• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well I'll take what I can get." said Riley as he put his hand down. Then he turned to the trainer who just appeared. "Well, well, what do we have here. Another little trainer. I'll give you my autograph after I win." exclaimed Riley.

Drew turned around and saw a boy at least ten years old walking towards them. " Hey Kid." Drew said " How are you doing."
Drew looked over towards Riley " I'm pretty sure he's competing you arrogant pup."

Ace frowned, the kid probably thought he was so cool making his smart comments, "Alright, whatever you say, by the way the names Ace, remember it cause you'll be treating me to a Steak Buffet after I wipe the floor with you in the tournament!" He suddenly regretted what he'd just said after noticing how much taller everyone was compared to him. Ace quickly turned his attention to the man with the cane(Drew) trying to avoid further conversation with the teenage boy(Riley) "Hey, ummm, how's it going..." He stared at the guy's cane wondering why he had it even though he didn't look to old.

"I'm not a damn pup!" stated Riley. Then he turned to the younger trainer. "Whatever you say. Anyways my match is about to begin and I want you guys to watch." Riley said as he started to walk to walk into the hallway into the arena. As he walked out, it was extremely loud with everyone screaming. "Now please welcome Riley and Ryan!" stated the announcer as the crowd went wild. "I hope you're ready to lose." stated the young 12 year old. He had a yellow shirt with a red headband and red short pants. He also had spiky brown hair. "Whatever you say kid." said Riley as the crowd went wild again due to the trash talk. "Now, battle begin!" exclaimed the announcer.

" It's going fine." Drew said. He noticed Ace looking at his cane. " It's a long story."
Drew turned his attention to the screen as he watched Riley's battle. " Try not to get Ko'ed in the first round Riley." Drew said.

"Go Scizor!", commanded Riley as the red pokemon out its pokeball. "Scizorrrrr!" At the same time Ryan sent out his pokemon. "Graveler, let's go!" "Gravelerrr!" "Wait, really, you actually brought a Graveler?! It's not even fully evolved!" stated Riley as he tryed to hold in his laughter. "It.. it can still beat your... um-" "Scizor." said Riley. "Whatever, I'll still beat you, you big punk!", exclaimed Ryan.
Riley: "Scizor, use bullet punch!"
Scizor, with great speed attacked with barrage of punches!
Ryan: "Graveler, use earthquake!"
The ground under Scizor begun to shake.
Riley: "Scizor jump."
Scizor jumped up and to how with its tiny wings until the earthquake finished.
Ryan: "Now's our chance! Use rock slide!"
Rocks started forming on top of the arena and started falling.
Riley: "Scizor, use bullet punch to punch through the rocks to get to Graveler!"
Scizor did as it was told to and eventually got up to Graveler and grabbed one of its arms with it's claws and started punch it with its spare hand, but it was taking it slow.
Riley: "Keep going. Don't let go." Then he turned to Ryan with a smirk. "Now if you want it to stop, then say you give up."
Ryan: "Graveler, rock throw!" Graveler just growled in pain. "Please, why are you doing this?" said Ryan as he started to feel choked up.
Riley: "To teach you a lesson, but also to show some others what I'm made of." Scizor just kept punching Graveler as rocks from it's body started falling apart! "You should take my advice and give up!"
Ryan: "No! I'll never give up!" Ryan started to tear up. "Please, just stop!"
Announcer: "This is so horrible, why won't Riley just give the command to finish this match?!"
The crowd however was cheering, with a few still feeling sorry.
"I hope they're watching!", thought Riley as he watched his Scizor pummeling the decaying Graveler.

Last edited:
" damn...." Drew said as some of his blood left his face. " Riley is a monster." How could anyone be that cruel. " Guess I'm going to have to keep my guard up against him."

Ace watched as well, "Dang, no mercy..." He turned his attention back to Drew, "I guess we know our competition a little better now, this is gonna be a little tougher than I thought if there more people here like him..." Ace knew in battle he was also a different person, the feeling of just being able to crush your foes so easily sometimes felt so good.

Graveler growled as it tryed to get it's trainer's attention. "I won't do it!" exclaimed Ryan as he understood what his Pokemon was trying to say. "Do what?", thought Riley as he stared at the decaying Graveler. Then he saw it smirk at his Scizor. It started to glow. "Don't do it!", yelled Ryan in tears now. "Shit! Scizor get away from there now!" yelled Riley as he realized what was happening. Scizor jumped as high as it could as everything in the stadium went white. Then boom! All everyone heard was a huge explosion.

As the smoke started to clear, the stadium was quiet. Then everyone saw it, debris was raining down from the sky and it was everywhere. No one spoke as they realized what had happened. Ryan fell to his knees sobbing. Scizor stood up heavily damaged and Graveler was
no where to be seen.

"The - the winner is Riley and Scizor!", exclaimed the announcer, just as shocked as everyone else in the stadium.
"Return." Riley said and turned around and walked back into the hallway, back to the trainer room.
As he walked in, he saw all the trainers staring at him including Cortez. "Suprised?" Riley said with a smirk.

Last edited:
Ace watched Riley walk back in, "H-h-he Exploded! The Graveler Exploded, now its dead!" This was a new experience for Ace, he never saw a Pokemon kill itself, in fact he never even saw a Pokemon get killed before! Hopefully his battle would be postponed for tomorrow...the explosion must've caused some serious damage to the stadium. Now, he stared at Riley showing off to the crowd the seemed to be surrounding around him, "Hmph, showoff." He murmured.

Trail had been sitting in the waiting room, watching each battle carefully and trying to memorize peoples battle styles. But he had never seen a battle like Riley's. He stared at the arena in shock as Riley walked off, victorious. Trail felt a pain in his hand, and realized he had clenched his fists so hard that they started to draw blood.
He... he... he didn't have to do that! Trail thought, his face pale and his stomach queasy. He got up from where he was sitting and started to walk through the crowd of trainers in the waiting area, accidentally bumping into a young trainer.

"Whoa, sorry about that. Didn't mean to get in your way..." Ace looked up at the guy that bumped into him, "You ok man? You look a little...pale." It seemed like Riley's battle had a big effect on lots of people who entered the tournament. This dude looked like he was about to puke on the spot.

“Pfff what a slow and weak Scizor. It shows how low he is if he has to choose such extreme methods to show his so called strength.“ Yannick only had disrespect for the insolent boy. He looked at the Pokeball of his own Scizor. “Let's destroy him when the time is right!“

Drew took a deep breath calming his self. " This is going to be a lot more brutal then Kanto." he said. As he gazed at the dead Gravler. Then he looked at Cortez " He's one of yours isn't he."
" No. " Cortez said. " Brutality is beneath me."

Riley went to take a seat on one benches to watch the upcoming match. "Why is everyone staring at me?! Have you guys not witnessed a real battle before?" asked Riley as he looked around. "I hope that shows you what happens when you mess with me!"

"Do you really think you can do that to with my Pokemon? Trust me you will be crushed by someone soon enough and it would be a pleasure for me to be that someone!" Yannick stood right behind Riley and gave him a somewhat insane stare. "You should better be prepared child! I may not be a fan of extreme violence but I'll make an exception for you."

Riley smirked, then got up and turned around to face Yannick. Then he pulled out a pokeball. "Come on, let's do this right here and now!" announced Riley.

"You should know that any battles during the time the tournament battles take place are forbidden and lead to instant disqualification and you little twerp are not worth risking Drew's and Jado's rematch." Yannick smirked "So let fate decide when you are going to crushed."

Riley smirked as he put his pokeball away. "Okay, I'll wait. Just don't come crying when you lose." Then he turned around to see a group of reporters surrounding them asking questions. "Why did you take it so far?" asked a reporter. "I did what I had to." stated Riley. The reporters also started to question some of the other trainers on their thoughts on what had happened.

Drew walked away from the press and Cortez. He look at the screen. " Hey Yannick nice battle earlier." Drew said. " One down, seven to go."

"No, no, I'm... I'm fine." Trail said. "Sorry, It's just... battles like that make me sick."
Trail looked up and glared at Riley, then turned to the young trainer. The queasiness was starting to pass. "Sorry about that. My name's Trail."

( Cortez)
Cortez walked up to the stadium. Everyone was still distraught by that brat's foolish move. When the going gets tough he's going to fall flat on his ass.
Cortez looked at his opponent. His name was John Wiseman from what Cortez could find out about him he seemed to favor water types.
Cortez looked to side to noticed men scooping up what was left of that Gravler.
" Begin" The Ref said.
" Go Starme." The man said as the blue star appeared.
" Go Nidoqueen," Cortez said. Nidoqueen touched Starme before jumping backwards.
" This will be quick." Wisemand said. " Use hydro pump."
Nidoqueen stood there as torrents of water hits her.
" Now thunderbolt." Cortez said. Nidoqueen put her hands onto the torrents of water as electricity passed threw her then the torrent of water eventually hitting Starme.
Starme stood for a few seconed before falling down.
" What." Wiseman said in disbelief "How?"
" Water conducts electricity." Cortez said. " While alone Thunderbolt would have harmed your Starme it wouldn't have been enough. Instead I used your Hydropunp against you." He said before walking off of the stadium.

Last edited:
"Thank you Drew. Tell me who is that guy you were talking to? He seems to be pretty strong but something about him makes me feel uneasy." Yannick suddenly felt a chill as Cortez walked by them.

Maria had also witnessed the battle. She and her Typhlosion, Blast, looked at each other, horrified. "It sacrificed itself for its Trainer...That's so brutal...We'd have burned that Scizor down to the ground." she muttered and her partner nodded.
"Just be careful out there, Blast. We'll be up soon and I'll need you focused."
The fire badger's eyes shone with determination. "Typh!" she said, meaning "You can count on me!"
"That I know." Maria smiled and patted the Pokemon's head.

Watching Cortez battle, she figured he was less brutal, but still strong. "A Thunderbolt took that Starmie right out...So, I can't use Bubbles as much as I'd like to, I'll need to choose someone versatile..." she thought.

" That's Emile Cortez." Drew said looking at Yannick. "The leader of Team Neo Rocket. Whatever stratagies you use I suggest using something completely different if you have to go up against him."

Last edited:
"So he is the one! Do you think he is going to use the Dog Trio for the tournament?" Yannick watched each and every single move Cortez made to get a hint to where he hides Suicune, Entei and Raikou.

Riley just watched the battle going on, studying Cortez's battle style. "He's pretty smart I guess." thought Riley as he saw what the Nidoqueen did to the Starmie. "But he'll have to do better to defeat me." thought Riley who had already come up with a plan for his Nidoqueen.

Last edited:
Maria overheard the conversation.
"The Dog Trio?" she echoed quietly, walking over with her Typhlosion. "But that's impossible, those things are legendary!"
It was hard for her to believe someone could actually be using them in battle...would she be able to beat them and what if she won't? Would he kill her Pokemon?!

"I'm afraid it's possible. It's still unknown if he is going to use the trio in the tournament but I don't see why he would enter the tournament after capturig them." Yannick didn't notice that he was talking to an unknown girl until he turned his head to her. "By the way I'm Yannick and this man here is Drew. And you are?"

Drew looked over at the young girl... No she was defiantly woman that much Drew could tell. " Nice to meet you ma'am." Drew said.

"By the way Drew aren't you up next or did I miss your battle? If so it would be a shame. I'm looking forward to see how much you and your Pokemon grew since last year!"

" Yeah I already battled." Drew said. " Defeated a trainer with a Maganium with Poli. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of this round to end."

"OK, so who is missing? I guess Trail, Jado, Ace and the young lady here still have to battle." Yannick looked around. "I haven't seen Jado since yesterday! Don't tell me he fell asleep on the way here."

" Knowing him that is a possibility." Drew looked around and noticed that Jado hasn't even arrived at the stadium yet. " Or he got lost along the way."

Riley was starting to get bored. He stood up and looked around. Then he noticed something, or rather someone was missing. "Where did Cortez go?" Riley asked, surprisingly feeling a bit concerned. Then he looked at Drew, Yannick, and the woman they were talking to. "Those fools are so careless, they let him slip through their fingers with out even noticing." Riley then snuck out the trainer lobby to go take a "walk" since his match had already finished. "He must've slipped out as soon his match finished." Riley thought to himself. After standing watching the ocean at the edge of the Goldenrod Radio Tower, he looked up to see the orange looking sky. There was also no one around so it was quiet, which he liked. "Its starting to get a little late. I better head back." thought Riley. Then out of no where he started feeling nauseous and started to cough. Everything started going blurry. "What's going on." said Riley as he fell to the floor. Then everything went dark.

Ace had completely zoned out. It had been atleast a whole day and he hadn't battled yet. "Ace! Please report to the battle field for the next battle" the speaker nearby screeched. "Dang, right on time!" Ace quickly got up and jogged to the battlefield.
----------------------------------------
The crowd for some reason was way louder than he thought it would be, this was probably the loudest crowd compared to all the other battles he had witnessed. Ace looked over at his opponent, the man was large and muscular, he looked like some body builder? Anyways, that didn't matter, this guy was way out of his league, "Hey, I'm Ace...uh, whats your name?" Ace stuck his hand out for a handshake. The man looked slightly confused and the crowd suddenly went silent, "Hahahhahaa, pipsqueak do you not have a clue who I am?!" Ace put his hand down. The man's voice was much deeper than he thought it would be, but that wasn't all, the man suddenly ripped his shirt off and revealed a tatoo on his chest. "Five Time Pokemon World Wrestling Champion..." Ace read aloud. The man grinned, "Haha, yes I am the one! The only! THE GREAT BAD BOULDER!!" The crowd lost it...annoyed Ace sent out his Charizard. He wanted to get this over with without embarrassing himself, "After this I will teach you some manners boy, you should have more respect for a man like me. Go MACHAMP!!" To no suprise he sent out his Machamp, there the battle had begun! "Good luck." Ace said. The man grinned then shouted, "Mighty Machamp, attack him with Dynamic Punch!" The Machamp let out a battle cry and charged right at the Charizard. "Charizard, blind him with smokescreen and get behind him!" Ace commanded. A black smog came out of Charizard's mouth as he flew into the air then back into the dark smoke. "Surrender now, its over." Ace glared at the man through the smoke as it cleared...Charizard was right behind Machamp just like he was commaded to! "No, how...Machamp end this now with..." The muscle man was cut off, "Charizard, end this! BLAST BURN!!!" The entire battlefield lit up and only flames could be seen...

(OOC: Sorry guys you can probably tell this is really rushed...I got tons of homework...I'll try my best to be better.)

( Cortez)
Cortez watched the battles before the three hour break period. Only three battles stood out to him.
1. The battle between the two eveelutions. Yannick he's going to be tough to break. From the video's that he threw some very persuasive people allowed to make public Via Pcs.
From what he could find on Yannick he was from a very unkown region. Though he seemed to do terrible against the gym leaders there only winning three of the battles.
The seconed battle was between the Poliwrath and the Maganium. It seems Drew recovered at least a little bit from their battle. But he is still broken Body and spirit. Cortez already knew every single strategy Drew used. And next time he was going to take more than just Drew's " Mother Hen." Away from him. The Kanto born "hero" was going to face his final battle in this tournament.
Then there the brat that killed the Gravler. People like that make cortez sick. Brutality is the lowest standard of battling. If you have to kill a pokemon give them a fighting chance. If Cortez has to fight this disgusting child he was going to show him no mercy. When their done the boy will be crushed and never want to battle again.

Cortez took a sip of his wine as he watched the battles over and over again.
" Sir." A grunt said. Cortez stopped the video and looked at the man.
" Yes." Cortez said looking at the man.
" A child tripped our proximity alarm." The man said. Cortez flipped the channel to the prison cameras. He saw Riley unconscious.
" inject TS01 into him." Cortez said. " Then send him back out." Cortez looked threw the camera that where planted all over their headquarters. " I don't think he was looking for us. in a couple of hours he'll wake up and think he just fell asleep."
" Yes sir." The grunt said as he started to leave.
" Calvin is it." Cortez said looking at the man.
" Yes sir." Calvin said.
" Your posing as a trainer in the tournament correct?" Cortez said.
" Correct sir. I already won my first battle." He said. Calvin looked at the screen. " Sir why do you keep watching the same battles over and over again."
" To defeat your enemy you must first know them." Cortez said with a slim smile on his face. "Not just their strategies and skills, but their personality their history... it's almost like art really." He said looking at the Monitor. A new battle showed up. A very young kid with a Charizard just defeated The bad bolder using his famous machamp. interesting He better keep an eye on this kid. " Now leave." Cortez said.
" Yes sir." Calvin said.
" And Calvin." Cortez said.
" yes sir." Calvin said in the door frame.
" I'm promoting you to Admin." Cortez said. " I need men who can listen and preform."
" thank you sir." Calvin said before leaving.
Cortez sat back in his seat and sipped some whine as he rewatched the battles studding the trainers.

"What- what happened?", Riley said to himself as he woke up. He looked and saw that he was sitting on a bench facing the ocean near the Goldenrod Radio Tower. "What's going on?", he said as he looked at his hands. It was night now and the city was lit up with lights everywhere. "Last I remember, I was walking away and then something knocked me out..." Then Riley stood up and started to run back to where the tournament was. "Shit, I was supposed to be looking for Cortez!" Riley thought as he ran back fearing the worst had happened. As he ran towards the trainer waiting room a guard tryed to ask him for a pass and Riley pushed him aside and made into the waiting room. He slammed the door open making heads turn towards him. Then he took a deep breath. "Wow, nothing even happened." Thought Riley as he realized he had ran in looking like a fool. Then he looked around the room to find Cortez, but he couldn't find him. "Man, maybe I'm just a bit paranoid." Thought Riley. "He probably just went to rest." Then his head started to feel a bit dizzy; an after effect of the TS01. "Maybe I should do the same." Thought Riley as he stumbled out the room while some people wondered what just happened.

Last edited:
"Wow. Not bad." Trail commented on Ace's battle. He had recorded it through his camera glasses, and was watching it again on his laptop. The trainer wasn't that shabby. But the trainer before that, Cortez, seemed like bad news to Trail. He clicked out of the video and onto another one, this one of Cortez against the trainer with the Starmie. If what he had heard from Drew was true, then Cortez was not one to mess with.
And Drew said something... something about him knowing all of everyone's strategies already. So that must mean... that he's recording the matches, like I am? It doesn't look like he has any recording equipment on him. Then again, neither do I. Maybe he's using the tournament's cameras? Trail thought. Suddenly, Trail got an idea. He closed his computer and went to leave. When he glanced up at the screen, he saw that his name was next. Finally, it came Trail's turn to battle. Well, I guess my idea will have to wait. He thought. Trail walked onto the stadium and locked eyes with his opponent, an older man by the name of Diego Martinez.
"Hello, little boy. Isn't this place a little too rough for you?" The old man asked mockingly. Trail simply stared at him with his best poker face.
"...Don't call me little..." Trail muttered under his breath.
"Hmm, not much of a talker, huh? Well, let's get down to it then. Go, Kangaskhan!" Diego said, sending out his Pokemon. The Parent Pokemon let out an angry roar.
"Go, J-Peg." Trail said, sending out his Pokemon.
"Match, start!" The Ref said.
"Kangaskhan, Dizzy Punch!" The Kangaskhan made a spinning charge at Trail's Porygon2.
"J-Peg, Psyshock!" Trail said. J-Peg launched a psychic blast at the Kangaskhan, knocking it back before its punch connected. The blast forced the Kangaskhan back a few feet.
"Kangaskhan, Mega Punch." Diego commanded. The Kangaskhan let out a roar and charged at J-Peg.
"J-Peg, Psyshock!" J-Peg launched another psychic attack, but the Kangaskhan somehow jumped over the attack!
The Parent Pokemon attacked with a powerful downpunch, and huge cloud of dust was kicked up from the attack, obscuring both Pokemon. It wasn't clear if the blow was a hit.
"Kangaskhan, clear away the dust with another Dizzy Punch!" Diego said. Kangaskhan spun, blowing away the dust. Diego opened his eyes to see J-Peg right in front of his Kangaskhan. "Kangaskhan, Out-"
"Hyper Beam." Trail said coolly. J-Peg blasted Kangaskhan with a powerful beam of energy before it had any time to react, sending the Pokemon flying. The Kangaskhan fell to the ground, K.O'd.
"Porygon2 is the winner!" The ref announced. Trail recalled his Pokemon and walked back to the waiting room.

While watching the battle between Trail and a very grumpy old man Drew heard a door open. He saw Riley rush in. ' What's his problem?" Drew thought as he looked at the young pup. He shrugged it off. He turned his attention back to the screen as he saw Porygon2 unleash a massive hyperbeam at Kangaskahn Koing it. ' Nice Job trail.' Drew thought. As Trail walked back into the waiting room Drew clapped for his friend. " Great work out there."

Status
Not open for further replies.