heard the panting as her ears twitched and went out of the door as kuro sawed this he followed her telling his other pokemon to come if he calls for them and left them confused as he ran outside with pipi he looked around for her

Pachirisu heard some screams of what was a young girl and a Pichu, as she woke up, and ran to the door, as she slightly opened it. She said, "Pachirisu?" [Translation: Is anyone here?]

Tori looked outside of the room and noticed that the girl's ankle was scratched up from an injury. She said to them, "Well I think that you do need something, why don't you come in?"

Cyndaquil yawned, as Aron curled up on a pillow and dozed off. Her mother was still writing the excuse slip and the perscription note, as she felt bad for Aron.

Pipi ranned to where the pichu the girl was at she looked at the door and knocked on the door loudly so someone would notice and shouted "Pichu!? Pichu!?!?"
[Translation: Hello!? Anybody!?!?]

Aron woke up to a familiar tight grip on his shell. He slowly opened his eyes, as he saw Tori holding him. Pachirisu giggled at him as he said, "Pachirisu." [Translation: It's time for your medicine.]

Aron cried as he kicked Tori and attempted to run out of the room. Pachirisu giggled still, as he used Thunder Wave at Aron! A weak surge of electricity went to him, as he fell to the ground and he was immobile. Tori picked him up, as Pachirisu went back on the bed while he hid a chuckle.

The door was already opened, as Tori placed Aron on the bed, as he tried to move his legs. She went back to the Pichu and held her, while she asked, "So Pichu, what's with the umm screaming? Well, and also, I suppose you need something?"

Pipi ears twitched and said "Pichu Pipi Pichu Pi?" [translation: I heard them outisde in pain but why there here?] pipi points at the other pichu and the girl

The girl looked up and nodded, she then got up to her feet, the Pichu on her head looked down on her with a "Pi-Chu-Pi!"(You'll be okay!) the Pichu turned its head to the other similar Pichu(She needs help!) "Chu-Pi-Chu!"