• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you think getting me mad will help you in battle you are dead wrong! There are 2 things that get my battlespirit to the maximum it's fighting a rival or fighting someone that needs to learn his place!"

" And once again you decline a challenge." Drew said looking at the kid. " Let me guess you're pokemon were given to you by your mommy and daddy." Drew walked around the boy " I bet You're parents are divorced. You act like a prick because you want to be noticed by people. Or maybe just maybe your overcompensating for something else." Drew walked stopped infront of the boy. " But it still remains that instead of accepting either of our challenges you continue to act like a prick. Which means you either suck or your just a coward."

Riley calmed down. "The name's Riley", Riley said as he put his hand out to shake the trainer's hand. "I'm just trying to scout out the competition," Riley said with a grin.

"Beats me who you are or what you want with this attitude you better not cross my path again." Yannick was still angry. "Now how long do you have to wait for a steak in here? I'm starving!"

"Nice to meet you Drew, but if you're that easy to piss off, then you got another thing coming", said Riley smirking after they finished shaking hands.

" Belive me if we fight. You'll lose." Drew said with confidence. He sat back down. " Seriously where are the steaks."

"There we go! Time to eat!" Yannick started to relax. After he finished his fourth steak he leaned back. "Man these steaks are something else. So I guess it's time for some extra Training, see you later." Yannick left the steakhouse and went to the old arena he met up with the others earlier that day.

Drew finished eating and walked towards an Isolated area he found earlier in the day. After he made his way there he looked around to see if anyone was around. It was deserted. " Alright team lets go." Drew said as He brought out his team. " Let's do some training shall we."

"I guess I better get some late night training with my Pokemon", said Riley as he walked to the back of the hotel to the battlefield. "But first...", Riley said as he pulled out his phone. "I better check out what happened in the last Kanto league tournament!"

Trail remained at the steakhouse for a little bit, making sure all the trainers had left. It had been too easy for him to simply fade into the background with all the conversation. The whole time he had simply sat there, in silence, observing and taking note of each trainer. Checking once again that no other trainer was around, he pulled his laptop from his bag and opened it on the table. Taking off his glasses, he attached them to his computer and downloaded all the videos and pictures to his computer. He also took out J-Peg's Pokeball (a custom one he made himself), and attached that to his laptop as well. His Porygon2 suddenly popped up on his screen and waved. Trail smiled, and connected a small microphone to his computer.
"Alright, J-Peg. Sorry, but I got a some stuff for you to do. I want you to find all the info you can about the Trainers Drew Leuric, Yannick, and Riley. Also, try to see if you can ID that mysterious Trainer, I managed to get a picture of him when he wasn't looking. Finally, show me all the data you collected on Drew's Poliwrath." Trail said softly into the microphone. J-Peg gave off a little digital salute and went to work. Trail opened up the video he took of the battle with Drew's Poliwrath and began to review it.
Dang. I got too caught up in the heat of the battle! I revealed J-Peg's whole moveset just to win a friendly match! I've got to be more careful from now on. Trail thought.

Riley stretched and yawned as he woke up. He grabbed his phone to see what time it was. "It's still pretty early, I guess I still have a little more time before I have to get up", said Riley as he looked around and saw his room start getting a bit brighter as the sun was rising. "Maybe not. I better get up so I can get ready and have an early training session." said Riley starting to sit up on his bed. Riley then thought about about the trainers he met yesterday. "There's no way I'll lose!" Riley thought to himself as he smirked.

Drew finished looking over everyone's skills tying to come up with stratagies to defeat them as the sun started started to rise. " Damn it's morning already." Drew thought as he saw the sun rise. As he started to shut down his Laptop he saw a news article.
DOG TRIO TERRORIZES AZALEA TOWN. The headline said.
' Cortez' Drew thought as he looked at the headline. There's no way those dogs that are famous for running away from people would start attacking everyone unless someone was controlling them.
'The tournament starts in four hours.' Drew thought. 'Azalea is roughly a five hour walk from Golden Rod. and In my condition it'll be about six hours. Unless Dagonite flies there which will take ten minutes. Alright I'll investigate and see if I can stop Cortez once and for all.'
Drew quckly got dressed and exited his hotel room. " Go Draon." Drew said though his pokeball, Dragonite appeared. Drew Stepped onto Dragonites back and steadied himself. " Azalea town." Drew said to Draon. She flew into the air.

"Return Scizor", commanded Riley. He looked to the sky. "What the...?!", said Riley as he saw Drew on his Dragonite. "I guess he realized this tournament is too much for him and decided too leave." As he walked into the hotel lobby, he saw a group of people standing, staring at the tv. Riley walked up to see what was going on. "Why would those dogs be... that's where he's going!" Riley said as he remembered the direction Drew was going. "This will be interesting." Riley said as he ran he ran outside. "Come out Dragonite!" As the bright orange dragon came out his pokeball, it roared. "Okay buddy, take me to Azalea town!", commanded Riley as hopped onto its back and they took off.

Yannick got up early today to train in the Ilex Forest as he suddenly heard a loud roar at the end of the forest and just a few moments later 2 Dragonites flew over him towards the roar. "What the hell is going on? Let's go investigate that Umbreon!" Yannick and Umbreon began to run. "Finally my parcour training pays of" said Yannick as he hopped onto a tree. "That's Azalea Town in that direction. Umbreon return! Go Dragonite! We need to get there fast!" Yannick called out Dragonite and hopped on his back.

Trail woke up to a persistent beeping. He slowly opened his eyes and noticed he had fallen asleep on his laptop. Last night he stayed at the Steakhouse for a while before heading back to his hotel room. The beeping was J-Peg trying to get attention from inside the laptop.
"Uh... what is it?" Trail muttered. J-Peg pulled up a news article from the internet. Trail scanned through it, his eyes widening.
"Th... the Legendary Dogs?!?!" Trail said. He closed down his laptop and put all his stuff in his bag. Putting on his glasses, he ran out of his room and onto his balcony.
"Go, Toves!" Trail said, sending out his Crobat. "Come on! We gotta go to Azalea town!"
The Crobat grabbed Trail and flew off.

Drew landed in Azalea town. " Return Draon." Drew said. Smoke filled the air. As everything was on fire. Drew walked towards the Slowpoke Well. " Anyone A live." Drew yelled down.
" Yes." A man Replied. " Everyone is safe." Drew looked around to see if you could find any clues on the dogs. As he walked towards the destroyed gym he felt the air current change. He looked and saw a couple of Dragonites and a Crobat land near him.

"Well, I'll be damned", said Riley as he landed and saw Drew. "Return Dragonite", stated Riley as he walked towards Drew. "So, what's up, old man?", asked Riley with smirk.

Last edited:
"Drew what has happened here?" Yannick asked after jumping of in mid air. "Who destroyed the town?" Yannick noticed two people standing in front of Kurt's house. "Hey I know Him! He is Morty the Gymleader of Ecruteak City but who is the other one? Wait a sec I have read an article about him he is Eusine a Trainer that is known for chasing Suicune. Does this mean that Suicune is responsible for this mess?"

Drew turned his gaze to the Gymleader and Eusine. " The bastard did it." Drew said knowing that Morty would understand what he meant. " Cortez actually captured the legendary dogs. dear god if he has Ho-oh as well..." He shook his head there was no time to think of that. He looked at his friend and the young pup. "Johto is in danger." Drew said. " Team Neo Rocket is going on the offensive."

"Oh great these grunts again. Dragonite return!" Yannick looked around "So where did Suicune, Entei and Raikou go? After all none of these Neo Rocket simpletones should be able to catch a legendary Pokemon with a Pokeball."

" No Cortez isn't like those grunts back in Kanto." Drew said. " He is cold calculating and vicious. He would of diffidently been able to capture them."

"So, um, what the hell is going on here cuz I'm lost and all I hear is neo team rocket and the legendary dogs?" asked Riley who was standing there listening to the conversation. "It sounds like you have some history with them," stated Riley.

Trail jumped off his Crobat and surveyed the destruction around him, then walked over to the other Trainers.
"So this Cortez guy is really bad news, huh?" Trail asked.

Last edited:
" Where did you come from." Drew said looking at Trail. " Anyways yeah me and Yannick faced them during our time in Kanto." He said.
" A few days after I came to Johto I came face to face with them again." Drew said. " At first they all seemed really easy. But then everything changed. It was as if they studied my strategies and learned from all of my victories and losses. " Drew took a deep breath. " Soon It was as if everything I did to try and stop them turned out to be useless. Then four months ago I met him. The new Team Neo Rocket leader Cortez. I fought him in the burnt temple in Ecruteak. That was the most intense battle I ever fought. He knew everything about me. My use of the field in battles. My combining attacks. Everything. The battle ended with him blowing up the burnt temple and me..." Drew moved his cane up and down. " Well you know."

" Yeah." Drew said. "Trying to stop some one from harming innocent people only to be hurt in the process." Drew looked around a bit more. " It's clear that they left. We should get back to Golden Rod."
.................................................................................................................
Else where
Cortez sat down looking at a big screen in front of him. It had every trainer that was going to participate in the Johto Tournament. It might seem silly but when he wins the tournament He can take control of Johto without having to bat an eye. The perfect plan. And no one will be able to stop him. And soon Team Neo Rocket will take their rightful place as kings of this world. " Soon." He said. He heard the whines of the Dog Trio. He stood up and opened a door to the left reveling the Dog Trio bound up with an electrical cage around Suicune and Entai and a rock cage around Raikou. " Quite down you beasts." Cortez said

"Yeah let's go the first round will start soon." Yannick pulled out Dragonites Pokeball. "Go Dragonite! Let's head back to Golden Rod." He had a bad feeling about the situation.

Jado saw the article of the Dog Trio on his phone."Time to finish this."Jado throw out his Dragonite and flew at Azelea Town."It seems they arent atacking now...I think i will hide myself and wait for them and free the legendary pokemon they got this time..."Jado returned his Dragonite and went to a cheap hotel."Iam pretty sure their atack will be in 2 Days...but i dont think so the three beasts would lose to the Team NeoRocket that easily...they may have something that the 3 Beasts care..."Jado fell asleep on the hotel bed and dropped his phone on the ground.

"Let's go Dragonite, back to Goldenrod. I want get some extra training before the tournament starts. Full speed!" Riley said as they flew off.

Trail looked around once again.
Well... there's nothing I can really do here. But if Team Rocket does have the Dog Trio... Trail shook his head.
"Come on, Toves." Trail said, bringing out his Crobat. "Let's head on back"
He jumped onto his Crobat and flew off.

Yannick returned to Goldenrod right after the opening stuff ended. The big monitor showed the pairs for the first round. "So I'm up first." Yannick pulled out a small tablet pc and quickly searched for the trainer. "Ok so he uses mainly Raichu, Noctowl and Espeon!" He walked down to the battllefield.
Ref: "This will be a 1on1 battle standart rules. Start."
Y: "Umbreon go!"
Mat: "Espeon you're up!"
Y: "Thats a good matchup for us! Use Dark Pulse followed by Shadow Ball!"
Mat: "Espeon dodge with Dig!"
Y: "Umbreon jump over the hole then fire Shadow Balls into it!"
Mat: "Espeon get out of the hole!"
Y: "Thats our chance! Use Dark Pulse to cover the field then get in close and use Shadow Ball!"
Espeon fainted.
Ref: "Espeon is unable to battle Umbreon wins and Yannick will advance to the next round!"
Y: "Good Job Umbreon nice win! Now return and relax!"
Yannick walked back to the standings and watched the rest of round one.

In the waiting room where all the other trainers were was Riley who was watching the match. "That was so bad," Riley thought to himself. "Looks like there won't be that much competition," thought Riley as he looked around at the other trainers. "I wonder where those other guys are."

Drew looked at the screen. His picture appeared.
" Guess I'm up." Drew said.
Drew walked out of the waiting room.
Before he completely walked out he saw a silver haired man looking at him. Drew stopped and held the man's stare. " Cortez." Drew said under his breath. ' What is he doing here?" Drew snapped out his trance and walked to the stadium.
" Alright." The Ref said. " I this is a one on one match between Drew Leuric and Claud.
" Go Maganium."Claude said.
" Go Poli." Drew said. " Poli rain dance. Poli moved his hands back and forth as a storm appeared.
" Petal Dance." Claude said. Poli was hit hard and fell back.
" Poli you alright?" Drew asked. Poli got up and gave Drew a thumps up sign.
" Petal dance." Claude said.
" Poli Ice beam." Drew said. Poli moved very fast doging the petal dance completely. A beam of ice flies out of Poli's stomach hitting Maganium directly in the face. " Now use Hydro pump." Drew said as a torrent of water hits Maganium knocking it backwards.
" Soloar...." Claude tried to say before being interrupted as another ice beam hits Maganium KOing it.
" Maganium is unable to battle winner Poliwrath and Drew."
Drew walked back to the waiting room stopping to meet Cortez.
" I will beat you." Drew said to the man.
" Just try to." Cortez said.

Riley walked up to Drew and Cortez noticing them and seeing their dislike for each other. "Nice job!", Riley said patting Drew on the shoulder. Then he put his out for Cortez to shake. "It is an honor to meet you Sir. I have heard many great things about you." Riley said staring at Cortez directly in the eyes.

"Put your guard up Riley." Drew said. " This man isn't one to be trifled with."
...........................................................................................................................................................
Cortez looked at the young boy infront of him. Riley age sixteen. A loud mouth. " I wish you luck boy."

Ace watched the three older boys talking to eachother. He didn't know anyone yet since it was his first time coming to a tournament like this. "Ah what the heck, I guess I might as well get to know some people while I'm here." He muttered to himself. He approached the group and tried his best to play it cool, "Hey, whats up?" Ace said casuaully.

Status
Not open for further replies.